Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Is Allah God? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Allah God? (3411 Views)

Is Allah God / Is Allah God? / Where Is ALLAH (GOD)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Allah God? by olabowale(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2007
Please my people, do not insult one another to the point of going so far to insult family member and those who are dearly loved by your adversaries. We can not from either position catch flies with a bowl of vinegar. Instead we should use honey. Qur'an teaches us not be unjust because of our hatred of evil deeds committed by others. It also teaches us not to be unjust because of the evil deeds that are being committed on us. Please let us calm down or walk away when the anger is boiling and we can not control it. Please everyone. Further do not be dishonest in your approach to any issue so that you may agitate your opponent to the point that you may be disrespected.

Please school up and come over, if you're regretting living in darkness. No be my fault that the Qur'an declares clearly that Christians are scholars. Lol. . . as for Muslims, the very Arabs from which Muhammad arose was directly said to be most ignorant and hypocritical. Did the Qur'an say so or not?
: The Qur'an never declared the Christians as scholars of true scriptures in the sense you are trying to smuggle it to us. Of course, Makka was less educated, by and large than Christian Habrah Yemen/Ethiopia. The Purity of OT and NT were already compromised, as corrupted Books by the time Muhammad became a prophet! What is great scholarship about a good knowledge of corrupted material. It will not benefit the one who holds that knowledge, because truth will overcome it, when they meet. This is why we have a branch of knowledge studied by the Orientalists amongs the Christiansand the Jews. Yet the same does not oocur in the Islamic Matriculation Institutions.

In Biblical Schools/Seminaries, they study Islam as a course. One of my friends' husband is in Columbia University here in Manhattan doing so. I told his wife that the husband should ask me any questions, if he wishes. You Will think that he will take advantage of that. But no! Probably he had been told not to discuss with Muslims about any of the course work. It is his lose.

Pilgrim, if you truly read the verses of the Qur'an you think you can cajole us with, you will find that the Lord Almighty is telling the Muslims, Muhammad being the first in his community that this people, the peoplre of the Books, should know the truth when you tell them. Then God says in many verses of the Qur'an how the people of the Books, Jews and Christians who claim that they are more enlighten that the ragtagged Muslims, sold the pure words of God for cheap price, changing/doctoring the Books of God to fit your leadership contemporary agendas, even though, it is against the will of the Creator: raising a prophet and scholars to positions of god besides God Almighty, as intercessors, while you have no proof directly from God, denying other prophets and eliminating completely parts of the laws of God, even though you leave it as you may leave something (decorative),which is beautiful and valuable, but you refuse to acknowledge or put it into its proper usage. A good example is the first commandment, to illustrate the point, but the Christians chose to elevate Jesus, at least by the Protestants to god with his Creator, while the Catholic turn to his mother, Virgin Mary in the same manner.

But why do they still call her virgin, when the whole Christian population says that she had other children for Joseph the capenter. I am very clear that a virgin is a person who never had experience sex. Except if the Christians just freeze Mary's condition in that 'dt' a differential time, just before she had sexual experience with Joseph. Maybe it is the same way they did not call Jesus god in the Bible until Saul/Paul and others declared him, later!

We in Islam said that she never was married and she was a virgin throughout her life! And we mentain that Jesus was a honored Prophet/Messenger!
Re: Is Allah God? by babs787(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2007
@pilgrim

One step at a time. When you deal with the few verses already offered, we move on to the next query.

Let me have the verses you claimed to have supplied on his being crucified and rising after the third day.
Why not wise up and stop this your dishonesty because it has never worked and will never worked with me. You have all been saying that Jesus' death and resurrection was prophesised in the OT but when I asked you to provide one the prophecies where it was said he would be crucified and resurrected after the third day, you couldnt lay your hands but only grasping at that of piercing of hands that has no relationship with Jesus.
Re: Is Allah God? by babs787(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2007
@Olabowale

Please my people, do not insult one another to the point of going so far to insult family member and those who are dearly loved by your adversaries. We can not from either position catch flies with a bowl of vinegar. Instead we should use honey. Qur'an teaches us not be unjust because of our hatred of evil deeds committed by others. It also teaches us not to be unjust because of the evil deeds that are being committed on us. Please let us calm down or walk away when the anger is boiling and we can not control it. Please everyone. Further do not be dishonest in your approach to any issue so that you may agitate your opponent to the point that you may be disrespected.

I concur big brother. May Allah continue to be with you and give you sound health. I never meant to be, read all my post and you will notice that I  never started but she did. Must she resort to abuse whenever we are having debate? it goes a long way to show how somone is being brought up, the kind of training he/she receives etc. She is supposed to keep mum if she has nothing to say rather than her personal attacks, calling someone a fool having forgotten  that Jesus told them whoever calls another person a fool is will be doomed for hell. I wonder why they are laying claim to Jesus but do not follow his teaching having forgotten that he said that you will only be his true follower when you follow his teachings.

Na real wa. It will never happen again, take my word.

I sincerely appreciate once again. Thumps up big brother cheesy
Re: Is Allah God? by pilgrim1(f): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@pilgrim

Let me have the verses you claimed to have supplied on his being crucified and rising after the third day.

I offered verses for the OT prophecies of His crucifixion. Deal with that first, and then we look at your worries about the third day or any timing at all. Is that a nightmare for you?

This attitude of recycling already dealt with issues was why I held my peace and did not want to post the link where the issue had been dealt with in detail!

That is why I offered you those two verses initially for your consideration as well as ask that you simply exegete them! If you cannot and are not willing, that says a whole lot of what sort of person you are at heart - and sorry, I am not just interested in that game that you have played for far too long!

babs787:

Why not wise up and stop this your dishonesty because it has never worked and will never worked with me.

Please babs787. . . if there's any thing "dishonest" in my request, simply demonstrate it! grin I am used to Muslim allegations aplenty, and I keep saying the same thing: it won't work with me. Now you have cemented yourself to that cliche that you copied from my rejoinder, but does it help clearly enunciate your points?

babs787:

You have all been saying that Jesus' death and resurrection was prophesised in the OT but when I asked you to provide one the prophecies where it was said he would be crucified and resurrected after the third day, you couldnt lay your hands but only grasping at that of piercing of hands that has no relationship with Jesus.

Please if the verses have no relationship whatsoever with Jesus, then please show us with who exactly they point to! Was that too hard for you?

You really have no genuine concern for the 'thrid day' but have been using that as an excuse and marking time on the same spot! Is that all you can do? Intellectual fellows go one step further and discuss issues isntead of hiding under the same weak excuse every single time!

If timing is the problem with you, my dear gentleman, please show us precisely the time calculations for ALL the prophesies you had tried to cop out for Muhammad in the Bible! That would be interesting to see - then I would gladly set aside the verses of the OT pointing to the Crucifixion, and then deal with ONLY the timing of the third Dya!

If you can simple offer the timing you saw for Muhammad's prophecies accurately, then I would welcome your requests and take them one after the other. Fair enough?
Re: Is Allah God? by pilgrim1(f): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2007
@olabowawe,

olabowale:

Please my people, do not insult one another to the point of going so far to insult family member and those who are dearly loved by your adversaries.

It is sad that your advice here is hypocritical, to say the least! Muslims are the ones who are very quick to insuly the parents of fellow discussants - babs787 has done it, and any attempt to deny that will only invite something unprecidented that may dampen your days, olabowale.

Nothing of such nature moves me - rather, it is the hypocrisy of Muslims who crwal out of their holes to enjoy what their Muslim brethren are doing that really takes the icing!

I had to log off the last time I was online - even though I had a free day in the office and was not as busy as I had anticipated. While online, I was trying to keep up a chat with another Muslim in my IM. He changed latter to emailing me, no worries. After complaining about a few issues, I duely apologized to him and even offered to apologize publicly - which I did! This guy has been a friend for a very long time, begging me to "not join Christians" to expose Muhammad. While I offered that "expose" was not the word, but I was only sharing clear pointers in discussions, he threatened that I logged off. . . or else!

Okay, I dared him and remained a while online on the Forum. Next thing, he said so many unprintable things about my parents. I had to log off to deal with and put him in his place! Which I did. I don't submit to threats - especially not one that wraps around insulting one's parents. No matter how hard my language is, I don't cross that line!

This cry you are making now is simply a shame! Muslims should endeavour to respect other people's convictions and DISCUSS issues. The denials often coming from your camp should not warrant that Muslims take things out of hand!
Re: Is Allah God? by babs787(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2007
@pilgrim.1

It is sad that your advice here is hypocritical, to say the least! Muslims [b]are the ones who are very quick to insuly the parents of fellow discussants - babs787 has done i[/b]t, and any attempt to deny that will only invite something unprecidented that may dampen your days, olabowale.

Please in all honesty, let me have where I started it. I wont deny the fact that I insulted your parent and I owe you no apology for saying that because you caused it. You cant just be insulting people here just because we are on net.

Let me have any thread where I first abused or insulted you.

cool
Re: Is Allah God? by pilgrim1(f): 12:56am On Jan 01, 2008
babs787:

@pilgrim.1

Please in all honesty, let me have where I started it. I wont deny the fact that I insulted your parent and I owe you no apology for saying that because you caused it. You can't just be insulting people here just because we are on net.

Let me have any thread where I first abused or insulted you.

If you cannot deny the FACT that you insulted my parents, what is the hypocrisy you're trumping up to "have the thread" where you actually did so?

People have said all sorts of things about me - and in Catholic threads, for example, I have borne them all gracefully without seeking to trade insults at anybody's parents.

My response to olabowale was to point out the FACT that the Muslim observation that people should not insult the parents of fellow discussants is HYPOCRITIC at best! And you have just confirmed it with your words in bold (not that I sought an apology from you - but just so that olabowale can now see that Muslims really have no heart to be sincere in their call for peaceful means).

One thing is clear, though: my parents read your insults that very day, and my dad called me immediately and said that WHATEVER I do or say, I should remember he never brought me up to insult anybody's PARENTS! I assured him that I had no intention of trading insults to your parents even before he called me. . . and he also wanted you to know that he forgave EVERYTHING!

Whatever discussions I hold with people, I have not gone so far as to castigate or insult anybody's parents. You can please keep your apologies (because you had none), and be assured that nothing you say or do will make me insult your parents. cheesy

Enjoy.
Re: Is Allah God? by LitenCee(m): 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2008
It's unfortunate that even christians have been decieved into using the name of Allah to sing in churches, thinking it is hausa or arabic name of God. Know that Mohamed's father was named Abdallah, meaning servant of Allah, b/4 Mohamed was born. so Mohamed did not bring any new truth about God, or recieve any thing from the same God that sent Jesus to make the one for all sacrifice for our sins. And He (Jesus) declared that "IT IS FINISHED" on the cross. GOD IS NOT A CONFUSIONIST , and The Holy Spirit does not live on any mountian, or on the Sun (one of the many billion stars in the universe). For those who care to know, there were 360 different demon gods occupying the Kabba shrine,b/4 Mohamed removed them, exalting only one of them which his father served, and whose priesthood he has inherited- Allah. get it ? undecided
Re: Is Allah God? by affee(f): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
I have always known the true origin of the name of name ''allah''
and I dont use allah when I sing christian hausa songs
Re: Is Allah God? by reindeer: 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
its quite unfortunate seeing the depths to which religion has weathered our sense of propriety.
insulting someone else's innocent parents because of a religious disagreement
thats low, so low.
if insults were directed at you then you are free to do the same but not insult people who arent part of the discussion, and i therefore think babs should apologise,his actions cant be justified in any way and apologising will only be an evidence of the regards he has for his own parents so go ahead and be a man.

coming to the topic, its obvious this religious henpecking will never end, so to what end do we get so heated up?

i wouldnt have been so touched if you AFRICANS were arguing your native religions, not some borrowed middle eastern beliefs.

somewhere somehow we should be able to draw lines in arguments and stop hurling insults around,lets be adults pls.

thank you all.

nb. olabowale,pilgrim,babs etc i think its time you gladiators sheath your swords and realise theres absolutely no way you can fully justify either the koran or the bible, these books are obviously fraught with flaws cos human fingers wrote them, moha may have received inspiration but his fingers crafted the words and as such his lusts, frailties and human weaknesses are bound to find their way in, same with the bible wherein humans gave their takes on events they witnessed, of course their weaknesses come to the fore in some of the verses
so if indeed you all believe in the omnipotent God(called by whichever name) let him convince humans himself abi is he unable to bring that about
Re: Is Allah God? by iceland(m): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2008
Allah is not God and can never be!Allah is a Demon/idol and he lives in the kabba in Mecca
Re: Is Allah God? by mazaje(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2008
iceland:

Allah is not God and can never be!Allah is a Demon/idol and he lives in the kabba in Mecca

who is this misguided lunatic? is the biblical god of the old testament any better than allah?
Re: Is Allah God? by olabowale(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2008
@lite-n-cee: #39 on: Yesterday at 01:01:05 PM »

It's unfortunate that even christians have been decieved into using the name of Allah to sing in churches, thinking it is hausa or arabic name of God. Know that Mohamed's father was named Abdallah, meaning servant of Allah, b/4 Mohamed was born. so Mohamed did not bring any new truth about God, or recieve any thing from the same God that sent Jesus to make the one for all sacrifice for our sins. And He (Jesus) declared that "IT IS FINISHED" on the cross. GOD IS NOT A CONFUSIONIST , and The Holy Spirit does not live on any mountian, or on the Sun (one of the many billion stars in the universe). For those who care to know, there were 360 different demon gods occupying the Kabba shrine,b/4 Mohamed removed them, exalting only one of them which his father served, and whose priesthood he has inherited- Allah. get it ?

Whatever tribe you belong to, please tell me if they recognised that there is God before Christianity came to it? While they practicing African religion, long time before Christianity, did they change the name of God Almighty, from what they used to call Him, now that you are a Christian?

In Yorubaland, they used to call God Almighty Oluwa, Olorun, Eledumare, Adaye, Adorun, etc. If a Yoruba person, Christian or Muslim is talkinng to another Yoruba person about Almighty God, it is very likely that you will hear the name of God from the list above.

Just because Arabs before the Islam of Muhammad (AS) knew God Almighty as Allah, it does not mean it is a name from any of the 360 idols in Kaaba at that time. Just like Onishongo of Yorubaland believes that Almighty God exists, yet they go to Him through Shongo, which makes him an idolator. The Arabs were the same before Islam of Muhammad (AS).

They used to go to Allah the Almighty, whom they acknowledge as the Almighty, but they do this through the 360 idols! Make your research. There is ino dol in Kaaba named Allah!

The Arabs before Islam did the same thing as the Onishongos are still doing today, going to God through Shongo. Or they call Shongo god itself. Unfortunately, the Christians are still doing the same thing, as the onishogo are doing, even now! You go to the "father," through the "son," don't you? And you even believe that Jesus is god, just like Onishongo belives that Shongo is god!

And when Jesus said that it is finished on the cross, maybe he was talking about himself. You are insinuating unnecessarily. You don't have a proof what Jesus meant by it is finished. Finally God is not the Author of confusion. It is clear then that when we have so much confusion in the bible, it will be foolish to state that God is the Author of it!

[affee] :« #40 on: Yesterday at 08:40:30 PM »
I have always known the true origin of the name of name ''allah''
and I don't use allah when I sing christian hausa songs
[quote][/quote]

Affee is a proof that Islam does not belong to any tribe in Nigeria. Infact not any tribe in the world. Islam is an invidual thing.
Re: Is Allah God? by LitenCee(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale:

@lite-n-cee: #39 on: Yesterday at 01:01:05 PM »
Whatever tribe you belong to, please tell me if they recognised that there is God before Christianity came to it? While they practicing African religion, long time before Christianity, did they change the name of God Almighty, from what they used to call Him, now that you are a Christian?

In Yorubaland, they used to call God Almighty Oluwa, Olorun, Eledumare, Adaye, Adorun, etc. If a Yoruba person, Christian or Muslim is talkinng to another Yoruba person about Almighty God, it is very likely that you will hear the name of God from the list above.

Just because Arabs before the Islam of Muhammad (AS) knew God Almighty as Allah, it does not mean it is a name from any of the 360 idols in Kaaba at that time. Just like Onishongo of Yorubaland believes that Almighty God exists, yet they go to Him through Shongo, which makes him an idolator. The Arabs were the same before Islam of Muhammad (AS).

They used to go to Allah the Almighty, whom they acknowledge as the Almighty, but they do this through the 360 idols! Make your research. There is ino dol in Kaaba named Allah!

The Arabs before Islam did the same thing as the Onishongos are still doing today, going to God through Shongo. Or they call Shongo god itself. Unfortunately, the Christians are still doing the same thing, as the onishogo are doing, even now! You go to the "father," through the "son," don't you? And you even believe that Jesus is god, just like Onishongo belives that Shongo is god!

And when Jesus said that it is finished on the cross, maybe he was talking about himself. You are insinuating unnecessarily. You don't have a proof what Jesus meant by it is finished. Finally God is not the Author of confusion. It is clear then that when we have so much confusion in the bible, it will be foolish to state that God is the Author of it!

[

The spirit of religion makes people defend what they already know to be lies, and political correctness makes them keep silent over the bitter truth. so tell us , at what time did the Arabs ever use the name Allah to refer to God Almighty in their multi polytheic society ? if they already knew God Almighty, what then did Mohamed say he recieved , how can he re-introduced the Allah as God Almighty if they were already serving him in that capacity . ok so you can go to God Almighty through any of the 360 gods in the Kabba and likewise other 1001 gods in various parts of the world, and God Almighty really accepts that and communicates back to people through this multiplicity of smaller gods. If that is so then this big god that is reached through different smaller gods would have had mercy on human beings and told those smaller gods about Jesus His only begotten son and saviour of world. abi ? undecided. you can believe any thing you like but you won't be able to change the word of God. pls hear this Jesus is the Word of God made flesh, if all those smaller gods are in communion with God Almighty they would definitly have confessed Jesus as saviour , just as all the prophets of the bible confessed and prophesied about him as the saviour. That is the consistency of bible my dear.

So you think Jesus was speaking about Himself when He said "it is finished" on the cross, how wonderful that a man who said He is finished would still rise up from the dead. by the way do "It is Finished" and "I am finished" mean the same thing in your dictionary grin grin

Well if you care to know and really if you care to know, Satan if having a ball watching the confusion he creates for those who listen to him, through his small gods. his goal ? - to create the impression in the long run that God does not exist, or that both him and God don't exist. which some hapless ones are already believing. i see him laughing his head off every time these muslims come to mecca to throw stones at a pillar they call "iblis" taking it to be satan grin grin grin, Lord have mercy !!! grin
Re: Is Allah God? by olabowale(m): 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2008
@Lite-n-cee: « #45 on: Today at 12:13:51 PM »

The spirit of religion makes people defend what they already know to be lies,

The reason you are forcing Jesus as a son of a god upon us.

and political correctness makes them keep silent over the bitter truth.

I do not practice political correctness. Thats why i declared that you are adisbeliever. See, I am not shy about it.

so tell us , at what time did the Arabs ever use the name Allah to refer to God Almighty in their multi polytheic society ? if they already knew God Almighty,

Since I am a Yoruba man from Nigeria, I will use the Yoruba culture to illustrate my answer to your question. Please follow me. Before any nonafrican religion came to this tribe, they knew that there is a Creator. They call Him Olorun, meaning the Owner of the heavens. They also call Him, Eleda, to mean the Creator. Olodumare, Oluwa are also some of His names.

However when the nonAfrican religions, Islam and Christianity for example came, the Yorubas readily accepted the Name of the same God as Allah (Arabic Language, except that it is a proper name), and Yahweh or Jehovah as the Christians name of the the God. Please not that Christianity foolishly, without thinking that the muslims will ask them, introduced Jesus and holy ghost in the mix, to the Yorubas. But thats another matter completely.

Do the Yorubas still among them, as muslim speak about Allah as Olorun? Yes. Do the Christian still speak about yahweh or Jehovah as Olorun? Yes. Do the animist who still glinging to an idol go between Olorun believes that the Muslims and the Christian Olorun is the same Olorun that they are worshipping? Yes. The only different is tha the Muslims of the Yorubaland already destroyed the idols and went directly to Olorun whose name in Arabic is Allah.

The Christians also already desroyed the african idols, but in its place splitted the olorun into three; One is Jehovah or yahweh (Note I did not even say Eloi, which is what was reported that jesus cried up to before he gave up the "ghost." By the way the ghost was the holy ghost or aniother ghost?), the other is Jesus as a son and and the third is Holy ghost. In all the Christians just reduced their go/stand between from many to just two, if you take Jehovah or yahweh as the Olorun, for real!

what then did Mohamed say he recieved , how can he re-introduced the Allah as God Almighty if they were already serving him in that capacity .

Are you making sense or you just wanna pretend to be talking? Muahhamad (as) came to abolish idolatry. Is that so hard to understand, so that people can go directly to Allah the God. The same way that Shango, or Osun worshipper may abandone that mindset of go/stand between them and Olorun, and go directly to Him.

When they do that, the abandone their old religions of idolatry and took the singly worship of olorun. That is islam. The 369 gods of Kaaba were rendered useless. And later destroyed by the same Muhammad and his followers in establishing Allah the God, in Yoruba language Olorun as Supreme.

ok so you can go to God Almighty through any of the 360 gods in the Kabba and likewise other 1001 gods in various parts of the

If you an Idol worshipper, that is your stand exactly. And yes there are still Idol worshipper still in Nigeria. The Yorubas have Olosun, oloya, Onisongo, Aborisa, Aboogun etc. And they do pray and sacrifice to their idols. And they belive it them and feel comfortable that their prayers will be accepted and answered!

If that is so then this big god that is reached through different smaller gods would have had mercy on human beings and told those smaller gods about Jesus His only begotten son and saviour of world. abi ? .

A I have stated, you as a Christian is a form of idolworshipper. You know the difference between a road side prostitue and an escort? It is their trading style. Both of them are both and sold by johns and pimps, respectively.

you can believe any thing you like but you won't be able to change the word of God.

The how do you reconscile with Mark 12 verse 29, which goes against any idea that there is a god other than the One Jesus worshipped?How do you explain that jesus your god is just another worshipper of God like everyone who bow to that God? How do you have a god that used the latrine like everyone else? Come on man. Talk! I wanna read from you.

please hear this Jesus is the Word of God made flesh,

It is now flesh. Then tell me when this word became flesh, how was it possible for the same God whose word is now flesh to be able to speak to those of His creations He spoke to? How was it that God was still able to communicate to those whose of His creations that He spoke with when the "word,' died on the cross, according to the Bible?

if all those smaller gods are in communion with God Almighty they would definitly have confessed Jesus as saviour , just as all the prophets of the bible confessed and prophesied about him as the saviour. That is the consistency of bible my dear.

The inconsistencies, you meant! Where did Moses who singlehandedly with his stick destroyed Egypt to its former shadow, confessed and prophesied about Jesus as the "Savior"? Your bleading lips must be hurting right about now! And will Ibrahim need any salvation from Jesus? hardly. Reason, The Jews, the Christians and the Muslims believe that Ibrahim is a personal friend of God. While the Jews do even take jesus to be more than a student of Torah or at best a learned of that Book.

And the Muslims say that he is a Messiah to the chldren of Israel and a prophet/messenger. You are the only one of the three groups who believe some othe ability of Jesus. But do not forget that you are using the books of the Jews to argue your case against them. They aught to know their own book more than you ever will know it. They still make it a point to read it in the original language; Hebrew or Aramaic!

So you think Jesus was speaking about Himself when He said "it is finished" on the cross, how wonderful that a man who said He is finished would still rise up from the dead. by the way do "It is Finished" and "I am finished" mean the same thing in your dictionary

If he rose from th dead, the calcuklation of three days and three nights are completely short in simple arithmetics. Calculate how many days and nights in Friday evening to just after dawn of the following Sunday! If Jesus said it i finished, what did he say just before it or after it? If he said something then, you can know exactly what he meant by "it is finished." If he dis not say anything, then it is anybody's guess of what he meant by "it is finished".

Well if you care to know and really if you care to know, Satan if having a ball watching the confusion he creates for those who listen to him, through his small gods. his goal ? - to create the impression in the long run that God does not exist, or that both him and God don't exist. which some hapless ones are already believing. i see him laughing his head off every time these muslims come to mecca to throw stones at a pillar they call "iblis" taking it to be satan , Lord have mercy !!!

You are speaking from ignorance. When you are better educated about jamrat protocol of hajj, I will discuss the issue with you. Shaitan is laughing at you, rather for you saying that God Almighty has a son. Tht a mere mortal who used to defecate is god. And when we ask you, who is the spouse of God if He is a father and has a son through somebody. I have never had a direct answer yet. You wanna try for me?
Re: Is Allah God? by IDINRETE: 4:17pm On Sep 26, 2008
IS OLODUMARE GOD?
Re: Is Allah God? by olabowale(m): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2008
Yes.
Re: Is Allah God? by babs787(m): 9:25pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Reindeer

its quite unfortunate seeing the depths to which religion has weathered our sense of propriety.
insulting someone else's innocent parents because of a religious disagreement
thats low, so low.
if insults were directed at you then you are free to do the same but not insult people who arent part of the discussion, and i therefore think babs should apologise,his actions can't be justified in any way and apologising will only be an evidence of the regards he has for his own parents so go ahead and be a man.

I have been ignoring this thread but felt that I should add probably just 2 cents.
Like I said in one of the threads I replied you, It seems this happened to be what you read and has not been reading from the beginning hence your jumping to conclusion. I dont disregard or insult other parent or those older or younger than I do. So be mindful of what you post because it also shows the respect you have for your parent and those older than you. One should not come here and be raining abuse just because we are on net.

Now I believe what the bible teaches that, do unto others what you would like to done to you. Just because we are discussion or of different religion doesnt give someone audacity to go off topic and be insulting someone's personality. My posts are there as evidence. Its like a saying that, you should not abuse gods of people because if you do, they would surely abuse your own God.

Go read our discussions and see how it all started.

In case you missed, my parent never brought me up to leave core issues and insult personally and you may read my response to some posts here.

All the same, thanks for your inputs. I engage in those Older and younger than me but never for one insulted them if they didnt accept my faith. Its normal that there would be disagreement but that has not been leading to insults.

I have nothing to say but I rest my case.
Re: Is Allah God? by reindeer: 7:17am On Sep 29, 2008
So no apologies still.
hmm
i rest my case.
Re: Is Allah God? by ayinba1(f): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2008
@reindeer

I find it hard to believe anything you type after this! Pilgrim accuses Babs of something, Babs says no "I wouldn't do that", you post a coment months after. Babs explains to you again and you ask for apologies !

Is this what the new spirit you have is teaching you?? This is so familiar, it is nauseating! Please back off Babs unless you can insert a link to where pilgrim's accusation is to found. Even if the thread is locked, you can still link. Heck, ask Seun to restore it even if it was deleted.

If you produce it, we, muslims, on this forum will join Babs to tender apologies!

So simple it's hard for you to grasp!
Re: Is Allah God? by babs787(m): 7:23pm On Sep 29, 2008
@Reindeer

Read about the kind of person Babs is here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-36356.224.html.

Babs is not a trouble maker as you may be thinking and I don't like stepping on toes, loves moderation but I believe respect begets respect.(I will not say more). Its not by force that one must indulge in a discussion if one cannot do without raining insults and like I said, the posts are there as evidence.

You may read our previous posts if you really want to get to the root of it. When a a sister, Lady posted something about me, I mailed her and explained things to her and even apologized where I deemed fit and till today, I so much like and respect her cos she is respectful, humble etc despite our religious difference and ethnic back ground she would never leave core issues to personal attacks. (Let me stop here so as not to be misconstrued cheesy). I still rest my case.
Re: Is Allah God? by reindeer: 11:02pm On Sep 29, 2008
guys pls calm down.
im sorry i got you worked up about this.
I have always tried to live my life by some priciples,prominent among them is respecting parents, no matter what,i will have absolutely no justification for insulting your parents, that would presuppose i dont even honor mine.
so the way i saw it, whatever insult may have been rained on you, you should be of a higher character to refuse the temptation to debase parents on internet pages.
once again im sorry for the perceived grudge.
as for what my new spirit teaches( i wonder what brought the reference to that), im taught to love unconditionally, to love those who hate me, who persecute me, who despise the very one i worship.
So come what may, i love you guys, you are part of the human family which he came to die for.
Come taste and see for yourself, peace that passes understanding.

jesus is lord.
Re: Is Allah God? by ayinba1(f): 11:25pm On Sep 29, 2008
reindeer,

All I asked for was where you saw that babs insulted pilgrim's parent. I saw pilgrim's allegation that Babs did that, I also saw that she said for him to have apologised (or something like that) is an admission that he did it, even though he clearly requested for the link where the insult occured.

I hope you agree with me that the burden of proof lies with the complainant. I didn't want you to blame babs for something you are not sure he did.
Re: Is Allah God? by reindeer: 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2008
people,

its old story, i have since dropped all arguments, but if you want, check response no28 from babs.

i admit we all make mistakes, so lets allow bygones be just that.

May the God of peace dwell with you continually.
jesus is lord.
Re: Is Allah God? by babs787(m): 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Reindeer

You may read our previous posts if you really want to get to the root of it.

Salam (Peace).
Re: Is Allah God? by olabowale(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2008
@Reindeer: « #55 on: Yesterday at 11:20:35 PM »

people,

its old story, i have since dropped all arguments, but if you want, check response no28 from babs.

i admit we all make mistakes, so lets allow bygones be just that.

May the God of peace dwell with you continually.
jesus is lord.

Then you will have no problem telling us if the Christian god, the father, ever at any time worshipped your stated godship and lordship, "Jesus is lord". Please dont be shy, I beg you. You should be able to answer yes or no, without any problem.

Further, you should be able to give us why from the bible your "Jesus is lord," entity was unable to know the "time of the hour," when asked by ordinary folks, who thought he could enlightened them. Again dont be shy. Am all eyes, ready to read every word!

Finally, how come your "Jesus is lord," was begging another to help him from certain difficulty,in the prayers that ordinary folkssaw him make in the garden of Gashemane. Please try to impress me. I am easily carried away with good information. I hope yours will be the truth in this case.
Re: Is Allah God? by ibrahim007: 3:17am On Jan 11, 2009
@ Nwando

Bros it will be immature of me to abuse you for ur comments.I find it difficult to bear every time u ppl talk shit about islam.It is quite unfortunate that someone who is not a kid can think in dat manner.Dere's only 1 God,from ur comments you know nothing about God.
Re: Is Allah God? by focused123(m): 7:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
Allah is NOT the God of Israel, but the PERSONAL NAME of the 'divine spirit' that according to the beliefs of the pagan Arabs,RESIDED in the Black Stone meteorite - embedded in the wall of the Ka'ba - that was VENERATED by the pagan Arabians long before Muhammad and his Quran.
Re: Is Allah God? by Abuzola(m): 12:39am On Nov 07, 2009
Go and tell that to the gullible arab christian and hausa christian who use Allah as God, hurry up. Lol
Re: Is Allah God? by focused123(m): 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2009

Go and tell that to the gullible arab christian and hausa christian who use Allah as God, hurry up. Lol

@Abuzola :

The GOD that the Christians worship is completely different from the allah that the muhammedans worship. your allah is the rock god of kabbah.

grin
Re: Is Allah God? by Abuzola(m): 1:15am On Nov 08, 2009
Look at the idiot trying to pretext as if he wasn't the one that said on the contrary
Re: Is Allah God? by luvola(m): 8:03am On Nov 08, 2009
allah is a beast living inside kabc idol .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Review: The Forty Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih And Lessons / Islamic Holy Days And Special Occasions / Superstition And The Month Of Safar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.