Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,142 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:59 PM

Bayelsa State Assembly Sacked Five Lga Chairmen. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa State Assembly Sacked Five Lga Chairmen. (987 Views)

Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen / Breaking News......governor Wike Sacks All 23 LGA Chairmen In RIVERS STATE / Amosun Leads In Four Out Of Five LGA Results Declared By INEC So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa State Assembly Sacked Five Lga Chairmen. by TariEnoch(m): 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
The current Government in the state is a Government
of illegalities. What right do they have to remove
Local Government Chairmen? Severally, the courts
have ruled that Local Government Chairmen can only
be removed through impeachment by their
Councillors. The last Assembly removed Hon. Ebiketein Diongoli, he went to court and the court
ruled that the House lack the powers to remove him.
He was therefore returned as Chairman of
Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Council. This
current Assembly has done thesame thing and the
Governor who is a Lawyer has perpetrated thesame illegality. I am not surprised because the current state
Government is known for perpetrating illegalities.
The Government of Seriake Henry Dickson has
perpetrated more illegalities in six months than Sylva
did in five years. This Government should not forget
history so fast that those who remove people illegally are equally removed illegally.
I want you all to express your take on
this if actually the State Assembly has the
constitutional right to sack elected Chairmen of LGA.

(1) (Reply)

Day Light Robbery By Air Nigeria/jimoh Ibrahim / Jonathan: I’ll Pay Any Price To Make Nigeria Work / Attend A Motivational Parley With President Paul Kagami Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.