Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos (10289 Views)

Breaking News. Buhari Collapses At APC Rally In Calabar. / Unconfirmed Report: Buhari Collapses At Calabar Due To Exhaustion / Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Onyenna(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
...May God save us.... I pray they make it out.......
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Biggyd2: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
I actually wonder how people got approval to build such houses. They are built so close to each other. Ventilation is poor with legal and illegal electric cables criss-crossining the whole area. What if there is a fire outbreak? shocked shocked
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2012
This is very sad. Unfortunately, expect more houses to fall because many of these sub standard houses were built in the 80s and 90s with little or no government regulation and supervision .
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by tellwisdom: 1:44am On Aug 02, 2012
Building fell----->Mshewww, Daily things undecided undecided
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by AustineE1: 7:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Lagos is sinking down...lagos state needs total demolition,highly unplanned,dirty,stinking!Lagos is one big garbage!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by hardbody: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2012
The truth is a vast majority of the storey buildings in the island particularly that ghetto around adeniji adele and environs are sub standard. the builders cum owners are carrying out quickly built houses with no proper super structure to contain the structure being put up. It is only a matter of time sometimes less than 2 years and the deadly contraption will collapse. Me i will never advise anyperson, even my enemy, to take up accommodation in any of those areas, God forbid bad thing. Greed, Greed, Greed. Some of those houses collapse long before completion and teh saddest part is that no body does anything at the end of it all. by the time people get prosecuted and imprisoned for endangering other people's lives, perhaps we will start curtailing all these rubbish
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by omar22(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2012
When the useless government cannot provide simple drainage system ,the absence of which causes a wear and tear of building foundation,the roads are not tarred .Useless people in top govt echeleons ,may the blood of whoever dies due to their carelessness rest on them and their family

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!! I could remember in the mid 80s when these type of building were going here and there like bamboo trees, it was the era of property developer who just squeeze a 2 or 3 ugly looking building into a tight space without no planning or structure and less material, then when one house catches fire it burns down 5 or 6 buildings along the way. Building a property requires common sense and not greed!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by DonHummer(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2012
Why wud u blam da govt? 4 me i rather blam d pple occupyin dat buildin...cos if u see d knd of structures in dat area u could walk into d buildin nd slap d tenants
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by emmalezy(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2012
Na wa aoh
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by Uwehok: 9:23am On Aug 02, 2012
It's quite pathetic, my heartfelt sympathy 2d family. I Pray there should be no casualty.
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by 1800bc(f): 11:17am On Aug 02, 2012
I use to think there was an agency that checks the standard of buildings...dem they sleep?
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by ayobase(m): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
Alhaji Pastor :
WHICH OF YOUR FATHER ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? BECAUSE I KNOW YOU DO CALL UR LANDLORD FATHER SO OFTEN. IF BABA SIKIRA GET TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PRANKS ON NAIRALAND, YOU'RE IN TROUBLE grin grin grin grin

U r such a comedian!
LOL!
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by MMM2(m): 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
binger: Dude, no death has been reported yet and you are already RIPing...bad belle

My man which village re u from
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by femiseun1: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2012
When islanders use quater of a plot to errect a 3 storey buidling with a penhouse on top. This is what you get
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by a1seo: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
I use to think there was an agency that checks the standard of buildings...dem they sleep?

http://www.packersmoversdirectory.net/

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Building Collapses At Adeniji-Adele Area In Lagos by EagleNest(m): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
Many buildings in Lagos are old and decripit. People living on it are just living on a tip of keg of gun powder...waiting to explode. LASG had not done much in matters of shelter. So much corruption in land ministry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police To Lose Power To Prosecute Suspects / Reasons Why Our Society Is Underdeveloped / Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.