Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned (2984 Views)

EFCC Director, Senior Operatives Arrested For Leaking Information To Bloggers / Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" / Buhari Fires CSO For ‘Leaking’ Itinerary To Diezani - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by dtemidare: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2012
The Ondo State Head of Service, Mr. Ajose Kudehinbu, yesterday warned all civil servants in the state to stop disclosing government secrets. Kudehinbu, who gave the warning at a news conference to kick start this year’s Public Service Week, said some politicians in the state have deployed means of using civil servants to leak public documents.

“I am sending out this warning to all civil servants in the state. Stop giving out official documents in your custody to politicians. It is unprofessional and unconstitutional,” he said.

On the recent solidarity rally embarked upon by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) on behalf of Governor Olusegun Mimiko, Kudehinbu described it as the constitutional right of the union.

“It is constitutional right of civil servants to support any good government in the country, but they must not be bias in doing so”, he said.

He commended the present government for increasing workers salaries, saying, “workers in Ondo State have in the past been short-changed. But, when Dr. Olusegun Mimiko’s administration came, he reviewed the salary of workers by increasing it to N22,000 monthly”.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/173464-stop-leaking-public-information-ondo-workers-warned
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Kobojunkie: 9:32am On Aug 03, 2012
What if they do not believe that his is a good government? Do they then have the constitutional right to divulge information about that Government? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by dtemidare: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2012
what we don't seem to understand is that, we have allowed ourselves to used by elements who are not friendly to our government in other to bring it down. its starts by espionage, stealing of government documents, unexplained disappearance of documents. they are all the same thing. some unscrupulous elements in that state have resorted to sealing and then selling government documents to strangers and even to foreigners. it is wrong! it is a treasonable offence which purnishable under the law.

I Pray that the law catches up with them.

As good citizens we are not expected to be told to report cases of this nature to security and law enforcement agencies. I am not telling us to do this rather am saying that its binding on us as citizens of Nigeria by the 1999 constitution.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by dtemidare: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2012
Kobojunkie: What if they do not believe that his is a good government? Do they then have the constitutional right to divulge information about that Government? undecided undecided undecided

What if they do not believe that his is a good government?

see my friend all these are actions geared towards running the GOVERNMENT DOWN. it is as simple as that. but we should not let them do that because tomorrow it could be your father or your uncle who will be at the seat of power what them will you do?
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Kobojunkie: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2012
dtemidare:

What if they do not believe that his is a good government?

see my friend all these are actions geared towards running the GOVERNMENT DOWN. it is as simple as that. but we should not let them do that because tomorrow it could be your father or your uncle who will be at the seat of power what them will you do?

So what if they are actions geared towards running the Government down. if the Government is bad, I believe it should be. Enough of the BS.. . I am not for any Governor or politician so I do care who is being brought down.

OH!! So you mean if your father of Uncle is at the seat of power, either of them should not be brought down if not doing good work? LOL . . . . Abegi!!
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by dtemidare: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So what if they are actions geared towards running the Government down. if the Government is bad, I believe it should be. Enough of the BS.. . I am not for any Governor or politician so I do care who is being brought down.

OH!! So you mean if your father of Uncle is at the seat of power, either of them should not be brought down if not doing good work? LOL . . . . Abegi!!

There are legitimate means of voting out any public officer from office not by by stealing Government DOC.

let me ask you would you prefare solving a crime by commiting another?

1 Like

Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by idowuswap: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2012
Na useless hausa e go be
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Okijajuju1(m): 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
The day government starts hiding Information from the people, thats the day corruption and bad governance starts..

The Government belongs to the people and should have no secrets (except its of a technological nature that they intend to pattent or that gives them favor in military terms over rivals)..
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
dtemidare:

There are legitimate means of voting out any public officer from office not by by stealing Government DOC.

Sure, you can choose to wait till the next election OR you make public whatever ills the Governor is hiding and see if you can cause the people to demand an impeachment right away.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by seankay(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
If d goverment is clean,kudehinbu wudnt have z dat trash! D corrupt gov nd aides are getting scared,october s almst here.is akure d only town in ondo or beautificatn can put food on my table,same goes to his flower planting bro,d vc of my skul.Mimiko shud jst pay d gratuities of last year retirees including my pops,it is a year 2dae.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by seankay(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
If d goverment is clean,kudehinbu wudnt have z dat trash! D corrupt gov nd aides are getting scared,october s almst here.is akure d only town in ondo or beautificatn can put food on my table,same goes to his flower planting bro,d vc of my skul.Mimiko shud jst pay d gratuities of last year retirees including my pops,it is a year 2dae.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by seankay(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by seankay(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
If d goverment is clean,kudehinbu wudnt have z dat trash! D corrupt gov nd aides are getting scared,october s almst here.is akure d only town in ondo or beautificatn can put food on my table,same goes to his flower planting bro,d vc of my skul.Mimiko shud jst pay d gratuities of last year retirees including my pops,it is a year 2dae
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Abbycite(m): 5:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
I wonder what happen to FOI Bill that was passed into law....come on, govt infor is for d people unless it is classified (which can affect d security of d state)
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by vemmawealth(f): 5:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
dtemidare:

Å

Ask your oga- Mimiko- what he's trying to hide. He's a criminal and that's why he's afraid. He's celebrating water fountain and events hall as achievement after he has over spent d budget. He's going to end up in jail with his Assembly collaborator who rubber stamped his extra budgetary spending. You are one of his apologist obviously. Tell him his days are numbered.

Awon ole. Jegudu jera

2 Likes

Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
Thats treason,even if the government is stealing,they have no right to sell the documents nau?
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by gbadexy(m): 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
If good information about the commendable performance of the government is leaked, there is noting bad in it.
But when wary of information being leaked means the government is doing something that they wouldn't want the public to know about.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
gbadexy: If good information about the commendable performance of the government is leaked, there is noting bad in it.
But when wary of information being leaked means the government is doing something that they wouldn't want the public to know about.
Abi oo!!
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
Temistatics 007: Thats treason,even if the government is stealing,they have no right to sell the documents nau?

No one is saying sell it . . . I am saying if you see Government doing wrong, it is really our responsibility as citizens to reveal the truth. Now in what way you do it depends on you. leaking classified information is criminal but I think not all leaks fall under that classification.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by ballabriggs: 12:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Confidentiality is a guiding principle of professionalism and one would expect civil servants to also adhere to such professional standards. Seeing official documents flying all over the newspapers or the internet is appalling as it shows the flaws in the system.

That said, I think it is important to make channels for whistle-blowing and the protection of whistle-blowers in the civil service. This would ensure a level of protection for official documents.

This practice of running to the public to disclose official information is very crude and must be discouraged. It would be more appropriate to make formal channels for disclosure of information.
Re: Stop Leaking Govt Information: Ondo Workers Warned by Murphy7h4: 1:24am On Aug 04, 2012
Well down

(1) (Reply)

GEJ is Struggling To Develop Nigeria; Which leaders Under-developed Nigeria? / List Of 18 Governorship Seat Won By APC So Far / Girl Dies After Being Electrocuted By Power Bank In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.