Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? (46725 Views)

Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs / Carl Lewis Claims Usain Bolt Is On Drug / Usain Bolt Is Superhuman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
semid4lyfe:

But to be fair, the Americans hound their own athletes too.

Remember Lance Armstrong, the American Cyclist and 7 times record Tour-De-France winner?

Despite retiring from professional cycling, the US Anti-doping Authorities are still on his case and have even charged him to court over doping allegations despite him never testing positive.

The reason why Ye Shiwen performance in this Olympics is raising so many eyebrows is because she's returned faster time than the men.

In the final of the 400m individual medley, she swam the last 50m freestyle even faster than the American male swimmer Ryan Lochte did in the Men's event. shocked

How is this possible? I mean it stands to reason that a **top class professional** male swimmer with stronger arm and leg muscles will swim faster than a female, abi you disagree? undecided

Anyways, like I said earlier. . .any athlete accused of using PEDs is innocent until proven guilty.

Only thing constant in life is change. If Ye Shiwen is innocent, do you know how she will feel. I remember when I made an excellent grade in secondary school in a music test. The teacher accused me of copying. I felt bad because I really worked hard for that test. Many still thought I cheated and I was so hurt. Let us not accuse anyone one of doping till they are caught.

As for Lance's case, they might just be trying to make themselves look innocent after they whole world knew the obvious.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by smoothcrim2090: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Don't accuse anyone of cheat without any evidence.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by PBundles(m): 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
Let me say that NOBODY knows if Bolt is cheating or not. His body doesnt resemble one on anabolic steroids which is what he would be taking as he does sprints, unlike what the distance runner or bikers in like the tour de france would need (oxygen induced assistance). He is not very muscled. I personally think he is freak of nature. At that height, with that kind of coordination, pure physics would confirm the fact that he is winning. The thing is that we have never seen someone that tall with such coordination.

What I find funny are the accusations coming from Carl Lewis. I guy I USED TO, I say USED To have in high regard until the last couple of years. Reason is that there was a documentary shown some years back ( IM sure you can see it on youtube) where the US Olympic committee more or less rigged the 1984 games. It turned out that since they were holding the games and the previous one held in Moscow had been a drug induced fiasco, they didnt want to be shamed and wanted to make sure their guys werent cheating. Guess what, what they found out scared them, many of them were cheating, so they actually stopped the test. The reason was simple, the tests they had back then could not detect the TYPE of enhancement drug, BUT could see that one was cheating based on the amount of water in ones urine. It would have been hard to press charges since athletes could ask, OK if Im cheating, what drug am I using. So they abandoned it. Many year later, when the testing was better they went back to the monsters they had and guess what.... and I quote the gentlemen... WE SIMPLY STOPPED BECAUSE EVERY VIAL WE PICKED UP MORE OR LESS CAME UP POSTITIVE.

The US in typical arrogant form feel that they are the only ones that DESERVE TO WIN and when they lose then the other team MUST HAVE CHEATED. Let me give you some food for thought.

Florence Griffith Joyner (RIP) died at 38 in her sleep. Her records set in 1984 still stand today, 28 years later! Even the convicted drug user Marion Jones couldn’t touch her records. Her record of 10.49 for the 100m will probably never be broken. Why is the US not talking about that? It was obvious to everyone back then she was on something, but hey she was wearing the read white and blue so no issue. Even when she died, the wanted to test for steroid and the coroner said there wasn’t enough urine in her bladder at her death or testing available to make it reliable. Even Carl Lewis thats talking exhibited characteristics of one taking steroids. He used braces back then (jaw line grows out of whack and the teeth get screwed up) which is very common for steroid users. Let me remind you to have a look at his pictures back when he competed. He had a bad case of acne also common for drug users. When they interviewed Ben Johnson on why he used it, his exact words were cus everyone was including the elite athletes and everyone knew. Now go and have a look at the number of banned athletes in history in all sports and guess who takes the GOLD MEDAL. Hypocrits.

And the reason...................MONEY! Thats what this is all about. Usain Bolts wins guarantees him USD 20MM this year alone in endorsements. With that kind of money going around, you know you will have cheaters.

I say until its proven, F.. Off. When Jamaica was taking second in track events I didn’t see the US complain. Usain competes in events all over the world so he will get tested. Usain beat the US so go and sleep and Jamaica swept the 200 so go and train harder and stop being a sore loser.

3 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Only thing constant in life is change. If Ye Shiwen is innocent, do you know how she will feel. I remember when I made an excellent grade in secondary school in a music test. The teacher accused me of copying. I felt bad because I really worked hard for that test. Many still thought I cheated and I was so hurt. Let us not accuse anyone one of doping till they are caught.

Touche!. . .and I agree that's why I said any athlete accused of using PEDs is innocent until proven guilty but I couldn't help noticing you ignored the question I posed.

thegoodjoehunt:
As for Lance's case, they might just be trying to make themselves look innocent after they whole world knew the obvious.

You do realise Lance "could" be stripped off of his 7 Tour-De-France titles right?. . .and the shame & stigma is better imagined.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by PBundles(m): 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
O yeah by the way, Mr Lewis WAS caught with stmulants in Seoul, but claimed it was in his tea O At the time the banned substance was on the list so he was guilty, but they argued his case and guess what it was removed years later from the list so that it wouldnt tarnish his legacy. What a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Touche!. . .and I agree that's why I said and any athlete accused of using PEDs is innocent until proven guilty but I couldn't help noticing you ignored the question I posed.

You do realise Lance "could" be stripped off of his 7 Tour-De-France titles right?. . .and the shame & stigma is better imagined.

Till his stripped off his titles, I won't bulge and Lance ain't no sprinter or swimmer. That is where America has dominated for years and nothing was done. Now they are being spanked, the others are guilty. Even that Michael Johnson. By the way if Carl Lewis and Flo-Jo are guilty, what will happen. How come we don't see articles popping up accusing them of Drug induced performances?
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by edey2real: 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
To hell with America and haters. U all should f**k off.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by miky(m): 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
Olisa74: People please wake up and smell the coffee. What This guy is doing and how he is doing it, is just not normal.

dude has always been fast, go check out videos of his teenage years 13-16.. except u believe he was on steroids then too

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by gsmgold: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by ayusco: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
@pbundles guy u so rite usain bolts perfomances since he started running 100m hav been consistent and if for argument sake he 'cheated'then he must b one hell of a genius who can beat every single test. Carl lewis pointing fingers is so laughable instead of him to thank his lucky stars he was neva caught

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by UyiIredia(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
I don't think Bolt uses drugs. He's the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by decogrin(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Are you a hater? Give it up bro!

By the way, what stops the other athletes from using this seemingly undetectable means of enhancement? or is this formula available to bolt alone? stop hating super achievers, learn to cheer them.
Seriously,this post has 'hate' written all over it,you are on point bro"By the way, what stops the other athletes from using this seemingly undetectable means of enhancement? or is this formula available to bolt alone"? You took those words outta ma mouth!you can only run as fast as your legs can take you,it begs the question,Will a high on PED obinna metu beats bolt in an 100m race or beat his 9.63 seconds?i seriously doubt it @OP, some athletes are just so talented that it seems unreal or extraterrestrial, you don't av A choice than to give it up to them,its like someone saying Messi being treated HGH drugs made him this good,casting a shadow on his football ability..
@rhino! Your comment is top-notch bro! I think i will follow you more often...one Love

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Olisa74(m): 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
"He makes me skeptical," Pound, the former head of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) said on Thursday afternoon. "It's short of suspicion: I would never go out and say I'm suspicious of his results, but they're so remarkable that even though he is 6-foot-whatever-he-is and runs like a cat rather than a tank in the old steroidal model, the improvement is so far off the curve that you have to wonder if it's entirely natural. I hope it is -- but you wonder. That's the price you pay for allowing this doping to get out of control."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/olympics/2012/writers/sl_price/08/10/2012-olympics-doping/index.html#ixzz23AfpMKpt
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by vislabraye(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
People like conspiracy theory. Why is the issue of drug coming up now? Is Usain Bolt more advantaged than other athletes? If certain amount of hgh or steroid ratio (all the technical stuffs) is allowed by the Olympic committee, why blame Bolt? Or are you people trying to say that he wasn't subjected to rigorous scrutiny? Other athletes would definitely be taking similar cocktail. Don't forget that the American ran 100 meters in less than 9.79 seconds.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Solozzo(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
semid4lyfe: I doubt all these accusations would have been made if Bolt were American.

Me thinks the Americans are just sore over losing their dominance of the sprints hence the resort to this mudslinging and trying to undermine his achievements.

It's no coincidence one of the first peeps to allude to his use of PEDs was Carl Lewis. Anyway, nothing stays hidden under the sun forever, so if he's using PEDs, it'd be revealed sooner or later

Until then, he's innocent. . . . .

Interestingly no expert. Has been able to say what is the limit speed a human being can run without PEDS. untill proven a PED user it would make no sense to accuse Bolt. He has interesting features enhancing his speed too...long legs a hyperactive physiology, early beginnings of achievement as junior champ and a history of both parents being amatuer runners as well as growing up in a country where there is a huge hype about becoming legend and most of all, an easy going attitude that reduces anxiety.

Let's. Not forget that there are more sensitive modern equipment to test for PEDs now. Only time will tell. But for now Usain Bolt is the fastest man in the universe and a great inspiration to many

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Solozzo(m): 9:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
What is the fastest speed a man can run withou drugs? If people did 100m in 10s in the 60s and 70s how fast can we go now with better training facilities and understanding of uman physiology and equipment and psychological supports. I won't be surprised if someone does 100m
In 9s in the next 20years with no PEDs.

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by tushbobo(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
Of course bolt is using performance enhancing drugs.Thats normal in this sport.But unfortunately no one can prove it till maybe 10 years time.Sorry about that
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by cap28: 10:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
who knows - the olympics is rigged and full of corruption, anything is possible, so many things about this olympics have raised question marks in my mind, we will never know the truth.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by logica(m): 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2012
I hope you are also wondering how the US Women 4X400 relay team were able to shave 0.55 seconds off the world record? Must be drugs o!
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
Personally I believe he is using PED to train and extend his body limits... then during competitions he makes sure that he is of the drugs!
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Adechyno(m): 12:03am On Aug 11, 2012
@Op: Hating gets you no-where' Av a safe trip...
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by wordychap: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2012
of course bolt's on drugs, likewise Messi, but inasmuch as they've not been tested positive, leave d heroes; other competitors could as well be using performance enhancers.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
A interesting article which provides much food for thought.

It is difficult to make a call on the allegations made, even though they seem entirely plausible if one considers the following excerpt - taken from Yohan Blake's wiki page.

Prior to the 2009 World Championships, Blake (along with Marvin Anderson and Sheri-Ann Brooks) tested positive for the stimulant 4-Methyl-2-hexanamine.[16][17] A disciplinary panel organised by the Jamaica Anti-Doping Commission (JADCO) cleared him of a doping infraction on the grounds that the drug was not on the World Anti-Doping Agency's banned list. However, JADCO appealed their own panel's ruling, stating that the athlete should be disciplined as the drug was similar in structure to the banned substance tuaminoheptane.[18] As the panel would resolve the issue after the World Championships, the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association took the precaution of withdrawing Blake from the relay race.[19] The appeals tribunal decided that a ban would be appropriate, and Blake and the three other sprinters each received a three month ban from competition.[20]
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by shadrach77: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
eGuerrilla: A interesting article which provides much food for thought.

It is difficult to make a call on the allegations made, even though they seem entirely plausible if one considers the following excerpt - taken from Yohan Blake's wiki page.

an interesting piece there, which reinforces the fact that ALL athletes uses drugs. They are ALL drug users. What they are not allowed to use are BANNED drugs, so Bolt or any other athlete cannot come to say "we don't use drugs" cheesy wink smiley
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by aribisala0(m): 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
shadrach77:
an interesting piece there, which reinforces the fact that ALL athletes uses drugs. They are ALL drug users. What they are not allowed to use are BANNED drugs, so Bolt or any other athlete cannot come to say "we don't use drugs" cheesy wink smiley

What an earth-shattering revelation;

What they are not allowed to use are BANNED drugs,.

Thanks for sharing this secret with us

I must remember this whenever I travel through an airport,JUST the banned ones cheesy
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by shilling(f): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
What about Michael Phelps? Is he doping too?.Oh nevermind, he's American so we can't suspect him.

Flo-jo is still the world's fastest woman and as far as I know, she didn't dope. Talent + hardwork = success.

I want to be so good at whatever I do that people start to suspect that somethin is off somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
tellwisdom: Msdarskin has given him weed

I only gave him your share because you weren't answering your phone.
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 12, 2012
All the Olympic Athletes are Doping,Some just have better drugs than Others, End of Thread/

My personal Favorite tongue Sandra Perković tongue

Female Discus Gold Winner.....What a Mammoth Of A Chemical Freak this Croatian White Woman has become.

Phat azz, Huge Arms...Thick Thighs..Super Aggression, Unlimited Stamina.

Legalize Peds, you might as well. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqx_AjqQO4Q

2 Likes

Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2012
Oh yeah huh, so somebody likes Sandra's White Booty Besides me ehhh? tongue 1:59-3:01..she is killing those blue shorts

Then check out 4:55~5:00

{{{{ grin }}}} Sandra so Nasty..Uhhhhhhh cheesy
Re: Usain Bolt Is Using Performance Enhancing Drugs? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2012
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photo Of Mikel Obi And Family In The Pool / Danny Williams: Beating Mike Tyson Was A Dream Come True / Victor Osimhen To Replace Cristiano Ronaldo At Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.