Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! (10448 Views)

Jonathan Will Win Saturday’s Presidential Election With Big Margin- Nuhu Ribadu / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos / Nenadi Accused Of Trying To Buy Re-election With Exotic Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by olivertwist: 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Chai! 'See how some people dey reason'. What's the point?Okay,let's assume Dangote actually gave Oshiomhole N900M towards the election. So, can we conclude that, he bought the whole of Edo state(an oil producing state) with a mere N900M?

Everybody wants to associate with Oshiomhole.'Who no want better thing'? I laugh at Dangote sponsors him,OBJ visited,GEJ visited, IBB visited, NOI visited, even Abacha visited.
So Edo is now Nigeria's Mecca. LOL

1 Like

Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Tadup: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Basic: Dangote's support notwithstanding, Oshiomhole would still have won convincingly. It's like saying "Dangote donated N1 billion for the sun to shine". Whether he donates or not, will the sun not shine? Next thread please...
ha ha ha ha ha. Political Aboki
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
I don't doubt this rumor cos Oshiomole assisted Dangote in getting the massive land he's using in building d largest fertilizer compnay in oshiomole's home town, Auchi. I'll say he's only returning a favor. Nothing like Oshiomole being a PDP person.

Ok....for all the goats saying he is a PDP person, does that mean Tinubu is a PDP person? After all, Tinubu supported Jonathan for 2011 election, Jonathan visited him in his Ikoyi residence. Does dat make Tinubu a PDP man? tongue
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Rhino5dm: 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
May be? undecided is Dangote not building a fertilizer company in Edo state?
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Leobert(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
;Da businessman is always a businessman, expect more frm dangote thats what dat cash meant. No dulling.a businessman is always a businessman, expect more frm dangote thats what dat cash meant. No dulling.a businessman is always a businessman, expect more frm dangote thats what dat cash meant. No dulling.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by MMM2(m): 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Make I ask dangote undecided
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by asemota2012: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
The people of Edo state were tired of underdevelopment and has said they will not be fulled anymore,they have taken their destiny into their hands.therefore,donations from whoever or not is never what brought Oshomhole into power,his victory was determined by the people of Edo state, the success story/the job Oshohmole has done is what has spoken for itself,it is clear and obvious for everyone to see, if you doubt what I am saying today,watch out and see if the people will not rise up to decide their faith against who ever may want to manipulate or distract the governor who is bent on doing the right job.
'You can full some people sometimes but you can not full all the people all the time (Bob Marley).
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by inereunwa1(m): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
On a serious note OSHIOBABA has money on his own, afterall didn't he won the first election!!
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by ID69: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
Its allowed. Nobody has committed a sin by that.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by chreldb(m): 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
Personally I think that money was given to Oshobaba for some other reason than election campaign. Dangote obviously has plans of investments in Edo state and he needs favourable governmental policies in the state. So instead of outrightly bribing the governor he contributed to his campaign a week to elections. First of all Oshiomole did not need Dangote's campaign money to win the election, secondly what could Oshiomole have done with all that money in just a week to elections. There's more that lies beneath what the eyes can see. That's if the rumor is true anyways.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Reference(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
Is it the same Dangote that has been vilified by sections of this forum or is it another Dangote. Haba, Nigerians stand for something for once. Is his contributions to campaign piggy banks good or not, self serving or not, exploitative or not, monopolistic or not. Does it affect the outcome of elections or not. Is he now a good boy and are his anti-subsidy and Ibeto manic sins forgiven. C'mon.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by ifeci: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
ultimatetboy: A
man had only one
daughter.
When
the daughter was
of marriage age,
the father sent
news around town
that all d eligible young men
should come to compete
in a test which
would determine who was fit to
marry his daughter. On dat set
day,
all d able-bodied young men
came
out. Some came with paper and
biro and others with cutlasses
and
swords.
The rich man took them to his
swimming pool
and addressed the men: â
€œAny
of
you
who can swim from one end of
this swimming pool to the other
would marry my daughter. In
addition, I‘ll give him 15
million
dollars, a car and a house so
they
can start life well. I shall b
waiting
to meet my son-in-law at d other
side. Good luck!�
As d young men, all very excited
at
the prospect of winning, started
taking off their shirts, a
helicopter
came over the pool
and dropped
snakes and crocodiles into the
pool. Immediately, all d men
turned
back and started wearing their
shirts again.Disappointed, some
of
them said,
''Thats crazy,.lets who can marry
that girl ,no one will'.
All of a sudden,
they heard a splash in the pool.
Everybody watched in
amazement
as one gentleman struggled his
way
across, avoiding the snakes and
crocodiles. Finally, he made it to
the
other side. The rich
man could not believe it. He
asked
d young man to name anything
he
wanted but the
man was still panting
uncontrollably.
Finally, he got himself and made
a
request saying, ''SHOW ME THE
PERSON WHO
PUSHED ME INSIDE THIS POOL!''
Moral: You don’t know what
you
are
capable of doing, until you are
PUSHED!!. You can still make the
most
out of the rest of the YEAR.
Sometimes it takes going
through
the
bad moments to bring out d
BEST
in us. Trials are raw materials for
Triumphant Testimonies... The
push might take different
dimensions:
some people needed to be
sacked
before realizing their
potentials and reaching their
goals
in life.
I PRAY SOMEONE OR SOMETHING
WILL
PUSH U INTO A GREATER HEIGHT
TODAY..
Pls help me
Like this facebook page
http://facebook.com/ultimatetians

Ok, even though ur post is off topic, me like the story sha. its inspiring
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Mekanze: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Weather ACN, OR PDP they are d same , am not 4rm Edo state but i just came back 4rm Esan southeast Local gov area ,there is no sign of development over there everyting jos like dere is no government on ground, even there NYSC camp is nothin 2 write about becos is still modu block.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote is not a philantropist o,but if true he's a wise man,investors like a friendly environment.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by honour6(m): 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote attended Oshiomole's fund raising ceremony in which the money was donated. As its xteristic of dangote, he does not annouce any amount he donates at public events... As its xte teristic of any shrewed business man dangote is studying political climate and knows that oshiomole will be a force to be reconed with during the 2015 presidential election.
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by dapachez: 12:00am On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

So, Oshiomhole is really a PDP man, bruv.
Obj visited him secretly, Dangote sponsored him, Oshiomhole is one of GEJ's staunchest supporters and friends... Do the math.
if obasanjo visited him privately how come pressmen where outside government house benin to interview Obj though he declined. What is secret about what we all know. Let me go look up the meaning of secret in the dictionary
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by dapachez: 12:03am On Aug 04, 2012
Mekanze: Weather ACN, OR PDP they are d same , am not 4rm Edo state but i just came back 4rm Esan southeast Local gov area ,there is no sign of development over there everyting jos like dere is no government on ground, even there NYSC camp is nothin 2 write about becos is still modu block.
nysc camp in esan southeast?
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by dapachez: 12:05am On Aug 04, 2012
chreld_b: Personally I think that money was given to Oshobaba for some other reason than election campaign. Dangote obviously has plans of investments in Edo state and he needs favourable governmental policies in the state. So instead of outrightly bribing the governor he contributed to his campaign a week to elections. First of all Oshiomole did not need Dangote's campaign money to win the election, secondly what could Oshiomole have done with all that money in just a week to elections. There's more that lies beneath what the eyes can see. That's if the rumor is true anyways.
Gbam you are so on point
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by ektbear: 12:53am On Aug 04, 2012
Basic: Dangote's support notwithstanding, Oshiomhole would still have won convincingly. It's like saying "Dangote donated N1 billion for the sun to shine". Whether he donates or not, will the sun not shine? Next thread please...

grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re-Election With N900M! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:27am On Aug 04, 2012
Babasessy: Revealed!
Dangote Supported Oshiomhole's Re Election With N900m!

Information filtering just revealed one of the major backers of the successful re election bid of Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole.

The individual is business giant- Alhaji Aliko Dangote.

Informants claimed the Chairman of Dangote group supported the relected state helmsman with all of N900m for the just concluded exercise.

If the story is actually true, this the way I see it: Dangote already knew that Oshiomole would emerge winner. There is an investment in Edo which he wishes to expand aggressively. So he donates that money (of course given the amount, he'd want it done secretely). Money is "donated" under the guise of supporting the re-election, but is actually to endear him to Oshiomole. Oshiomole wins and Dangote eventually approaches him with his own business expansion proposal which Osho can't refuse. That money'll also ensure that Dangote remains Osho's best friend for a loooong while. So it's more businesses and concessions for Dangote.

I believe this has nothing to do with any ACN/PDP story. It's pure business relationship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Adjusts 2019 Elections Budget To N143bn / Subsidy Removal: Jonathan & Back-Stabbing Governors / Video Of President Buhari Visit To Benue Over The Recent Killings In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.