Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools (1111 Views)

Donald Trump: ''Africans Are Lazy Fools Only Good At Lovemaking And Stealing” / Wife Of Bayelsa SSG And 10 Others Perish As They Return From A Visit To PEJ / GEJ Is Taking Us As Fools. Check Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by Boazizzy08: 10:21am On Aug 08, 2012
In recent time many Nigerians and foreigners have advocated for the disintegration of Nigeria which I know is not the best solution in ending the security challenges been faced in the country,especially that of terror.i am optimistic that many Nigerians who witnessed the last Biafra-Nigeria civil war will not want either a repetition or a replica of such.
Having given the issue of disintegration a second thought,because it is bound to be bloody and traumatic,other attributed factors are as follows:
- loss of lives and destruction of properties will be recorded;
- millions of those who may likely survive it will be displaced, while many others will be forced to seek refugee status around the subregion and many of those burgeoises instigating this disintegration won't be in he battle field,they will seek solace in foreign countries with all their wealth, the poor will fight and die and the burgeoises will return to enjoy peace;
- there will be wide spread poverty and the living standards will fall which will be greeted by malnutrition and starvation especially among the poorer segment of the society;
- arms will be proliferated which will lead to a breakdown of laws and orders, tribal armed battles will occur regularly and human rights will be violated.
Record has it that the civil war in Liberia with a population of 22million people, more than 2million people were displaced with 4million people dead.
We must really learn to live as a people or we will perish as fools
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by HammedSodiqq: 11:02am On Aug 08, 2012
Tufiakwa that Naija should break.The Labor of our heroes past shall not be vain. Our fathers fought and died to sustain our Unity, we must guard it jealously.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by Euroclydon(m): 11:14am On Aug 08, 2012
Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by alj harem(m): 11:55am On Jul 10
I can give you 5 reasons why Nigeria should not break up

1. No one wants to experience another civil war again

2. Nigeria market favours some of us that are traders especially hausas, yorubas and igbos

3. A country like niger-delta would be invaded by neigbouring countries eg baifra, cameroon etc

4. Each country would be the laughing stock of the world as our economies would mean nothing

5. Too much investment by other Nigerians in states/cities like Abuja and Lagos. I don't think they are ready to lose that !

(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Unlike)

https://www.nairaland.com/986170/5-top-reasons-why-nigeria
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by dtemidare: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2012
people have said that if nigeria breaks up the north will suffer, the south will gain and vice versa or that the west will loose. its is only a matter of time till we realise that we better together than divided.

violence we are experiencing today will come and go. the bloodshed is to much yet that what keeps us together. people quarell and the reconcile. we should not let foreign countries detect for us how our country should be.

look let me tell all NLnders if a civil war should break out the US will send its troops to the south to guard the oil and gas installations there, hey will go and protect the oil cos thats were there interest is not the unity of Nigeria.

these foreigners dont care about us, all they care about is what they can gain from us, its all about IMPEROIALISM.

WE MUST REMAIN TOGETHER. if we divide what are we to tell God that we departed from our brothers and sisters when wre supposed to solve our differences and forge ahead.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by 1800bc(f): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2012
the problem is that Nigerians will always look for something to blame when we are the sole architect of our problems. We should learn to take responsibility of our problems and seek a way forward ourselves that wont lead to division.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by bubadaniel13: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2012
I don't see Nigeria breaking up,we are strong people with charcacter,we also know how to pull through our challenges,the evil Boko Haram is just a night mare that will phase out soon.Disintergrating as a Nation is not even an option,our diversity as a person is what makes us unique.God forbid,I believe in Naija I know we will continue to be an indivisible Nation.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by Kunlebabs375: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
Boazizzy08: In recent time many Nigerians and foreigners have advocated for the disintegration of Nigeria which I know is not the best solution in ending the security challenges been faced in the country,especially that of terror.i am optimistic that many Nigerians who witnessed the last Biafra-Nigeria civil war will not want either a repetition or a replica of such.
Having given the issue of disintegration a second thought,because it is bound to be bloody and traumatic,other attributed factors are as follows:
- loss of lives and destruction of properties will be recorded;
- millions of those who may likely survive it will be displaced, while many others will be forced to seek refugee status around the subregion and many of those burgeoises instigating this disintegration won't be in he battle field,they will seek solace in foreign countries with all their wealth, the poor will fight and die and the burgeoises will return to enjoy peace;
- there will be wide spread poverty and the living standards will fall which will be greeted by malnutrition and starvation especially among the poorer segment of the society;
- arms will be proliferated which will lead to a breakdown of laws and orders, tribal armed battles will occur regularly and human rights will be violated.
Record has it that the civil war in Liberia with a population of 22million people, more than 2million people were displaced with 4million people dead.
We must really learn to live as a people or we will perish as fools

The sight of war alone is grievous to behold not to talk of the aftermath. Am sure no Nigerian is praying for such thing to happen and even I don't think the level of our insecurity has degeneratd to that but still Nigerians need to be very careful and prayerful so as to avoid the world powers from capitalizing on our lapses to enslave us again. Nigeria is a great country that other countries are envying...then we need to watch our paths. #naijagobeta
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by yanni1(m): 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
We are moving at a good pace...anything like war or sh**t may draw us back...we don't want that. Do u?
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by apala911: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
Often times I submitted that towing the path of war is not d best, though we have problems here and there, let's capitalise on our democracy to harness it gains and put our country back on right track. War leaves no one with good stories.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by SkyBlue1: 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
Euroclydon: Re: 5 Top Reasons Why Nigeria Must Not Break Up. by alj harem(m): 11:55am On Jul 10
I can give you 5 reasons why Nigeria should not break up

1. No one wants to experience another civil war again

2. Nigeria market favours some of us that are traders especially hausas, yorubas and igbos

3. A country like niger-delta would be invaded by neigbouring countries eg baifra, cameroon etc

4. Each country would be the laughing stock of the world as our economies would mean nothing

5. Too much investment by other Nigerians in states/cities like Abuja and Lagos. I don't think they are ready to lose that !

(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Unlike)

https://www.nairaland.com/986170/5-top-reasons-why-nigeria

If the poster had to resort to fear mongering to make a case for staying together, then you know what, we might as well start seriously considering the alternatives right now. How utterly messed up, to think that the best excuse a person can put forward for a country staying together is fear of civil war, fear of being a laughing stock, and loss of investment. Nothing at all to do with shared goals and vision. Nothing to do with camaraderie. Nothing to do with mutual understanding and respect. Nothing to do with the fundamental questions of nationhood. What an utter shame!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by MurphyT1: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
we wont o, those that want to die, shud go hang themselves, just like the poster said, they will disappear and later appear when the helpless hav finish fighting and dying, our present challenges will pass, i believe, letz stl leave as one Nigeria, a bless Nation we r.
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by Camilia247: 12:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
I cnt even imagine war, it gives me goose pimples, Kai! And one funny point stands, everyone thinking of war, disintegration will be nowhere to b found, with their passive nature, letz stl live as one bearing in mind that the Boko haram phase will phase out, it is possible
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by touchmehard: 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
If Nigeria should break up, of what profit would it be to all of us?. I bet u, people from East, West, North & South would still cry "had I known" in d long run.
Is it not better we put tribal sentiments aside and make a headway
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by bubadaniel13: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2012
War is not even the last resort,we are strong people,with strong character,we can't afford any at this point in time....our diversity is what makes us unique amongst other Nations....war never brought solution to any country,lets Libya and Iraq they are all suffering the consequences of war.......We must all put hands on deck to make Nigeria better....
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by BeraBera(f): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Say NO to disunity, say YES to One Nigeria. We have all it takes to remain as one. It's selfishness that is fueling the clamour 4 division, a sensible person knows that it is not d solution to the problem of Nigeria. What We all need is a re-orientation and change of attitude.
Wait a minute, did someone just say War? angry shocked embarassed cry cry
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by IjeomaObasi: 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2012
Mr poster,am impressed with your well tailored article.their have been too much instigations in recent times...kudos !
Re: Why Nigerians Must Not Perish As Fools by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
At what point does your strength become a weakness?

Are the looters ready to hold an SNC publicly? Must division, if it be the only way forward, be bloody?

How can you discuss peaceful agreements when people do not understand what love for each other is? When most Nigerians have placed faith/religion above patriotism? When the 'Nigerian' has no identity?

Who is a Nigerian? What makes one a Nigerian? What of the tribes/ethnic groups that feel they have lost a lot to this ficititious project Nigeria? Would you force them to forgive, to forget?

The basic foundations of our nationhood have been destroyed beyond any redeemable means. I believe it would be best we split up, but amicably..

(1) (Reply)

Are Police Authorize To Remove Woman Bra And Pant In Their Cell? / Flooding: 1 Million Nigerians May Die - NEMA / Aregbesola Launches 10,000 Capacity Cattle Ranch (O-BEEF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.