Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? (927 Views)

Lagos State Is Under Siege - Deeper Life / Mrs Kumuyi’s Wedding Outfit Vs A Deeper Life Member’s / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 08, 2012
19 Christians dead for no other reason than their faith in GOD

In whose name were they killed , ALLAH ?

Where is the outcry from the Islamic community ?

Why do we see Muslims go on a rampage when the Koran is desecrated or a cartoon is drawn on Muhammad but never protest the incessant and horrendous loss of live carried out by religious jihadists ?

Is the Koran a more worthy reason to demonstrate and go on a rampage than the lives of men.

Or could it be that some Muslims silently agree with their more volatile brethren who perpetuate these wicked acts ?
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by debosky(m): 12:37am On Aug 08, 2012
undecided undecided undecided

Too sad. Unfortunately, self-preservation is the first rule in Nigeria - many are likely afraid of condemnation lest they become subjects of attack by these animals.

What is wrong is wrong - Muslims should be roundly protesting the un-Islamic nature of these attacks. I am saddened that none are doing so.
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 08, 2012
debosky: undecided undecided undecided

Too sad. Unfortunately, self-preservation is the first rule in Nigeria - many are likely afraid of condemnation lest they become subjects of attack by these animals.

What is wrong is wrong - Muslims should be roundly protesting the un-Islamic nature of these attacks. I am saddened that none are doing so.

perhaps they are fasting? Or perhaps they are not protesting the "unislamic nature" of the attacks PRECISELY BECAUSE these attacks are mandated by allah, and are in accordance with islam. It is hightime christians stopped trying too hard to put a human face to islam when muslims themselves dont even bother to try.
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by philip0906(m): 6:55am On Aug 08, 2012
^^
+1000
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by dorox(m): 7:29am On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel: 19 Christians dead for no other reason than their faith in GOD

In whose name were they killed , ALLAH ?

Where is the outcry from the Islamic community ?

Why do we see Muslims go on a rampage when the Koran is desecrated or a cartoon is drawn on Muhammad but never protest the incessant and horrendous loss of live carried out by religious jihadists ?

Is the Koran a more worthy reason to demonstrate and go on a rampage than the lives of men.

Or could it be that some Muslims silently agree with their more volatile brethren who perpetuate these wicked acts ?
It is unislamic to protest the holy killing of infidels by muslim jihadist.
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 08, 2012
Not a surprise, no Muslim commenting, it must be getting too embarrassing I guess !!
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by debosky(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

perhaps they are fasting? Or perhaps they are not protesting the "unislamic nature" of the attacks PRECISELY BECAUSE these attacks are mandated by allah, and are in accordance with islam. It is hightime christians stopped trying too hard to put a human face to islam when muslims themselves dont even bother to try.

It's not a case of putting a human face in my opinion - since we can't extricate Christians from Nigeria to live completely separate from Muslims Christians have to try to engage with the 'moderate' Muslims for our own security.

I don't think many Muslims feel the attacks are mandated by Allah. I think many of them (Nigerian Muslims) are simply not socially conscious enough to condemn evil, or don't even know enough about their own religious doctrine to present an alternative view. In other climes, other Muslims condemn such activities and help to catch the culprits.

Of course there will be many who believe this is what true Islam is.
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by ijawkid(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
This whole madness has to stop....

I mean these are innocent persons being killed because of the 9ja governments ineptness....

People gather for worship and it becomes a crime in the eyes of bokoharam....SMH!!!!!

This really has to stop
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by Sweetnecta: 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Davidylan:
by davidylan(m): 4:56am

debosky: undecided undecided undecided

While there is president in Nigeria and he is christian, perhaps someone needs to remind him and dame patience that the armed forces and NSA/SSS are at his disposal to protect nigerians, their lives and properties and should not be worried about who cattle got gored.

If Christian Gowon had killed many many christian nigerians to make the task of keeping nigeria one is a task that must be done and succeeded in doing it, i wonder how a christian president in the person of goodluck ebele jonathan cant deal with boko haram, just to keep nigerians in apparent secured border? A man who wishes to govern must be ready to shoulder the good and the bad of governance.

Is he afraid of his own power, his office, his image? From what i read on nl, he has a low image and when your image is in a tank in politics, you go for broke and do a full throttle up in governance. If this were to happen in america, President Barack Obama will unleash the power of his office to go get the white separatist, supremacy, etc, KKK group. The muslims of nigeria does not necessarily have to be the public voice constantly against boko haram when the christian president and his mostly southern christian executive personnel are not even concerned.

As a muslim, i deploy the act of evil by or from any muslim, on himself or on others. Islam allow freedom of religion when you read the Quran thoroughly. And no one has the right to terminate the life of others who are not in war theater against you.

And you will find the word infidel in the bible and there is no word in the Quran that means literally "infidel". And those commit excesses and say the are doing it as believers are lying in their saying that it is in the Name of Allah. It is in their own self interest, not for Allah.
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by buzugee(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel: Not a surprise, no Muslim commenting, it must be getting too embarrassing I guess !!
i believe they have their own section now undecided undecided grin
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by tpia5: 4:11am On Aug 09, 2012
why have the names of the victims not been released?

I heard most of them were children.

the ones who tried to escape were also slaughtered, outside the building.

this is a catastrophe.
Re: 19 Deeper Life Christians Killed In Whose Name ? by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 09, 2012
frosbel: Not a surprise, no Muslim commenting, it must be getting too embarrassing I guess !!

it would be more of a surprise if any of them commented. Its getting harder to constantly claim that islam is peace in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

(1) (Reply)

A Random Question For Christians / Secret Dwellers: Like Father Like Daughter / Pithy Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.