Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,618 members, 7,770,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos (10269 Views)

Breaking News. Buhari Collapses At APC Rally In Calabar. / Unconfirmed Report: Buhari Collapses At Calabar Due To Exhaustion / Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by naptu2: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
[size=14pt]Casualties feared as another building collapses in Lagos[/size]

August 1, 2012 by Agency Reporter ⁠1 Comment

Some occupants of a three-storey building on Lagos Island are believed to have died after it collapsed on Wednesday.

The building is said to be located in Adeniji Adele area.

Rescue workers raced to the scene and began checking the rubble for any signs of life.

Within the first hour of their arrival, no corpse was found.

However, people living in nearby houses insisted that there were some people occupying the building at the time it collapsed.

This is the latest incidence of building collapse in Lagos this year.
More details shortly.

http://www.punchng.com/news/casualties-feared-as-another-building-collapses-in-lagos/
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Etumgbe(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
God have mercy
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by MMM2(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
Rip cryRip
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
Lagos na sinking ground,very unsafe,especially in the island... i hope there was no casualty nor death
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
Whats realy happening, everywhere one problem or the other!!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2012
M M M: Rip cryRip
Dude, no death has been reported yet and you are already RIPing...bad belle
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by aryzgreat: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
lagos is working! fashola is working!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by naptu2: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
There was a huge shock for residents and traders of Lagos Island earlier this morning as a three storey building collapsed. No life was lost and a woman that was trapped has been rescued few minutes ago.

Pictures

Source http://omoakala..co.uk/2012/08/pictures-of-3-storey-building-that.html

Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by DAY12(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
binger: Dude, no death has been reported yet and you are already RIPing...bad belle

Bro, read the topic again!

R.I.P to all those who lost their lives...Govt should find the maraphucking builder and charge him for a murderer! angry
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by hollandis(f): 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2012
When the useless government cannot provide simple drainage system ,the absence of which causes a wear and tear of building foundation,the roads are not tarred .Useless people in top govt echeleons ,may the blood of whoever dies due to their carelessness rest on them and their family
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by sdiq: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2012
SOME HOUSE NEED TO BE DEMOLISH IN THIS LAGOS SELF INCLUDING MY FATHER HOUSE SELF COS THEY ARE ALL SUCIDE TRAP
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by bobokelly(m): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2012
So sad, just that the developers that built those houses in lagos island do not build the house for long use, because they have a period of 20 to 25 years to recovered their money and profit, so within that 25years the building is weaking, 2 to 3years after, the buliding will be given a sign of weaking and can collapes .

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Sunofgod(m): 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
sdiq: SOME HOUSE NEED TO BE DEMOLISH IN THIS LAGOS SELF INCLUDING MY FATHER HOUSE SELF COS THEY ARE ALL SUCIDE TRAP

Lol

cheesy

Lol

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Jimatex(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
God will help us for dis naija
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by ayobase(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
hollandis: When the useless government cannot provide simple drainage system ,the absence of which causes a wear and tear of building foundation,the roads are not tarred .Useless people in top govt echeleons ,may the blood of whoever dies due to their carelessness rest on them and their family

Government?
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Lordave: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
Oh! Allah where art thou? Save us Adonai.
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Ignatiusprince(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
Nawa 2 dz self. Anyway nah end time. .
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by kutchs: 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
Such a huge shame, RIP to the dead. Has Fashola visited? and what has ACN and Lai Moh‘d got to say about this shame?
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by francis247(m): 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
Make una wait o, Is this wan natural or artificial disaster?
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
O ma se o! RIP to the dead!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by francis247(m): 8:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
Make una wait o, Is this wan natural or artificial disaster?
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by ayobase(m): 8:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
sdiq: SOME HOUSE NEED TO BE DEMOLISH IN THIS LAGOS SELF INCLUDING MY FATHER HOUSE SELF COS THEY ARE ALL SUCIDE TRAP

Can u provide us with ur papa's house address for quick demolition before it claims lives!
LOL!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by gulfer: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
naptu2: There was a huge shock for residents and traders of Lagos Island earlier this morning as a three storey building collapsed. No life was lost and a woman that was trapped has been rescued few minutes ago.

Pictures

Source http://omoakala..co.uk/2012/08/pictures-of-3-storey-building-that.html
And some people still dey sell? Na wah o for Lagos.
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by akinmusi(m): 8:44pm On Aug 01, 2012

I am so sure your dad has got no house. You are joking. * Grin *

Yoruba will call you, "Omo ale", which means a bastard child.

On the other hand, some people will say your dad is will not be proud of you because of the way you have run your mouth.

Sincerely, I mean no harm and disrespect. You need to think before you hit those keys.

I feel terribly sorry for your dad. He could have looked for a prostitute's punny and pour that thing inside.

I am just hmmm. Pls once again, I meant no harm or disrespect when I was typing this.

But on the other hand, you could be saying the truth.
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by trigar12(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
Who is abusing the government there NA FASHOLA BUILD THE HOUSE
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by AlhajiPastor: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2012
WHICH OF YOUR FATHER ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? BECAUSE I KNOW YOU DO CALL UR LANDLORD FATHER SO OFTEN. IF BABA SIKIRA GET TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PRANKS ON NAIRALAND, YOU'RE IN TROUBLE grin grin grin grin
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by pembisco(m): 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
Na bomb collapse d building o! Dis useless jonalist no wan tell us d truth!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by poj(m): 8:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
Nairaland, the forum for comedians rehearsal.
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by alaoeri: 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
hollandis: When the useless government cannot provide simple drainage system ,the absence of which causes a wear and tear of building foundation,the roads are not tarred .Useless people in top govt echeleons ,may the blood of whoever dies due to their carelessness rest on them and their family
Government, doubt it if u have been to lagos island before. Majority of building collapsing in Lagos island is as a result mere greediness & wicked in the part of landlords/ house owner, a house that's meant to be a bungalow on of a sudden 'll be converted to storey building not considering the foundation strength & the soil terrane.
*Another factor is majority of sand used in construction in lagos generally are gotten from sea with high level of alkaline which 'll require more cement than ordinary sand but as a result of greediness they 'll neglect this fact.
Take a trip to lagos island & u 'll find out that its a matter of time for some building to collapse.

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by ANYPEN(m): 9:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
aryzgreat: lagos is working! fashola is working!

You're an eeeediooot!
Fashola sank them abi na him build the house ni!

Mooron!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by sdiq: 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
ayobase:

Can u provide us with ur papa's house address for quick demolition before it claims lives!
LOL!
YOU WANT MAKE THEM COMOT ME FOR THIS BUKA BUT TO BE SINCERE THIS HOUSE NEED TO BE DEMOLISH
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Raajazr(m): 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2012
naptu2: [size=14pt]Casualties feared as another building collapses in Lagos[/size]

August 1, 2012 by Agency Reporter ⁠1 Comment

Some occupants of a three-storey building on Lagos Island are believed to have died after it collapsed on Wednesday.

The building is said to be located in Adeniji Adele area.

Rescue workers raced to the scene and began checking the rubble for any signs of life.

Within the first hour of their arrival, no corpse was found.

However, people living in nearby houses insisted that there were some people occupying the building at the time it collapsed.

This is the latest incidence of building collapse in Lagos this year.
More details shortly.

http://www.punchng.com/news/casualties-feared-as-another-building-collapses-in-lagos/
. God wil rescue d victim there wil b survivors

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Is A Gang-up - Ekweremadu (Deputy Senate President) / We Warned Nnamdi Kanu And Ipods But Did They Listen? / 98% Of Cash Transfer Beneficiaries Are Women – Apera Iorwa (NASSCO Coordinator)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.