Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,754 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Honda CRV Owners Forum - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda CRV Owners Forum (27540 Views)

BMW Owners' Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by osuntokun(m): 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
I have used my crv 05 for close to 3 years now. It is a smooth ride, no major issues. But i changed my a/c compressor after a year. In all it is a good car with low fuel consumtion for an suv.
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by mrhello: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hi all. I'm strongly contemplating going for crv 2000 model (toks or naija used). Pls does any1 know its peculiar problem(s).

Pls can I know d market price of some of its sensitive parts: ball joint, shock, a/c compressor, complete engine, etc.

NB. I've only bn used to Toyota camry & never hv used Honda product b4.
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by paix(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
I used the 97 model for 2 yrs and later bought the 05. I had issues with the a/c and the fuel consumption is on the high side compared with the 05.
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by tech80: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hi does anyone know how to get a radio code for my 2008 honda crv without paying . Serial no 17301898 . Thanks
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by kormene: 1:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
paix: I used the 97 model for 2 yrs and later bought the 05. I had issues with the a/c and the fuel consumption is on the high side compared with the 05.

I think its not proper to compare d2 as 05 has bigger stuffs than 97. If not for anything, it weigh more. Hope u no d weight of a car adds to it's fuel consumption.
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by kormene: 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2013
[b][/b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Got a TOKs 02 crv in April '13

Have not gotten any issue and will not by Gods grace. Plz need help

1. Can anyone help with d VIN:Jhlrd78862c043986 report

2. Do I change/flush all the liquids eg gear, ATF, break etc since I don't no when it was last done to avoid damage to d care.

3. A warning SRS light is permanently on in my dash board. Any danger

4. I serviced d car with 1gallon as in 4liter gallon of MOBIL engine oil but my mechanic is insisting I add half or 1liter more but am afraid of over gauging. Should I since it has already gauged to me?
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by kormene: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=Icon4s]. Yes! I also noticed it 4 some 96-01 models. It's a sweet SUV 2 drive in town bt nt d best 4 off-roads.[/quot

Of what use is an SUV if it can't perform off d road?
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by YoungDaddyB: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good day, please I'm considering many cars but I'm settling on crv atlast but I want to know,
How long does the change AC compressor last?
Because the honda crv is plagued with ac issues that keeps recurring, so how long does it last before it experiences "the black death" and total cost of fixing it?

Finally, Did your 2006 crv Sag on the rear side because I see a lot of crv sagging, what causes it?
Sorry for my questions wey plenty, thanks!

goldenval:
Good thread bro,
I need advice from other people here, I am planning to buy this Honda Crv 2006 model next week Thursday, could you tell me if the jeep has any issues or advice how to use it in order to last for me. Take a look at the photo
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by YoungDaddyB: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hydeedante:
its a very good car. I used d 03 which is basically d same. Bought it over a year now all have done is change my oils and its running great. The only issue i heard the car is notorious for is A.C compressor knocks.

Good day, please I'm considering many cars but
I'm settling on crv atlast but I want to know,
Because the honda crv is plagued with ac issues
that keeps recurring, so how long does it last
before it experiences "the black death" and total
cost of fixing it?
Finally, Did your 2006 crv Sag on the rear side
because I see a lot of crv sagging, what causes it?

Also, sorry to the last person I misquoted.

1 Like

Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by bizzle2: 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
YoungDaddyB:

Good day, please I'm considering many cars but
I'm settling on crv atlast but I want to know,
Because the honda crv is plagued with ac issues
that keeps recurring, so how long does it last
before it experiences "the black death" and total
cost of fixing it?
Finally, Did your 2006 crv Sag on the rear side
because I see a lot of crv sagging, what causes it?

Also, sorry to the last person I misquoted.
I'll greatly appreciate answers to these question too.

I'm in the exact same position. After considering several options, I narrowed down to the CR-V (2005/2006) hopefully I'll find a registered 2005 or 2006 model In very good condition , thanks in no small part to Mr gazzuzz who ignited my interest in the ride, and after extensive personal research i was sold on the choice.
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by Macmilla(m): 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
CR-V = Comfortable Runabout Vehicle
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by tolajay: 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2019
Hello,

May I confirm if it’s all the CRVs that are V6.

Are these some that are V4.
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by holina: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
tolajay:
Hello,

May I confirm if it’s all the CRVs that are V6.

Are these some that are V4.
mine is v4
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by tolajay: 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Okay, thanks.

What's been the performance?

holina:

mine is v4
Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by holina: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
tolajay:
Okay, thanks.

What's been the performance?

SUPERB

1 Like

Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by marcus101(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2020
Which of the years is more reliable in CR V? In terms of fuel consumption, and less prone to transmission or engine issues? 1999 model is superb likewise, that I can assure any1

1 Like

Re: Honda CRV Owners Forum by sharpwriter(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2023
SpaceAngel:
I av had one for five years now! It's a strong vehicle but u have to look at the Airconditioner and gear system. I made a mistake of using it on serious off road and the gear packed up which was a fault on my part. Go for it
Did it ever pull out legs during those 5 years?

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV Recalled Due To Dim Brake Lights / Innoson Stops 85% Production Due To PMB's Policies, May Join 2Baba Protest / You’re Going On A Long Journey, Which Of These Suvs Will You Pick And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.