Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Ur Honest View Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ur Honest View Of Jesus (1572 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
in the "deep labyrinth of my heart", jesus was a fraud, attention-seeker, magician/illusionist, great orator & public speaker, storyteller, traitor, lair,trouble-maker and self-centred person. of unknown gender.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by buzugee(m): 11:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
in the "deep labyrinth of my heart", jesus was a fraud, attention-seeker, magician/illusionist, great orator & public speaker, storyteller, traitor, lair,trouble-maker and self-centred person. of unknown gender.
sounds like Jesus was not one of your favorite people then cheesy
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 3:33am On Aug 10, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Can you explain how he was a fraud, traitor and "self-centered"(whatever that means..).
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
buzugee: sounds like Jesus was not one of your favorite people then cheesy

yes my favourite nemsis followed by Mr M of Arabia. wink
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
okeyxyz:

Can you explain how he was a fraud, traitor and "self-centered"(whatever that means..).

well isnt it obvious you should have figured that one out by now.. undecided

-fraud: for copying all ideology from earlier religions, especially Judaism and then twisting it adding his own spices and flavourings to it..

-traitor: for stirring problems in the relatively stable and prosperous Roman Empire and encouraging revolts by brainwashing poor illiterate masses just as todays missionaries do to tribals.

-self-centered: thinks he is the son of God and superior to all others. likes the attention and loves to be worshipped. cals himself "saviour" (and ends up destroying three-quarters of the world with his useless ideology), etc. .
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Ebucca(m): 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

-fraud: for copying all ideology from earlier religions, especially Judaism and then twisting it adding his own spices and flavourings to it..

-traitor: for stirring problems in the relatively stable and prosperous Roman Empire and encouraging revolts by brainwashing poor illiterate masses just as todays missionaries do to tribals.

-self-centered: thinks he is the son of God and superior to all others. likes the attention and loves to be worshipped. cals himself "saviour" (and ends up destroying three-quarters of the world with his useless ideology), etc. .

me The Most High God have mercy on you. may hey forgives you ur trespases for insulting the lamb and begotten son of God
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ebucca:

me The Most High God have mercy on you. may hey forgives you ur trespases for insulting the lamb and begotten son of God

i had lamb for dinner yesterday and i wont hesistate on good xtian flesh and blood. .
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by KiKatanga: 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
To me Christ was a guy who did some nice things but is followed by people who talk about him all of the time but never, ever act like him.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 12:04am On Aug 11, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I actually thought you were gonna talk some sense that i could challenge, but instead you come up with this Well, don't bother...
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

I actually thought you were gonna talk some sense that i could challenge, but instead you come up with this Well, don't bother...

you see, not everything needs to be written in paragraphs and signed by a world famous scientist in order to make sense. some things are understood just plain & simple. .
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by wiegraf: 5:49am On Aug 11, 2012
He probably never existed, even if he did the stories concerning him are extremely apocryphal.

What of the legend of Jesus? It's excellent imo. In fact, note how I spell Jesus with the capital J, I noticed it's involuntary. I spell god god, or dog, cause it usually stands for a lot sh.it imo. But the Jesus legend is really cool for the most part imo, it stands for peace, love and a lot of other cool stuff. Most christians on the other hand....
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2012
He was a Zealot.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 8:40am On Aug 11, 2012
diluminati: He was a Zealot.

Really? please explain.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2012
Jesus? Great guy, but more importantly, the greatest message(christianity). Grossly misunderstood by most "christians".
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 8:55am On Aug 11, 2012
wiegraf: He probably never existed, even if he did the stories concerning him are extremely apocryphal.

What of the legend of Jesus? It's excellent imo. In fact, note how I spell Jesus with the capital J, I noticed it's involuntary. I spell god god, or dog, cause it usually stands for a lot sh.it imo. But the Jesus legend is really cool for the most part imo, it stands for peace, love and a lot of other cool stuff. Most christians on the other hand....
there is no evidence outside of scripture that he existed.historians of his time have no record of his birth,life and eventual death and rise.
if he did exist,he must have been a good scholar of the pharisee sect.he must have attained some level of popularity for constantine to decide to dietify him and super-impose him unto the myth of mithra.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Areaboy2(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2012
simply put, Jesus was a hippie Jew that got crucified undecided
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 9:21am On Aug 11, 2012
Delafruita:
there is no evidence outside of scripture that he existed.historians of his time have no record of his birth,life and eventual death and rise.
if he did exist,he must have been a good scholar of the pharisee sect.he must have attained some level of popularity for constantine to decide to dietify him and super-impose him unto the myth of mithra.

Well, what kind of evidence do you want of him then? Can you name just one person at the time of jesus, from humble background as such, whom there is evidence of his/her existence? It just makes no smart-sense to ask any question out of context. At the point in time in question(over 2000 years ago), what were the record keeping systems? and who were the privileged few lucky enough to either be "born of high social status" or elevated to status by the roman authorities in order to warrant personal attention in art or literature records? I don't know whether you don't understand the context or you just simply choose to ignore them.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Areaboy2(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

Well, what kind of evidence do you want of him then? Can you name just one person at the time of jesus, from humble background as such, whom there is evidence of his/her existence? It just makes no smart-sense to ask any question out of context. At the point in time in question(over 2000 years ago), what were the record keeping systems? and who were the privileged few lucky enough to either be "born of high social status" or elevated to status by the roman authorities in order to warrant personal attention in art or literature records? I don't know whether you don't understand the context or you just simply choose to ignore them.

Even Pharaohs that lived 2000years before Jesus have well documented and archaeological evidence to support their existence, Roman leaders way before that were well documented, The Babylonians and their great empire, the Assyrians, All documented with supporting archaeological evidence for them. But your hippie Jew has none except books in the bible. Since we know the bible isn't the most reliable (actually not at all even) historical piece of material, how can u now put your foot down and say for certain that:

a: this man existed
b: he did what has been claimed
c: this whole thing wasn't made up

undecided
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by buzugee(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2012
Area_boy:

Even Pharaohs that lived 2000years before Jesus have well documented and archaeological evidence to support their existence, Roman leaders way before that were well documented, The Babylonians and their great empire, the Assyrians, All documented with supporting archaeological evidence for them. But your hippie Jew has none except books in the bible. Since we know the bible isn't the most reliable (actually not at all even) historical piece of material, how can u now put your foot down and say for certain that:

undecided
when the pharoahs ruled, they were in control of their own destiny because they were in charge and could document and record everything. when christ reigned, the jews were pretty much second class citizens . they were pretty much slaves. in subjection to roman authority. they were not in control of their own destiny. they couldnt do anything without authority from roman govt. they had no power. hence why the documentations are sparse. plus the roman authority were trying their best to shut him up, why would they then document his exploits ?
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2012
Area_boy:

undecided

I'm wondering, what part of "humble background" don't you understand Did you even read my text entirely or you just filtered-in what you wanted to see? Again you display the same attribute like @Delafruita by asking questions & making comparisms out of context. I hereby highlight the contexts for you as i don't think it's possible you saw them before commenting as above when you compared jesus to kings & princes & generals.

okeyxyz: Well, what kind of evidence do you want of him then? Can you name just one person at the time of jesus, from humble background as such, whom there is evidence of his/her existence? It just makes no smart-sense to ask any question out of context. At the point in time in question(over 2000 years ago), what were the record keeping systems? and who were the privileged few lucky enough to either be "born of high social status" or elevated to status by the roman authorities in order to warrant personal attention in art or literature records? I don't know whether you don't understand the context or you just simply choose to ignore them.

I ask you again: do you know of any person of humble background as jesus, 2000 years ago , who was documented?
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

I'm wondering, what part of "humble background" don't you understand Did you even read my text entirely or you just filtered-in what you wanted to see? Again you display the same attribute like @Delafruita by asking questions & making comparisms out of context.I ask you again: do you know of any person of humble background as jesus, 2000 years ago , who was documented?
Why the emphasis on humble? If he had super human powers don't you think he would have been mentioned because of the extraordinary acts he did? Humble background or not. . . .
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
E_monkey:
Why the emphasis on humble? If he had super human powers don't you think he would have been mentioned because of the extraordinary acts he did? Humble background or not. . . .

As far as we know, every "humble background" person who ever attained prominence and entered the record books without state backing had either written the books themselves or written by their followers. All the "evidences" of past civilizations that people brandish about today such as egypt, babylon, assyria, mayan, zimbabwe, etc, where done at the auspices and authority of some state power or some lordship, which of course we know jesus had non, so why do you wanna measure him by the same criteria as these "powerful" people? how is that a fair measure?

As for jesus performing super-human feats, many "magicians" had come and gone before & after him without entering the record books, so what would make him any different(in the eyes of the authorities) from these guys to warrant special reference?
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by wiegraf: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
^^
I don't know the details, and don't particularly care as the whole premise is wrong to me so I'm definitely not going to bother memorizing quotes etc (I don't have to read harry potter to point out it's not real, or the mormon holy book, zeus etc), but from what I understand there are no records of Jesus outside of the bible (some dude met a group that were followers of Jesus but didn't meet Jesus himself, maybe other similar instances, don't know). Assuming this is true, even if you are correct about the record keeping, it changes little. The only piece of evidence available for the case of his existence is the bible, which we all know makes a few ridiculous claims so long as we remain objective. So the odds of him having existed are still low. Let's not even talk about the miracles.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by MrAnony1(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2012
tarad:
WHo is Jesus to u personally? I mean who do u think he is (and what u make of the stories and accounts about him) deep within ur heart and not just what u where told in Sunday school. Who is He to U deep labyrinth of your heart? Maybe this would afford us the clear view of knowing for certain where we stand in existence.

In d end, there are many definitions, and there is the TRUTH.
Deep within my heart, I see Jesus as my super-cool senior brother. I just want to keep emulating Him.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

how come we know the mount vesuvius erupted?even an eclipse of the sun in 2AD was recorded.phiny and seneca are historians that lived during jesus time.how come we know that joshua conquered palestine in 1270BC and that alexander conquered syria in 330BC?how come we know herod became ruler of syria in 40BC and that he died in 4BC?how come we know augustus was ceasar?how come we know publius quirinius was governor of syria in 6AD?how come we know he conducted a census?how come we know pilate was a ruthless man?
perhaps because people called historians kept record.jesus wasnt just a lowly peasant,the bible claims thousands flocked to hear him.it claimed he fed 3000 and 5000.it claimed when he arrived jerusalem,the city stood sttill and people came to welcome him.it claimed he became a torment to the leading priests to the extent they sent him to antipas for trial.then to pilate,then he was crucified.but there's absolutely no record of all these in newish or roman records.the first mention of jesus by any third source came from josephus flavius in 90AD and then from pliny the younger.both men were born long after the presumed crucifixion and didnt even refer to him in the first person
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Deep within my heart, I see Jesus as my super-cool senior brother. I just want to keep emulating Him.
How can your God also be seen as your senior brother? Stop the blasphemy.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
wiegraf: ^^
I don't know the details, and don't particularly care as the whole premise is wrong to me so I'm definitely not going to bother memorizing quotes etc (I don't have to read harry potter to point out it's not real, or the mormon holy book, zeus etc), but from what I understand there are no records of Jesus outside of the bible (some dude met a group that were followers of Jesus but didn't meet Jesus himself, maybe other similar instances, don't know). Assuming this is true, even if you are correct about the record keeping, it changes little. The only piece of evidence available for the case of his existence is the bible, which we all know makes a few ridiculous claims so long as we remain objective. So the odds of him having existed are still low. Let's not even talk about the miracles.

Well, we'll probably never know in an objective manner weather or not he physically walked this earth, My concern is that every query be structured to reflect it's time and circumstances surrounding such claim, eg, i object to people querying jesus like they'd do pharaoh/caeser. But at the end of the day, The person of jesus is not even my basis for being a christian, I don't know if he's black as some claim, or weather he and mary magdalen had a "thing" as some also claim, I'm more interested in the message & principle of christianity which he started. It's the most perfect of any i'd ever heard or known. shikena!!
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 4:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
Delafruita:
how come we know the mount vesuvius erupted?even an eclipse of the sun in 2AD was recorded.phiny and seneca are historians that lived during jesus time.how come we know that joshua conquered palestine in 1270BC and that alexander conquered syria in 330BC?how come we know herod became ruler of syria in 40BC and that he died in 4BC?how come we know augustus was ceasar?how come we know publius quirinius was governor of syria in 6AD?how come we know he conducted a census?how come we know pilate was a ruthless man?
perhaps because people called historians kept record.jesus wasnt just a lowly peasant,the bible claims thousands flocked to hear him.it claimed he fed 3000 and 5000.it claimed when he arrived jerusalem,the city stood sttill and people came to welcome him.it claimed he became a torment to the leading priests to the extent they sent him to antipas for trial.then to pilate,then he was crucified.but there's absolutely no record of all these in newish or roman records.the first mention of jesus by any third source came from josephus flavius in 90AD and then from pliny the younger.both men were born long after the presumed crucifixion and didnt even refer to him in the first person

Mehn.., I bow for you nairalanders o. You keep comparing jesus to states, kings, & lords. Why don't you compare to people of similar status and let's see if any pops up in the records, then you'd have a valid basis to question his existence. Do you even know that people who wrote & preserved records were paid & supported by institutions to do so??
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
buzugee: when the pharoahs ruled, they were in control of their own destiny because they were in charge and could document and record everything. when christ reigned, the jews were pretty much second class citizens . they were pretty much slaves. in subjection to roman authority. they were not in control of their own destiny. they couldnt do anything without authority from roman govt. they had no power. hence why the documentations are sparse. plus the roman authority were trying their best to shut him up, why would they then document his exploits ?
when you say the pharoah's had power,thats understandable.when you then say the jews were slaves,thats outright falsehood.syria became a tributary nation to rome after the maccabees were ejected and was allowed freedom.why else would herod the great have been able to build a temple on the ruins of solomon?it wasnt until archelaus was deposed in 6AD that rome started to have more influence in domestic affairs of the jews.besides not all historical records come from the courtesans.there were various independent historians one of which was seneca who was born in 4BC and recorded lots of history through his literary works till his death in 65AD.apparently he lived all through the time jesus supposedly lived and its only sensible to expect that he would have at least mentioned a word about jesus
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by wiegraf: 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

Well, we'll probably never know in an objective manner weather or not he physically walked this earth, My concern is that every query be structured to reflect it's time and circumstances surrounding such claim, eg, i object to people querying jesus like they'd do pharaoh/caeser. But at the end of the day, The person of jesus is not even my basis for being a christian, I don't know if he's black as some claim, or weather he and mary magdalen had a "thing" as some also claim, I'm more interested in the message & principle of christianity which he started. It's the most perfect of any i'd ever heard or known. shikena!!

The Jesus ethos at its core is really cool, especially considering the era it was conceived in. Most religion though.. I'll leave that for now
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by MrAnony1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
E_monkey:
How can your God also be seen as your senior brother? Stop the blasphemy.
The question was who Jesus is to me and not to repeat some crammed dogma. By the way, People also thought it blasphemy when Jesus talked about God as His Father.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mid-week Service & Christian Folly! / Wow !!!: One Of The Greatness Of The "Holy Quran". / What Does This Dream Mean ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.