Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? (1921 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) / Pastor Adeboye: Don't Marry Outside The Redeemed Christian Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Ayomax(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
im just sick and tird of seeing redeemed churchs like 3 on a single street, c'mon tht 2much. cant they combine n form a single big church on tht street. I live in ogba-ikeja n we hav 4 redeemed churchs on my street,im nt hatin on dem but to me its just a waste of land meant 4 housing ppl.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by plaetton: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
I have seen two different parishes in one building.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Delafruita(m): 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
plaetton: I have seen two different parishes in one building.
the shopping complex that housed my former office had 5.i mean FIVE frigging parishes of the same church that would have just 2 or 5 members.one parish bought a plot of land around my area only to discover there were 6 other parishes within a 400meter radius
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by plaetton: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
Religilous!
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by mako007(m): 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
Ayomax: im just sick and tird of seeing redeemed churchs like 3 on a single street, c'mon tht 2much. cant they combine n form a single big church on tht street. I live in ogba-ikeja n we hav 4 redeemed churchs on my street,im nt hatin on dem but to me its just a waste of land meant 4 housing ppl.

Doe I'm a Redeemer but I tire for us sef, Zonal parish tins, Well the ministry is moving
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by ijawkid(m): 11:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
If they are not commiting crimes then leave them alone let them do there thing

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 09, 2012
ijawkid: If they are not commiting crimes then leave them alone let them do there thing
This is a disappointing response from you. Our society will remain as useless as it is today if we keep recruiting faith merchants rather than technocrats, establishing churches instead of businesses.
I strongly believe that if people support the ideas of young jobless Nigerian graduates as readily as they pay tithes and other offerings into the coffers of these modern megachurches, we would pray a lot less.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Goshen360(m): 6:21am On Aug 09, 2012
10 "Listen to my message, you Sodom-schooled leaders. Receive God's revelation, you Gomorrah-schooled people.

11-12"Why this frenzy of sacrifices?" God's asking. "Don't you think I've had my fill of burnt sacrifices, rams and plump grain-fed calves? Don't you think I've had my fill of blood from bulls, lambs, and goats? When you come before me, whoever gave you the idea of acting like this, Running here and there, doing this and that— all this sheer commotion in the place provided for worship?

13-20 "Quit your worship charades. I can't stand your trivial religious games: Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths, special meetings—meetings, meetings, meetings—I can't stand one more! Meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them! You've worn me out! I'm sick of your religion, religion, religion, while you go right on sinning. When you put on your next prayer-performance, I'll be looking the other way. No matter how long or loud or often you pray, I'll not be listening. And do you know why? Because you've been tearing people to pieces, and your hands are bloody. Go home and wash up. Clean up your act. Sweep your lives clean of your evildoings so I don't have to look at them any longer. Say no to wrong. Learn to do good. Work for justice. Help the down-and-out. Stand up for the homeless. Go to bat for the defenseless.

Isaiah 1:10-20
The Message (MSG) Translation

Today, business methods are being applied to monumental building and they call it church growth while the lives of the laity are wallowing in immoralities. The expand their business empires so as to estimate the the tithes, offerings, meeting for this and meeting for that and yet, there is not trace of any godliness in the members. Year in, year our - all kinds of Holy Ghost meetings, conference for this and conference for that with all kinds of unbiblical impartation and collecting people's money but alas, Christ is missing in their lifestyle after their meetings. They engage in project that pure built of business pattern rather than God's pattern.

As it is written, "My house that is meant to be a house of prayer, it has been made a den of thieves". What then shall we say? Shall we continue to expand at every 5 kilometers in every street at the detriment of godliness? God forbid. It is righteousness that exalts a nation, sin is a reproach to any person. It is unbiblical to expand church branches and control resources to one headquarter that commands the affairs and how branches operate. This is a witchcraft spirit and the true church of Jesus does not have such commandments.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by ebamma(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2012
because church business is serious business
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by amor4ce(m): 7:07am On Aug 09, 2012
Ezekiel 16:24 that you have built for yourselves a vaulted place, and have made yourselves a lofty place in every street.25 You have built your lofty place at the head of every way, and have made your beauty an abomination, and have opened your feet to everyone who passed by, and multiplied your prostitution.

the error of fornication with Christianity
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Clemzy16(m): 7:29am On Aug 09, 2012
Simply because our G.O is trying to ensure that at least one member of a family is a redeemer. Thus, we plant churches in every street occassionally. It's all about wining souls...
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by ijawkid(m): 7:46am On Aug 09, 2012
musKeeto:
This is a disappointing response from you. Our society will remain as useless as it is today if we keep recruiting faith merchants rather than technocrats, establishing churches instead of businesses.
I strongly believe that if people support the ideas of young jobless Nigerian graduates as readily as they pay tithes and other offerings into the coffers of these modern megachurches, we would pray a lot less.

I knw it might sound a lil dis-appointing,but d true fact is there's notin much we can do for now....do u expect us to start desecrating the church buildings??noo......

My point is as long as they aint constituting to some kinda mayhem in the society then just let them be....

The real problem with 9ja is corruption....
The 9ja government has become so inept to solve d problems of joblessness.......

I for one do not really support the idea of a particular church having several parishes just in one street,because it definitly is absurd....

But what can 1 do?? Na 9ja we dey......
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Delafruita(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2012
ijawkid:

I knw it might sound a lil dis-appointing,but d true fact is there's notin much we can do for now....do u expect us to start desecrating the church buildings??noo......

My point is as long as they aint constituting to some kinda mayhem in the society then just let them be....

The real problem with 9ja is corruption....
The 9ja government has become so inept to solve d problems of joblessness.......

I for one do not really support the idea of a particular church having several parishes just in one street,because it definitly is absurd....

But what can 1 do?? Na 9ja we dey......

rather than spending millions yearly on "lets go a fishing",cant the church encourage the youths in their midst?cant they have a skill acquisition programme?cant they provide soft loans for the market women?
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2012
All this new rave pentecostal movement are the worst thing to happen to Christianity.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Ayomax(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2012
Clemzy16: Simply because our G.O is trying to ensure that at least one member of a family is a redeemer. Thus, we plant churches in every street occassionally. It's all about wining souls...
yea rite! Everytin is church biznes. We dnt hav much land in lagos yet u guys build ur church everywhere coz u hav da money
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 09, 2012
@topic its all about making money and bragging rights

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Ayomax(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2012
diluminati: @topic its all about making money and bragging rights
i do agree wit u. But things nid to change,im so so in suport of church paying tax. Atleast tht shld reduce da churchs
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Goshen360(m): 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
Clemzy16: Simply because our G.O is trying to ensure that at least one member of a family is a redeemer. Thus, we plant churches in every street occassionally. It's all about wining souls...

.....and where did the G.O learnt that being a member of the RCCG takes you to heaven? Go ye into all nations and make disciples doesn't translate into 2-5 churches in one street. That is not God's way of soul winning. What is 2 or 3 of the same church doing in one building? Indeed, your G.O is ensuring at least one member of a family belongs to RCCG. It's all business methods being adopted to what is called church growth so there can be more tithes, 4 to 5 kinds of offerings in one Sunday service, paying professional pastors and building ungodly empires/programmes. What stops 2 of same church merging together to be one in a street? As the churches increase, immorality abound. What then shall we say about the increasing immorality due to increasing church branches? There is no more preachers of righteousness like Noah, it's all business methods. Alas, as they are doing their own business, God is doing His.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Goshen360(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2012

.....and where did the G.O learnt that being a member of the RCCG takes you to heaven? Go ye into all nations and make disciples doesn't translate into 2-5 churches in one street. That is not God's way of soul winning. What is 2 or 3 of the same church doing in one building? Indeed, your G.O is ensuring at least one member of a family belongs to RCCG. It's all business methods being adopted to what is called church growth so there can be more tithes, 4 to 5 kinds of offerings in one Sunday service, paying professional pastors and building ungodly empires/programmes. What stops 2 of same church merging together to be one in a street? As the churches increase, immorality abound. What then shall we say about the increasing immorality due to increasing church branches? There is no more preachers of righteousness like Noah, it's all business methods. Alas, as they are doing their own business, God is doing His.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by ijawkid(m): 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
Delafruita:
rather than spending millions yearly on "lets go a fishing",cant the church encourage the youths in their midst?cant they have a skill acquisition programme?cant they provide soft loans for the market women?

Then what will the government be doing??

Embessling public funds incessantly??

The whole of 9ja's problem rests on the government,,,

they'v become so useless that is why situations are like this..........

I'm not in support of d many parishes built just in one street...if d 9ja govt was working that wuldnt be the case.......
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Delafruita(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Then what will the government be doing??

Embessling public funds incessantly??

The whole of 9ja's problem rests on the government,,,

they'v become so useless that is why situations are like this..........

I'm not in support of d many parishes built just in one street...if d 9ja govt was working that wuldnt be the case.......
does the government collects billions in tithes and offerings?
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by ijawkid(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
Delafruita:
does the government collects billions in tithes and offerings?

The government officials who steal are even the ones who tithe more and sit in front sits @ d churches......

The government is our sole problem.....

Na them be our cancer.........
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by wiegraf: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
I've seen 2 branches of zenith bank on the same road, twice. Now why would they do that?
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Goshen360(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
There is NO WAY the church can be the "light of the world" when they don't have the "life of Christ" in them.

John 1:4, In him (Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men.

When Jesus said, "you are the light of the world". It means you MUST have a "life" in you, I mean a kind of "life". This life is the life of Christ that will translate into the light of men. Hence, our light cannot so shine before men and men will not see the good works of the church. The church can't be a light of the world when this life of Christ is absent in them. The only thing we will be left with is COMPETITION, STRIFE AND DIVISION.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Goshen360(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
wiegraf: I've seen 2 branches of zenith bank on the same road, twice. Now why would they do that?

Are you saying churches can do business like the worldly people?
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by plaetton: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
I just learnt that Governor Peter Obi recently completed the first public library in Anambara State since 1966.

Since 1966? Now one can imagine how many churches have been built in Anambara State since 1966.
I guess since the British left, we have been very busy with religion.
Is it any wonder why we are living hell and would do anything, just about anything, to escape to Britain or any other European nation, countries , apparently with more libraries than churches?
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2012
Goshen360: 10 "Listen to my message, you Sodom-schooled leaders. Receive God's revelation, you Gomorrah-schooled people.

11-12"Why this frenzy of sacrifices?" God's asking. "Don't you think I've had my fill of burnt sacrifices, rams and plump grain-fed calves? Don't you think I've had my fill of blood from bulls, lambs, and goats? When you come before me, whoever gave you the idea of acting like this, Running here and there, doing this and that— all this sheer commotion in the place provided for worship?

13-20 "Quit your worship charades. I can't stand your trivial religious games: Monthly conferences, weekly Sabbaths, special meetings—meetings, meetings, meetings—I can't stand one more! Meetings for this, meetings for that. I hate them! You've worn me out! I'm sick of your religion, religion, religion, while you go right on sinning. When you put on your next prayer-performance, I'll be looking the other way. No matter how long or loud or often you pray, I'll not be listening. And do you know why? Because you've been tearing people to pieces, and your hands are bloody. Go home and wash up. Clean up your act. Sweep your lives clean of your evildoings so I don't have to look at them any longer. Say no to wrong. Learn to do good. Work for justice. Help the down-and-out. Stand up for the homeless. Go to bat for the defenseless.

Isaiah 1:10-20
The Message (MSG) Translation

Today, business methods are being applied to monumental building and they call it church growth while the lives of the laity are wallowing in immoralities. The expand their business empires so as to estimate the the tithes, offerings, meeting for this and meeting for that and yet, there is not trace of any godliness in the members. Year in, year our - all kinds of Holy Ghost meetings, conference for this and conference for that with all kinds of unbiblical impartation and collecting people's money but alas, Christ is missing in their lifestyle after their meetings. They engage in project that pure built of business pattern rather than God's pattern.

As it is written, "My house that is meant to be a house of prayer, it has been made a den of thieves". What then shall we say? Shall we continue to expand at every 5 kilometers in every street at the detriment of godliness? God forbid. It is righteousness that exalts a nation, sin is a reproach to any person. It is unbiblical to expand church branches and control resources to one headquarter that commands the affairs and how branches operate. This is a witchcraft spirit and the true church of Jesus does not have such commandments.

Sad but true .

In the last days , we have to build our relationships with God on the solid rock which is Christ and not on the words or empires of men !
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by dorox(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2012
plaetton: I just learnt that Governor Peter Obi recently completed the first public library in Anambara State since 1966.

Since 1966? Now one can imagine how many churches have been built in Anambara State since 1966.
I guess since the British left, we have been very busy with religion.
Is it any wonder why we are living hell and would do anything, just about anything, to escape to Britain or any other European nation, countries , apparently with more libraries than churches?

Well said! you just nailed the absurdity of our colletive priority with your comment.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by juventino: 4:32pm On Aug 09, 2012
plaetton: I have seen two different parishes in one building.
grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Ayomax(m): 4:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
wiegraf: I've seen 2 branches of zenith bank on the same road, twice. Now why would they do that?

we talking abt street here n nt road. mor ova hw often do u see 2branches of zenith bank on dasame road?
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by Ozegbe(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
just like banks and petrol stations they need to increase their capital.
Re: Why Do We Have More Than Two Redeemed Churchs On A Street? by wiegraf: 4:49am On Aug 10, 2012
Ayomax:
we talking abt street here n nt road. mor ova hw often do u see 2branches of zenith bank on dasame road?

I mentioned twice (didn't I?), but I think 3 times. Can't remember details (I'm terrible with those, especially directions) but I'm sure others can point them out. Wuse 2, one of those roads has like 3 branches (finding the right branch on that road for someone with my brilliant sense of direction is usually a nightmare), but you're correct in assuming they aren't close to each other (they aren't that far apart either). Somewhere in garki I believe there 2 branches almost side by side. The third instance I am very unsure of but maybe wuse market region. There are probably other banks that do similar (intercontinental, I'm looking at you, or your grave)

Bottom line, business is good or there is obvious potential for more business and you want to appear solid and prepared, open more branches.

I'm talking about banks before you start pelting me. Off topic? Maybe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity And Abortion / Reasons Why Pastors Should Be Well Paid. / Read This Article It Might Save Your Life: The Antidotes Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.