Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,998 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG (939 Views)

We Must Act Decisively Against Terrorism – Buhari / Buhari's Twitter Condemnation Not Acceptable / Obj Would Have (decisively)crushed Bokoharam - Labour Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG by aspabay(m): 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
Being an advertorial published in newspapers on Friday and signed by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi.

Shooting at Deeper Life Bible Church, Okene.

I am deeply saddened and sorrowful at the attack on Monday night at the Deeper Life Bible Church location in Otite, Okene Kogi state. It is hard to reconcile that peace loving people, sitting in their church, and listening to Bible Study were gunned down in cold blood by people they had done nothing to provoke.
The attack against a peaceful assembly like the church is not only wicked, but utterly premeditated. The government must now come in terms with the fact that a large swathe of Nigerians are being sent to the graves early, even as law enforcement agents seem unable to provide the required protection for all of them. Without doubt, this callous event has given negative implications for the progress, development and well being of the nation.
This spate of killings and destructions have been going on particularly in the northern part of our country for too long. Each time they occurred the usual condemnations are made, but thereafter, the people are left without any assurance of their security and safety. No nation can
continue this way.
In times like this, all christians must step up their prayers for our nation. In fact, I firmly believe that when Christians pray, the Almighty God in heaven answers. If the body of Christians would rise up and pray, and the law enforcement agencies would intensify their efforts to combat this creeping instability, the killings and destruction in our country would be stemmed.
Christians should not despair in the prevailing situation, for it is in times like these, when there is so much fear across the land, that all Christians must see it as an opportunity to serve God more fervently.
I send my heart felt condolences to the families of all my beloved brothers and sisters who were killed in the attack in Okene, and pray for the quick recovery all those who were injured by the gunmen. I assure you that I will continue to pray for you.

Signed
Pastor W. F. Kumuyi
General Superintendent
Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG by wellmax(m): 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good one Pastor.
I like the low tone and request for prayers. If this had happened τ̅☺ NASFAT, all heLl would have been let loose, their leaders will be calling for vengance.
Re: Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG by ozalogbo: 12:14am On Aug 12, 2012
Pastor Kumuyi, a solid man of God!
Re: Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG by luluosas(m): 6:54am On Aug 12, 2012
May God heal Nigeria and rid her of all the internal terrorists in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 12, 2012
May God continue to bless and keep you for us Pastor Kumuyi.
Re: Condemnation Not Enough, Act Decisively Now - Kumuyi Tells FG by aspabay(m): 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2012
Like you Pastor, I believe God that the security forces will bring the evil men τ̅☺ justice.

(1) (Reply)

Disquiet As Lagos Takes Over Ogun Border Communities / g / Jonathan Is The Most Insulted, Disrespected President In The History Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.