Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) (924 Views)

Understanding The Concept of Tithing / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / The Holy Spirit, My Senior Partner - Understanding The Holy Spirit & His Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by ogoamaka99(m): 11:32am On Oct 31, 2012
A good understanding and relationship with the HOLY GHOST is the key factor to living a fruitful Christianity. One of the greatest falsehoods ever posted in this FORUM is the write up on the personality of the HOLY SPIRIT. First and foremost I want to point out that you can never be a Christian without the HOLY SPIRIT because it is the HOLY SPIRIT that convicts you in the first place. Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said to Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brothers, what shall we do?
1Corintians 12:3 Why I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Again no person can amount to anything in this kingdom or live the Christian LIFE fully without the HOLY SPIRIT. Even Jesus told the disciple not to leave Jerusalem until they receive the HOLY SPIRIT Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father on you: but tarry you in the city of Jerusalem, until you be endued with power from on high. Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, said he, you have heard of me.
Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. This they did because they stayed in Jerusalem until the HOLY SPIRIT CAME in Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Acts 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting.
Acts 2:3 And there appeared to them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat on each of them.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

WHO IS THIS HOLY SPIRIT?
As said earlier, one of the greatest lie ever told in this forum is the post captioned “34 reason why the HOLY GHOST (SPIRIT) is not a person. I am here to challenge that post by presenting to you what the BIBLE said about the HOLY SPIRIT and then allow you consider that post in the light of what the BIBLE said. First I want us to consider what JESUS SAID ABOUT THE HOLY GHOST (1) John 16:13 However, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. A good look at this verse proves that the HOLY SPIRIT IS A PERSON. Look at the above verse again and see the wording-when “HE the SPIRIT of truth” is come, “HE will guide you into all truth”: “for HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF” but whatever HE shall, that shall HE speak: and HE will show you things to come.

A look at the above verse I will like to ask those saying that the HOLY GHOST is not a person whether it is proper to use the word “HE” and the word “HIMSELF” to address a non living thing. From what I know, you use “HE” TO ADDRESS A PERSON and “IT” TO ADDRESS A NON LIVING THINGS. To say that the HOLY SPIRIT is not a person IS TO QUESTION THE CREDIBILITY OF THE BIBLE TRANSLATORS for WRONG USE OF THE WORD “HE”, “HIMSELF” , and saying that a non living thing will guide , as well as saying that a non living thing shall SPEAK because a non living things DON’T SPEAK.

(2) Mathew 12:31 Why I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven to men. Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation. Luke 12:10 And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that blasphemes against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. If the HOLY GHOST is not a person, how can JESUS talk about BLASPHEMY against the HOLY GHOST? You blaspheme a person and not thing.

(3) Mathew 12:32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whoever speaks against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. It is folly if not foolish for JESUS to say that to speak against HIM can be forgiven while as to speak against a thing will not be forgiven if the HOLY GHOST is not a person.

(4) Mathew 28:19 Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. How could JESUS tell his disciple to go and baptize in the name of the FATHER, THE SON AND A THING. It is absurd for JESUS to equate the father with a thing if HOLY GHOST is not a person.

(5) Luke 12:12 For the Holy Ghost shall TEACH you in the same hour what you ought to say. In this verse JESUS talked about the holy ghost teaching the disciple what to say. Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what you shall speak, neither do you premeditate: but whatever shall be given you in that hour, that speak you: for it is not you that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

I want to ask, is it possible for a thing to teach something OR TO SPEAK THROUGH A PERSON? It is absurd to think so, it is only a person that has intellect as to reason and teach or speak through a person.

(6) John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the HOLY GHOST, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you. John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you. Here Jesus called HOLY GHOST COMFORTER, it is absurd to call a non living thing comforter? Moreover a non living thing can not teach us all thing nor bring things to our remembrance.

(7) Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

OTHER THINGS SAID ABOUT THE HOLY GHOST (SPIRIT) THAT CLEARLY PROVE HIM A PERSON
Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Acts 5:9 Then Peter said to her, How is it that you have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried your husband are at the door, and shall carry you out. Here, in the word of PETER, can you LIE AGAINST A NON LIVING THING.? From what I know you can only lie to a person and not to a thing.

Acts 7:51 You stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do you.

Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said to Philip, Go near, and join yourself to this chariot. Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. Here we are told that the SPIRIT SAID TO PHILIP. Where on earth does a non living thing SPEAK.

Acts 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

Acts 13:4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed to Seleucia; and from there they sailed to Cyprus. Here we are told that they were sent forth by the HOLY GHOST, can a non living thing send forth people?

Acts 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay on you no greater burden than these necessary things; Acts 16:6 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

Acts 20:23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesses in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood.

Acts 21:11 And when he was come to us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus said the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owns this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

Acts 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed; after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spoke the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet to our fathers,

1Cor 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Ghost teaches; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

IN THE LIGHT OF THE ABOVE, ANYONE WHO SAYS THAT THE HOLY GHOST (SPIRIT) IS NOT A PERSON DOES NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE. AND ANYONE TO CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN BUT DOES NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN.
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by ogoamaka99(m): 5:25am On Nov 01, 2012
The HOLY SPIRIT is our teacher and guide, relate with HIM and it will be well with you.
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by pastormustwacc: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2012
Outstanding article. Many blessings.
This is one thing the body of christ should focus on as a whole, and desire.
The holy spirit also gives boldness as well as sense of direction. And power too - let us not forget.
You cannot really be a christian without any power in this world as it is, where satan is king.
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by destinedtee(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
@OP: God bless you real good.The knowledge of the Holy Spirit is a 'Must' for every believer.More grace upon u.
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nice.

Just to add that the holy spirit is not another person separate from GOD.

The holy spirit is a gift from GOD himself..

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" - Luke 11:13
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by Joagbaje(m): 2:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
The holy spirit is a person. He is a "HE" not an"IT"
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by pastormustwacc: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
Joagbaje: The holy spirit is a person. He is a "HE" not an"IT"
Righto, however, do you know that some people believe the holy spirit is a she? Ever came across that?
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by Joagbaje(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^^^
Except not from the bible .
Re: You And The Holy Spirit (understanding The Personality Of The Holy Spirit) by pastormustwacc: 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
^^^^^
Aye, depends on the bible you are talking about sha. Well, i mentioned it for a reason, but let us skip that. More importantly, the holy spirit is a person.

(1) (Reply)

How Often Do You Read The Bible!!!! / People That Will Miss The Rapture / My Predictions For The Year 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.