Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? (965 Views)

Amaechi, Pastor Bakare, And Farouk Adamu On Buhari's 18 Man Delegation To The US / Confused Pastor Tunde Bakare and APC "Collection Of Rogues" / Tunde Bakare And Femi Falana Charged To Court For Treason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by warrior01: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Fellow nairalanders, a real christian is someone who is Christlike in motives, utterances, behaviour, loves God with all his heart and soul and loves his neighbour as himself. A true christian doesn't preach hate but love and harmony, a true christian doesn't mock the poor or people of poor background but rather encourages and helps the needy, a good christian demands for fairness, equity and justice; never to be found denigrading people of different culture and tribe. Finally, a good christian supports, gives respect to whom respect is due, prays for the constituted authority; never insult or denigrade leaders cos power comes from God and He can only give it to whoever He chooses for reasons best known to Him.
Now, just take a cursory look into the lives of Bakare and Gej; while one preaches hatred and anarchy, the other one is calling for peace and unity. While one is seen protecting the sacredness of life, the other sees no wrong in the killings of helpless christians, southerners and youth corpers because of his quest for power. Because of blind hatred, jealousy and quest for power, one is busy mocking the poor while the other is busy building almajiri schools to empower the less priviledged for a better tomorrow. Let me stop here for now: it is now left to you to discern who is a real christian among these two politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Pataki: 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
A ''good Christian'' who could not utter a single amen to a prayer against corruption in his government?

Keep up with the deception.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by warrior01: 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Pataki: A ''good Christian'' who could not utter a single amen to a prayer against corruption in his government?

But you're not God to know how he said his prayers and he appears to a better christian
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by lanetrips: 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Xtianity is not all abt goin to church and carryin d bible.it goes way beyond dat.the meaning of xtianity is to be christ like.no lies,no corruption,no sin in general
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Obviously not you @Poster.

Like I said on the other thread, you probably should drop that "GOD MADE ME JUDGE OVER PASTORS" identity and focus on the message that is being disseminated. Here's hoping you can at least do that.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
Also for your education, these are some of the prophets your God praised and used in the Bible to change Nations

You have the likes of Moses in the Bible, who started off as a politician in Egypt, and spent much of the rest of his life as a Politician for Isreal, leading the country into battle after battle, whilst he remained head Prophet of Israel? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Joshua who replaced Moses, fought war after war and is known for being involved in the famous war without direct bloodshed in Jericho. But the number of lives claimed during his reign as prophet of Israel --- no prophet after him, I believe can come close to.

There is Jeremiah(the book of Jeremiah), who was a Prophet but was hated by the people because of his criticism of Government, but was vindicated in the end when the wrath of God came down on the whole country for refusing to listen to him?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Let's not forget about John the Baptist(Yes, the same John the Baptist you probably grew up hearing of, cause I doubt you have ever read of him), the Political activist/environmentalist whose day job was as a Prophet of God. The same John the Baptist who Jesus Christ himself required should Baptize him only weeks before John finally met his death at the hands of Herod for openly criticizing the Government of the day, calling for repentance or wrath? undecided undecided undecided

How can we forget Esther who not only doubled as queen(politician) but also served as a prophetess, saving Israel by using her feminine wiles, political office, and connection to God.I bet you would have declared her a harlot if you had to be the judge on whether she was godly enough or not.

the list goes on . . . so again, why is Bakare less of a prophet?

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by egift(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2012
Just a little score card can do the trick. Take this questions and score them.

More Positive Person
1. Who will say their is a lot of corruption in Nigeria today? GEJ or Bakare
2. Who is more likely to reject bribe of any kind? GEJ or Bakare
3. Who will be more truthful? GEJ or Bakare

More Negative Person
1. Who is more likely to add addition money to government projects? GEJ or Bakare
2. Who will keep quiet in the face of injustice to others, especially when speaking up all will cause inconveniences? GEJ or Bakare
3. Who dines with some of the finest criminals Nigeria ever produced? GEJ or Bakare

Christianity is a lifestyle - Living like Christ.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by warrior01: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: Also for your education, these are some of the prophets your God praised and used in the Bible to change Nations

You have the likes of Moses in the Bible, who started off as a politician in Egypt, and spent much of the rest of his life as a Politician for Isreal, leading the country into battle after battle, whilst he remained head Prophet of Israel? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Joshua who replaced Moses, fought war after war and is known for being involved in the famous war without direct bloodshed in Jericho. But the number of lives claimed during his reign as prophet of Israel --- no prophet after him, I believe can come close to.

There is Jeremiah(the book of Jeremiah), who was a Prophet but was hated by the people because of his criticism of Government, but was vindicated in the end when the wrath of God came down on the whole country for refusing to listen to him?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Let's not forget about John the Baptist(Yes, the same John the Baptist you probably grew up hearing of, cause I doubt you have ever read of him), the Political activist/environmentalist whose day job was as a Prophet of God. The same John the Baptist who Jesus Christ himself required should Baptize him only weeks before John finally met his death at the hands of Herod for openly criticizing the Government of the day, calling for repentance or wrath? undecided undecided undecided

How can we forget Esther who not only doubled as queen(politician) but also served as a prophetess, saving Israel by using her feminine wiles, political office, and connection to God.I bet you would have declared her a harlot if you had to be the judge on whether she was godly enough or not.

abeg, match am there! Bakare, a prophet? Pls don't let him lie against God again
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by danjohn: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie and egift, you gave superb answers. Debate is over!!!
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by danjohn: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
warrior01:
abeg, match am there! Bakare, a prophet? Pls don't let him lie against God again

warrior01 (my guess is that you were given one of the 40 laptops). Kobojunkie and egift have decimated your argument. Take a bow and call it a day. Debate is over!!!!!
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by usmanyaro17: 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2012
We are human beings,who are we to judge who is a better Christian btw these two,but I am highly disappointed in Pastor Tunde Bakare,I don't think he in touch with his creator,how Can a man of God be so abusive,it's so pathetic,President Jonathan is his leader whether he likes it or not...he shouldnt be disgracing his family and himself...it's so so childish...
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by LFJ: 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2012
Our operation here fail, we are coming back. With the support from our sister squad, the newly commission attack dog, our enemy on Nairaland are in trouble.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by karlmax2: 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: Also for your education, these are some of the prophets your God praised and used in the Bible to change Nations

can u match u assertions with outes from the bible where any of this people Ʊ mentioned were called politicians or contested any political post in there Time! Did any of them preach the type of hate message that bakare is preaching? A political activist and social crusader is diffrent from a politician!.bakare is a card carrying member of CPC!! Stop comparing him to those people Ʊ mentioned in ur post!
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by karlmax2: 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
karl max: can u match u assertions with outes from the bible where any of this people Ʊ mentioned were called politicians or contested any political post in there Time! Did any of them preach the type of hate message that bakare is preaching? A political activist and social crusader is diffrent from a politician!.bakare is a card carrying member of CPC!! Stop comparing him to those people Ʊ mentioned in ur post!
can u match u assertions with outes from the bible where any of this people Ʊ mentioned were called politicians or contested any political post in there Time! Did any of them preach the type of hate message that bakare is preaching? A political activist and social crusader is diffrent from a politician!.bakare is a card carrying member of CPC!! Stop comparing him to those people Ʊ mentioned in ur post![/quote]

can u match your assertions with quotes from the bible were any of this people Ʊ mentioned were called politicians or contested any political post in their Time!, Did any of them preach the type of hate message that bakare is preaching? A political activist and social crusader is diffrent from a politician!.bakare is a card carrying member of CPC!! Stop comparing him to those people Ʊ mentioned on your post!
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by warrior01: 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
karl max: can u match u assertions with outes from the bible where any of this people Ʊ mentioned were called politicians or contested any political post in there Time! Did any of them preach the type of hate message that bakare is preaching? A political activist and social crusader is diffrent from a politician!.bakare is a card carrying member of CPC!! Stop comparing him to those people Ʊ mentioned in ur post!

can u match your assertions with quotes from the bible were any of this people Ʊ mentioned were called politicians or contested any political post in their Time!, Did any of them preach the type of hate message that bakare is preaching? A political activist and social crusader is diffrent from a politician!.bakare is a card carrying member of CPC!! Stop comparing him to those people Ʊ mentioned on your post!
pls don't mind that mentally deranged fellow
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by LFJ: 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
warrior01:
pls don't mind that mentally deranged fellow

We should know it when an operation fail, we need to have immegency meeting to decide on the way forward, we cannot continue to operate like this. The crew member that suppose to give helping hands fail to act and that was the reason why this operation fail on arrival.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
lol.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by CyberG: 2:02am On Aug 07, 2012
LMAO! Just 2 bullets from Kobo and e-gift scattered the entire castle in the air BS! cool cool grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by princenayo: 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
For about three weeks now, Bakare has completely abandoned the word of God He was called to preach or and keeps on attacking the president. Either he completely leaves the pulpit and join them in the party secretariat or leaves politics alone and admonish the word of God. For me I cant go to church to listen to politics. I wonder the kind of members he has in that church.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
princenayo: For about three weeks now, Bakare has completely abandoned the word of God He was called to preach or and keeps on attacking the president. Either he completely leaves the pulpit and join them in the party secretariat or leaves politics alone and admonish the word of God. For me I cant go to church to listen to politics. I wonder the kind of members he has in that church.

Grow a brain, and stop dictating to other people what they can or cannot do with the mandate given them by their God. If you do not like Bakare's teaching, leave the church or go tell God you can do a better Job.

I am not in his church and I appreciate what he is doing in Nigeria. In my opinion, he seems passionate about that country, something I can't say about many other pastors in that same country, even the other mega-churchians who would rather the inept politicians come to their churches for prayer so they continue to donate to their church. We cry about how the politicians steal from us but we never seem to question the pastors who accept donations from the same thieves.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by nduchucks: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
Kobojunkie, Kobojunkie, Kobojunkie!!! How many times I call ya name. cheesy
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
I am just saying what I believe I have read!
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
Pataki: A ''good Christian'' who could not utter a single amen to a prayer against corruption in his government?

That prayer was publicity stuff. True prayers dont another persons 'amen' for it to be answer. The poster raised fundamental christian principle - attack any of them if you can.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2012

That prayer was publicity stuff. True prayers dont need another persons 'amen' for it to be answer. The poster raised fundamental christian principle - attack any of them if you can.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
oxford:

That prayer was publicity stuff. True prayers [b]dont need another persons 'amen' [/b]for it to be answer. The poster raised fundamental christian principle - attack any of them if you can.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2012
[quote author=Kobojunkie]

Grow a brain, and stop dictating to other people what they can or cannot do with the mandate given them by their God. If you do not like Bakare's teaching, leave the church or go tell God you can do a better Job.

I am not in his church and I appreciate what he is doing in Nigeria. In my opinion, he seems passionate about that country, something I can't say about many other pastors in that same country, even the other mega-churchians who would rather the inept politicians come to their churches for prayer so they continue to donate to their church. We cry about how the politicians steal from us but we never seem to question the pastors who accept donations from the same thieves. [/quot
Replace ur own brain, Bakari was rejected at the poll and he simply cant come to terms with that.
Christianity abhor instigation for violence, disrespect for constituted authority, abuses, name calling, mocking. These are what Bakare is today known for. If he has any grievance against the president, the court is there.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
warrior01: Fellow nairalanders, a real christian is someone who is Christlike in motives, utterances, behaviour, loves God with all his heart and soul and loves his neighbour as himself. A true christian doesn't preach hate but love and harmony, a true christian doesn't mock the poor or people of poor background but rather encourages and helps the needy, a good christian demands for fairness, equity and justice; never to be found denigrading people of different culture and tribe. Finally, a good christian supports, gives respect to whom respect is due, prays for the constituted authority; never insult or denigrade leaders cos power comes from God and He can only give it to whoever He chooses for reasons best known to Him.
Now, just take a cursory look into the lives of Bakare and Gej; while one preaches hatred and anarchy, the other one is calling for peace and unity. While one is seen protecting the sacredness of life, the other sees no wrong in the killings of helpless christians, southerners and youth corpers because of his quest for power. Because of blind hatred, jealousy and quest for power, one is busy mocking the poor while the other is busy building almajiri schools to empower the less priviledged for a better tomorrow. Let me stop here for now: it is now left to you to discern who is a real christian among these two politicians.
Who made you a judge?
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by warrior01: 3:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
blink182: Who made you a judge?
I didn't judge no one; just that by their fruit ye shall know them
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
oxford: Replace ur own brain, Bakari was rejected at the poll and he simply cant come to terms with that.
Christianity abhor instigation for violence, disrespect for constituted authority, abuses, name calling, mocking. These are what Bakare is today known for. If he has any grievance against the president, the court is there.

So, in 15 years, he has not been able to come to terms with loosing an election in 2011, is that what you saying is the case here?

When I suggest that you grow a brain, I really mean it cause I care. How can any sane individual conclude that the reason why Bakare has been preaching against the political situation in Nigeria, and the Politicians, for the past 15 years(we are talking the years of Abacha here) is because he lost an election only yesterday in 2011?

And your statement that Christianity abhors instigation for violence, disrespect for constituted authority, can you clearly point to where this man is guilty of doing just that? Where has he called on people to go out and commit violent acts in the Name of saving Nigeria or the Nation? Show me you are not an internet imbe-cile with access to the internet. Where did he call for violence and disrespect?

If He has any grievance with the President? Are you daft? The man clearly does and he has continued to tell you of it, only it seems you don't read but you institute yourself as judge over that which you are unwilling to take time to understand. Why do you feel you should continue to post out of ignorance though? That now is my concern.
Re: Who Is A Real Christian Between Bakare And Gej? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
The only thing that pains me about Bakare is this:
this man was once a great preacher of the gospel.

I won't compare between Bakare and Jonathan, they belong to two different worlds.

As for leading Nigeria, I trust Jonathan much more than Bakere. It is one thing to be a leader and another to be a critic.

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola Systematically Sharialising Osun State / Christian Corpers Lodge Suffers Early Morning Attack In Jalingo, Taraba State / EFCC Arraigns Rep For Issuing Dud Cheques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.