Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? (21085 Views)

So, When Will Computers Have Souls? / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I saw this a while ago. . . . just beautiful.

Cliffhanger! Lion cub saved by mum in dramatic scenes caught on camera as he cries out pitifully for help

The drama begins: The mother arrives at the edge of the cliff as her son cries out for rescue after being trapped when he slipped

On the brink: Four lionesses look over the edge before aborting their rescue mission because of the sheer drop

Rescue mission: The mother inches her way down the cliff face to rescue the terrified cub before locking him in her jaws and making her way back up the cliff face

Motherly love: The mother gives her son a lick to say that all is well in the pride following the drama

I know so many ppl quoted this but this is sooo amazing!!!

Even lionesses have their motherly instincts. cool Another testimony that animals do in fact have souls.
if you ask me we have a LOT to learn from them and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the first humans
did in fact pattern their ways. smiley

how can someone NOT like animals?! lol. grin
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by SNCOQ3(m): 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sun of god: This 'Panda' wasn't happy with his bill . . .

una no go kill pesin! grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by obailala(m): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sun of god: This 'Panda' wasn't happy with his bill . . .

This panda has just made my day grin grin grin grin smiley

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
[img]http://animalinventory.files./2009/04/facial-expressions1.jpg[/img]

I don't believe we came from apes lol BUT that doesn't mean they do not have the same emotions we do. smiley

case in point...

"There is a wonderful story about Washoe, one of the first chimps to be taught sign language. The popular event has been recounted many times — One of the women who worked with Washoe had been pregnant and then was absent for a few days. Washoe was upset with the woman for her apparent abandonment, and did her best to ignore and snub the woman upon her return. However, when the woman finally got Washoe’s attention, the woman signed to her, “my baby died.” Washoe, who had lost several babies herself, simply signed the word “cry.”

Rarely has something occurred in human-animal communication that so clearly and evocatively lays to rest the question of whether animals experience emotions. Further still, this example demonstrates Washoe’s ability to empathize — that is, she appears to experience, understand and expect the emotion of her human friend, because Washoe herself had experienced a similar tragedy."

read more here: http://animalinventory./2009/04/19/do-animals-have-emotions/

onatisi:
whaoooo God is good and God is love

INDEED!!!! cool
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
LMAO@ the panda!! I didn't see that grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nightshift(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
Some good lesson for "ethnic snipers" on nairaland. Folks stop hating, show some love!!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
lekibraky: don't say what u don't know about d quran cos it commands us to sluaghter them gently because it is Allah who calm dem for us to overpower them.
We are all animals but we human beings are higher animal becos of our ability to reason and carry out task

wow @ slaughter animals so gently. that is so kind of you. tongue *sarcasm
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
waooow @ my 1st front page topic! grin
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls , cant think for themselves and make their decisions

This black swan is a true eye opener!!!

This is so cute! I am such a lover of animals. Animals have that compassion and loyalty that rarely or no longer seems to exist in the human race. Thanks for sharing. Nice thread!
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I saw this a while ago. . . . just beautiful.

Cliffhanger! Lion cub saved by mum in dramatic scenes caught on camera as he cries out pitifully for help

The drama begins: The mother arrives at the edge of the cliff as her son cries out for rescue after being trapped when he slipped

On the brink: Four lionesses look over the edge before aborting their rescue mission because of the sheer drop

Rescue mission: The mother inches her way down the cliff face to rescue the terrified cub before locking him in her jaws and making her way back up the cliff face

Motherly love: The mother gives her son a lick to say that all is well in the pride following the drama

My Jehovah God is amazing. Look at the motherly instinct, 'love' and care while some members of my specie either abandon/ dump their offspring in the trash or maltreat their offsprings for reasons best known to them.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
truthislight: But is what the bible says, that Animals are souls just like humans.

Yes, I agree with you. I am also of the opinion that animals DO have souls. However, they have a different kind of soul from ours. As humans, our souls don't die with the human body because we have to stand judgement before Jehovah God the Almighty. Animals on the other hand also have a soul but their souls die when their bodies die. Animals will not stand judgement.

I saw a video on youtube of a gentleman who died and was given a second chance by God to come back to life and he gave a detailed description of what happens after our earthly bodies die. It was from him I probably first heard that animals have souls but not the kind that we humans have. He also said that the spirit bodies we will have after we die makes it impossible to tell which racial group a person once belonged to while they were on earth. I was like: wow! Racial supremacists will be so angry and frustrated when their lives are up and they have to face God. What will keep their depraved minds preoccupied up there in the spiritual realm now? lol

Anyways, When Christ Jesus comes back to rule the world after the enemy satan and his followers are defeated, there will be animals again in His (Christ's) kingdom. The bible tells me:

Isaiah 11:6

New International Version (NIV)

6 The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a] together;
and a little child will lead them.

I will be very happy living in such a kingdom! smiley
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
Deep Sight:
Anyone who says animals don't have souls has never lived with a dog as a pet.

Animals are not only amazingly intelligent, but they display knowing sentient awareness of unexpected attributes: its amazing to observe animals that have a sense of guilt, a sense of family, a sense of loyalty FAR exceeding that of humans, a sense of work ethic and duty, a sense of deception, stealth, cunning and deceitfulness, a sense of love, a sense of intense jealousy, and many more.

Any person who is a lover of animals both wild and domestic, and has taken time to observe them, will be in no doubt that they possess souls of some sort.

Very well said. As a lover of animals (both domestic and wild) I could not have said it better myself. Kudos!
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

wow i have noticed jealousy in my cat. i remember when i used to go and pet a stray cat that used to come everyday to visit my cat, my cat would become jealous and start making attempts to divert & catch my attention. i cant really describe it, but yeahh that element was certainly there. .

i didnt actually buy my cat. i was actually leaving my house one cold winter night for some work (mind you it was freezing cold), and then this kitten just walked into my house, went to the top floor and slept on my bed. since i was getting late, i didnt want to put it out or anything also since it was very cold. so i went out and when i returned, he was waiting for me at the top of the stairs. when i looked at that innocent face staring up at me, i knew it has got to stay at my home. so i kept it. grin
(and then a few months later, he starts bringing all his friends to my home to show-off and all that. that was when i started getting really annoyed )

here are pictures of my cat:

Your kitty cat is very cute. Thanks for rescuing him. And please don't be upset that he (your cat) is bringing his friends home. If na you just finish to build a nice 5 bedroom duplex mansion for Naija, you no go bring your friends come your house so you fit show-off? wink

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
jayriginal:

Very nice and apt actually.

On the issue of "souls", I see no reason why that is the distinguishing feature of humanity. Reading the thread, I expected to see many christians denouncing the concept of animal "souls". Possibly, the thread hasnt attracted them yet.

In fact, I think I've heard Pagan9ja use the term "our animal equals". That carries deep meaning. I'd like to be a vegetarian but some of our furry friends are quite delicious and besides, plants are alive too; they're just easier to catch.

My whole family is animal loving. We have had pigeons, dogs, a cat and even a chicken we called Remi. She died a natural death. No one could bear to eat her.

I'm rambling . . .

@Bolded

That sounds like my family. We have had dogs, cats, chicken, guinea pigs, and we had a hard time slaughtering the christmas goat we once bought about 1.5 months to christmas. That is how much my family loves animals, lol
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
That is beautiful. . . . awwwwwww!!!!

I just love the passionate care that animals show. Warms my heart smiley

Well said. It warms my heart too.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
looplat: Chai! Dat was how the human race used to be before
the white race joined the rest of us...

da white race destroyed the human race.

LOL, na so we see am.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by dasparrow: 9:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Lol!! cheesy cheesy

Don't have pix oh but I have personal story about good Naija based dogs. Up until end of june we had 15 dogs. . . 1 male and 2 females and 12puppies (1 female dog had 5 and the other 7). One of mama died. . .got hit by a car and the murderer didn't even have the courtesy to stop angry

Anyway the surviving mother now cares for the puppies but what is even more heart tugging is how the male dog helps. Apparently it does the heavy lifting. . . .bringing puppies closer to mama when they are breast feeding (the runts in the pack get run over by the bigger puppies) so papa dog will move some away and push others in.

I have begged my mom to capture it on video but the yeye dog starts growling when people get close to her when she's feeding her babies. Besides mom is like who has time for all that and I quote "Regbe Regbe". . .end quote. cheesy cheesy

She can't wait to get rid of them or so she says but we are inclined to believe deep down she loves them coz if she was really gonna give them away. . .she woulda done it a long long long time ago and she won't be so strict about their well being. cheesy

Sorry to hear about the lose of your pet. Some people just have no conscience. embarassed

In regards to the video: Maybe your mom may give in to your request someday to have your dogs captured on video. If that happens, please do not hesitate to share the video with we the pet loving community of Nairaland. smiley
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
dasparrow:

Your kitty cat is very cute. Thanks for rescuing him. And please don't be upset that he (your cat) is bringing his friends home. If na you just finish to build a nice 5 bedroom duplex mansion for Naija, you no go bring your friends come your house so you fit show-off? wink

hahaha thnx. you are right! grin
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
i have noticed the ape family's attraction to the cat family and also vice-versa. the other day i saw a documentary where a leopard kills baboon mother from a baboon tribe and takes it up a tree to eat clinging to mamas stomach. it is then that he notices the baby of the baboon. he then looks after the baby and even protects it from Hyenas. they even sleep together on top of a tree as both can climb and also to keep warm. .

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Fiveseventy: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2012
The youtube videos of Koko the Gorilla are more touching. Especially the one about the loss of a kitten!
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 06, 2012
A white swan will never do that! grin
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Artlove(m): 5:27am On Aug 06, 2012
Abeg Go sit down jooor, now who edit dis dey talk lie lie.

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by mandy4s: 5:33am On Aug 06, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

dont lie. the bible and quraan both says that animals dont have souls and are mainly meant to serve humans. angry

2 Peter 2:12

".......They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish."

my friend well ur post said "they are like UNREASONING animals" but in this case the animals all proved to have reasoned!! So what are you saying?
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by kunletech: 7:06am On Aug 06, 2012
Animal have soul, but d soul of man is complex.
Psychologies call soul "mind", and mind is brain and without it, animal can,t funtion. Saying animal have no soul is like saying animal have no brain.
Soul is d inner self, body without a soul is like electrical light bulb without electricity, is like a computer without a software.
But is only d soul of man that God have enternity covanant with.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2012
mandy4$:

my friend well ur post said "they are like UNREASONING animals" but in this case the animals all proved to have reasoned!! So what are you saying?

its not me who said that. is the bible. .
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by TalkingBird: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
The marvels of creation reveal the originality of life and perfect design from a perfect universal designer.
Life thus have a purpose.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by TalkingBird: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Animals are souls
(Genesis 2:18, 19) . . .And Jehovah God went on to say: “It is not good for the man to continue by himself. I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him.” 19 Now Jehovah God was forming from the ground every wild beast of the field and every flying creature of the heavens, and he began bringing them to the man to see what he would call each one; and whatever the man would call it, each living soul, that was its name.

(Joshua 11:10, 11) 10 More than that, Joshua turned about at that time and captured Ha′zor; and its king he struck down with the sword, because Ha′zor was before that the head of all these kingdoms. 11 And they went striking every soul that was in it with the edge of the sword, devoting [them] to destruction. No breathing thing at all was left over, and he burned Ha′zor in the fire.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by tlaret24(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
anatomically theirz is wat we call the amygdala,it is located in the brain & present in all animalz except reptiles,this part of the brain controls emotional part of man,it increases the love between child&moda.....so am not suprise. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2012
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Afroconnect: 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
God is great...all creatures intelligent.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by tpia5: 4:29am On Dec 22, 2013
people cant even love themselves, why all these "animal love" brouhaha, what are the pictures/videos supposed to accomplish?

proving showing love is animalistic?

i personally am not tripped by pictures of snake watching monkey or monkey saluting gorilla, whats it got to do with me, my emotions are not frozen or psycho like most people here.

i do not need to see photos of animals showing empathy before i know humans are supposed to have that emotion.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22am On Dec 22, 2013
^no one is forcing you to see.

just shut yourself in a dark room, close your eyes and decompose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dealing With The Powers Behind Barrenness/life Challenges Spiritually / Living Faith Church Produces Bibles Worldwide (Video) / Tayo Demola Blasts Father Mbaka Over His Embarrassment Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.