Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Calling The Humanist Bluff. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling The Humanist Bluff. (16651 Views)

Humanist: Which Of These Will You Entrust Your Girl Child To? / Atheist, Agnostic And Humanist Memes Reloaded... / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by rhymz(m): 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
musKeeto: Lmao... What a funny thread!!
very funny back and forth BS.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

interesting how you immediately flare up when you are confronted with the love of Christ..........Don't worry my friend, Jesus loves you still ......and he can see right through your anger.

Sorry about the anger. I am seriously irritated by someone telling me that a Jewish racist died for me. The guy died like a common thief on the cross because he was too foolish to either run away or find a good lawyer or defender
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

interesting how you immediately flare up when you are confronted with the love of Christ..........Don't worry my friend, Jesus loves you still ......and he can see right through your anger.

if i may come in here as if your statement applies to every human.

personally, i dont want Jesus' imaginary love that may only be valuable in the next imaginary life.

i need his love here and now and a tangible proof that he is more than religious conceptualisation of what God is.

promising me a second life later in exchange for religious control now is not different from islamic jihadist who blow themselves up for the hope of imaginary 72 virgins.

i'm not trying to be sarcastic at all. im just expressing my deep feelings to a deity who refuses to do what he promised in the bible that he will do if he was taken to be a literal person and not just a religious concept that i believe he truly is.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sorry about the anger. I am seriously irritated by someone telling me that a Jewish racist died for me. The guy died like a common thief on the cross because he was too foolish to either run away or find a good lawyer or defender
Perhaps after you would have died for your son that you love so much, he will likewise say: "I am seriously irritated by someone telling me that a Nigerian anti-religious bigot died for me. The guy died like a common thief on the electric chair because he was too foolish to either run away or find a good lawyer or defender"

.....and I will say to him: "but your father loved you"
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
rhymz:
Like seriously Mr,
Do you get some kind of holy rock steel hard-on from being unneccessarily dramatic and talking tough?
Get over yourself Mr, you are not that bright to be acting like some 21st century Jesus Police that seeks to curse out anyone who dares to question the rationale of the christian faith.
Where did I expressly call the christian faith "stoopid" in my post?
That I said I find it incredibly stoopid for anyone to believe with certainty a book whose authors are at large does not neccessarily mean I am positing that the Christian faith is "stoopid" as you so literally put it.
My position is that any belief system that defiles logic and reason is "stoopid" regardless of the spiritual mysticism and conclusions reached through vague or ill-defined spiritual beliefs.
Just as I find any fanatical belief in portions of the bible that defiles common sense and logic as nonsense and "stoopid" if they are shielded from reason and logical scrutiny; Indoctrination is not truth.

my position as well is that any belief system that is built on speculation, half-baked knowledge, copy-paste ignorance and illogic is "stoopid" regardless of the pseudo-scientific mysticism and conclusions reached through vague or ill-defined "theories".
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Thunder fire you mouth! Douchebag.

Jesus did not die for me, he did not know me and he died for the lost sheep of isreal.

Jesus is a xenophobe that would probably burn in his own hell.

-whipped people and destroyed private property in the temple that he did not own/build
-Jesus was racist to the Canaanite woman
-Jesus ignored the slavery that was around him
-Jesus committed suicide when he didnt run and accpeted a betrayal/death that he knew was coming

lol...............can't stop laughing, man. Wetin de vex you? Na wa o...you sef believe say Jesus come, make e remain say him die?! Epic!!! Why do you argue otherwise na? A few comments later, you're complaining that Jesus didn't die for you? How did Mr Anony's "us" include you, ehn? Why did you make the assumption?

Man, you guys are too much. The vehemence you display tells me that you know the Gospel to be true but just don't know what to do with it (hopefully, because if it's something else, y'all just bought BIG trouble, I tell you).

Dude, just let Jesus help you. Things are much easier and a lot more fun that way smiley
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Perhaps after you would have died for your son that you love so much, he will likewise say: "I am seriously irritated by someone telling me that a Nigerian anti-religious bigot died for me. The guy died like a common thief on the electric chair because he was too foolish to either run away or find a good lawyer or defender"

Epic fails of Mr Anony

1) I know my son, Jesus did not know me.
2) Jesus death did not change anything, it did not protect anyone. Paul went on supporting slavery, the catholic church went on torturing heretics, the protestants after started preaching tithe doctrines etc wink
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

lol...............can't stop laughing, man. Wetin de vex you? Na wa o...you sef believe say Jesus come, make e remain say him die?! Epic!!! Why do you argue otherwise na? A few comments later, you're complaining that Jesus didn't die for you? How did Mr Anony's "us" include you, ehn? Why did you make the assumption?

Man, you guys are too much. The vehemence you display tells me that you know the Gospel to be true but just don't know what to do with it (hopefully, because if it's something else, y'all just bought BIG trouble, I tell you).

Dude, just let Jesus help you. Things are much easier and a lot more fun that way smiley

And how would Jesus help me? Havent I told you that I was a christian for 22 years?

What was wrong?

-I didnt pay enough tithes?
-I didnt pray enough?
-I didnt spread the goespel and convert enough souls?

Abeg, commot for road.

Jesus is a Jewish racist and a liar! He was running his mouth that he was the messiah and he was crucified like a common thief. On the cross, he was asking why God forsook him.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

And how would Jesus help me? Havent I told you that I was a christian for 22 years?

What was wrong?

-I didnt pay enough tithes?
-I didnt pray enough?
-I didnt spread the goespel and convert enough souls?

Abeg, commot for road.

Jesus is a Jewish racist and a liar! He was running his mouth that he was the messiah and he was crucified like a common thief. On the cross, he was asking why God forsook him.

What is wonderful about the above is that God did it all for you and me. I for one i'm grateful for the chance to be saved by the cross... someday macdaddy, you will see the light.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Davidylan, there was a question you asked some time ago. I'm wondering if you now know the answer and care to educate us. I ask this because I dont see you ask that question anymore.

davidylan:

Question is: Is man here by the actions of a divine being or are we a result of natural selection?
If so why have we not seen an ape change to a human by natural selection? Why are we yet to observe a half man half ape?
https://www.nairaland.com/5432/god-creation-miracles-evolution/1#179960
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

why does it irritate you so much? On a more serious note... has any atheist stopped to ask WHY speaking about Jesus turns them so white-hot with rage in a way they dont feel when confronted by the "love" of sango?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal: Davidylan, there was a question you asked some time ago. I'm wondering if you now know the answer and care to educate us. I ask this because I dont see you ask that question anymore.

Read the entire post again... it was a question posed as a way to show up the inherent illogic in the theory of evolution. I'm glad that at least someone is researching.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Epic fails of Mr Anony

1) I know my son, Jesus did not know me.
2) Jesus death did not change anything, it did not protect anyone. Paul went on supporting slavery, the catholic church went on torturing heretics, the protestants after started preaching tithe doctrines etc wink
But Jesus knows you. Jesus' sacrifice is the reason why you can be truly free from sin.

I put it to you that the real reason for your anger is not because you really think the sacrifice foolish but because you realize the sacrifice is too great and His love so much that you realize you cannot possibly deserve it

.....rather than turn to Him, you feel more comfortable rejecting Him hoping that by doing so, you won't have any moral obligations towards Christ .......or anyone else

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

What is wonderful about the above is that God did it all for you and me. I for one i'm grateful for the chance to be saved by the cross... someday macdaddy, you will see the light.

God did what?

So you think that Jesus saved you from hell? Guess what? Hell doesnt exist. You're gonna be maggot food just like your pagan great grandfather when you die.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Enigma(m): 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

One reason why Christianity is the subject of hatred and vehemence is of course that it centres around The Truth Himself. smiley

You don't see similar vehemence against most religions e.g. The Grail Message, Eckankar, even the so-called animism; and, even the case of Islam which gets some attention is not the same as Christianity as you get all the excuses like "we don't want to get killed" etc.

As The Truth Himself said in John 15:18

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

cool

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

why does it irritate you so much? On a more serious note... has any atheist stopped to ask WHY speaking about Jesus turns them so white-hot with rage in a way they dont feel when confronted by the "love" of sango?

It doesnt irritate me normally but after being told numerous times after the christian that is telling has lost the debate, it becomes annoying.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

God did what?

So you think that Jesus saved you from hell? Guess what? Hell doesnt exist. You're gonna be maggot food just like your pagan great grandfather when you die.

I believe strongly that He did so. I believe that while my corruptible body might indeed be maggot food someday, my soul will be raised in Christ by His grace. You can have that faith too if only you believe.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
But Jesus knows you. Jesus' sacrifice is the reason why you can be truly free from sin.

I put it to you that the real reason for your anger is not because you really think the sacrifice foolish but because you realize the sacrifice is too great and His love so much that you realize you cannot possibly deserve it

.....rather than turn to Him, you feel more comfortable rejecting Him hoping that by doing so, you won't have any moral obligations towards Christ .......or anyone else

What moral obligations?

Telling slaves to obey their masters like Apostle Paul in the bible?
Discriminating against unbelievers and calling them fools?
Hating gay people for their sexuality?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

personally, i dont want Jesus' imaginary love that may only be valuable in the next imaginary life.

i need his love here and now and a tangible proof that he is more than religious conceptualisation of what God is.

promising me a second life later in exchange for religious control now is not different from islamic jihadist who blow themselves up for the hope of imaginary 72 virgins.

i'm not trying to be sarcastic at all. im just expressing my deep feelings to a deity who refuses to do what he promised in the bible that he will do if he was taken to be a literal person and not just a religious concept that i believe he truly is.

Bro, why're you torturing yourself so much? I read the things you write and wonder if you know just what it is you want.

Christianity means nothing if it doesn't begin here. Our lives are not lived waiting for a far-away heaven where everything is perfect. We Christians are today in heaven. Our lives are lived here on earth as though we're in school learning how to fit into responsibilities that adulthood (the world to come) presents.

We have expectation, but that expectation is concrete because today we have a guarantee, a taste of the future that says what we expect is real. How do you say that you were once a Christian when you don't know this?

Every bit of our life today is meaningful. We aren't trying to qualify for heaven once we have been born again. We belong there and bring to bear upon the earth around us the conditions of our birth-home. That is what our lives here are about.

Finally, if you believe that God is truly a concept rather than a real person, why do you keep bothering with Him? Why is His existence or non-existence tasking your energies so? To use the atheist's favorite analogy, I haven't thought about Santa Claus in a veeeeeeeery long time. I couldn't care less if he turned out to be god himself. If he decides that because I never looked under the Christmas tree for his newest surprise, I'll get thrown into Santa Claus's hell, I couldn't be bothered. I don't care very much about Islam, as another instance. If there's a hell non-Muslims go to, I frankly couldn't give a damn. I don't bother with Islamist philosophies.

So, again, why should you care about what God does/says or does not do/say when you truly believe that He's only a concept in people's heads? Geez, that's the meaning of working yourself into a frenzy over nothing, isn't it?

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

Bro, why're you torturing yourself so much? I read the things you write and wonder if you know just what it is you want.

Christianity means nothing if it doesn't begin here. Our lives are not lived waiting for a far-away heaven where everything is perfect. We Christians are today in heaven. Our lives are lived here on earth as though we're in school learning how to fit into responsibilities that adulthood (the world to come) presents.

We have expectation, but that expectation is concrete because today we have a guarantee, a taste of the future that says what we expect is real. How do you say that you were once a Christian when you don't know this?

Every bit of our life today is meaningful. We aren't trying to qualify for heaven once we have been born again. We belong there and bring to bear upon the earth around us the conditions of our birth-home. That is what our lives here are about.

Finally, if you believe that God is truly a concept rather than a real person, why do you keep bothering with Him? Why is His existence or non-existence tasking your energies so? To use the atheist's favorite analogy, I haven't thought about Santa Claus in a veeeeeeeery long time. I couldn't care less if he turned out to be god himself. If he decides that because I never looked under the Christmas tree for his newest surprise, I'll get thrown into Santa Claus's hell, I couldn't be bothered. I don't care very much about Islam, as another instance. If there's a hell non-Muslims go to, I frankly couldn't give a damn. I don't bother with Islamist philosophies.

So, again, why should you care about what God does/says or does not do/say when you truly believe that He's only a concept in people's heads? Geez, that's the meaning of working yourself into a frenzy over nothing, isn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

It doesnt irritate me normally but after being told numerous times after the christian that is telling has lost the debate, it becomes annoying.

Why? Does it annoy you when people tell you every year about santa claus?
Nah i believe there is something different about this Jesus... something strange that makes atheists express so strong a HATE that they never seem to be able to muster with any other "god".
Why is it you are annoyed so much about hearing someone you claim doesnt exist? Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

I believe strongly that He did so. I believe that while my corruptible body might indeed be maggot food someday, my soul will be raised in Christ by His grace. You can have that faith too if only you believe.

That's the same thing Peter Pan said to the girl.....just believe and you will get to Neverland!

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

if i may exchange normal conversation with you without the need to throw insult at each other,

Sango does not promise any love and so we wont be surprised if he shows no love.
but Jesus promised a lot of things that if they were to be true, you wont need to try to prove his existence. Everybody including Muslims and atheists will see. You can just pray to him to deal with us and prove his existence. I know if you do, nothing will happen to us and smart christians will make excuse for his in-action/non-existence. As a result of our religious up-bringing, we are supposed to force ourselves to believe that he is real and never entertain any doubt of his existence.

Besides, the way you strongly believe Sango is false god is exactly the way non-chrisitians believe Jesus is a false god. no way to test and prove anyone right or wrong.

if i sounded like i insulted your faith, apologies. though i dont believe i insulted it, as the Bible itself has said somewhere "come let us reason together".
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

Why? Does it annoy you when people tell you every year about santa claus?
Nah i believe there is something different about this Jesus... something strange that makes atheists express so strong a HATE that they never seem to be able to muster with any other "god".
Why is it you are annoyed so much about hearing someone you claim doesnt exist? Think about it.

Wait!! No one forces me to believe in Santa Clause.

Jesus Christ is another case entirely. People start telling me that I am lost, foolish or blind because I dont believe in him.

I dont need saving and I live a better and happier life than most of the people telling me that I need Jesus.

I had Jesus in My life for 22 years but realised that I was hanging out with an imaginary friend.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What moral obligations?

Telling slaves to obey their masters like Apostle Paul in the bible?
Discriminating against unbelievers and calling them fools?
Hating gay people for their sexuality?

You know what is right and what is wrong, your conscience pricks you when you sin. Sin always stares you in the face and you cannot deny it. Jesus Christ was crucified, thereby paying the ultimate price with His life so that you can be free from sin. He loved you so much that He was willing to be punished on your behalf.
All you need to do is accept His love.

Denying the existence of Christ will not spare you from from the sin that continually stares you in the face.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

You know what is right and what is wrong, your conscience pricks you when you sin. Sin always stares you in the face and you cannot deny it. Jesus Christ was crucified, thereby paying the ultimate price with His life so that you can be free from sin. He loved you so much that He was willing to be punished on your behalf.

Denying the existence of Christ will not spare you from from the sin that continually stares you in the face.

Ghandi never became a christian. Is he in hell? He was a good guy.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

Read the entire post again... it was a question posed as a way to show up the inherent illogic in the theory of evolution. I'm glad that at least someone is researching.

I did read the entire post and I've heard many others ask the same question. Your question was answered by others on the thread, but as you never responded to them, I have no way of knowing if their answers were satisfactory to you.

Also, I've noticed you dont ask the question anymore.

So my question is, did you find the answer and if you did, what is it ?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Ghandi never became a christian. Is he in hell? He was a good guy.

I am not speaking to Ghandi today, I am speaking to you. Ghandi will answer for his deeds on his own. The question here is: are you a good person? Are you completely without blame?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Wait!! No one forces me to believe in Santa Clause.

Jesus Christ is another case entirely. People start telling me that I am lost, foolish or blind because I dont believe in him.

I dont need saving and I live a better and happier life than most of the people telling me that I need Jesus.

I had Jesus in My life for 22 years but realised that I was hanging out with an imaginary friend.

Lets be frank here. Do you really believe yourself when you say you are living a better and happier life without Jesus?

Why then are you here expending way too much energy on this same Jesus whom you say isnt so important in your life?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

no you are wrong.

santa claus does not bother me. im not raised to believe santa claus is real or else i suffer eternal torment in hell. i do not care about such god because he is non-existent. i only care about religion because religion is existent. a former drug addict working to help other drug addict is not the same thing as working into frenzy over nothing

And im not working myself into frenzy.( you got a lot nerve to accuse me of such, when you know that im not doing less than what you are doing here too)
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Enigma, you're right on the money, my brother.

Davidylan and Mr Anony, more grace, my brothers.

MacDaddy, dude, you're exhausting yourself. Take it easy. "I don't like Jesus" is just not the same as "Jesus is a slowpoke". See how your arguments are totally emotional? They only say that you dislike Jesus Christ and the God that He represents to you, not that there's really anything wrong with Him. Continue to reject Him, if you will, but permit me to beg you to give Him time of day. It's not fair to judge someone on hearsay especially when he can make his own defence. When you were a "Christian" for all those 22 yrs, your faith was built on something you were told about Jesus not what you yourself knew about Him. That is not true Christianity. Christianity is "knowing [the] true God and Jesus Christ Whom He sent". Did you have that? You never did. That's why you keep saying these silly things about Him.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Wow. . . . .
And you were an atheist before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Celebrates Birthday By Donating N23m To 115 Widows / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.