Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? (845 Views)

AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Married Folks: Is Oral Se.x Neccessary In A Marriage To Build Trust And Love? / Should Chivalry Die In This Age Of Equality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? by xyloxloto(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
seriously with women equal to men in todays society is there any reason why men of today should still behave chivalry towards women? since women are no more to be said to be the weaker sex why must a man for example open the door of a cab or restaurant for a lady since what men can do women can now do better in this age of equality? some women actually find it offensive for men to be chilvalry towards them.for me personally i have seen situations were even in buses or trains in london men have generally refused to stand up or offer their seats to women even though when these women are heavily pregnant the younger men are even more guilty in these case they basically seem not to care if you are pregnant, tired, or old.
Re: Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2012
To ask this question is to show one has no understanding what it chivalry is really about.
Re: Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? by SisiKill1: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2012
What say we start with men having the BASIC MANNERS first then we can reach for the stars and go for Chivalry then and only then can we discuss whether it is necessary.
Re: Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2012
lol . . . Well, in my opinion, basics manners starts from the home. If a man is not properly thought to respect people at home, and to respect women from his childhood, I doubt you can do much reconstruction later on. I know many people don't like to hear this but a lot of the problems in society today stems from the way our women, and men continue to raise their kids.
Re: Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
@OP
sadly not all are created equal, and therefore not all should be treated in the same manner. you cannot be a gentleman for every donkey out there, that will have you fail in life. some women should be treated right because they DESERVE it, and others........should be used and abused for the purpose that they were put on this earth for. it may sound hard but its a fact!

here is an example:
if you meet some skank in the club, and she is all over your cokc before you even left the club, then there is no need to open doors and all the gentleman bla bla.......just tell her to get in the car, before taking her home and b[b]a[/b]nging the hell out of her......... in the morning, put her name on your "Bootay call" speed dial before asking her politely to get the fukc out of your house.
for this type of ladies, being a gentleman does NOT work!
Re: Is Chilvalry Neccessary In The Age Of Equality Between Men And Women? by EfemenaXY: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
xyloxloto: seriously with women equal to men in todays society is there any reason why men of today should still behave chivalry towards women? since women are no more to be said to be the weaker sex why must a man for example open the door of a cab or restaurant for a lady since what men can do women can now do better in this age of equality? some women actually find it offensive for men to be chilvalry towards them.for me personally i have seen situations were even in buses or trains in london men have generally refused to stand up or offer their seats to women even though when these women are heavily pregnant the younger men are even more guilty in these case they basically seem not to care if you are pregnant, tired, or old.

Yes it is. It's meant to set us humans, apart from animals.

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Husband Sets Wife Ablaze / ''how Do U Feel Or How Would U Feel Wen Ur Child Calls U Mummy'' / Brotherly Love - The Housewife Married To Five Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.