Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Libya Deports 111 Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya Deports 111 Nigerians (7056 Views)

Libya Deports 172 Nigerians / Libya Deports 734 Nigerians,igbos / Libya Deports 740 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by amosy007: 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
Libya deports 111 Nigerians for immigration reasons

Muhammad Sidi, Director-General, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), has urged the 111 Nigerians deported from crisis-ridden Libya to avail themselves of the abundant opportunities in Nigeria.

Sidi gave the advise on Tuesday at the Mohammed International Airport, Lagos while receiving the deportees, who were sent home for various immigration reasons.

The Director-General, who was represented by the agency’s South West Zonal Coordinator, Iyiola Akande, enjoined them to consider their return as a challenge and forge a way forward to starting a new life.

He urged them to take into account the trauma and hardship they had gone through in the foreign land.

Sidi pointed out that whatever efforts or achievements they made in a foreign land, they were still considered as second class citizens.

``You all should uplift the standard of living of fellow citizens in particular and the technological development of this country as a whole, `` he said.

The deportees included 47 men, 52 women, four boys and eight girls.

Sidi explained that a total of 172 had shown their intention to return home, adding that 61 declined when they were asked to board the flight in Libya.

Source: www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/42480-libya-deports-111-nigerians-for-immigration-reasons
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Acidosis(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
I saw them on channels but I wonder why they were hiding from camera. .or are they criminals? whatever happened there isn't their fault. .
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by gulfer: 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
Acidosis: I saw them on channels but I wonder why they were hiding from camera. .or are they criminals? whatever happened there isn't their fault. .
I nor know say dem still remain for the country sha!
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 08, 2012
nawa o. Wetin dem find go libya of all countries self? undecided
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by jpphilips(m): 9:28am On Aug 08, 2012
Acidosis: I saw them on channels but I wonder why they were hiding from camera. .or are they criminals? whatever happened there isn't their fault. .

because they told their people they were in europe lol

5 Likes

Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by born2boink(m): 9:29am On Aug 08, 2012
You don forget say Libyan rebels don rape all of them, only the men showing face on camera because libya no dey do gay
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2012
Okay!!!

Like they should be grateful.. I have interviewed 3 illegal Nigeria immigrants in Europe and Canada and when ever they talk about their travails in these Arab countries, you will have nothing but tears in your eyes..

They should also count themselves lucky that the Nigerian Immigrations did not arrest them upon arrival as I have witnessed them do that severally.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Gozzzy(m): 9:35am On Aug 08, 2012
naija is completely yucked up,datz why these people even had to leave the country 4 libya,sad case of fire to frying pan,now back to fire. Very soon,even sudan,niger,chad etc go begin deport nigerians,because na only deport that can bring them back to this worse than hell of a country,having satan's elder brothers n sisters as rulers.

1 Like

Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by greall1: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2012
Ordinary Libya Na wooooooooooooo
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Detongue: 9:38am On Aug 08, 2012
What were dey still doing der?
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by djeezy(m): 9:38am On Aug 08, 2012
Nigerians want to be everywhere. With so much negative stigma attached to the country, I wonder why they will not be deported. Very soon Haiti, Somalia,Ethiopia will start deporting them also. undecided
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 08, 2012
I won't be surprised if nigerians live in mars and other planets! Smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by ebamma(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2012
small time even iraq and afghanistan go follow deport nigerians
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by alienware(m): 9:47am On Aug 08, 2012
If you have watched "death in the desert" on cnn u won't even think of leaving 9ja thru the desert or the north africa, if u are caught alive u will be operated and parts of ur body will be removed and refrigerated and sold to doctors or to those who are in need of parts like kidney,lungs etc.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by abbey37(m): 9:47am On Aug 08, 2012
Is the Government not suppose to give this people some kind of support or aid to help them settle back into the society? This there home for God sake
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2012
They are welcome.i advise they put their hands to work.no matter hw hard it is to find a job,they shudn't increase d number of unemployed in this country...#justsaying
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by onatisi(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2012
jp philips:

because they told their people they were in europe lol
right on point
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by alienware(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2012
They are millions of opportunities in 9ja but people are nt jst seeing it- we need education and soft loans for the young ones.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by pembisco(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2012
Chei igbokwenus! Libya! of ol contris in d world,i wunt be suprisd if sm of u ar depoted frm chad by 2moro
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Libkid(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2012
Na wa.even small libya.ANYWAY E BETA make them stay 4 naija dan to go die in hands of those rebels
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2012
They are a combination of ibos that fought for Ghadaffi and bini boys that trekked to Libya.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Libkid(m): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2012
berem: I won't be surprised if nigerians live in mars and other planets! Smh undecided
u dey tell man.naija no dey cari last
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Libkid(m): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

They are a combination of ibos that fought for Ghadaffi and bini boys that trekked to Libya.
lolz
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2012
The way I see what Naija is turning to, Nigerians can live anywhere in the World for survival. Those people must have their reason for going to Libya insearch of greener pasture. The situation in the Country is not encouraging. Boko Haram has gotten to Kogi. They are approaching the South West or maybe the South East. Increase in Poverty, decline in educational standard, increase in unemployment, decline in health sector, increase in curruption etc. Then one can only fear the worst.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2012
Why?
Na govt send them go libya?

abbey37: Is the Government not suppose to give this people some kind of support or aid to help them settle back into the society? This there home for God sake
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2012
alienware: If you have watched "death in the desert" on cnn u won't even think of leaving 9ja thru the desert or the north africa, if u are caught alive u will be operated and parts of ur body will be removed and refrigerated and sold to doctors or to those who are in need of parts like kidney,lungs etc.

I watched that clip and i was like WTF when I saw the way people without proper identification were buried outside the morgue. . .Even the body snatchers were happy about their occupation.

I hope ibos and bini people learn from this.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 08, 2012
ifyalways: Why?
Na govt send them go libya?

I tire o. . . .Even most in eurpoe and the US are just bootlickers there.
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by sylve11: 10:09am On Aug 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Oh God! grin grin cool
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Long time o!!

You been travel?!
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2012
Okija_juju:

Long time o!!

You been travel?!

Busy with some stuff. . . .
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2012
What job opportunities are there for Nigerians in Lybia ?
Re: Libya Deports 111 Nigerians by stepo707: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2012
Billyonaire: What job opportunities are there for Nigerians in Lybia ?

Please kindly explain to me "As man is, God once was, as God is, Man may be"

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Rivers Local Government Boss Sharing Marijuana Goes Viral / We’ll retake Adamawa in 2023, APC vows / Meet The First Man To Be Arrested In 2021 In Nigeria (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.