Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

“they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian (1910 Views)

Army Set To Wipe Out Boko Haram From Sambisa- Defense Minister / Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears / How Buhari Plans To Wipe Out Boko Haram, Create Jobs—Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2012
Christians in the North have asked President Goodluck Jonathan to resign over his comment on Boko Haram.

Jonathan was quoted to have said he could not crush the Islamic sect because “they are our siblings and you cannot set the army to wipe out your family”.

In a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Sunday Oibe, the Northern Christian Association of Nigeria said the comments credited to Jonathan was an indication that the country was in a helpless situation as the President “does not seem to understand the aim of the sect to destabilise his administration.”

According to the CAN, it is shocking for the President to say he will not deploy the military to deal with terrorist who have been killing other Nigerians and threatening the corporate existence of the country.

The body argued that it was clear that the President has been shielding the group at the expense of the lives of innocent people, urging Nigerians to have a rethink on the type of president that is governing the country at the moment.

The statement read in part, “What he is telling us now is that there is nothing he can do about it, but we know that the Federal Government has the capacity to stop the madness being unleashed on Nigerians. However, it is now obvious that the President will rather shield criminals.

“Every Nigerian can recall how former President Olusegun Obasanjo reacted when the Niger Delta militants attacked soldiers in Udi. Even though the militants were asking for their legitimate right, Obasanjo dealt with them squarely for resorting to criminality in agitating for their right. No country in the world will allow its soldiers, trained to defend the territorial integrity of the nation to be killed by a gang of criminals and get away with it.

“Nigerians can also recall that in Zaki – Biam, Benue state, the same Obasanjo as President sent troops to deal ruthlessly with the people there for allegedly killing soldiers.

“Now on a daily basis soldiers, police and other security personnel are being killed by Boko Haram members and the President has the effrontery to tell us that these murderers are members of the family and he cannot mobilise the army to deal with them.

“Jonathan has failed us Christians, he has failed Nigerians and he should resign because by this statement, it is very clear that he is not capable of handling the danger pose by the Boko Haram insurgency.”

Also, the Anglican Communion, Kaduna Diocese said illiteracy, unemployment and poverty in the North were not responsible for various crises in the region.

In a 10-point – communiqué issued at the end of the 1st session of the 19th Synod of the Diocese and signed by the Diocesan Bishop, Rt. Rev Josiah Idowu –Fearon, insisted that illiteracy, poverty and unemployment were never the cause of the sundry crises in the region as many were wont to believe.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-should-resign-northern-can/
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 10:26am On Aug 13, 2012
no, my president is sick 4 real
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by BlackBaron: 10:32am On Aug 13, 2012
Our gaffe prone President strikes again.

Seriously, who writes his speeches or is he just surrounded by a bunch of useless advisers
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 10:42am On Aug 13, 2012
i think somone is doing this, may editing his comment to suit his or her agenda.
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by revolt(m): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2012
Bunch of dumb nairalanders dese days always spewing mediocrity!!!! Wonder if u pps have any idea of the word diplomacy!!yet ull b the first to scream human rights violation!! Nairaland oooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 10:58am On Aug 13, 2012
revolt: Bunch of dumb nairalanders dese days always spewing mediocrity!!!! Wonder if u pps have any idea of the word diplomacy!!yet ull b the first to scream human rights violation!! Nairaland oooo!!!!
bros i dont get u, maybe ur in a wrong place. ur comment dont really make sence as far as the topic is concern
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by jerusalem101: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2012
revolt: Bunch of dumb nairalanders dese days always spewing mediocrity!!!! Wonder if u pps have any idea of the word diplomacy!!yet ull b the first to scream human rights violation!! Nairaland oooo!!!!

Abeg help tell them oh.........
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by jerusalem101: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2012
When I see a politically motivated write up,statement or Speech it's so easy to identify.So now the Pulpit/christianity has a become where politicians use now to express their political grievances............God help us..
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Demdem(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2012
jerusalem101: When I see a politically motivated write up,statement or Speech it's so easy to identify.So now the Pulpit/christianity has a become where politicians use now to express their political grievances............God help us..

Oga, did u read the opening post at all?
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2012
Mr President, please keep speaking through Abati and Okupe. You will keep getting misquoted if you don't.

Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 11:38am On Aug 13, 2012
HNosegbe: Mr President, please keep speaking through Abati and Okupe. You will keep getting misquoted if you don't.

men this is phucken sick.
maybe mr prsid... has a plan,
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2012
HNosegbe: Mr President, please keep speaking through Abati and Okupe. You will keep getting misquoted if you don't.
iv looked at that caption over and over, over ova again to no if can read meaning to these, but same thing keep coming to my mind,/// dat i waisted my vote. though it was wise not to have voted for cpc. maybe fashola/okolocha should warm up .
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Demdem(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2012
soma042:
iv looked at that caption over and over, over ova again to no if can read meaning to these, but same thing keep coming to my mind,/// dat i waisted my vote. though it was wise not to have voted for cpc. maybe fashola/okolocha should warm up .

No doubt, ur vote has obviously failed u.
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 13, 2012
oh spare me the badadash up there.... D same set of ppl cried to d fg to remove d army from some states cos they were molesting their women and children. Now d fg seeks a new way of tackling bh menace and u call him inept? The northen xtians should nt 4get that GEJ is equally worried bt in conflict resolution, war and force are nt necessarily d only tool available.
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by soma042(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Demdem:

No doubt, ur vote has obviously failed u.

who would you have voted for, maybe ur failed fathers huh
im still happy i voted for him, than those ones who has been giving the opportunity but failed us.
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Caseless: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2012
He's rite! Was it not dsame aproch dat made dem combak evn mor stronga? It ws due 2 dat xtrajudicial kilin caried out by npf dat w'r al suferin 2day. He has 2 watch his words since his previous coments is folod by a mor deadly attacks. May GOD hep us!
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Caseless: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2012
Dose blamin him 4 his st8mnt shld knw dat gej is a tough-talkin presidnt wt less actions. Al we hear is 'boko haram days ar ova", "w'l crush dem"..such st8mnt has elongatd BH's stay on d planet and in our memories. Let's begin d soft-tlkin n see wat hapen
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Caseless: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
Wait oo..cud it b dat d huge amnt voted 4 security hs bn divertd and d quest 4 security in d country has nw bcom a 'wild goose chase'?lyk d oil cabal, d budget cabal and BH sponsos mus hav hijackd d security vote.i'm typin wyl sippin acid,otapiapia 4 9ja.
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Demdem(m): 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
soma042:

who would you have voted for, maybe ur failed fathers huh
im still happy i voted for him, than those ones who has been giving the opportunity but failed us.

I never knew any of ur fathers was among the contestants Anyay, u had a lot of options on the ballot sheet and not the PDP,ACN or CPC alone. U have ursef to blame and deal with ur decision. U voted for a failure, Deal with that.
The retardeen also failed as governor of Bayelsa, why are u expecting him to succeed as president of Nigeria? Na winch
Re: “they Are Our Siblings And You Cannot Wipe Out Your Family”. Gej To Christtian by Horus(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Lebanese President's Visit To Nigeria / Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees / All States Apart From Lagos Are Incapable Of Confederal Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.