Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? (42892 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / List Of Universities In Ghana Accredited & Recognized In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
honeycandy: I didn't see Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on that list. wink
On what list?
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by yuzedo: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
bolakale30:

Spare me the vocabs, the last time I checked, an impressive repertoire of grammar doesn't necessarily translate into an equally stupendous brain.. Didn't u see the way beowulf made his point without resorting to the usual insults that fools like u av made the norm on NL...mtsheeew...slowpoke, by the way, u graduated from which school ? I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of these mushroom universities with no prestige...

Your mother! How dare you switch from simply stu(p)id to highly hypocritical?! You must be extremely d(a)ft for saying that! Look at this oaf o! See me see i(d)iot?? grin
Who started the insults? You quoted me, launched into a barrage of insults because you tar-filled medulla couldn't comprehend my original post, and you have the nerve to pull this out of your smelly a(s)s?! angry
You must feel you can mouth off on the world wide web and get away with it all the time? Young man, don't piss me off! Carry your reprehensible peasant self away from this thread.. Your ilk are squeegee-cleaning windows at traffic spots in the slums.. Spare us the inferiority complex your every post reveals. We don't need to know subliminally about your backward pedigree. F(u)ckwad!
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by naturalwaves: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
Jarus: I am a proud product of Ife, but I concede this is between ABU and UNN. The reason why this is so is because while almost everybody that mattered in the North went to ABU, almost everybody that matters in the east also went to UNN, but the West has UI, Ife and Unilag, three universities to share its own.

Between 60's to 80's, everyone from the East and North dreamt of UNN and ABU respectively, while Ife, Lag and UI shared that of the West.

This is not absolute, as I am aware that there are many Yorubas that schooled in ABU in particular and UNN too, and vice versa for other regions, but it explains teh situation to a very large extent.
You said my mind.Nice analysis. As you can see, 70% or more of the people on the OP's list are Ibos which clearly shows that UNN was the only major school in the East as at that time. It is only normal for all or almost all of the earlier educated Easterners to attend UNN.

The OP had the advantage of making an earlier on research. I'll suggest this thread is kept alive so others can make researches about their Alumni.I was so surprised to see the quality of names some people are pasting on Unilag Alumni. I tell you, I was amazed at what I saw when I saw a list of her grads few years back from one of my sister's books and her Alumni is far far better than those lists filled with Entertainers. When you talk about Ife, you talk about a place that's home to Intellectual gangas. Her products are really holding their own too WORLDWIDE. As for UI, I'm very sure U go fear list when U see theirs as well.

The point I'm trying to make in all is that, it is only a matter of research before we can compare Alumni.The initial post by the OP is quite intimidating cos he has made a research.

The post would have made a better sense if the OP had brought forward a name or two in each sphere of life and then ask if any school has a better Alumni in those spheres.That would have been a better way of hastening people's memory.

1 Like

Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by slam7000(m): 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
honeycandy: I didn't see Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie on that list. wink

I dont think Ngozi Adichie graduated from UNN.She was a medicine & surgery undergraduate in 1994/95..class of 2001 but never joined her colleagues at enugu campus after first year,she joined Pharmacy but still didnt complete that before going to the US..The rest they say is history.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Bigboy100: 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
;DAfam, please put ethnic chauvinism aside and face reality, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria has the most emminent Alumni in Nigeria no doubt ! If you wanna argue abt this then I will refer you to check GOOGLE for further info. Don't stay in the south and assume that nothing good comes out of the north academically ''never judge a book by its cover,discover the soul brother'' Do you know abt Professor Gabriel Oyinbo the man that demystified Albert Einstein's scientific theorems and propounded the GAGUT theory in the US or Professor Aku the man that redesigned the gear box of Mercedes Benz E-Class ? This is a man that graduated with a CGPA of 4.99 in Mechanical Engineering and had a GPA of 4.90 as his lowest score althrough his academic sojourn.I bet you have never heard of Professor Ketchina former Nigerain Medical Association president,Professor Musa Shock former Nigerian Association of Pharmacologist President,J.B Daudu SAN former NBA president, Atiku Abubakar former Vice-President,Umaru Yar'adua,Namadi Sambo,Arc.Nuhu Wyah Minister of Power, Ummuna Lawan Ali Permanent-Secretary Ministry of Petroleum and OPEC Governor in Nigeria, not also forgetting Justice Uwais,Yayale Ahmed former SGF,Alfa Belgore CJN,Katsina-Alu CJN,Justice Kutigi CJN, the current Minister oF Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke, Sanusi Lamido CBN Governor,Ahmed A. Ahmed former CBN Governor, more than 20 ex-governors, and over 100 ministers and ex-ministers,over 200 head of federal parastatals,more than 120 senators. El-Rufai, Zainab Shamsuna Executive Secretary of NEITI, Solomon Lar, Adamu Ciroma, NNPC's GMD's Shehu Ladan,Abubakar Yar'Adua,Andrew Yakubu et al. Falalu Bello ex-MD Unity Bank. kai I no fit shout ! And mind you ABU isn't tribalistic in its admission process. Dude get a life we reign the nation !!! ;DAfam, please put ethnic chauvinism aside and face reality, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria has the most emminent Alumni in Nigeria no doubt ! If you wanna argue abt this then I will refer you to check GOOGLE for further info. Don't stay in the south and assume that nothing good comes out of the north academically ''never judge a book by its cover,discover the soul brother'' Do you know abt Professor Gabriel Oyinbo the man that demystified Albert Einstein's scientific theorems and propounded the GAGUT theory in the US or Professor Aku the man that redesigned the gear box of Mercedes Benz E-Class ? This is a man that graduated with a CGPA of 4.99 in Mechanical Engineering and had a GPA of 4.90 as his lowest score althrough his academic sojourn.I bet you have never heard of Professor Ketchina former Nigerain Medical Association president,Professor Musa Shock former Nigerian Association of Pharmacologist President,J.B Daudu SAN former NBA president, Atiku Abubakar former Vice-President,Umaru Yar'adua,Namadi Sambo,Arc.Nuhu Wyah Minister of Power, Ummuna Lawan Ali Permanent-Secretary Ministry of Petroleum and OPEC Governor in Nigeria, not also forgetting Justice Uwais,Yayale Ahmed former SGF,Alfa Belgore CJN,Katsina-Alu CJN,Justice Kutigi CJN, the current Minister oF Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke, Sanusi Lamido CBN Governor,Ahmed A. Ahmed former CBN Governor, more than 20 ex-governors, and over 100 ministers and ex-ministers,over 200 head of federal parastatals,more than 120 senators. El-Rufai, Zainab Shamsuna Executive Secretary of NEITI, Solomon Lar, Adamu Ciroma, NNPC's GMD's Shehu Ladan,Abubakar Yar'Adua,Andrew Yakubu et al. Falalu Bello ex-MD Unity Bank. kai I no fit shout ! And mind you ABU isn't tribalistic in its admission process. Dude get a life we reign the nation !!!
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
Bigboy 100%:
;DAfam, please put ethnic chauvinism aside and face reality, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria has the most emminent Alumni in Nigeria no doubt ! If you wanna argue abt this then I will refer you to check GOOGLE for further info. Don't stay in the south and assume that nothing good comes out of the north academically ''never judge a book by its cover,discover the soul brother'' Do you know abt Professor Gabriel Oyinbo the man that demystified Albert Einstein's scientific theorems and propounded the GAGUT theory in the US or Professor Aku the man that redesigned the gear box of Mercedes Benz E-Class ? This is a man that graduated with a CGPA of 4.99 in Mechanical Engineering and had a GPA of 4.90 as his lowest score althrough his academic sojourn.I bet you have never heard of Professor Ketchina former Nigerain Medical Association president,Professor Musa Shock former Nigerian Association of Pharmacologist President,J.B Daudu SAN former NBA president, Atiku Abubakar former Vice-President,Umaru Yar'adua,Namadi Sambo,Arc.Nuhu Wyah Minister of Power, Ummuna Lawan Ali Permanent-Secretary Ministry of Petroleum and OPEC Governor in Nigeria, not also forgetting Justice Uwais,Yayale Ahmed former SGF,Alfa Belgore CJN,Katsina-Alu CJN,Justice Kutigi CJN, the current Minister oF Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke, Sanusi Lamido CBN Governor,Ahmed A. Ahmed former CBN Governor, more than 20 ex-governors, and over 100 ministers and ex-ministers,over 200 head of federal parastatals,more than 120 senators. El-Rufai, Zainab Shamsuna Executive Secretary of NEITI, Solomon Lar, Adamu Ciroma, NNPC's GMD's Shehu Ladan,Abubakar Yar'Adua,Andrew Yakubu et al. Falalu Bello ex-MD Unity Bank. kai I no fit shout ! And mind you ABU isn't tribalistic in its admission process. Dude get a life we reign the nation !!! ;DAfam, please put ethnic chauvinism aside and face reality, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria has the most emminent Alumni in Nigeria no doubt ! If you wanna argue abt this then I will refer you to check GOOGLE for further info. Don't stay in the south and assume that nothing good comes out of the north academically ''never judge a book by its cover,discover the soul brother'' Do you know abt Professor Gabriel Oyinbo the man that demystified Albert Einstein's scientific theorems and propounded the GAGUT theory in the US or Professor Aku the man that redesigned the gear box of Mercedes Benz E-Class ? This is a man that graduated with a CGPA of 4.99 in Mechanical Engineering and had a GPA of 4.90 as his lowest score althrough his academic sojourn.I bet you have never heard of Professor Ketchina former Nigerain Medical Association president,Professor Musa Shock former Nigerian Association of Pharmacologist President,J.B Daudu SAN former NBA president, Atiku Abubakar former Vice-President,Umaru Yar'adua,Namadi Sambo,Arc.Nuhu Wyah Minister of Power, Ummuna Lawan Ali Permanent-Secretary Ministry of Petroleum and OPEC Governor in Nigeria, not also forgetting Justice Uwais,Yayale Ahmed former SGF,Alfa Belgore CJN,Katsina-Alu CJN,Justice Kutigi CJN, the current Minister oF Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke, Sanusi Lamido CBN Governor,Ahmed A. Ahmed former CBN Governor, more than 20 ex-governors, and over 100 ministers and ex-ministers,over 200 head of federal parastatals,more than 120 senators. El-Rufai, Zainab Shamsuna Executive Secretary of NEITI, Solomon Lar, Adamu Ciroma, NNPC's GMD's Shehu Ladan,Abubakar Yar'Adua,Andrew Yakubu et al. Falalu Bello ex-MD Unity Bank. kai I no fit shout ! And mind you ABU isn't tribalistic in its admission process. Dude get a life we reign the nation !!!
Your opinion is welcome. But i still wonder why all these people from ABU are all politicians or work in a politics related field. I think it's as a result of quota system that gives Northerners in edge in anything government. I hope to see a list of high profile doctors, lawyers, economists, bankers, CEOs who graduated from this school is any.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Bigboy100: 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
Which career position does a Lawyer wants to attain in Naija that is above an SAN ,NBA President,Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, a Justice of the Court of Appeal or the Attorney-General of the Federation? And for a Medical Doctor than being the President of NMA or NAP for a Pharmacist . And also for an economist than being the CBN Governor or NNPC's GMD for an engineer? Please check the initial names I listed b4 the names of the policticians and technocrats. How comes ladies aren't participating in this debate sef ?
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Afam4eva(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2012
Bigboy 100%:
Which career position does a Lawyer wants to attain in Naija that is above an SAN ,NBA President,Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, a Justice of the Court of Appeal or the Attorney-General of the Federation? And for a Medical Doctor than being the President of NMA or NAP for a Pharmacist . And also for an economist than being the CBN Governor or NNPC's GMD for an engineer? Please check the initial names I listed b4 the names of the policticians and technocrats. How comes ladies aren't participating in this debate sef ?
If you look at the Alumni of other universities, their professions are pretty balanced unlike that of ABU which tilts towards politics.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by naturalwaves: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
Bigboy 100%:
How comes ladies aren't participating in this debate sef ?
If you go to Romance section, you will find a bulk of them there.That's what they seem to like. You would be so surprised to see some threads that didn't even make front page entering 6 pages.Some of them should be in family section as well.

2 Likes

Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Abujabir24: 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
All of u guys are just bluffing. D best dat has produced d most ALUMNIS is d Nigerian Defence Academy. Thread Closed
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by AkinDavid2: 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2012
eminemkayc:

James Ibori made a 2.1 in UNIBEN. . . grin

Hmnnn...reallllly sad
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by naturalwaves: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2012
afam4eva:
If you look at the Alumni of other universities, their professions are pretty balanced unlike that of ABU which tilts towards politics.

Did you skip the first set of names he wrote? Moreover,there is usually a slight tilt towards some certain field in most schools. There is no how there can be a balance. E.g When we talk about great human right Activists , Ife is the no 1 as a bulk of them finished from there. When you talk about the Media and Entertainment, Unilag is the King at least I know the guy that owns Channels finished from there, Kofi, Teju babyface, Jazzman, Gbenga Adeyinka, Tee A, Eldee, Freestyle, Sasha etc. Infact, the list is endless. When you talk about those in politics, you just have to give it to Abu.I tell you, he has done the best thing he should by listing some other prominent people from ABU that have risen to the pinnacle of their careers. Do you know who Prof Onyibo is? #just asking#

1 Like

Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Edumilano(m): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
Every tertiary institution ve got diff calibre of alumi members, of which UNN is not an exception.considering the primary motive of our nationalist in the establishment of an indigenous institution_then, I think the University Of Nigeria has the strongest and most popular/recognized alumni. That's my candid opinion, which is subject to critiques
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by ACM10: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
Bigboy 100%:
The highest career position which a doctor can attain in terms of the politics of his profession is Secretary-general of the World Health Organisation(WHO). The highest career position in terms of his academic knowledge is pioneering a revolutionary technique for better management of patients or discovering a new drug. Professor P.O. Okonkwo of Pharmacology and Therapeutics Dept of UNN discovered the drug Ivermectin, which is used in the treatment of River blindness. This drug had benefitted millions of river blindness patients in Nigeria, Africa and the world. With this feat, he has reached the pinnacle of his academic career.
Afam is right! Northerners attains mostly political heights in Nigeria because of the quota system and federal character system. I can remember that my friend gained admission to study medicine in UNN by claiming Sokoto as his state of origin. His name appeared on the merit list, even though he scored 235 in JAMB exam. While the name of my other friend from Imo who scored 272 was omitted from from the list for failing to reach the cut-off mark. If Nigeria embraces meritocracy, I will not be surprised if people from other regions supplants some northerners from their positions.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Unkl(m): 8:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
UNN all the way, I'm so proud to be a LION!!!!!
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by okpurukata(f): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
UNN all the way. Great Lions and Lionesses!!, Great!
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by sanilistic: 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2012
A.B.U is ahead of u naturally
Care 2 see d alumni

Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, GCFR. Former
President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Namadi Sambo, current vice president,Federal
Republic of Nigeria
Dahiru Musdapher, Current Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Atiku Abubakar GCON, Former Vice
President,Federal Republic of Nigeria
Oladipo Diya,GCON, Former Vice President/
CGS, Federal Republic of Nigeria
Ghali Umar Na'Abba, Former Speaker, House
of Representative, Nigeria
Sunday Awoniyi, Northern Yoruba
Leader,Former Chairman ACF
Aminu Bello Masri, Former [speaker] House of
Representatives
Usman Bayero Nafada, Former Deputy
Speaker, House of Representatives
Ayodele Awojobi, Scientist and Professor at
University of Lagos
Attahiru JegaProfessor, Chairman,
Independent National Electoral Commission
(INEC)
Mansur Muhtar, Executive Director of the
World Bank
Mohammed Bello Adoke,Minister of Justice &
Attorney General of the Federation
Nnenadi Usman, Former Finance Minister
Turai Yar'Adua, Former First Lady
Olusegun Obasanjo Jnr., Architect and Son of
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo
Shehu Ladan, Former GMD, NNPC
Jerry Gana, Former Information Minister
Idris Legbo Kutigi, Former Chief Justice of
Nigeria
Rilwanu Lukman, Former Secretary General
OPEC & Petroleum Minister
Nuhu Ribadu, Former Chairman, EFCC
Ibrahim Lamorde, Current Chairman, EFCC
Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, Former FCT Minister
Donald Duke, former Cross River state
governor
Isa Yuguda,Governor, Bauchi State
Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, Governor, Nasarawa
State
Shamsudeen Usman,Minister of National
Planning
Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, Governor,
Gombe State
Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari, Governor,
Kebbi State
Ibrahim Geidam,Governor, Yobe State
Danbaba Danfulani Suntai, Governor, Taraba
State
Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Former Governor, Yobe
State
Mohammed Bawa, former Ekiti State governor
Abubakar Ibn Umar Garbai El-Kanemi, Shehu
of Borno
Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya, former Kano state
governorave fixed some links and added
needed spaces
Zainab Abdulkadir Kure, politician
Sanusi Lamido, Governor of the Central Bank
of Nigeria (CBN)
Ahmed Makarfi, former Kaduna state governor
Adamu Mu'azu, former Bauchi State governor
Rebecca Ndjoze-Ojo, politician
Aminu Safana, doctor/politician
Ibrahim Shekarau, former Kano state governor
Ibrahim Shema, Katsina State governor
Ussif Rashid Sumaila, economist
Ibrahim H. Umar, former Vice Chancellor and
scientist.
Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa, Kaduna state
governor
Reginald Ihejiahi - M.D. & Chief Executive
Officer of Fidelity Bank Plc
Iya Mohamed, Managing Director,
SODECOTON; president FECAFOOT; member of
FIFA world cup committee; member of CPDM in
Cameroon
Abayomi Awoniyi (Kogi State) Deputy
Governor
Professor Seth Sunday Ajayi,Wildlife
Conservation Expert(1994 UNEP Global 500
Environmental Achievement Laureate For
Africa)
Lantana Usman, Author and Professor
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by ACM10: 10:10pm On Oct 18, 2012
^
Which course did Olusegun Obasanjo study at ABU Zaria? undecided
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Pacemaker: 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2012
Class of 2002 University of Nigeria,Nnsuka...Great Lions !!!!
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by igboboy1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
Mote2: Tam David West, Adebayo Faleti, Michael Echeruo, Jude Munonye, Mabel Segun, Joseph Gomwalk, Elechi Amadi, Chris okigbo, Akinwunmi Ishola, Zulu sofola,
26. Oluwakayode Osuntokun Oluwakayode Osuntokun Kelsey Harrison 27. Kelsey Harrison Igwe Aja-Nwachukwu 28. Igwe Aja-Nwachukwu Mike Omoighe 29. Mike Omoighe Walter Mbonu 30. Walter Mbonu Nduka Onwuegbute 31. Nduka Onwuegbute Adiele Afigbo 32. Adiele Afigbo Adiele Afigbo Abel Guobadia 33. Abel Guobadia Martin
Ihoeghian
Uhomoibhi 34. Martin Ihoeghian Uhomoibhi Arinola
Olasumbo
Sanya 35. Arinola Olasumbo Sanya Aniru Conteh 36. Aniru Conteh Aniru Conteh Olufunmilayo Olopade 37. Olufunmilayo Olopade Samuel
Tunde
Bajah 38. Samuel Tunde Bajah Dr SID 39. Dr SID William Kumuyi 40. William Kumuyi Stephen
Stewart
Smalley 41. Stephen Stewart Smalley Stephen
Adebanji
Akintoye 42. Stephen Adebanji Akintoye John
Omoniyi
Abiri 43. John Omoniyi Abiri Epaphras
Denga
Ndaitwah 44. Epaphras Denga Ndaitwah Arthur
Okowa
Ifeanyi 45. Arthur Okowa Ifeanyi Stanley Lawson 46. Stanley Lawson

dem say recognizable o, no be any average joe. The average nigerians do not know 98% of the people in the list.

these are average nigerians at best. YOu can walj into a market in warri and say fela, obj, ojukwu, ibori and people will know them

the people u mentioned apart from maybe elechi, okowa, akintoye, kumuyi etc are just champions in their vicinity only.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by bigmaut: 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
With all these array of alumni members frm nigerian university ,nigeria is still in a mess,abig smelly shit-hole what value has they added to thier society that is what is important??

1 Like

Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by bigmaut: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
afam4eva:
Ha! na bad thing for graduates to be in politic??shld dey leave it 4 illiterate??
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
Governor fatai ahmed...the only reasonable thing university of ilorin has produced!!!!!!smh4them
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by abouzaid: 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
ACM10:
Afam is right! Northerners attains mostly political heights in Nigeria because of the quota system and federal character system. I can remember that my friend gained admission to study medicine in UNN by claiming Sokoto as his state of origin. His name appeared on the merit list, even though he scored 235 in JAMB exam. While the name of my other friend from Imo who scored 272 was omitted from from the list for failing to reach the cut-off mark. If Nigeria embraces meritocracy, I will not be surprised if people from other regions supplants some northerners from their positions.
i was surprised during my youth service to see so many igbos with a northern state of origin. Infact, if u read madiebo book, u will realise that strategy has been used by igbos even before the civil war.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by dom(m): 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2012
Its on record that the alumni of UI includes more than half of the past vice chancellors of UNN. Counting the galaxy of stars in UI alumni is an exercise in futility cos you can't stop. Founded in 1948,its not fair to compare the alumni list with those of later generation universities like UNN (1960). Like should compete with like. UI's contemporaries are the likes of University of Legon, in Ghana.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by abouzaid: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2012
^^ pls provide us with facts not generalizations.
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by zibe(m): 11:55pm On Oct 18, 2012
UNN...my UNN
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by pharmow: 12:54am On Oct 19, 2012
My pity for nigeria is that in a not too far future, the names of the notables will be people that studied in one university in US, UK or Canada. The big question is how many of these people have their children studied or studying in the university they finished from?
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by bola4dprec(m): 1:40am On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Apart from GEJ and maybe Yaradua, how many past presidents attended a university?
Nigerian Defence Academy is a degree award institution which equivalent to university degree
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by bola4dprec(m): 2:14am On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls name some Alumni of ABU??
1-Ahmed Makarfi He became a member of the Board of
Trustees at the Institute for Peace and
Conflict Resolution in Abuja as well as
its Director of Finance and
Administration.
Makarfi was elected governor of
Kaduna State in 1999 and won a
second four-year term in 2003.

2-Aminu Safana A doctor by training, Safana was a
graduate of Ahmadu Bello University
and the Universities of Leeds and
London.

3-Namadi Sambo Incumbent VP

4-Nuhu Ribadu EFCC Boss

5-Rebecca Ndjoze she is a
Namibian politician and educator. A
member of SWAPO, Ndjoze-Ojo has
been a member of the National
Assembly and Deputy Minister of
Education since 2005.

6-Ojo
Rosaline Bozimo
is a Nigerian lawyer who
was appointed Minister of Police Affairs
by President Olusegun Obasanjo in July
2003. In January 2007 the Ministries of
Police Affairs and Internal Affairs were
merged into the new Ministry of the
Interior, and Bozimo became a Minister
of State in the new ministry.

7-Shamsuddeen
Usman

8-Shehu Ladan

9-Sunday Awoniyi's first political appointment
was as a District Officer for the British
colonial administration (he was one of
few Nigerians to hold the post, most
being reserved to Britons). After
independence in 1960, he held several
posts in the Northern Regional
Government, including that of
Secretary to the Executive Council,[3]
where he worked with Sardauna
Ahmadu Bello, Premier of Northern
Nigeria.

10-Turai Yar'Adua one time first lady

11-Umaru Musa
Yar'Adua late president

12Usman Bayero

13-Nafada was a member of the Gombe
House of Assembly for the All Nigeria
Peoples Party (ANPP) from 1999 until
2003, and held the post of Speaker
starting in June of that term. He was
also previously the Assistant State
Auditor of Gombe State.
Nafada was elected to the national
House of Representatives in 2003 as
an ANPP candidate for Dukku/Nafada,
but switched to PDP membership when
his state began to vote that way. After
the resignation of Babangida Nguroje
amid the Patricia Etteh corruption
scandal.

14-Yayale Ahmed was appointed to the position of Head of Civil Service (chief civil servant) of Nigeria on December 18, 2000, by former President Olusegun
Obasanjo, who described Ahmed as
"Mr Civil Servant"
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by jerikoyan(m): 2:52am On Oct 19, 2012
Jarus:

Peter Fatomilola and Kola Oyewo, two of the main guys in Mainframe, are Ife lecturers. Kola has a PhD, I dey see Peter drink palmwine for the back of dramatic arts department.
saw peter fatomilola last week hustling for TOWN-GBORO
also king sunny ade is now a visiting lecturer in music dept
Re: University In Nigeria With The Most Recognized Alumni? by dayo23(f): 4:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Bigboy 100%:
Chai! Chai!chai!.....PROF GABRIEL OYINBO the World best MAthematician...Argument over! A.B.U ZARIA On point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chinenye Gloria Enukorah Is UNIZIK Nursin Best Graduating Student With 4.74 CGPA / GRV Addresses Lagos Civil Service, NURTW & Traditional Leaders (Video) / The Most Beautiful University You Have Been To In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.