Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,259 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

New Lagos Traffic Laws-"how Possible" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lagos Traffic Laws-"how Possible" (744 Views)

Atiku Abubakar’s American In-laws Arrive Nigeria For Wedding In Yola. See Photos / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / Eko Atlantic City - The New Lagos (Cnn Inside Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Lagos Traffic Laws-"how Possible" by Ricoluv(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2012
Dear Niralanders,..what do you all think about the new traffics laws as approved by the lagos state govt.?
Methinks that having laws to guide motorosts aint bad but when they become draconian and too punitive, men common. One-way driving attracting a one-year jail term for first timers without option of fine?..what happens when one unknowingly uses a one way street in an area he/she is not conversant with. Shouldn't the govt first off all, confirm that all one way streets/ roads are appropriately identified with markings and signs? what about the eating and drinking offence for which an offender would be fined 30k? what happens to those of us who spend long hours in traffic and have to buy pure water and gala to hold belle? if this is the case, shouldn't the hawkers of pure water,lacasera,gala and others be as well driven off the streets?..Anyway, I dont see these laws being effective for long with the state's abysmal record at implementing its laws. A good example of this the tenement law in the state, which isn't working...Thus all I see with these laws are more harrasement and extortion of happless motorists by the numerous traffic regulatory agencies...So I ask again, Fellow Naira landers, what do u think?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria( A Fragmented State Dependent On The Material Culture Of Tchnology) / Mass Media Is Responsible For My Government’s Poor Performance – GEJ / Breaking News!!!!! CBN Modifies New Currency to include Farouk.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.