Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS (2552 Views)

SSS Operatives, Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers, Family Members Clash In Court. / BREAKING: SSS Operatives Surround Ex-nsa Sambo Dasuki’s Houses / Policemen & SSS Operatives Killed In Nasarawa Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Sunofgod(m): 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2012
At least 50 operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) from the Northern part of the country are being transferred from the presidential guard in Aso Rock Villa and are being replaced by those from the South-South, Sunday Trust learnt last night.

Our reporter learnt that the transfer list will be released and the affected operatives will proceed to their new locations as soon as President Goodluck Jonathan returns from his trip to Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica.

In this drastic move, the reason for which was not clear to this newspaper as at press time, 10 operatives from the South-West and seven from the South-East are affected. An unofficial source told our reporter that the changes are being spear-headed by two new contract security staff of South-South origin brought in by the president's Chief Security Officer (CSO), Mr Gordon Ogbua.

The source said, "With the engagement of these two men, who had earlier retired from the SSS, a new layer was created in the structure of the president's security. An Officer-in-Charge of Body Guard unit was created and one of the contract staff has been put in charge of this unit. Previously, the president's body guard was under the office of the Chief Detail to the President."

Sunday Trust learnt that the rule which is being invoked to justify the transfers is that, they would affect operatives who have spent more than five years in Aso Rock Villa as State Security operatives.

Our source argued, however, that "This was not the case previously. In the past, SSS operatives spent 13 years in the Villa. You cannot be removed unless you have committed an offence. Even if you committed an offence, you would be tried and found guilty before you are pushed out. This is because those who guard the president undergo a special training, which is very expensive."

Under the transfer being carried out new team leaders for the various security units are being appointed from the South-South stock, with few experienced team members being retained. Funds are being sourced to train the new operatives being posted to the Presidential Villa.

It was not clear as at last night if the National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, has approved the transfers, but when Sunday Trust contacted the spokeswoman of the SSS, Merilyn Ogar, she claimed she was not aware on the transfers.

The Deputy Director (Public Relations) of the SSS said there is no plan for mass transfer of personnel from Abuja to anywhere. When asked that the transfers are not being done from Abuja to other states, she replied thus: "I am not aware of any decision on mass transfer of our personnel. Our personnel are not transferred in that way. We transfer our personnel when the need arises."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208060798.html

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Sunofgod(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
This may be a sign that GEJ is becoming wise?

(I said may . . . . )

At the same time, this could be the beggining of the 'split' of Nigeria.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Acidosis(m): 6:12pm On Aug 06, 2012
Why you are doing that sir, you should also think of the southerners in the north. . Make sure you ''replace'' them as well. . Thats if you really care about us them.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Sunofgod(m): 6:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
IBB/Buhari's spies being cast out of Aso Rock?

I wonder.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by princenayo: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr Moderator, crosscheck ur facts properly b4 u feed us wt joke.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by FrankC3: 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
People are so daft that they really believe that the President security details could ever find its way to news stand. If not to inspire North-South hatred, why this senseless conjecture by Daily Trust? And people really believe that even a Governor's security apparatus is transparent to anybody without the necessary security level clearance? SMH for people...

3 Likes

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by agabaI23(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
^^^And if indeed the news is true, then it is a justification for the shake up.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by jason123: 10:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Tribalism at its peak! Although, I don't blame him sha... undecided
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:23am On Aug 07, 2012
agabaI23: ^^^And if indeed the news is true, then it is a justification for the shake up.

^^^Also, and if indeed the news is true, then it is an indication that a few individuals that are privy to the Presidents security affairs can't keep their big mouths shut, and like amebo, run to the press at the earliest opportunity to give 'classified' updates.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Murphy7h4: 1:38am On Aug 07, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by naijaking1: 2:38am On Aug 07, 2012
Finally, GEJ is waking up from deeeeep slumbar. After all who wants to Ironsi-lize himself? Northerners don't own this country, and Daily Trust doesn't even represent our national interest.
You don't have to commit a crime to loose your guard duties to someone who has lost confidence in you, so what's up with serving a million years at the state house again?
GEJ actually didn't sweep these Boko Haram supporting guards out on time, he should have booted them out of town a long time ago, that why some people thinks is not smart.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by dasparrow: 5:08am On Aug 07, 2012
@Post

GEJ does not trust the northerners or so it seems so he is surrounding himself with southerners instead. Can't blame him though.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by slimming: 5:15am On Aug 07, 2012
It will be against the federal character principle to do so.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 07, 2012
He said "for those of us who are Christians" the story of God's people, the Israelites, who were enslaved and the great leader Moses led them to the promised land. "The independence celebration today is not to take all the people of Nigeria to the promised land, but to take the ijaw man to the promised land,"

translating gejs trindad quote for nigeria
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by agabaI23(m): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Also, and if indeed the news is true, then it is an indication that a few individuals that are privy to the Presidents security affairs can't keep their big mouths shut, and like amebo, run to the press at the earliest opportunity to give 'classified' updates.
Exactly my point.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by engrtee(f): 7:45am On Aug 07, 2012
GEJ has changed inspector of police 3times
gej has changep security advicer once
gej has changd army\navy\defence
head 2times
STIL NO DIFRENCE

EVEN IF HE CHANGES AL SSS TO FBI.THERE WOULD BE NO DIFRENCE
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by abdulkayus(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2012
I dont believe dis story, bt it can be true sha. All dis change change will nt effect anytin, wat we need is commitment
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by PointB: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

GEJ does not trust the northerners or so it seems so he is surrounding himself with southerners instead. Can't blame him though.

Perhaps Ironsi would have been alive today, and there would have been no civil war, if he had done similarly.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by ektbear: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2012
slimming: It will be against the federal character principle to do so.

self-preservation principle >>> federal character principle

I don't think he should be begrudged for having his guards be people he trusts, yes?
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by mpumalanga: 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
They should transfer them so that they can experience other positions
and the new once from south south gaining new knowledge too because no
group have the monopoly of serving in aso rock.

1 Like

Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by gramci: 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
If its true then GEJ must have woken up to reality, otherwise we for one day hear se dem get accidental discharge for Villa.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Akanbiedu(m): 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
I don't believe this piece of news.

I am ashamed that many contributors are not seeing what is wrong with it. If it was the other way round;

".....to replace 50 southern SSS operatives guarding Aso rock with Northern SSS" what would your reaction be?
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by bubadaniel13: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
Some people want to divide this country by all means,u will surely fail,I don't think the SSS can be this cheap,this story is a big lie na bad belle.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Olaolufred(m): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
This is a scrap.
No basis to believe it.
Let us wait and see.
Do not conjur your imaginations for others.
keep your dreams to yourself.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by joeyfire(m): 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Did I read right? Aso rock bodyguards in that position for 13 years That's the worst type of laxity I've ever seen. The longest any presidential secret service guard should stay is four years.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by edoyad(m): 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
joeyfire: Did I read right? Aso rock bodyguards in that position for 13 years That's the worst type of laxity I've ever seen. The longest any presidential secret service guard should stay is four years.

That's the part I noticed myself. How can they be there for 13 fricking years? That's since the Abacha era. They should not only be changed but retired as well. And I hope the new ones don't spend more than 4 or 5 years there. That's the only way to fight laxity.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by joeyfire(m): 11:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
I tire o! They are even complaining because they are being redeployed. It just shows how rotten our institutions have become
edoyad:

That's the part I noticed myself. How can they be there for 13 fricking years? That's since the Abacha era. They should not only be changed but retired as well. And I hope the new ones don't spend more than 4 or 5 years there. That's the only way to fight laxity.
Re: GEJ To Replace 50 Northern SSS Operatives Guarding Aso Rock With Southern SSS by Onlytruth(m): 1:50am On Aug 08, 2012
My personal prayer is that all persons of dubious character should be removed from the SSS.

What do I mean by "dubious character"? I mean those who do not understand, or believe in the fact that the PEOPLE OF NIGERIA ARE THE TRUE SOVERIEGNS OF NIGERIA, not the state or the politicians. Any SSS officer that does not know, or does not believe that the ordinary citizens of Nigeria have the right to do with Nigeria whatever they deem fit, should be fired from the organization.

During the breakup of the Soviet Union, when the Russian parliament basically declared secession from the USSR, the military roled in the tanks and surrounded the Russian parliament (peoples assembly). Soon enough the FINE military officers in command of the tanks basically told every soldier to go home because they cannot attack the people just because they wanted the USSR desolved.
That is the type of FINE officers we should have in the SSS, not any 19th century crude who thinks that the citizens of Nigeria are slaves and captured serfs in their own country, and within their own national space. They must be officers who realize that the ultimate power lies in the hands of the citizen, not state or politicians.

So, the sack/relocation should be more comprehensive. Only then would we be sure that the best is serving Nigeria.

Relocating bad officers, is like relocating bad priests. They simply go elsewhere to carry on with their ill-famed trade.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ministry Of Defence Official Website / ANAMBRA DECIDES 2013 Election:Drop Your Updates / Imagine U Are Given 48hrs To Rule Nigeria, What Will You Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.