Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,496 members, 7,865,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:13 PM

Ur Honest View Of Jesus - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ur Honest View Of Jesus (1575 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 4:46pm On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

Mehn.., I bow for you nairalanders o. You keep comparing jesus to states, kings, & lords. Why don't you compare to people of similar status and let's see if any pops up in the records, then you'd have a valid basis to question his existence. Do you even know that people who wrote & preserved records were paid & supported by institutions to do so??
obsession to the idea of jesus blinds you to all sense of reason.didnt he claim tto be king of the jews?justus lived during the time of jesus and lived in tiberia which is very close to capernaum where jesus often visited and performed miracles and he never recorded jesus despite the numerous historical accounts he penned about the jews.philon wasnt just a jewish scholar and historian,he was the leader of the jewish society in alexandria from 30-45AD and he never mentioned jesus.all accounts of jesus are by sources that never met him.luke and mark werent even his apostles and apparently never met him.why should their words about a person they never met become fact?
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
Delafruita:
obsession to the idea of jesus blinds you to all sense of reason.didnt he claim tto be king of the jews?justus lived during the time of jesus and lived in tiberia which is very close to capernaum where jesus often visited and performed miracles and he never recorded jesus despite the numerous historical accounts he penned about the jews.philon wasnt just a jewish scholar and historian,he was the leader of the jewish society in alexandria from 30-45AD and he never mentioned jesus.all accounts of jesus are by sources that never met him.luke and mark werent even his apostles and apparently never met him.why should their words about a person they never met become fact?

Again you dodge the question & try to digress but you don't fool me. So I challenge you again(this is the third time) to name anybody of about the same social status as Jesus who was ever mentioned in writing by any of these scholars, scribes and historians you'd listed above.

By the way, why would the jewish scribes & pharisees, who consider Jesus a fraud & blasphemer, want to dedicate some expensive parchments/scrolls to him?
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Delafruita(m): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
okeyxyz:

Again you dodge the question & try to digress but you don't fool me. So I challenge you again(this is the third time) to name anybody of about the same social status as Jesus who was ever mentioned in writing by any of these scholars, scribes and historians you'd listed above.
when you say same social status,dyu mean someone who performed miracles that everyone heard of?you mean someone who claimed to be king of jews?you mean another person who fed 3000 and 5000 people(not counting women and children)?or someone who faced the "trial of the century"?if jesus existed as the person the the bible claims,there would have been none like him and he would have been a topic for historians
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by okeyxyz(m): 10:17pm On Aug 11, 2012
Delafruita:
when you say same social status,dyu mean someone who performed miracles that everyone heard of?you mean someone who claimed to be king of jews?you mean another person who fed 3000 and 5000 people(not counting women and children)?or someone who faced the "trial of the century"?if jesus existed as the person the the bible claims,there would have been none like him and he would have been a topic for historians

Really? non like him? you mean there had never been magicians/miracle makers before and after him? And how many of them had ever received special note in the records unless they happen to be of noble or priestly birth? As for the "trial of the century", why would an ordinary jesus get special mention when there'd been trials of more notorious outlaws and rebels who'd led guerrilla style raids & killings on roman outposts and institutions? I'll just assume you have some "ax to grind" with jesus..

And I'm still waiting for that name.
Re: Ur Honest View Of Jesus by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 12, 2013
Jesus is My LORD and King of my Life. grin He's my everything

...now thats about me, Iono about U. But 4 ur sake I hope we Family smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch The Anti - Muslim Film (innocence Of Muslim) Directed By Sam Belice / Preachers Of Grace. Beware!!! / Spaghetti Anyone? Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.