Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,250 members, 7,953,933 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again (11619 Views)

Let your feet speak Fashion:: Easy wears (Handmade palms,male and female) / Where In Lagos Can I Make My Lips Pink Or Red? / How Do I Make My Hair Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by Flexskillz(m): 6:46am On Aug 05, 2012
Nls, a friend of mine has this problem. Due to his last place of work, a manufacturing firm and the nature of his job; his palms have developed this hardness that isn't funy.
Can anyone recommend a good moisturizer that can help restore his palms(hands) and make it soft as a babies...maybe иot that soft but something to heal the skin...will appreciate. Thanks.
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by poshqueen(f): 9:20am On Aug 05, 2012
Nothing[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by Flexskillz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
@poshqueen, is dat supposed T☺ be funi? If no maybe you should give your reasons. Still waiting for some helpful responses. thanks
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by mitchyy(f): 5:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
You can stick with the same old remedy. Get a hand cream and make sure you use it after washing your hands cus if you don't moisturise your hands after coming in contact with water, the skin gradually becomes hard. Then, once in a while, scrub hands with a mixture of olive oil and sugar. Don't scrub too hard though. You can do that twice a week. That's the little I can suggest for now.
I hope it helps!

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by uzoo: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
dont wait till you wash hands or come in contact with water , just use hand cream every hour , i had the same problem , but now my hands are as soft as a baby's bum, i leave a small tube of hand cream every where for easy reach and i use it every hour , (one in my car ,one in all my hand bags , my desk , dressing table and believe it or not even in the kitchen on the fridge) it has really helped , then every night i use shea butter on them before i go to bed.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by ITbomb(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
what is the name of the hand cream , can u pls give us a pic of it?
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by Flexskillz(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Thanks y'all. @IT that's the exact quetion i was gonna ask. Please specify names of hand cream that you will recommend.
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by mitchyy(f): 8:07am On Aug 06, 2012
@uzoo,
You're right babe.

Well, I would recommend Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream or Avon moisture therapy hand cream. I got my avon cream for 1k. Can't remember the price for the neutrogena
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by uzoo: 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
the Estrogen Norwegian formula is quite good but I don't like the texture feels like petroleum jelly,
I use lots of hand cream but what I do is check and read the contents vifst before buying! the ones with Q10every good like the Nivea Q10 hand cream.
the Avon moisture therapy is very very good too,but I won't spend that much if am going have to carry about 5 tubes every where.

these are the ones I use .. pictures below. Jergens ultra healing hand cream,"original" dove hand cream, notice I put a quote on the dove that's because there are loads of fake dove hand cream in the supermarket, they usually have a light baby pink colour label.

the picture of the dove below, is the original one I got outside NIgeria.
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by uzoo: 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
dove

Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by uzoo: 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
c

Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by uzoo: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
sorry meant to type Neutrogena inn my last text

Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by ITbomb(m): 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
@uzoo, thanks so much for your contributions.
@Flexskillz, thanks for bringing this topic
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by uzoo: 12:24am On Aug 07, 2012
anytime;-):-)
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by Flexskillz(m): 1:38am On Aug 07, 2012
@uzoo and @ITbomb i really appreciate. Will update with results hopefully soonest. I have tried the Norwegian hand cream before for myself but since i didn't notice anything i didn't want to recommend it for him. Maybe i didn't use it long enough....really dunno. Might try it again, would love to have the 'soft as a baby's bum kind of hands' lol. Its all good though. Thanks all the same.
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by JallowBah(f): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
First; I find it strange that a "Norwegian formula hand cream" is not even sold in Norwegian Shops...

Then; Pure shea butter for your friend. 100% natural.
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by guptashanker198: 3:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Use mixture of
1. Olive Oil + Sugar
2. Olive Oil + Oatmeal
3. Glycerin + Rose Water+Lemon
4. Egg yolk + Honey + Almond Powder
5. Butter + Almond Oil

Source article - Home Remedies To Make Hands Soft
Re: Help: How Can I Make My Palms Soft Again by shashank16(m): 5:56am On Mar 10, 2018
Olive Oil and sugar
vaseline
Gram Flour And Curd
Butter And Almond Oil
Lemon And Sugar

Read More :- [url=crazyhealthplan.com]crazyhealthplan[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Best of African Perfect Curves Ladies In Their Hot Fashion Styles PHOTOS / You Will Book An Appointment With Your Tailor After Seeing ALL These Styles. / Are Hair Products Made Under-seas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.