Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Natural Hair - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natural Hair (16251 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Student Faces Expulsion Over Natural Hair / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natural Hair by Meddler(f): 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
hannydarl: My hair now. Was cut like 4inches short in december and as at today before washing. This is what it looks like though it curls back to half this length when washed.
It looks so nice and fluffy. Do you braid/twist after wash and detangle?
Re: Natural Hair by hannydarl(f): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
Thanks. I just weave it after washing .Have never carried it as fro before sha.
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 08, 2012
hannydarl: My hair now. Was cut like 4inches short in december and as at today before washing. This is what it looks like though it curls back to half this length when washed.
Lovely hair.
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 08, 2012
girlsupersonic: Bt the hair you loose might be like you didnt gain much length. Its risky. @meddler was your hair relaxed as at the time you took the picture?

Probably not. Dreads don't require combing, but hair will continue its normal growth cycle, which would include shedding. I would suppose that a lot of the hair coming out would be shed hair. If someone in locks takes time, a lot of time, and patience, it could probably be done without losing too much. I've never seen or heard it though lol.
Re: Natural Hair by Denise216(f): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2012
Meddler: I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was not my intention. I believe its up to you how you decide to wear ur hair. I created this topic as a support thread for other naturals (yes you have to differentiate it). The fact is that most of us b4 going natural had little or no clue about natural hair maintenance. Its not easy and to be honest can be a bit fustrating. So for those willing to share their experiences pls keep em coming. I've been natural for 5 yrs but keep learning new things everyday. P.S. I think a natural hair gathering in naija wud be a nice way to meet fellow naturals.

I couldn't find anything wrong with your initial post and we can assume that most readers got the gist. You're a class-act too, taking the critiques in stride and staying a lady-I admire that. Good Luck finding people with natural hair in common and quiet as its kept, a Nigerian Natural Hair Expo, if planned carefully and in enough advance, would be HUGE ($$$). You seem to have a level head, I say make it happen.

I don't have a ceremonial story or anything. I cut it off in 99 and again in 2004 and never relaxed again. I just it cut UP TO the waist in June. I can't handle more than that and the longer it got the harder it was to style. Now I just wash, condition, detangle. blowout, and pin it up. Still 6 hours of work but during the week I don't have to do anything else but tie it down. The best times were when my hair was around my shoulders. I had more options and time back time then.

Good Lucksmiley

2 Likes

Re: Natural Hair by Meddler(f): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2012
Denise216:

I couldn't find anything wrong with your initial post and we can assume that most readers got the gist. You're a class-act too, taking the critiques in stride and staying a lady-I admire that. Good Luck finding people with natural hair in common and quiet as its kept, a Nigerian Natural Hair Expo, if planned carefully and in enough advance, would be HUGE ($$$). You seem to have a level head, I say make it happen.

I don't have a ceremonial story or anything. I cut it off in 99 and again in 2004 and never relaxed again. I just it cut UP TO the waist in June. I can't handle more than that and the longer it got the harder it was to style. Now I just wash, condition, detangle. blowout, and pin it up. Still 6 hours of work but during the week I don't have to do anything else but tie it down. The best times were when my hair was around my shoulders. I had more options and time back time then.

Good Lucksmiley

Thank you Denise. I'm actually aiming for bra length. But knowing my laziness towards my hair, I might end up sticking with all that hair for a few months hahahaha.
You are right a natural hair expo in Abuja would do well. I got my idea wheels spinning. It would really be an avenue for other newly naturals or those hoping to start the journey get support and ideas.

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair by wizb: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2012
@meddler, I stay in abuja and I just decided to go natural. Last time I relaxed my hair was April. My natural hair is about two inches now and I'm really finding it difficult to comb. I just started to deep condition and I'm hoping it would help my hair. Please let me know where you get your hair products in Abuja. Thanks.
Re: Natural Hair by Meddler(f): 6:51am On Sep 20, 2012
wizb: @meddler, I stay in abuja and I just decided to go natural. Last time I relaxed my hair was April. My natural hair is about two inches now and I'm really finding it difficult to comb. I just started to deep condition and I'm hoping it would help my hair. Please let me know where you get your hair products in Abuja. Thanks.

I use just any regular shampoo for my hair. My staple conditioner, I got from the United stated so far haven't found it in naija. For moisturizing, I use my shea butter mix (shea butter, coconut oil, argan oil and castor oil). Off course you can make ur own shea butter mix with any oil you have available- coconut oil, olive oil or castor oil. It gets my hair very soft. I get my shea from the market close to my house. You can visit any of the market for shea butter and the rest of d ingredients. Hope that helps.
Re: Natural Hair by indianhair(m): 1:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
looking for wholesalers or women with potential to sell indian natural hair extensions.we are manufacturers and exporters based in India wanting to sell in nigeria.we are supplying to europe presently kindly contact us on naturalindianhair@gmail.com www.naturalindianhairs.com mob:00919999970713
Re: Natural Hair by NaturalNigerian(f): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
For those who live in Lagos State and environs, you are all invited to a natural hair meet up. Our focus isn't just natural hair but a natural and healthier lifestyle. More information here: http://naturalnigerian.com/category/meet-up/. There is also something soon for the Abuja residents.
wizb: @meddler, I stay in abuja and I just decided to go natural. Last time I relaxed my hair was April. My natural hair is about two inches now and I'm really finding it difficult to comb. I just started to deep condition and I'm hoping it would help my hair. Please let me know where you get your hair products in Abuja. Thanks.

Re: Natural Hair by nagoma(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
phyl123:

Hair is not hair, there is nothing better than your own hair, be it relaxed, coloured etc the problem with most african women is that they do not have confidence in their own hair. I have seen some nigerian women with lovely hair, but feel better wearing a wig or weave even if it looks worst on them than their natural hair.

It's your own hair , if you bought it with your money or your credit card. How do you define ownership?
Re: Natural Hair by Denise216(f): 1:00am On Nov 12, 2012
nagoma:

It's your own hair , if you bought it with your money or your credit card. How do you define ownership?

No need for semantics. The hair that grows from your scalp is a better than the alternative. So for the sake of the discussion ownership implies grown by you.
Re: Natural Hair by kandiikane(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2012
nagoma:

cheesy cheesy

Thank you! I bought it so it's technically my hair. Same way, I can buy a goat from someone and claim ownership. tongue
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Stop Purchasing Synthetic Hair Biitch! tongue
Re: Natural Hair by kandiikane(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
^shut da phuck up!

If you're messing with girls who purchase horse hair for weave, know that kandii isn't one of those girls.

I purchase hair from a china woman's head, b!tch! tongue
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 12, 2012
kandiikane: ^shut da phuck up!

If you're messing with girls who purchase horse hair for weave, know that kandii isn't one of those girls.

Oh yea huh.
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
So what's your new alt account on this forum.

I know you must have a new one.
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
Probably running around pretending to be some Nigerian girl, or maybe even a Wolof Lady

.....lol
Re: Natural Hair by Meddler(f): 7:29am On Nov 13, 2012
NaturalNigerian: For those who live in Lagos State and environs, you are all invited to a natural hair meet up. Our focus isn't just natural hair but a natural and healthier lifestyle. More information here: http://naturalnigerian.com/category/meet-up/. There is also something soon for the Abuja residents.
Good job guys. Looking forward to meeting fellow natural heads!
Re: Natural Hair by kandiikane(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2012
~Royal~:
Probably running around pretending to be some Nigerian girl, or maybe even a Wolof Lady

.....lol

Lol, come on! You always know my alt acc. I always mess up at some point. I'm just too busy.
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 13, 2012

Why don't you purchase hair from an Ashanti Woman's Head instead of a China Woman's tongue

Why is This Garbage....

Better than this Beautiful Sexcciiness Below.

#ImJussSayin

Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2012
kiss
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
Viewing this topic: ~Royal~ and 1 guest(s)

The Ghana Queen's Hair is more beautiful Right Mr. Guest?

I agree too.

Ghana Hair>China Hair

Malcolm X died from embarrassment to be associated with this Ignorant Race of People...lol

Those Bullet Shots in Harlem were filled with Hair from a China Woman's Head cheesy
Re: Natural Hair by kandiikane(m): 1:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
Royal, if I ask that ghana woman to shave her hair so I can buy it, she won't do it. So, you see my dilemma?

You've got hair, if I say I want to make weave with yours, you'll probably give me a dirty slap.

Anyway, if anyone want to buy black hair, I shave off mine every year so please let me know. cheesy
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2012
kandiikane: Royal, if I ask that ghana woman to shave her hair so I can buy it, she won't do it. So, you see my dilemma?

You've got hair, if I say I want to make weave with yours, you'll probably give me a dirty slap.

Anyway, if anyone want to buy black hair, I shave off mine every year so please let me know. cheesy

Tranny Hair is Pretty Pricey Though

Coming out of Drag is not Shaving your Hair Mamii,~ Niqqah, You just took off ya Wig after your Drag Performances are Over...

I know how you SeneGambian Mamis Are... tongue

Ill Sell you some of my Hair. It's far thicker than the Fulani or Somali.

Made in North America. wink
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
Blah, everytime i am around you...The Endless Typos.

Something about the SeneGambian.

cheesy
Re: Natural Hair by kandiikane(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
^lol

Please!! Naturally, my hair is thicker than yours, b!tch!
Re: Natural Hair by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
kandiikane: ^lol

Please!! Naturally, my hair is thicker than yours, b!tch!

Rubbish.

And stop comparing your hair to a male's...Women are not suppose to do that weird bullshit.

..oh that's right..I forgot......

tongue
Re: Natural Hair by Denise216(f): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2012

I have to keep it as we say "100", buying hair isn't something to brag about. Caring for you own (growing) hair properly retains length. Wearing your own hair naturally also lends to the assumption of good hygiene (weekly cleansing of product build up and debris, a pleasant scent, relative sheen, etc.) I'm not calling you unclean NOT AT ALL. But the care of purchased hair is different from the care of growing hair and very different from natural hair. Less washing, heat applications give a burnt hair smell, conflicting textures, and dullness from product build up, plus products attract debris and trap smells in the hair. Wigs are better but there is the unnatural density, shine, and length. You'll look like you're wearing a wig.

Yes, I am purposely trying to turn you off of adding hair to your head grin. Natural Hair isn't a cult but the more the merrier. How about a little hair p-o-r-n?These are African Women by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBD2NGnYRWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJf70Gv_PAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2FwNQ4zB-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBJWlwf7Z4g&list=UUdP5sfmaASghh-7Jg2OPQgg&index=3&feature=plcp

Some African Women talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYhBXZ9cwRc
Re: Natural Hair by Denise216(f): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2012
^^^^^
I wanted to show African women so no one can make any excuses. Cancer survivors and people with conditions are except from my Natural Hair guilt trip. Now for AA women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xetgZhwPyD4&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz0xvC08bY8&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0JV0YDztOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJfjTrTx6VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUt4F2bFOJ4

1 Like

Re: Natural Hair by kandiikane(m): 8:15am On Nov 14, 2012
^forget that jor!

I keep my hair natural but I'm not one to keep to one hairstyle every month. It's great you're advocating wearing natural hair but it still won't put me off buying hair.

@royal, it's not rubbish. It's the honest genuine truth. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Reigning In Nigeria Now? What's In Vogue? / Nene Alegimenlen Wins Miss Ambassador For Peace Nigeria 2018 / Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.