Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals (20015 Views)

Blessing Okagbare's White Wedding Photos With Hubby, Igho Otegheri / US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon / Ajoke Odumosu Places Last In Women's 400M Hurdles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SamAfrik(m): 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
onila:

well east Africans own the maranthon race. .dey just lucky smiley

and the south African medals were all won by the white south Africans undecided
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SamAfrik(m): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote author=SamAfrik][/quote] Are they(whites) nt SAs. BTW a black guy was in d rowin team dt won gold for them. Nigeria is loosing it & we dont realise it yet.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SamAfrik(m): 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote author=ogbonoeba]

Listen, just becos we are genetically programmed for athletics doesn't mean much. You still need investment to succeed. Genetics come 1st b4 investment, 2 avoid waste. Reason d chinese stick 2 gymnastics & nt sprinting.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by omar22(m): 1:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
kgold:

Congratulations to Blessing Okagbare . She deserves an award. If our leaders and followers were the 8th best in the world in their jobs...what a great country we would have. I love you girl... Go for it in the Long Jump.

SHE CAME LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please try an banish the idea of celebrating mediocre or average performance. She was last in the field! no body remembers losers its a simple fact of life.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
Her problem is having a good start. The potential is there. In fact we've always had the potential. Back then in secondary school there were girls and boys that if given a chance to develop would be giving the Jamaicans and Americans a tough run. Talking about ISL, Methodist girls, Apata. Those Methodist girls, wow. If only the government would take this seriously undecided.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SmoothCrim: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
The Ivorian got 7th... Last but ONE.... Ivorians are related to Ghanaians so, even without participating Ghana wins grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I'm just joking bros stop being so hard on yourselves... Just improve in 4 years...
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by rume(m): 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
stillwater: Her problem is having a good start. The potential is there. In fact we've always had the potential. Back then in secondary school there were girls and boys that if given a chance to develop would be giving the Jamaicans and Americans a tough run. Talking about ISL, Methodist girls, Apata. Those Methodist girls, wow. If only the government would take this seriously undecided.

Her heat was ok but her semi and final starts were just not good. She expended so much energy catching up in the semis.
Talking about potential, I cry, I really do, here I am wasting away after such a great time running in school. If only, things turned out differently... how can one train to world standard without support... so sad.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by denzel2009: 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
Jamaicans honed their skills by running away from Police every time they were caught selling igbo. If Naija police can reduce their bellies and run after area boys/girls we would have our own Usain Bolt.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by SmoothCrim: 3:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
rume:

Her heat was ok but her semi and final starts were just not good. She expended so much energy catching up in the semis.
Talking about potential, I cry, I really do, here I am wasting away after such a great time running in school. If only, things turned out differently... how can one train to world standard without support... so sad.

Support support support!!!

In the end maybe if we develop a sporting culture and rivalry(very important) in the ECOWAS region and help and encourage each other we will get on top!!! In the end, investment will be the difference. If some of these countries are able to find these world class athletes out of 1 million men then, Nigeria with 85million men with a similar genetic stock can find 85 of them but, without investment one gets nothing...

The same thing is starting to happen to East Africa with Somali Mo Farrah now winning the long distance... You see, with natural ability Ethiopians have been beating European nations in the long distance but, as more East Africans go to Europe and get top class facilities they will beat the ones form back home representing other nations... At the world class level every little edge helps!!

Nigeria should be the greatest sporting nation in the world!! The greatest!! But, the nation can't even get one medal!! Every Olympics should be USA vs. China vs. Nigeria!!!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
we are reaping the fruit of corruption
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Pennywise(m): 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
denzel2009: Jamaicans honed their skills by running away from Police every time they were caught selling igbo. If Naija police can reduce their bellies and run after area boys/girls we would have our own Usain Bolt.

In Nigeria our policemen dont run after suspects. They shoot. So quit the police angle. On the other hand if govt seriously monetize reward rather than meaningless medals our Igbo brothers will dominate 100m with sub 9s dash. They are already doing that in traffic selling articles and pyrated CDs.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by kutchs: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
Y‘all shud get off this page and quit flapping ur loud months, Tyson Gay, Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake, Justin Gatlin, Frasier-Phyrce, Carmelita Jeter, Blessing Okagbare etc are all men and women like you. They are all in London and u‘re on nairaland making noise.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by semid4lyfe(m): 5:26pm On Aug 05, 2012
stillwater: Her problem is having a good start. The potential is there. In fact we've always had the potential. Back then in secondary school there were girls and boys that if given a chance to develop would be giving the Jamaicans and Americans a tough run. Talking about ISL, Methodist girls, Apata. Those Methodist girls, wow. If only the government would take this seriously undecided.

You finished from ISL? I ask cos I remember some of those ISL boys & Girls and damn, were they fast.

You remember Coach Ijeoma right?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Rossikk(m): 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
nijanigga:
When I said Nigeria may not win any medal,many were cursing and saying rubbish.Nigeria is a failed state, you can't give what you don't have.We exported what we have to London olympics;Failure.

You're a worthless idi.ot. Failed fool. Is it not your MATES that are out there performing for their own countries, while a worthless shiit like you sits down behind a computer typing rubbish about your country?? Idi.ot. If we'd seen YOU breaking your back for years training like these other Olympians then we can listen, not when you sat on your fat lazy asss doing FUCKALL for the country then you come out talking trash about ''failed state''.

This is how we have people like you sitting around expecting others to go and win gold medal for you, while you sit in airconditioned office forming big boy. Is anything wrong with your legs and arms? Or those other athletes have two heads ni? NONSENSE. And the sad thing is that it should be folks like you, who are middle class and well nourished from childhood that should be training and contesting these medals. Instead we leave it to the less privileged in society who never had the kind of comforts of milk and cornflakes and jollof with chicken that you had all your life. When they don't meet up you start talking rubbish about ''failed state'. IT IS YOU that is failed. Nobody else.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by onila(f): 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
SmoothCrim: Lastly, tell your useless athletes to get rid of their losers mentality. After getting a world record set on your basketball team some of the players were saying it is an Honor to be part of the game where a world record was set on them!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That is a HUGE losers mentality! You should be embarrassed going into the History books as the worst team in Olympic history and that video of the failure will be looped over and over until someone breaks the record which may not happen any time soon!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

smiley I think this also aplies 2 Ghana where is the gh team?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Rossikk(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
Rastamann: What were you guys expecting/ Nigeria is a f--ked up country! Instead of preparing our athletics the so called sport administrators is more concerned with enriching their purses and this is the whole concept in Nigeria as a whole where we are blessed with all the needed resources except good rulers and governance..

Come on shut the fucck up and sit down, let's hear word. Your mouth like ''instead of preparing our athletics''. THOSE ATHLETES ARE WELL PREPARED AND GAVE EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT. Many of them even train in places like the US and co, like Blessing Okagbare herself, so training and preparation is NOT an issue. THE REAL ISSUE is that the pool of talent is limited because the strongest ones among us are too pre-occupied with ''making it big'' as lawyers, doctors, IT workers, engineers etc, and they LOOK DOWN ON ATHLETICS and sports. How many of us were excellent at soccer in secondary school? MANY OF US! I personally know at least TEN guys that were potential WORLD BEATERS in soccer from my secondary school days. One other guy I knew was so good at Long Jump that he outjumped everyone else in the school by a distance of at least three times the normal. If that guy had continued he would have been an Olympic gold medallist without a shadow of doubt. So what happened? We passed out of school and dropped it all because we were told by our equally dumb parents that sports was for poor folk and strugglers - the underclass. Well, the underclass lack the lifetime nourishment and even the confidence to take on, and beat the world. You can train them from now till eternity, they can never turn out to be the next Usein Bolt or Carl Lewis. Until there is a large enough pool of talent to choose from, which can only happen when the strongest and best among us decide to get out there and train and represent our country, forget about Nigerian athletes coming home with bags of medals. FORGET IT.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by sirp2007: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
do we still need d sport ministry?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by future001: 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Our major problem is that our sports men and women don't have any endorsements. Our governtment has failed but so has all these firms in Nigeria. Have you ever seen any sports man or woman in our tele adverts? Instead we have hollywood and unknown faces that add no values to our lives.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by maximum007(m): 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
It seems some countries just go to the Olympics to watch others win medals.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Tuns71: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2012
ujchief: Waow! But she did beat camila jetar at the semi final heats to take 1st with 10.92. I was expecting a beter performance from her, jetar did improve on her semi's, but she got worse from 10.92 to 11.01.
Now, we're back to status quo. When is the closing ceremony again?
U are talking about Tianna Madison with whom she tied 10.92 s not her American colleague Carmelita Jeter who top one of d 3 semis with d 2nd overall fastest time. Blessing had d 4th fastest in d semi-f, 2nd fastest in heat but fizzled out to take last in final.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
semid4lyfe:

You finished from ISL? I ask cos I remember some of those ISL boys & Girls and damn, were they fast.

You remember Coach Ijeoma right?

Noo, but my school used to invite them to run during inter-house sports. My school always struggled for fourth. grin
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by semid4lyfe(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
stillwater:

Noo, but my school used to invite them to run during inter-house sports. My school always struggled for fourth. grin

Lol, funnily enough those ISL athletes (Sprinters) were exempted from Morning Assembly and used to train at the Unilag Sports Centre every morning and no be small training o. . .thats why they were so good

Last I heard, most of them had taken up white collar jobs and grown fat with bot bellies grin E no easy to combine acada wit sports. . . .it's just the sad reality of life in Naija
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by rume(m): 5:58am On Aug 06, 2012
Rossikk:

Come on shut the fucck up and sit down, let's hear word. Your mouth like ''instead of preparing our athletics''. THOSE ATHLETES ARE WELL PREPARED AND GAVE EVERYTHING THEY'VE GOT. Many of them even train in places like the US and co, like Blessing Okagbare herself, so training and preparation is NOT an issue. THE REAL ISSUE is that the pool of talent is limited because the strongest ones among us are too pre-occupied with ''making it big'' as lawyers, doctors, IT workers, engineers etc, and they LOOK DOWN ON ATHLETICS and sports. How many of us were excellent at soccer in secondary school? MANY OF US! I personally know at least TEN guys that were potential WORLD BEATERS in soccer from my secondary school days. One other guy I knew was so good at Long Jump that he outjumped everyone else in the school by a distance of at least three times the normal. If that guy had continued he would have been an Olympic gold medallist without a shadow of doubt. So what happened? We passed out of school and dropped it all because we were told by our equally dumb parents that sports was for poor folk and strugglers - the underclass. Well, the underclass lack the lifetime nourishment and even the confidence to take on, and beat the world. You can train them from now till eternity, they can never turn out to be the next Usein Bolt or Carl Lewis. Until there is a large enough pool of talent to choose from, which can only happen when the strongest and best among us decide to get out there and train and represent our country, forget about Nigerian athletes coming home with bags of medals. FORGET IT.

What a spot on response!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Synergy22(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2012
afam4eva: This is really disapointring. So, where are the medals going to come from again?
. The undue pressure placed on okagbare was too much. Nigerians should have allowed the lady to have time to concentrate instead of putting up news about her in the media. Diversify your attentions.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by GeorgeD1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
hopes raised, hopes dashed! angry
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by WuzilistiQ(m): 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
Taaaaaaaaar that position na REVERSE FIRST bravo gurl you did well am proud of you.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 07, 2012
Medal ko, medal ni...correct nations dey compete, Nigeria self go there, who dash monkey banana
Re: Blessing Okagbare Places Last In 100m Finals by GeorgeD1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
aye! being first from the rear is really deserving of an award. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenneth Omeruo Sends Farewell Message To Chelsea / UCL: How Ronaldo And Messi Performed In The First Games For Their New Teams / Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Mali: AFCON 2015 Group D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.