Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

Which Other African Attire Do You Like? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Other African Attire Do You Like? (36330 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater: To that quarter to die Shymmex, calling on Yoruba people to unite, I laugh in Congolese grin. After that Ife-Modakeke crisis, you think Yoruba people wont kill themselves. Expert tribalists in your community would have probably massacred you baby tribalist and use your head to play football before unification talks start. Lmao.

Chimpnoid - worry about Ngwa vs Igbos, fake igbos vs real igbos, anambra vs other igbos - before busting the veins in your neck about Yoruba people...

And have you guys started allowing the outcasts into your communities, huh?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Now claim madame Tinubu isn't Yoruba...

You've been exposed, stfu - and go play in traffic..
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Adds milk to tea. . . .sips.

Ahhh thatz better.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Too sad...every topic is an excuse to tribalism...very sad for the image of Nigeria and Africa
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Fool, history 101 - Lagos Island used to be the capital of Nigeria - proper Lagos was under the Western Region... Ijebu merchants, Egba academics, slave returnees, and the old western region built Lagos... And Lagos has been thriving way before there was a country called; Nigeria... Go check your history books!!!

You think I give a fvck about tribe, huh I'm a realist and I give what I get - and I could care less about your feelings... undecided

I asked a simple content question BASED on a video - but you turned it into a [b]tribal [/b]fight...

You don't give a hoot about tribe and you logged in with different IDs in blind defence of your people even if it is justified and unjustified at the detriment of other tribes? grin People like you should be shot at firing squad.
What a loser.
I've had enough of superflous comments that people of your ilk vomit again and again.
In a bid to let things slide, I've allowed idio,ts like yourself to enjoy in your absurd stu.pidity.
But no more.
It is stillwater versus every other demonic influences you and your ilk exhibit.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Chimpnoid - worry about Ngwa vs Igbos, fake igbos vs real igbos, anambra vs other igbos - before busting the veins in your neck about Yoruba people...

And have you guys started allowing the outcasts into your communities, huh?

Yup all Nigerian groups are like that. That is why I am anti every tom, dic,k and harry, that thinks having an Igbo nation, Biafra rubbish or Yoruba nation would stop you people from killing yourselves. Ode, he didn't even get the message. He jumped on it like a dog would hump it's bi.tch. Bloody ghetto miscreant.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nayah: Too sad...every topic is an excuse to tribalism...very sad for the image of Nigeria and Africa

So sad, my dear.
But its needed, ppl need to know.

@edicolove
Ask me your question again after you've asked for my forgiveness for yesterday. Postrate too.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So sad, my dear.

@edicolove
Ask me your question again after you've asked for my forgiveness for yesterday. Postrate too.
I don't think this the real image of Nigeria, or else....
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
Headties African women have been tying from time immemorial.
[size=14pt]Queen Amina of Zaria must have stolen Madam Tinubu's headscarf. Maybe they were fighting for who to be the Iyale of the house. grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:
You don't give a hoot about tribe and you logged in with different IDs in blind defence of your people even if it is justified and unjustified at the detriment of other tribes? grin People like you should be shot at firing squad.
What a loser.
I've had enough of superflous comments that people of your ilk vomit again and again.
In a bid to let things slide, I've allowed idio,ts like yourself to enjoy in your absurd stu.pidity.
But no more.
It is stillwater versus every other demonic influences you and your ilk exhibit.

So, you're changing the topic now, huh? Talk about a pathetic loser!! You should've answered the question, and kept it moving - and just like every single person from your tribe on this forum, you turned it into a superiority contest btw Igbos and Yoruba...

You and I know there's no competition between the two tribes culturally - Yoruba culture is far superior to your culture and it has been for eons, so why do you guys always make something out of nothing, and cry foul all the time?

I'm too classy for 'superflous' comments - I set the records straight, and call it how I see it... I'm the same guy who has been in disagreements with people people from other Yoruba subgroups for making stupid comments... I'm a realist, and I give credit where it's due...

I'm also the same guy who would tell you and make threads about civilizations around west Africa that were greater than the Yoruba civilization - and give credits to Benin and Hausa people for their cultural achievements...

I'm not as myopic as you and your ilks - who like to get braggart because of your inbred inferiority complex and inferior culture..
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nayah:
I don't think this the real image of Nigeria, or else....

If we take away the pretense and actually educate people, Nl will be the exact image of Nigeria lol.

Nigeria is just a geographical boundary with different ethnicities forced to live together.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So sad, my dear.

@edicolove

See the unrepentant fo.ol who can't make a single comment without mentioning Igbo or Yoruba? All of a sudden she's now a tribal virgin? Wonders shall never cease! I'm ready to deal with all of you who make subliminal and blatant and degrading comments about any tribe on here again in your life. You can try it!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:
Yup all Nigerian groups are like that. That is why I am anti every tom, dic,k and harry, that thinks having an Igbo nation, Biafra rubbish or Yoruba nation would stop you people from killing yourselves. Ode, he didn't even get the message. He jumped on it like a dog would hump it's bi.tch. Bloody ghetto miscreant.

Ghetto miscreant is far superior to a forest dwelling village chimp... grin

I'd claim the ghetto that raised me every single time scroungers like yourself mention it - but can you testify with your village, huh? Can you accept that you're a forest dwelling chimp

I'm a realist, and I'm proud of everything that contributed to what I'm today - the good, bad, and ugly - and I wear it on my sleeve everyday with pride...

Can you do the same?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 10:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If we take away the pretense and actually educate people, Nl will be the exact image of Nigeria lol.

Nigeria is just a geographical boundary with different ethnicities forced to live together.
At that point?? I truly think people can live together if they're educated in this way...in my country we are about 280 ethnic groups living together, this is not the perfection but we all recognize ourselves from the same place because our first President has tought this to us
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nayah:
At that point?? I truly think people can live together if they're educated in this way...in my country we are about 280 ethnic groups living together, this is not the perfection but we all recognize ourselves from the same place because our first President has tought this to us

Do your people want to live together?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lol meeeeoooowwww grin
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by anonymous6(f): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

Even the name 'gele' sounds Yoruba, and I've seen pictures of 17th century Yoruba women wearing it... Edo women wear beads on their heads - and Igbo women NEVER used to wear head tie back in the day - they probably started wearing it after the white people came...

Just ignore the tribalists who like claiming everything as their own.. undecided undecided

I am late in this discussion right now but to answer your question the word "Gele" is yoruba: http://www.namywedding.com/articles/14-how-to-tie-the-gele-the-back-to-front-method

However from another thread I have heard that each tribe has their own word for the headtie but Gele is the most popular word used to identify it
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nayah

It isn't even about that, these people are just naturally like that... Go check my earlier posts, I never used to get involved in crap rivalries like this - but it's going to get to a point where you need to call certain people out for their hatred, half-truths, innuendos, and pathetic lies...

These people lie about everything!!

She said gele was a southern Nigerian thing yesterday - now she has back-peddled, and she's now bringing Queen Amina who's a Northerner into the discourse... They are all the same... Pathetic losers!!!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Do your people want to live together?
lol they're already together and yes they want to stay as one
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
anonymous6:
I am late in this discussion right now but to answer your question the word "Gele" is yoruba: http://www.namywedding.com/articles/14-how-to-tie-the-gele-the-back-to-front-method

However from another thread I have heard that each tribe has their own word for the headtie but Gele is the most popular word used to identify it

Thanks babes. grin
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 10:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex: Nayah

It isn't even about that, these people are just naturally like that... Go check my earlier posts, I never used to get involved in crap rivalries like this - but it's going to get to a point where you need to call certain people out for their hatred, half-truths, innuendos, and pathetic lies...

These people lie about everything!!

She said gele was a southern Nigerian thing yesterday - now she has back-peddled, and she's now bringing Queen Amina who's a Northerner into the discourse... They are all the same... Pathetic losers!!!

Who? Nigerians? Yorubas?
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
People come on NL to seek education about their culture, but how are they going to learn when you guys peddle half-truths, hatred, and lies..

When I first came here, all I used to see was how Yoruba people are dirty, cowards etc...

Pathetic losers!!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nayah:
lol they're already together and yes they want to stay as one

Diff between Cam and NIG lol.

Nigerians should learn to give credit where its due. grin
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

So, you're changing the topic now, huh? Talk about a pathetic loser!! You should've answered the question, and kept it moving - and just like every single person from your tribe on this forum, you turned it into a superiority contest btw Igbos and Yoruba...

You and I know there's no competition between the two tribes culturally - Yoruba culture is far superior to your culture and it has been for eons, so why do you guys always make something out of nothing, and cry foul all the time?

I've too classy for 'superflous' comments - I set the records straight, and call it how I see it... I'm the same guy who has been in disagreements with people people from other Yoruba subgroups for making stupid comments... I'm a realist, and I give credit where it's due...

I'm also the same guy who would tell you and make threads about civilizations around west Africa that were greater than the Yoruba civilization - and give credits to Benin and Hausa people for their cultural achievements...

I'm not as myopic as you and your ilks - who like to get braggart because of your inbred inferiority complex and inferior culture..

Blo.ody hell!!! Who gives a hoot about Superiority. Lollll, I'm way above your league. You can be superior, grin as if that changes my fine face. grin
How does that make you different from fellow Nigerians? Beating your chest like King Kong of Ogbomosho.
You see how your tribalism shines through, I can never call any tribe inferior. I have more respect for yoruba people than you virus. I deal with individuals like yourself that can't defend your tribes with insulting other tribes. You and Ileke idi give yoruba people a bad name, and denigrate the accommodating nature of the Yoruba people I know and have lived with.
To that I say no more, I'm unto your case like never before.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by anonymous6(f): 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
I feel Nigerians tend to have a "360 effect", when Nigerians need to come together they will when it comes to passing a law against gays or coming together for the olypics, world cup and etc but when it comes to beauty contest, attire, and etc that is when you see this nonsense.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
anonymous6:

We're not discussing the name. They can call it okra for all I care lol

The fact that the word gele is popular tells a lot
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nayah:
Who? Nigerians? Yorubas?

IGBO PEOPLE!!!!!

They claim they're the greatest ever, they built Lagos, without them there's no Nigeria etc... Thank God for the internet and history books - they don't even control anything in the damn country...

Lagos was built by Yoruba people before there was Nigeria!!!

All the biggest corporations in Nigeria are owned by Yoruba people and Edo/Delta people!!!

The big merchants in Nigeria are still; Ijebu people and Hausa people...

Just because they own many useless businesses everywhere - they spam everywhere with lies and stupidity..

Pathetic losers!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by anonymous6(f): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

We're not discussing the name. They can call it okra for all I care lol

The fact that the word gele is popular tells a lot

oh understood
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nayah(f): 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex:

IGBO PEOPLE!!!!!

They claim they're the greatest ever, they built Lagos, without them there's no Nigeria etc... Thank God for the internet and history books - they don't even control anything in the damn country...

Lagos was built by Yoruba people before there was Nigeria!!!

All the biggest corporations in Nigeria are owned by Yoruba people and Edo/Delta people!!!

The big merchants in Nigeria are still; Ijebu people and Hausa people...

Just because they own many useless some businesses everywhere - they spam everywhere with lies and stupidity..

Pathetic losers!!
Wow..;dear take it easy please after all this is about Nigeria...not Igboland!

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
shymmex: People come on NL to seek education about their culture, but how are they going to learn when you guys peddle half-truths, hatred, and lies..

When I first came here, all I used to see was how Yoruba people are dirty, cowards etc...

Pathetic losers!!

Same way your own ilk have peddled lies against other tribes. You guys are now acting innocent. Lmao It's getting hot in here. Igbo people have been called names, in fact I even heard Igbo girls look manly? grin Lmao! Have you ever seen me denigrate another tribe in a bid to defend mine? I've been on NL longer than you and I've heard the worst of my tribe, have you ever seen me engage in stupid tribal discussion upon the half truth you i'diots parade all the time.

That period of my NL life span has ended, every subliminal/blatant tribalist must be dealt with.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:
Blo.ody hell!!! Who gives a hoot about Superiority. Lollll, I'm way above your league. You can be superior, grin as if that changes my fine face. grin
How does that make you different from fellow Nigerians? Beating your chest like King Kong of Ogbomosho.
You see how your tribalism shines through, I can never call any tribe inferior. I have more respect for yoruba people than you virus. I deal with individuals like yourself that can't defend your tribes with insulting other tribes. You and Ileke idi give yoruba people a bad name, and denigrate the accommodating nature of the Yoruba people I know and have lived with.
To that I say no more, I'm unto your case like never before.

You're only above my league in your igbotic dream - I can't even see you because you're beneath me, and you won't get to my level even if you attach yourself to a NASA space rocket...

And I could care less about how you define 'Tribalism' - and if 'Tribalism' is about my inborn Yoruba consciousness, then, I'm a proud tribalist...

You're late, I've been on the case of you and your ilks since, May 2012, get with the flow... I'm here to expose frauds and half-truths...

Pathetic loser!!!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
So which group started the ankle beads? grin

History lesson yo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Visits Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Col. Stephen Honest Is Dead! Bachama Kingdom Monarch Dies (photo) / Photos From 2021 Osun Osogbo Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.