Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? (46718 Views)

Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs / Carl Lewis Claims Usain Bolt Is On Drug / Usain Bolt Is Superhuman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:36pm On Aug 10, 2012
blink182: Until it is proven, we have nothing on him

exactly, no one denies that "Every Athlete is doing drugs" perhaps its the new illegal way - you have to get caught first - that is the LAW grin Bolts times remind me of Ben Johnson (The Greatest Drug-Cheat Athlete of all times) the finest 100-mtr dash never to be seen again
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by naturalwaves: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
aribisala0: What the article tells us,if we accept it,is that testing for cheats is limited and it is quite easy to beat the best tests.
If this were true this facility is available to everyone.
The facility to cheat undetected is available to everyone NOT just Bolt.
BOLT can NEVER prove he is not cheating and it would be ridiculous to ask him to.
Rather those who accuse him should prove he is. If they say well the tests are a joke and want us to ASSUME he is then we must assume EVERYONE is not just BOLT which still leaves us with the conclusion he is the BEST.

Why are no white people even making it to the Finals of the 100m can't they cheat too?
We heard Maradona once tested positive for cocaine.
If cocaine was all it takes to be a Maradona then the poster here should be a great footballer

Bravo! Intelligence at it's peak!

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by temmytanny(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
personally,i belive he is on un detectable drugs for nw bt time wil tell.have u questiond he always av a slow start and slows down wen abt to finish?bolt cn run 9.30sec if he wants bt i dnt think its technology bt dope.marian jones for 8years undetectd n griffty joyner 100 n 200m record un broken til date,if its technology n nt drugs then it ought to av bn broken after 24years of beta and advance technology.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by asidere(m): 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
I think he can be using performance enhancing drugs,but because of corruption in the testing process, they we say he is free from ban substance. Usain bolt is a marketable product in this olympics.do you know how much he has made for the organisers of this competition.As a business pundit,you don't throw away a maketable asset such as usain bolt whether drug use or not
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by stupor(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
If IAAF could award Nigerian 4x100 relay team their medals several Olympics years after this present one with even a member of the then team dead over allegations that another team member of the winning country,USA if I may be right was involved in a performance induced doping charge which he got guilty of making Nigeria the successive Medal winner.

So who is Usain compared to a full relay US team as regards a suspicious doping charge,you can bet US IAAF Agencies would be the first to investigate. !

So the reference point is,it's absolutely impossible for the doping Agencies not to have been able to unclad Usain Bolt's antics for this long a time-period.

If Ben Johnson,the american in the relay team and many other top new athletes could be unravelled off their doping influences,then who the hell is Usain Bolt.

In fact Marion Jones was more bigger to not have been exposed as only the conglomerate of highly rated Media spends expensively to trail the movements and alibi day in day out of top-rated Athletes as Michael phelps,Usain Bolt,Blake,Tyson Gay,Felix Allyson and so on because of its economic and political influences.

If there were. Chances of doping with Bolt with would had long been discovered.

Need you know also that doping offence now comes also with a stringent jail term and offcourse a stripped-off winning Title with hard labour so majority of these athletes now know its full repercussion !
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Arogboojo: 1:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
Guys, good question

Am an athlete before! believe me there is a limit to which am athlete can run. don't be shocked all the 100m finalist used performance enhancing drug, the person that won do more assignment than other in terms of drug.

I tell pple it is not height that bolt is using, Ben Johnson is a shot man, Maurice green is moderate height they both have set world record in 100m.

when an athlete is running from 10.1**, 10.00s, or 9s is on drug. you might not believe this look at Michael Johnson, he won 400m @ 43.19s and 200m @ 19.32s @ Atlanta 1996 and immediately he resign.

Even IAAF know,
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Tstark(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
So if Bolt is cheating, who isnt? If we are to go by this theory, then does it mean that all winners are dopers and anyone that looses is clean? I no know o

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by yomz1e(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
The fact is this! if you not good no amount of steroid you take will enhance your strength.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Kk4(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
I had my suspicion especially during the 200m. He would have easily broken d record but he had to slow down at d end of the race because he dnt want to draw more attention to 'breaking two world record in an Olympic'..
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Kelskelly(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
Na wah o. I'm sure this article came from Americans. They just can't stand the fact that the world's greatest sprinter is not American. First Carl Lewis said his own, now this. When Mariod Jones was on top, there was never an article. When maurice Greene who always looked to be high on steriods was on top, no one said anything. I've lost my respect for American athletes.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by yomz1e(m): 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
carpenter managing sprinter........lol! like Angel Micheal managing the demons! grin grin grin grin
stupor:

You see Olisah,I think your IQ is really low,do you expect Usain Bolt to be managed by a Carpenter,Mechanic or an Engineer ?

Is it not because of lack of fundamental basic professional qualities that affects the pack of Athletes and Nigerian sportsmen and women presently.

When you hire a carpenter to manage a sprinter how would you expect the carpenter to identify the approved banned substances.

You really lack a very low IQ,it's people like you that spoiled the Nigerian thriving sporting Industry.

Can you imagine this person here,questioning why a Chemist manages a sports person,no ! Na carpenter for manage am.

OLODO !

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by logica(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
shadrach77: he might be using drigs or how can one explain a situation where he deliberately slowed down during yesterday's 2-- metre final when he had an opportunity to break his record again? That might be a deliberate ploy to avoid breaking the record so as not to attract attention to himself as in the case of Ben Johnson in 1988 grin grin grin
Nope. That was a ploy to break the record at the World Athletics meet where he stands to win more money by breaking the record.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by yomz1e(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
CARL LEWIS IS CERTIFIED GAY BASTARD!!! how can a man have such eyebrows and feminine features! same as BEN Johnson
Shaw007: even me sef
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by andyanders: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Zip_up: Usain Bolt can not possibly be a drug cheat.He is a natural athlete...a uniquely built speed machine.
Besides, Looking at the way he celebrate his victories, you can easily tell he has nothing to hide.He is simply a banana eating bush boy from Jamaica who is good at running...a gift he probably developed from many years of chasing antelopes in the carribean jungle.

Thank you for your comment here. Let bad belle here be thinking negatively. To me , Bolt is real.He worked for his success.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by asidere(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
Olisa74:

For starters, I didn't write the article, I just quoted it. If Bolt is really superman as you and many believe, then why does he have a chemist as a coach?
Your dog will not live long enough to be a witness when the poop hits the fan, but hopefully you and I will.
And no Sir Alex is not willing to sign him because he knows it is all just a show being witnessed by a vulnerable public.
i just imagined usain bolt playing for manchester united,if he is a goal keeper,it would be difficult for strikers to score him. And if he is a midfielder,defender or striker he will score the fastest goal in soccer history.MAN UNITED will be unstopable
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by andyanders: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
Kelskelly: Na wah o. I'm sure this article came from Americans. They just can't stand the fact that the world's greatest sprinter is not American. First Carl Lewis said his own, now this. When Mariod Jones was on top, there was never an article. When maurice Greene who always looked to be high on steriods was on top, no one said anything. I've lost my respect for American athletes.

[b]That's America for you. Play ordinary checkers with any of them and you defeat them, they will be amazed and be wondering how come you defeated them. An America person wants to be on top of anything and once you start doing amazing things, you are a threat and he wants to find out who come.[/b]
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Thorpe85(f): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
Its funny that we are questioning usain bolt,David Rushida of Kenya broke the world record yesterday,making it the second time he's broken d WR and no one has said anything.

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by yomz1e(m): 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
Carl Lewis should suspect the Kenyan Athletes too...or the Ethiopians

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by mejai(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
simply agree wit me.... Bolt is a 6.2litre, V8 turbo-charged jamaican machine. He does 0-100 meters in 9.6 secs, and brakes in 3.2secs. I need to buy dis machine. ;Dsimply agree wit me.... Bolt is a 6.2litre, V8 turbo-charged jamaican machine. He does 0-100 meters in 9.6 secs, and brakes in 3.2secs. I need to buy dis machine.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
I always suspected Flo-Jo and Carl Lewis, that didn't make them guilty. Bolt is innocent till proven guilty. So let's all say BOLT.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
semid4lyfe: I doubt all these accusations would have been made if Bolt were American.

Me thinks the Americans are just sore over losing their dominance of the sprints hence the resort to this mudslinging and trying to undermine his achievements.

It's no coincidence one of the first peeps to allude to his use of PEDs was Carl Lewis. Anyway, nothing stays hidden under the sun forever, so if he's using PEDs, it'd be revealed sooner or later

Until then, he's innocent. . . . .

Don't mind them. If anyone is doing well and isn't from USA, then he must be on drugs. See as they want to kill the Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen and now bolt. When they did it and dominated for years, none of them said anything. I still remember Barcelona '92 when Carl Lewis ran last in the relay, that guys celebration was Sky High d.ope influenced. No one spoke. When Phelps won lots of Gold medals, was that normal.

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by staffingx: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
temmytanny: personally,i belive he is on un detectable drugs for nw bt time wil tell.have u questiond he always av a slow start and slows down wen abt to finish?bolt cn run 9.30sec if he wants bt i dnt think its technology bt dope.marian jones for 8years undetectd n griffty joyner 100 n 200m record un broken til date,if its technology n nt drugs then it ought to av bn broken after 24years of beta and advance technology.

at that pace if he does not slow down he could suffer cadiac arrest,

remember what lions do after a high chase hunt over a short distance!
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2012

Is it only them that must win. Please leave BOLT alone.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by supaeagles(m): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
yes, he is 'performance enhancing' with jamaican eba!!
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
twinstaiye: Who else can write such articles except an expert in the area of doping. The writer of that article must have been surpirsed that there is someone somewhere that can still beat athletes whom he is sure are using drugs and that Usain Bolt isnt among those known to him. Or better still, he might have been surprised that there is someone somewhere who can beat those he is aware are using drugs and find it difficult to belief Usain Bolt isnt using drugs. Has anyone noticed the antecedents of Tyson Gay before 100M races? My wife always argue he is on drugs, because no normal person behave such way. Now, has he ever failed any drug tests?
What I am sayin ghere is that, Bolt isnt on drugs, let the sleeping dogs lie, he is good, and that is it. I was reading this morning about him saying he had lost all the respect for Carl Lewis, I am beginning to too. The fact that US doesnt win gold medal in both 100M and 200M doesnt mean they should be starting a conspiracy theory of Bolt using drugs. Must US be the only one to set the standard of best sprinters? I bet after this Olympic, if China beat them on the medal table, they will start making noises again about there athletes taking drugs, which had already started anyway.

Thanx, I wish you and your wife can take a look at 1:45 of this video. If Carl Lewis eyes is not like someone that has deyed well. grin Carl Lewis can't believe someone can be good without drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjJsJzJvXo
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Gozzzy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
but, lyk seriously,which one concern u? Weda he smoke weed go, or smoke grass, or even smoke grinded pepper,com remain steroid,which one join u? No go arrange ur life,u dey jinja about anoda dude own! Bad belle! Mtchew angrybut, lyk seriously,which one concern u? Weda he smoke weed go, or smoke grass, or even smoke grinded pepper,com remain steroid,which one join u? No go arrange ur life,u dey jinja about anoda dude own! Bad belle! Mtchew

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by mrperfect(m): 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
The guy is good.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by rume(m): 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
K,k:
I had my suspicion especially during the 200m. He would have easily broken d record but he had to slow down at d end of the race because he dnt want to draw more attention to 'breaking two world record in an Olympic'..

He would not have broken the world record!
If anything, he had a good start and in my opinion won it with his start because he was more tense than usual towards the end of the race.
...and he's already broken two world records at the olympics anyway.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Don't mind them. If anyone is doing well and isn't from USA, then he must be on drugs.

But to be fair, the Americans hound their own athletes too.

Remember Lance Armstrong, the American Cyclist and 7 times record Tour-De-France winner?

Despite retiring from professional cycling, the US Anti-doping Authorities are still on his case and have even charged him to court over doping allegations despite him never testing positive.

thegoodjoehunt:
See as they want to kill the Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen and now bolt. When they did it and dominated for years, none of them said anything.

The reason why Ye Shiwen performance in this Olympics is raising so many eyebrows is because she's returned faster time than the men.

In the final of the 400m individual medley, she swam the last 50m freestyle even faster than the American male swimmer Ryan Lochte did in the Men's event. shocked

How is this possible? I mean it stands to reason that a **top class professional** male swimmer with stronger arm and leg muscles will swim faster than a female, abi you disagree? undecided

Anyways, like I said earlier. . .any athlete accused of using PEDs is innocent until proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by toluxe0075: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
*Coughs* micheal phelps is also on drugs, dat 15yrs old chinese girl is just at her best, forget dat she beat the men's tym, who say dat women can't run 9.6s tym wil tell, dat chinese girl has open d way 4 dat.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
If he can avoid detection, then what stops other athletes from doing the same. If everyone is on steroids, then the results will be the same if none of them were on steroids
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Naijamericana: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
Olisa74: IS OLYMPIC SPRINTER USAIN BOLT ON STEROIDS?

As we prepare to watch the 2012 Olympic Track and Field events, all eyes are squarely on Jamaican sprinter and world record holder Usain Bolt to see if he can match or surpass his blindingly fast times from the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008. But does anyone care to investigate whether the world’s greatest sprinter — Usain Bolt is on steroids?

Usain Bolt’s Record Breaking History
In those 2008 Games, Bolt shocked the world by smashing the world record in the 100m and 200m races, becoming the first sprinter to ever crack the 9.7s barrier by running a 9.69s (including the early celebration that began 5m prior to the finish line) in the 100m and a 19.30s in the 200m. The following year at the 2009 World Championships, Bolt lowered his time in the 100m to a seemingly impossible 9.58s and in the 200m to a mind-numbing 19.19s.

The Case in Favor of Usain Bolt’s Steroid Use
In the three years since smashing two of the most famous world records in 2009, we haven’t heard much from Usain Bolt. Rumors of injuries and relationships kept him largely out of the public eye until he re-appeared on the scene at the 2011 World Championships, where he ran a more modest 19.40s in the 200m before anchoring a world record-breaking 400m relay for the Jamaican Team.
Since 2009, Bolt hasn’t come close to touching any of his records and his performance at the 2012 Olympic Trials (in which he ran a mortal 9.86s in the 100m and 19.83s in the 200m) seemed to indicate that his best times are well behind him.
But that would ignore the entire process of steroid cycling.

As everyone who understands steroids knows, athletes utilize Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs) pursuant to a cycle that seeks to slowly elevate testosterone and growth hormone levels (and corresponding to an increase in performance) to a peak that is concurrent with a competition.

How Usain Bolt and other Olympic Sprinters Can Beat Olympic Drug Testing
A typical PED cycle would begin 12 weeks out from competition with the target date being the day prior to or of the competition. Along with the use of undetectable steroids and daily growth hormone injections, the athlete would also have his blood drawn on a daily basis to monitor his testosterone and rhGH ratios in an effort to keep them within Olympic World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) testing limits. Close monitoring of these ratios allow an Olympic sprinter such as Bolt to both use PEDs up to the day of competition while still comfortably submitting to multiple drug tests.

This isn’t evidence particular to Usain Bolt, as it could just as easily describe the protocol that every Olympic sprinter is using to pass the drug tests. However, it is mentioned simply to point out how easily Olympic athletes are able to pass an Olympic-level drug test, even with the highest levels of scrutiny. The bottom line is that if an athlete is within the permissible testosterone and rhGH ratios, he is deemed clean. The reality is that any athlete who doesn’t maximize his testosterone and rhGH levels to the maximum permissible level has no chance of breaking a world record.
For example, let’s assume that a talented NCAA sprinter has a testosterone ratio (testosterone: epitestosterone) of 1:1 which is considered normal, or average. The current WADA guidelines permit a ratio of up to 4:1. Given the fact that the only way for an NCAA sprinter to make any money sprinting is to win international competitions and garner endorsements, what reason could that NCAA sprinter possibly have for NOT quadrupling his testosterone ratio up to the maximum of 4:1? Using a number of undetectable steroid compounds, that same athlete would presumably see a major improvement in his sprint times without ever ‘testing positive’.

And this is the folly of drug testing: It gives ‘dirty’ athletes all the ammunition they need to proclaim themselves ‘clean’ — replete with Olympic level testing results.

Passing an Olympic Drug Test Does Not Make Usain Bolt ‘Clean’
The worst argument that anyone can make for Usain Bolt being a clean athlete is that he has yet to fail a steroid or other drug test, despite being subjected to rigorous drug testing protocols.

The reality is that most Olympic athletes have their blood levels so closely monitored that only an egregious miscalculation in the timing of a steroid injection or use of a masking agent (i.e. diuretics) to dilute the levels of a steroid within the blood would result in a positive test. This is the only reason why we rarely see positive tests for Olympic level athletes.

International steroid expert Anthony Roberts told Muscleweek: “With regards to fooling the Olympic drug tests, many of the same loopholes that existed ten to twenty years ago still exist today. Until those loopholes are closed, there will always be a shadow of doubt falling on the Olympics.”
Roberts continued, “Testosterone, hGH and most of the other highly potent anabolics are virtually undetectable — when we see a positive test and a tearfully apologetic athlete, he or she probably represents less than 1% of those who are actually using banned substances.”

Olympic Drug Testing is a Joke
United States Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones proudly proclaimed that she passed more than 160 drug tests in her career. The fact remains that she won three gold medals at the 2000 Olympics while passing the supposedly stringent requirements of Olympic WADA testing.

And yet, despite breaking world records in the 100m and 200m sprints; despite being romantically involved with and coached by Olympic shot-putter CJ Hunter who tested positive for steroids four times leading up to the 2000 Olympics and was subsequently banned by the ITAF; despite being romantically involved with and coached by Olympic sprinter Tim Montgomery who tested positive for steroids and was subsequently banned; despite training under track coach Trevor Graham who has been banned for life from track and field; and despite her affiliation with BALCO Labs and the insistence of BALCO president Victor Conte who admitted to injecting Marion Jones with steroids, the general public and sports ‘journalists’ were still gullible enough to believe that Marion Jones was in fact, a ‘clean athlete.’ As Marion Jones proved, testing ‘clean’ means absolutely nothing.

Usain Bolt’s Track ‘Coach’ is a Steroid Expert
Interestingly (and perhaps damningly) in making a case against Usain Bolt, a fact that is often ignored is that the man who worked with Victor Conte at Balco Labs and later testified against CJ Hunter, Tim Montgomery, Marion Jones, and yes — current 2012 U.S. Olympic sprinter Justin Gatlin– was a man by the name of Angel Heredia. Prior to working at BALCO, Angel Heredia was a national discus champion for Mexico. In the case against BALCO and Graham, he is referred to as ‘Source A’ and his testimony against BALCO athletes in verifying the documents that detailed the drug schedules for those athletes was crucial in obtaining convictions or confessions from those individuals.

But BALCO drug guru Angel Heredia never served a day in prison.
Even more suspiciously, sometime after 2008, Angel Heredia legally changed his name to Angel Hernandez.

Pop Quiz: Why would Angel Heredia change his name to Angel Hernandez?
Answer: Usain Bolt hired the new incarnation of Angel Heredia to become his track ‘coach’ in 2009. Unfortunately for Mr. Heredia, Google Search can be a terrible thing for a man with a past like Angel.Bolt’s Coach is more of a Chemist than a Coach

According to the New York Times, Usain Bolt’s track coach Angel Hernandez has referred to himself as a chemist, scientist and nutritionist.
Pop Quiz #2: Why would the world’s top ‘natural’ sprinter need the services of a chemist affiliated with BALCO and multiple dirty sprinters?
Answer: A logical response would be that Usain Bolt isn’t any more ‘clean’ than Marion Jones, Justin Gatlin, Ben Johnson, Tim Montgomery, or even Jamaican-born U.S. sprinter Debbie Dunn — who bowed out of the 2012 Olympics just days prior to the opening ceremonies when she tested positive for a testosterone derivative.

Logic would seem to dictate that sprinters need sprint coaches, not chemists. But no, Usain Bolt needs a chemist.
Just as those aforementioned sprinters who have broken track records before have.
Because a great sprint coach could never help a track athlete as much as a great chemist can. Here’s more from Usain’s ‘coach’ explaining his precise skill set as it applies to ‘coaching’ in that 2008 interview:

SPIEGEL: So you became a therapist for the athletes in matters of drugs?
Heredia: More like a coach. Together we found out what was good for which body and what the decomposition times were. I designed schedules for cocktails and regimens that depended on the money the athletes offered me. Street drugs for little money, designer drugs for tens of thousands. Usually I sent the drugs by mail, but sometimes the athletes came to me.

Still not convinced? Consider this New York Times article from 2008 that documented how Angel Heredia (Hernandez) was on the payroll of no less than 12 Olympic level athletes, including Olympic Gold Medalist Sprinter Maurice Greene (detecting a pattern here, no?):

In recent interviews with The New York Times, Mr. Heredia described how and with whom he worked, sharing copies of records that appear to link him to many of the best sprinters of the last decade. Those records include e-mail exchanges of doping regimens, canceled checks, telephone recordings, shipping records, laboratory readings of blood and urine samples, and Justice Department documents.

Among his clients, Mr. Heredia identified 12 athletes who had won a combined 26 Olympic medals and 21 world championships. Four of the 12 athletes, including Ms. Jones, had been named and barred from competition for illicit drug use. Eight of the 12 — notably, the sprinter Maurice Greene — have never been previously linked to performance-enhancing drugs.

Mr. Greene, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and a five-time world champion, has never failed a drug test.

Mr. Heredia showed The Times a copy of a bank transaction form showing a $10,000 wire transfer from a Maurice Greene to a relative of Mr. Heredia’s; two sets of blood-test lab reports with Mr. Greene’s name and age on them; and an e-mail message from a close friend and track-club teammate of Mr. Greene’s, attaching one of the lab reports and saying, “Angel, this is maurices results sorry it took so long.

Why would an athlete’s own ‘coach’, errr,  I mean ‘chemist’ be testing his own athlete’s blood?
Well,  if you believe the ‘coaches’, it’s to analyze the blood and determine if there are any deficits in any areas that may need to be addressed. But a chemist would just tell you that it’s to confirm that the testosterone and ghGH ratios are within the legal limits. Who would you believe?

Would you believe Usain Bolt’s coach? If so, then you might want to consider this, from the same Times Article:
Mr. Heredia, 33, a former Mexican national discus champion, is a secretive figure on the track circuit who describes himself as a chemist, scientist and nutritionist. The son of a chemist, Mr. Heredia received an undergraduate degree in kinesiology from Texas A&M in Kingsville, records show.
He said he used family connections to pharmacies and labs in Mexico to help his business. For years, Mr. Heredia said, he helped his clients flout the rules and easily avoided detection. Substances like human growth hormone and the blood booster erythropoietin, or EPO, are still virtually impossible to detect, and “it is still easy to use testosterone” with fast-acting creams, he said.
“You combine all these things — boom! — you get amazing results,” Mr. Heredia said.

Amazing, indeed. Earlier today, Usain Bolt just became the first Olympic athlete to repeat winning Gold in the 100m and 200m sprints. His times of 9.63s in the 100m and 19.32 in the 200m are his best times since the 2009 World Championships and after his 200m victory, he boldly declared that he is “the greatest athlete who ever lived.”

It probably doesn’t hurt that he just happens to have “the greatest chemist who ever lived” right there in his corner

Source:

http://www.muscleweek.com/is-usain-bolt-on-steroids

Stupid article angry sad shocked embarassed undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Mikel Obi And Family In The Pool / Danny Williams: Beating Mike Tyson Was A Dream Come True / Victor Osimhen To Replace Cristiano Ronaldo At Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.