Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

LASU Graduates.... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Graduates.... (5248 Views)

LASU Students Protest The Increment Of Fees From N25,000 To N250,000 / Lasu: Lagos University Gets New Vice Chancellor / Post Ume Questions For Lasu, Unilag,oau,uniben And Futa Avaliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Graduates.... by chinweub: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2012
If you are irritated by my post ...forgive.

However, i need advice from LASU graduates who have collected their degree result.

Fasts according to my sister:

1. Year of admission 2004/2005

2. year of final degree exam 2008/2009 

3. graduation year 2008/2009 

4. Direct entry admission

5. LASU had last convocation June 2012

6. Campus Isolo

7. Department: Accounting

Please, is there any truth that senate had to convene again before she(my sister) can collect her degree result/certificate?

I really need info , advice and insight from good folks with insight into LASU operation............. is it this complicated to collect final result from LASU

There is all kinds of ugly stories of university students and strange admission.....

There has been financial involvement ....first 75K, next 40k, now 30k
Re: LASU Graduates.... by chinweub: 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2012
Wow ...No LASU alumni in Nairaland?

Moderator ...please can you help me with front page!!!

I really need information on this
Re: LASU Graduates.... by omidan21: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
Hell noooo.it aiint complicated at all to get ur final year result.I recently graduated from lasu mathematics department early dis year.I did my convocation june.en even before then I had already collected my notification of result.I just came back from service last month en I went straight to lasu to collect my certificate cause I heard they were ready.lo en behold my certificate is with me already.all u need do is to get the clearance form from the ICT and I hope u are being cleared already by the senate.when u are done with signing all d levels in the clearance form then u proceed to the ICT where u get ur notification of result under 30mins-1hour.that's how its been done for we full time students.I dnt know abt part time.but first thing first is to make sure that u are being cleared by d senate en also d month u were cleared.I hope dis info is a lil bit helpful
Re: LASU Graduates.... by Borlahr(m): 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
Its possible she frame up and its possible she say the truth. The fact remains, sometimes when LASU were having internal strike, all system was disrupted. But, for her last exams since 2008/09, she might have Xtra-year to be completed b4 she is been cleared to graduate from the university system. To ascertain events, get a copy of the 2012 Graduation Brochure to confirm if her sets has graduated or still in the system as claimed by her
Re: LASU Graduates.... by chinweub: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2012
@Borlahr and @ omidan21:....Thank you both for your reply! I really appreciate your time and info.

Please How do I know if she is cleared by senate?

Truly, this senate clearance excuse has been going on since November 2011.

Is there a way I can confirm Senate clearance or not clearance?

Am not within the country, is there any of the university staff you can connect me with?

Is there a way I can confirm Senate clearance or not clearance?

@omidan21: Please, how do i get the 2012 Graduation Brochure ...is it online?
Re: LASU Graduates.... by omidan21: 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
To have access to the brochure.simply log on to www.lasunigeria.org.when d site is fully opened,then u move to the right end of the page there u see view results and u also see view news.click on the news.then among the numerous list,u see 17th convocation list that's what u shld click on.the names en departments on the list aiint arranged orderly so to avoid confusion just use the search method.I think the llist is in PDF file format so just enter the name u looking for in the search space.if she is truly en duly cleared by the senate,u wld see her name on dat list cause the list consists of all part times en full times en even diploma students of dose days cause lasu does not offer diploma anymore.Another way is to go to lasu campus,ojo.when u get dere ask for where dey call AJ.dere are shops located in dis AJ.get to a cafe in AJ en tell d cafe attendant that u want to print out ur profile.all u need to provide is the matric number.ur academic profile wld be printed for u life en direct at AJ en if she ois being cleared by d senate,it wld be indicated dere d date,month and year.en d class of degree one is passing out with.then u can den go to the next step which is clearance.

1 Like

Re: LASU Graduates.... by chinweub: 12:07am On Aug 14, 2012
@omidan21 : Thank you and God bless you!
Re: LASU Graduates.... by bode4u2nv(m): 12:30am On Oct 10, 2012
@omidan21 pls i have similar case but mine is a bit complicated,i was told from my campus that my name has been sent but senate has not cleared it.pls what can i do cause i need this result badly. Thank you as i await your speedy reply.
Re: LASU Graduates.... by omidan21: 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2012
bode4u2nv: @omidan21 pls i have similar case but mine is a bit complicated,i was told from my campus that my name has been sent but senate has not cleared it.pls what can i do cause i need this result badly. Thank you as i await your speedy reply.

Meet with the HOD of ur department and xplain in details to him or her.senate clear results every month.especially now that november batch c are warming up for nysc camp.use this oppurtunity cause d senate wld be clearing students weekly sef indtead of the normal monthly.probably ur name has not been forwrded to the senate by ur department or faculty.also try en print out ur profile if u are being cleared it wld be indicated on it.
Re: LASU Graduates.... by omidan21: 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
This is my problem with lasuite.greatest LASUITE am I the only graduate or alumni dat surfs through nairaland.chei,bite mah fingers en shake mah head.una morale dey too loww.kAI!!!.
Re: LASU Graduates.... by bode4u2nv(m): 6:31am On Oct 11, 2012
omidan21: .

Meet with the HOD of ur department and xplain in details to him or her.senate clear results every month.especially now that november batch c are warming up for nysc camp.use this oppurtunity cause d senate wld be clearing students weekly sef indtead of the normal monthly.probably ur name has not been forwrded to the senate by ur department or faculty.also try en print out ur profile if u are being cleared it wld be indicated on it.
@omidan thanks am from one of the external campuses,some of my friend's name were even on the. Last convocation list.so when I complained at my campus they told me that my name has been sent that's about almost 2months ago now and I have been calling virtually every day they keep telling that it has not been approved by senate that's why am thinking of going to ojo myself.thank you and don't worry we will join you as alumni on nairaland when we can finaly we are graduates
Re: LASU Graduates.... by Borlahr(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2012
I'm a LASU Alumni, i graduated from the Faculty of Management Sciences (FMS), precisely, Marketing Department 010 Set.
Re: LASU Graduates.... by concernedspeak: 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
i fully and completely SUPPORT the shutting down of satellite campuses,they should go to the main campus and do their studies there............... As a graduate of Lagos state University, i would tell you the truth, LASU is not as bad a s it seems, with the present vc- and the state governor, they have engaged in on going reforms and restructuring of the entire lasu, infact if you happen to go to ojo, you will understand better, they are really developing lasu seriously, new roads,new senate building,faculty of law is in continious development,faculty buses everywhere, they have really gone far. then on the issue of late release of results,that issue is one of their top priorities, and thats why they encourage students to register courses fast online so that they can collate results early.i wont support the fact that the lecturers are incompetent,in my time we had excellent and intellectual sound professors,who were exposed and they really lectured us very well.the LASUMBA is outstanding as lectures are conducted with research.LASU has the best faculty of Law.
currently,LASU has changed and is reaching new frontiers.
Re: LASU Graduates.... by hardeysola(m): 8:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
Am now a member of LASU Alumni. I graduated from Insurance Department '12 set
Greatest Lasuites!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Varsity Threatens Strike Over Unpaid Salaries / Bad Bad Women In History {histogore} / The UNIZIK POST UTME Past Questions(pdf)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.