Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,719 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals (20013 Views)

Blessing Okagbare's White Wedding Photos With Hubby, Igho Otegheri / US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon / Ajoke Odumosu Places Last In Women's 400M Hurdles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by kq(m): 7:09am On Aug 05, 2012
i think she probably was scared because i dont understand how she can run sub 11 in all races up to the semifinal even starting out slow in the semifinal race and she ended up runing a 10.93 and she runs in the final and makes 11.01. Maybe she just tapped out.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by brownlord: 7:10am On Aug 05, 2012
Litmus:

No, i don't. Outside of football, We're not taking sports as seriously as we should. Olympics is not over, if we win a medal tomorrow would that mean Nigeria is a Pass state? Sports is something that can improve at any time, it just needs attention. Its poosible that a Nation can be rotten to the core and still perform well in sports competition while another nation could poses qualities that are universally admired and yet perform poorly in competitions.

I think we should resits the temptation of superimposing our political agenda on every aspect of life or we run the risk of missing the point and end up causing more harm than was our intention.

My friend stop talkin trash, no medal for Nigeria, its simple he who fails to plan, plan to fail, no miracle to tht countries that mean bizness r winning medals and u r here preaching and hoping ur useless ntion will join, even. Hang shake we won't get it, nonsence,
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by brownlord: 7:19am On Aug 05, 2012
JideTheBlogger: Many of you will just be talking thrash as if those people at the olympics are not people like you. If you can run, why can't you go there to win the gold for the country? Mtchew**

U r really foolish, so u believe those good for notin r Nigeria best right, when in Nigeria we strted givin our best the chance if they not recommended by a god father, I beg u to dig deep into the profile if they where not recommended to their coaches by one God fther or top politicins leavin the original best and qualified ones behind only for the reason they do not hv someone to recommend them or big money to bribe, abeg this land is cursed
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by brownlord: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2012
ogbonoeba:

Come off it, we should win medals and not make excuses. We are the most populous country in Africa and we can't even win one medal? This is rubbish. And don't mention football because we are not better at that either. After our dismal performance in south Africa we should be ashamed.

Abeg stop that trash, popular in what aspect, curruption abi, yes we r and currently the most popular in the world too, atleast ur boko broders brought us to lime light, nonsence if I hear anyone ever say Nigeria is the giant of africa again, popular my foot
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by londoner: 7:25am On Aug 05, 2012
In fact she did very well to get into an olympic final, even though her country does not hav thee coaching and training facilities of those she was in the final with.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by londoner: 7:27am On Aug 05, 2012
brownlord:

Abeg stop that trash, popular in what aspect, curruption abi, yes we r and currently the most popular in the world too, atleast ur boko broders brought us to lime light, nonsence if I hear anyone ever say Nigeria is the giant of africa again, popular my foot

He said POPULOUS not POPULAR.......and it is true, or does another country in Africa have more people than Nigeria?

The error is in thinking population size counts for anything on its own....it doesn't.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by godfadda6(m): 7:30am On Aug 05, 2012
Blessing Okagbare made the same mistake Innocent Egbunike made during his active years. She is a terrific runner with many prospects, but she burned out before the finals. In the golden league she clocked 10.8 at one time, even in qualification, she clocked 10.92, so she has used up all her strenght for qualification, I guess that's the job of her coach, she should have taken it a lil bit easy going up to the finals. The same thing Innocent Egbunike did against Linford Christy, use all ur strenght for the meets, all ur strenght for qualification nd burn out in the final.

When Micheal Johnson ran in atlanta, after winning 200m, his coach took him in a taxi, away from the stadium nd when to prepapre him for the 400m, he was psyched up, mentally before the race, that's what's blessings coach should have done.

Well since one of our brightest medal hopeful has crashed out, let's wait for the other one Chukwumerije, and hope he makes us proud!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by brownlord: 7:35am On Aug 05, 2012
Am not dissapointed atall, when some idiot here where celebratin an athelte because she won a heat, same here I was insulted because I said its wrong, Yam even said hope I will apologies pls let go back to the old thread to continue from there, I said I will apologies but unfortunately they not going to win a medal means I won't, thank God hv nt been put to shame, if we investigate this nigeria olympics team, don't be surprise Nigeria spent more money more than any other country in that competition, please hw mch was released for that competion, let start frm there, useless nation, useless leaders, and foolish people including me

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 05, 2012
Litmus:

I don't get it, what dose failing to win medals in the Olympics and statehood status have in common?

I'm sure Mexico is going to win medals, Khazakstan has five gold medals while Switzerland has only one. And many African nations, including the land of the short, black, jealous men, won't win any - electricity or no electricity.
lmao, can't stop laughing grin
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by fankasibe: 7:48am On Aug 05, 2012
This post is too shy to appear.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by baqina(m): 7:49am On Aug 05, 2012
nijanigga:
When I said Nigeria may not win any medal,many were cursing and saying rubbish.Nigeria is a failed state, you can't give what you don't have.We exported what we have to London olympics;Failure.

@nijanigga..In wat way(s) have u contributed to the development of the country?These are young men and women using their talents to advance the development of d country and u are here on nairaland condemning them and spewing rubbish.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SamAfrik(m): 7:50am On Aug 05, 2012
nakedall: 100 M race na black people sport, 6 from N. America + 2 from their fathers land.
my point exactly. Its nt abt population but wat u'v been genetically programmed for. Naija shd b flying in sprints cos over 50% AA are frm ere
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Originakalokalo(m): 7:50am On Aug 05, 2012
Where is baba ijebu? We shuld use kanako(a juju used for distance reduction) .it will help us win.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by brownlord: 7:52am On Aug 05, 2012
godfadda6: Blessing Okagbare made the same mistake Innocent Egbunike made during his active years. She is a terrific runner with many prospects, but she burned out before the finals. In the golden league she clocked 10.8 at one time, even in qualification, she clocked 10.92, so she has used up all her strenght for qualification, I guess that's the job of her coach, she should have taken it a lil bit easy going up to the finals. The same thing Innocent Egbunike did against Linford Christy, use all ur strenght for the meets, all ur strenght for qualification nd burn out in the final.

When Micheal Johnson ran in atlanta, after winning 200m, his coach took him in a taxi, away from the stadium nd when to prepapre him for the 400m, he was psyched up, mentally before the race, that's what's blessings coach should have done.

Well since one of our brightest medal hopeful has crashed out, let's wait for the other one Chukwumerije, and hope he makes us proud!

Lol, is now chukwumerije now abi, my friend if u tinkin we going to get a medal in the olympics certainly not london 2012, jst wait till when the olympics is conducted in Nigeria or when the orginizers start collectin bribe and I don't see that happening soon, so please stop giving urself hope
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by gulfer: 7:54am On Aug 05, 2012
maximum007: Nigeria's medal hopeful, Blessing Okagbare couldn't make it to the medal podium as she finished 8th (Last) in the 100m finals with a time of 11.01

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777646_olympic_-_Blessing_comes_last_-_sums_up_Nigeria_-_jidesaluDiary-jsalublogspot1_jpg3a1d5936c9962d1c40ce0881e29a4f8b[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777647_Olympic_-_may_your_blessing_not_be_last_-_jidesaluDiary-jsalublogspot1_jpgcdb0163150e789929cb3bd4f886bcf1f[/img]
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/777648_Olympic_-_blessing_looks_at_the_screen__-_jidesaluDiary-jsalublogspot1_jpg52a38a690877bf9858f011970656b8b8[/img]
The headlines and all your comments are very demeaning to the poor lady's effort, and you may have seen her last Olympics for Nigeria. I foresee a defection ala Obilwelu as minimal support would have assisted her to get a medal. The headlines should have been Blessing Okagbare; 8th fastest woman at 2012 Olympics final; shikena!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by londoner: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2012
SamAfrik: my point exactly. Its nt abt population but wat u'v been genetically programmed for. Naija shd b flying in sprints cos over 50% AA are frm ere

You harness and develop a starting point of natural talent with training in the right facilities.

You just want to take a short cut to glory by thinking that being black should equal a medal....come of it....lol

Look......all of those athletes that win have to train relentlessly and they DO.......

Stop thinking that you can just turn up and leave with a medal...........
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by fankasibe: 7:55am On Aug 05, 2012
Truly, i don't see Nigeria winning any medals.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by olapluto(m): 7:57am On Aug 05, 2012
Woke up to read this message on Blessing's facebook:
Blessing Okagbare:
Just wanna thank you guys for your love and support. Am well and I believe I will recover from my cramps by the start of the longjump. Tho I wanted more bt God knows best and I will forever praise him no matter what. Once again, thanks guys I love u all.......
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 05, 2012
Are we going to win any medals this year? angry
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Clemzy16(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2012
Builder: NO!!! she is the 7th fastest woman in the world... Congrats to her
who told you.. She's the 8th fastest runner in the world.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by naiijaboii: 8:01am On Aug 05, 2012
nakedall: 100 M race na black people sport, 6 from N. America + 2 from their fathers land.

Whats your point
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SamAfrik(m): 8:01am On Aug 05, 2012
onila:

well east Africans own the maranthon race. .dey just lucky smiley

and the south African medals were all won by the white south Africans undecided
your point pls? Are they (whites) nt SAs. BTW a black guy was in d rowin team dt won gold
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by omar22(m): 8:02am On Aug 05, 2012
After I saw the semi's I knew that she wont win a medal.

Her drive was poor but has a strong Cruise (finishing) when your chasing instead of running you easily tie up and struggle.. She should either concentrate on the 200m or go and improve on how to drive out of the block with power and speed.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2012
LOL @ 8 balck ladies + 1 white lady
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2012
Na which kain nasty wig this girl get for her head?

NGR came first in the semi-finals tho!! Did she just beat Madison?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Sweetjoe(m): 8:10am On Aug 05, 2012
I saw her she was helpless...
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 05, 2012
Blah blah blah.... The average Nigerian doesn't care about sports - you guys just want to reap where you didn't sow..

You lot need to stop crying, and tell the IOC to include; corruption, mouthing, suicide bombing, '419ing', 'peppersouping', and kidnapping as part of olympics' sports - and Nigeria should be able to pick up some medals at the next olympics... Till then, enjoy the olympics spirit! cool
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 05, 2012
The Jamaican chic's batty was the highlight of the finals!! cool cool
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by muumuu(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2012
Shame on nigeria,u all need to cee aw the government is spendn money in bringing arttistes to perfoem here @ d london for d athletes and nigerians here as if they r d one hosting it,samething goes for d numerous actors and actresses they brought here as olympic ambassadors.failure is what u git when u bring sunny ade ,tuface,wierd mc ,seun kuti just to mention few to such an event as d olympic dah need 100percnt concentration.am sure they even use some of d artistes for money laundering.if we wanna git any positive result in naija,we need drastic chngs
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 05, 2012
Reality check - most Nigerian parents don't encourage their kids to do sports, period...

All the people representing Nigeria are not the best talents we've got..

Maybe, parents need to start encouraging their kids to do sports - and stop moaning about education all the time...

A country as big as Nigeria should at least be able to pick up a medal - with or without preparations...

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Kris4luv(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2012
This oyibo get sense o introducin games that de r gud at. Y not introduce bunkering, n planting of bombs n see if Nigeria won't win a medal. My sister u try sha
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by igbo2011(m): 8:25am On Aug 05, 2012
We need Christine ohurugu. She is Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty To Tax Fraud- Suspended Two-year Prison Sentence / Kenneth Omeruo Sends Farewell Message To Chelsea / UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.