Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,973 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

ABS And TRAC Lights Blinks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS And TRAC Lights Blinks (1357 Views)

Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" / What Causes Trac Off Light To Come On? / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ABS And TRAC Lights Blinks by yanmata(m): 9:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Hello auto gurus in the house. I have a toyota avalon 1997 model and just yesday had its rear shocks replaced by my mech. Beause am auto tech knowledgeable, i made sure he carried out the exact loosening n tightening of every bolt he looses.

The old shocks where removed with care and 'tokumbo' replaced immeditly. The ABS sensor wire was never touched during the process. but as soon as i drive the car i noticed the ABS light on the dash board comes on permanent. The TRAC lights too keeps blinking. I thought it might go off after a while.

Can someone help me resolve this matter as i never had issues with my ABS system. thx
Re: ABS And TRAC Lights Blinks by pek(m): 9:29am On Aug 04, 2012
Scan the car and tell us the codes.
Re: ABS And TRAC Lights Blinks by Lexusgs430: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2012
yanmata: Hello auto gurus in the house. I have a toyota avalon 1997 model and just yesday had its rear shocks replaced by my mech. Beause am auto tech knowledgeable, i made sure he carried out the exact loosening n tightening of every bolt he looses.

The old shocks where removed with care and 'tokumbo' replaced immeditly. The ABS sensor wire was never touched during the process. but as soon as i drive the car i noticed the ABS light on the dash board comes on permanent. The TRAC lights too keeps blinking. I thought it might go off after a while.

Can someone help me resolve this matter as i never had issues with my ABS system. thx

Since you noticed this issue after replacing your cars shocks absorbers, trace your steps back. You are bound to find a loose connection somewhere. (ABS + TRACtion lights are wheels linked)

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be The Beginning Of The END Of 8 Cylinder - V8 **VOLVO Innovation ** / The Importance Of Marketing / How 2 Prepare Ur Car For The Rainy Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.