Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees (1902 Views)

Buhari Is A Failed Business Man And An Economist / Aviation Sector Is Collapsing —FG Cries Out / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 9:13am On Apr 09, 2013
The gross incompetence of GEJ and his '40 thieves' laid bare below. Tomorrow, clannish worshippers of mediocrity who do not mean Nigeria will come here talking of Aviation/Agriculture/road "transformation". GEJ and his Ministers are certainly shaping up to be the biggest 419ners Nigeria has produced. Hard to believe the abject mediocrities Nigeria parades as "leaders" in this day and age. Simply disgraceful.

http://businessdaynigeria.com/failed-business-model-brings-aviation-sector-its-knees

Failed business model brings aviation sector to its knees

The air transport industry in Nigeria is on the verge of collapse, plagued by shortage of funds, high maintenance costs, multiple taxation and poor business models, among others.

Consequently, the number of operational aircraft in the fleets of local airlines has dropped from 54 in 2010 to 39 this year (2013).

Furthermore, in the last few years, many local airlines, including Bellview, ADC, EAS, Air Nigeria, Chanchangi, FirstNation and Dasab have folded up. There are now only six functioning airlines in the country and these operate lean fleets and skeletal flights.

Industry watchers say problems of the aviation sector include lack of high level aircraft service facilities (hangars) in the country and customs duties on importation of aircraft parts.

It is said that the poor state of the nation’s aviation industry is particularly telling, because alternative transportation systems, roads, rail and waterways are likewise crippled by poor infrastructure, government monopoly and neglect.

A cross-section of industry analysts who spoke to BusinessDay, canvassed fresh consolidation for the carriers, as well as getting core professionals to manage the affairs of the sector.

A global consulting firm, Accenture had said in a report on airlines, that a combination of consolidation, public listing, provision of maintenance facilities and local refining of aviation fuel, would reduce the risks of the airline business in Nigeria.

Accenture, in a review of the nation’s aviation industry, also recommended that operators could adopt the low cost carrier model, that government should engage in massive upgrade in airport infrastructure, as well as institute a more efficient regulatory regime.

“In our view therefore, a ‘therapeutic’ consolidation, induced via regulatory requirements such as : capital adequacy ratios, working capital requirements, minimum age of, and number of aircraft per fleet, amongst others, would ensure that airlines are stronger, healthier and potentially operate more safely.

“ This approach is based on lessons learnt from other industries in Nigeria, such as banking, where the minimum capital base was increased, and banks were ‘forced’ to merge”, Accenture said.

The review observed that consolidation could also be achieved via foreign investment, as in the case of KLM/Kenya Airways in 2005, where KLM got 26 percent share for $26million.

“Kenya Airways has developed into one of the most successful airlines in Africa, being consistently profitable at the operating level and growing at annual rate of 8 percent in passenger traffic between 2001 and 2011”, the report said.

Some analysts had also attributed the problems of the airline to owner manager syndrome, apart from funding issues, adding that until many of the owners leave the core operations of airlines to technocrats, the airlines will not survive.

The airlines had been accused of mismanaging the funds sourced from government’s first intervention fund of N300 billion, adding that many of them could not account for its purpose.

Shehul Iyal, senior special assistant to President Goodluck Jonathan on aviation matters, who argued that it was wrong to accuse the Federal Government of failing to assist the operators, had disclosed during a public hearing that 10 airlines got N87 billion from the fund but regretted that ‘lack of cooperation from the agencies and supervising ministry; lack of transparency and accountability in funds management; dilapidated infrastructure and equipment; poor and inadequate facilities; and weak/compromising supervision by the supervising ministry’, contributed to the airlines’ woes.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by ifyalways(f): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2013
Soon and very soon, Nigerians would need visa to fly within the country because only foreign airlines would be on our air space.

Aero, Arik, IRS, medview , etc are all packing up and drowning in debts.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2013
Look Mr. OP, i don't give a damn. The achievements are there for all to see.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by kunlekunle: 9:38am On Apr 09, 2013
they are mostly POlitical projects so not economically viable.
Airport with 250 passengers a day and 150 staff.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 9:48am On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah: Look Mr. OP, i don't give a damn. The achievements are there for all to see.

Keep fooling yourself and keep worshipping mediocrity. Does the revelation here not show, without doubt, all is not well with the aviation sector while government sycophants shout Aviation transformation" everywhere? No one is telling you there is no achievement because even under other terrible leaders Nigeria still recorded "achievements". The point is that, overall, Nigeria is moving backwards. Fundamental problems remain ignored and have even been worsened in some cases.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 9:57am On Apr 09, 2013
Gbawe.:

Keep fooling yourself and keep worshipping mediocrity. Does the revelation here not show, without doubt, all is not well with the aviation sector while government sycophants shout Aviation transformation" everywhere? No one is telling you there is no achievement because even under other terrible leaders Nigeria still recorded "achievements". The point is that, overall, Nigeria is moving backwards. Fundamental problems remain ignored and have even been worsened in some cases.
I repeat Mr. OP, i don't give a damn the acheivements is there for all to see and by God's grace 2015 is taking shape.

2 Likes

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Ngwakwe: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2013
Thank you jare,

Forget about inconsequential back stabbers who sees no good in the success of others.

They cluster in Nairaland to their disgrace to challenge the competence and success of Chinua Achebe.

Any success devoid of Yoruba nomenclature is always termed suspicious while they employ media editorials to rubbish other peoples success while propagating the abysmal failures of their people as success. This is one their antics.

Can you imagine where computer models and photo shops are included as Fashola's achievements while questioning the quality of works on ground of another Governor from other tribes.

Hypocrites on the loose.

Sibrah: Look Mr. OP, i don't give a damn. The achievements are there for all to see.

2 Likes

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by IB5(f): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2013
And some deceitful people wanted us to believe the aviation sector is making progress. not knowing it's in a sorry case. cry
Aviation minister I see you

1 Like

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2013
Mr. OP, sorry for my initial stance. I was only trying to feel what some fellas here feel when they defend a failing Govt. The thing hard no be small oh. Ngwakwe you are your own oh . . . Now i really pity fellas like you.

2 Likes

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by IB5(f): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah: ^look stop saying things that will dampen my 2015 chance. I paid that guy (S9) to clean up my mess here, yet he absconded with my 'dough' when i seem to be down. The aviation sector is booming. That's all i know.

grin oga at the top but infrastructural development in Nigeria is more important than your carrier. We Nigerians "don't give a damn" about the future of your career.

If at all you want to retain that same position in 2015, lying is not the way out. You are the damn president of Africa's most populous nation.

1 Like

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by mike404(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2013
no mind the nkita ara
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 10:29am On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah: ^look stop saying things that will dampen my 2015 chance. I paid that guy (S9) to clean up my mess here, yet he absconded with my 'dough' when i seem to be down. The aviation sector is booming. That's all i know.

grin grin grin grin Joker. Oga , you are surrounded by "chop your dollar" mercenaries. Forget what Okupe, Omokri, Tukur and Maku are telling you. 2015 na long thing.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Maxymilliano(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2013
Why Nigerian airlines do not survive

Nigerian airlines open shops with funfair and before the traveling public gets to settle down to enjoy the services of these airlines, they are out of business. What could be responsible for this inability of
Nigerian airlines to hold their own in the aviation market? Many aviation analysts have tried to proffer solutions to the above problem, but these solutions seem not be enough to address the anomaly.

Among the airlines, which have closed shop or suspended operations in the nation’s aviation sector are Chanchangi, Bellview, ADC, EAS, Slok, Savanna, Triax, Air MidWest, Sosoliso, Oriental, Dasab, Albarka, Fresh Air, Okada, Space World, Harka and Harco, Skypower Express Airways, Capital Airline, Rite Time Aviation, Selcon Airline, the latest being Air Nigeria.

Some of these airlines folded up due to fatal crash, while others died or suspended operations due to management incompetence or financial stress. Among those that closed shops due to fatal crash are Bellview, ADC, EAS, Sosoliso. Others that died due to management and financial problems are Chanchangi, Slok, Savanna,Triax. Air Mid West, Oriental, Dasab, Albarka, French Air, Okada, Space World, Harka and Harco and recently Air Nigeria.

The worry over Nigeria’s aviation sector is not restricted to Nigeria, but the international community is also worried as financial institutions and international lenders now view the nation’s aviation industry with caution. Since the final collapse of Nigeria Airways following a prolonged coma, Nigeria has not had a national carrier.

Currently, Nigeria has three airlines doing uninterrupted schedule flight, while two others have flight operations  not too stable. The three that are operating daily are Arik Air, Aero Contractors, and IRS. The two that are doing complementary flights are Overland, and Associated Airline. Few weeks ago, a new airline, Med-View Airline, entered the daily flight operation market.

Though Med- View has been involved in yearly air lift of Muslim pilgrims to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, it is, however, too early in the day to know how it will fare.

Arik Air, though relatively new, and has its own challenges, ranks as the biggest airline in the country today and the fastest growing airline in West Africa.

Aero Contractors is the oldest airline in Nigeria. It started operations in 1959 and has worked closely with the Nigerian oil and gas industry before venturing into scheduled domestic operations in 2002.

IRS and Overland are over 10 years old and still in business despite having very few aircrafts.

The Associated Airlines has also been in operation for 25 years despite the turbulence in the industry.

Air Nigeria, formerly Virgin Nigeria, was established in 2004 when the federal government and Virgin Atlantic Airways signed a Memorandum of Mutual Understanding on its take off. The airline, then trading as Virgin Nigeria Airways, started operation on June 28, 2005 with flights to London. It suspended operation recently. The chairman, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, had said in a statement that it was “difficult to continue further investment in the carrier with the high level of staff disloyalty and weak business environment.” Ibrahim further said “Corporations are like individuals, who naturally will get sick, and the usual thing to do is to admit them to hospitals, either for corporate surgery or for treatment, as the case may be.”

Okada Air was founded in 1983 and ceased operations in 1995 due to lack of finance and proper management. Attempt was made some years ago to revive the airline, but this never came to fruition.

EAS Airlines was owned by Captain Idris Wada, the incumbent Governor of Kogi State. The carrier was established on December 23, 1983. It began operations as EAS Cargo Airlines, but stopped cargo flights in January 1992 and set up an executive jet charter service under the name Executive Airline Services, EAS, in November 1993. On May 4,2002, EAS Flight 4226, a BAC One-Eleven 500 twin-engine jet crashed into houses upon take-off from Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, killing 75 passengers and crew members on board as well almost 70 persons aground. The airline was eventually sold to Chairman of Global Fleet, Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, who changed its name to NICON Airways, which operated for a few weeks before its demise.

Chanchangi Airlines, once regarded as the biggest carrier with over 60 percent of the traffic, was established on May 2, 1997 by Alhaji Ahmadu Chanchangi and started flight operations to and from Kaduna, Lagos, Owerri, Abuja and Port Harcourt. 

By 2006, signs that all was not well with the airline became obvious as the carrier’s fleet reduced from 12 aircraft to five, and later to two. In 2010, the airline’s fleet dropped to one as it was hit by financial crisis and alleged poor management.

Aviation Development Company Plc, ADC, started operation in December 1984. In 1990 the company set up ADC Airlines, which became operational on January 1, 1991. In 1994, it was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).The airline was involved in a fatal crash which marked the end of the airline.

In 1992, Bellview Airlines emerged out of Bellview Travels Limited, a Lagos-based travel agency. In 1993, it started scheduled domestic passenger services with a leased Douglas DC-9-30. Bellview Airlines suspended operations following the suspension of its London Heathrow services. It eventually died when it was involved in fatal crash .

Sosoliso was less than six years old when it had a crash in 2007 in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, killing school children and others on board.

Slok, owned by a former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, only flew for a few months before its operating licence was withdrawn for allegedly violating safety rule. The carrier, however, attributed its problem to the face-off between its promoter and former President Olusegun Obasanjo during the run-up to the 2007 elections.

For others like Chanchangi, Albarka and Savannah, government’s policies in the aviation industry are believed to have caused them incalculable damage. Albarka even went to the Stock Exchange and was listed before its demise.

Albarka and Savannah had BAC 1-11, B737-200 dominating their fleet, but the crash of EAS plane in Gwamaja near Kano in 2002, killing the then Sports Minister, Ishaya Mark Aku and all other passengers, forced the government to bar the aircraft type. This policy also affected Chanchangi Airlines, which was left with only three airplanes after the policy grounded the other aircraft.

The big question is why it is difficult for airlines to survive in Nigeria. Analysts who spoke on the development attributed most of the problems faced by the airlines to managerial incompetence and policy inconsistency.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2013
I-B.:

grin oga at the top but infrastructural development in Nigeria is more important than your carrier. We Nigerians "don't give a damn" about the future of your career.

If at all you want to retain that same position in 2015, lying is not the way out. You are the damn president of Africa's most populous nation.
Sorry about the change in stance on issue bro. That thing happens between me and my wife, Agip, and even MEND all the time. As for your comment, i have the biggest trash can ever for it. What i need from you is to come chop () with me in here and scratch my back properly.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by IB5(f): 10:40am On Apr 09, 2013
Gbawe.:

grin grin grin grin Joker. Oga , you are surrounded by "chop your dollar" mercenaries. Forget what Okupe, Omokri, Tukur and Maku are telling you. 2015 na long thing.

Egbon you wan burst sincere 9jerian bubble and spoil market for am. Please don't increase the amount of unemployed youth in this country. grin
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 10:42am On Apr 09, 2013
Gbawe.:

Oh! So you code! Cordially Inviting you to my cassava bread and Otueke fish feast. Before you call me 'retardiin', remember even Bros J feed multitudes during his time with same. We have more wine than the all Nigerian water works ministry put together.
Signed: Team Fresh Air.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Thank you jare,

Forget about inconsequential back stabbers who sees no good in the success of others.

They cluster in Nairaland to their disgrace to challenge the competence and success of Chinua Achebe.

Any success devoid of Yoruba nomenclature is always termed suspicious while they employ media editorials to rubbish other peoples success while propagating the abysmal failures of their people as success. This is one their antics.

Can you imagine where computer models and photo shops are included as Fashola's achievements while questioning the quality of works on ground of another Governor from other tribes.

Hypocrites on the loose.

This is the thing with people like you. Bigoted beyond redemption. What are you mentioning ethnic groups here for? Do you think everyone is a pathetic bigot like you? You can never rise above the petty bigotry that blights every aspect of your life. Sadly, you end up disgracing Nigeria in the process.

A non-Nigerian reading this thread , and coming from a nation of mentally balanced folks, would would wonder what your rabid outburst is about since the issue, as laid out, is very straightforward!!!!

It is revealed that your nation's aviation sector has problems. Issues, for balanced citizen, should be about an insistence on those responsible shaping up or shipping out. Rather than face issues, you are foaming at the mouth and ranting against Yoruba people. Your garbage rant makes no sense and only show your sort are cursed never to be able to see anything at all without ethnic colouration. I call out incompetence regularly and regardless of the ethnicity of whoever is involved so take a hike buddy. I am a secure, well-exposed and cosmopolitan-minded person and can never be the sad, petty, myopic and indoctrinated bigot you and others are.

Show where I have defended any worthless Yoruba person such as OBJ, Okupe, Abati, Daniel, Oyinlola, Agagu et al and show where I have joined in the denigration of Achebe or heckled the likes of Barth Nnaji. Your unfairly prejudicial minds, that leads you to stereotype everyone, will continue to damage you and everyone around you. Mark my word.

2 Likes

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by IB5(f): 10:50am On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah:
Sorry about the change in stance on issue bro. That thing happens between me and my wife, Agip, and even MEND all the time. As for your comment, i have the biggest trash can ever for it. What i need from you is to come chop () with me in here and scratch my back properly.

Nice try, I for join but my conscience won't let me rest if I do.

No vex Oga at the top wink
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 10:54am On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah: Oh! So you code! Cordially Inviting you to my cassava bread and Otueke fish feast. Before you call me 'retardiin', remember even Bros J feed multitudes during his time with same. We have more wine than the all Nigerian water works ministry put together.
Signed: Team Fresh Air.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Oga , with all due respect, I don't want wine. I would appreciate a fuel marketer licence far more. Thanks in advance for your generosity.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2013
You want it, and there you have it as long as 2011 repeats itself.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah: You want it, and there you have it as long as 2011 repeats itself.

No Problem. 50% of my 'profit' towards your 2015 campaign funds abi? Done deal oga. No shaking.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by vizboy(m): 11:20am On Apr 09, 2013
opposition party is smelling allover these article just to earn cheap point. Cause they dont want to hear anything good from naija. Badbelle people
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Ngwakwe: 11:24am On Apr 09, 2013
This thread is all about tarnishing the perceived achievements of Stella Odua who is not a Yoruba

You can camouflage your intentions to appear neutral to your unsuspecting like minds but your choice of propaganda threads and commentaries are political and equally sectionalized

You keep silence when you are required to contribute and make much noise with issues propagating South West supremacist ideology.

I am not in your league because I have a stated mission among many objectives to bring to public domain people like you who use their intellectual prowess for only political gains.

It is on record that you and most (not all) of your learned class from South West are setting two standards of judgement for Nigerians, high ladder for others and moderate and permissive level for South Westerners.

You may use deceitful and ambiguous political editorials and commentaries to promote your party and people and make them more electable using all social and print media while discrediting and questioning the credibility of your opponents.

Stop thinking that nobody is decoding your pranks and other tribal monikers.

Gbawe.:

This is the thing with people like you. Bigoted beyond redemption. What are you mentioning ethnic groups here for? Do you think everyone is a pathetic bigot like you? You can never rise above the petty bigotry that blights every aspect of your life. Sadly, you end up disgracing Nigeria in the process.

A non-Nigerian reading this thread , and coming from a nation of mentally balanced folks, would would wonder what your rabid outburst is about since the issue, as laid out, is very straightforward!!!!

It is revealed that your nation's aviation sector has problems. Issues, for balanced citizen, should be about an insistence on those responsible shaping up or shipping out. Rather than face issues, you are foaming at the mouth and ranting against Yoruba people. Your garbage rant makes no sense and only show your sort are cursed never to be able to see anything at all without ethnic colouration. I call out incompetence regularly and regardless of the ethnicity of whoever is involved so take a hike buddy. I am a secure, well-exposed and cosmopolitan-minded person and can never be the sad, petty, myopic and indoctrinated bigot you and others are.

Show where I have defended any worthless Yoruba person such as OBJ, Okupe, Abati, Daniel, Oyinlola, Agagu et al and show where I have joined in the denigration of Achebe or heckled the likes of Barth Nnaji. Your unfairly prejudicial minds, that leads you to stereotype everyone, will continue to damage you and everyone around you. Mark my word.

1 Like

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Sibrah: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2013
^^Tarnishing what ? . . . all the airlines are closing shop under her and you are here talking about achievements. Look specify your achievements for all to see (+ve or -ve) so i can be sure you are not trying to rival my initial representation of GEJ-Forever army here.

1 Like

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by otokx(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
welldone ngakwe
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Noiseless2: 12:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
Gbawe must do what his people are known to be doing all the time, GREEN SNAKES hidding in GREEN GRASS poping up seaching for who to strick, very deadly serpents they are.

1 Like

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Emperor007: 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is it today that you realized the poor state of Nigerian Aviation Sector?

You people want to start again, huh?

If your campaign is about changing the Minister for Aviation, and appoint your person that ruined the sector, FORGET IT.

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Emperor007: 1:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nigeria is the only country on this planet producing crude oil, that imports refined petroleum products.

Who has been running and kept oil and gas sector the way it's today? What have you done before GEJ administration, to create awareness or correct it?

Based on the Aviation ministry profile, who ruined that sector or created most of its present issues?

It is you people's attitude and mind set that makes every right thinking Igbo want an independent Igbo ( Eastern ) nation, we can negotiate on terms of cooperation. We can not continue to pretend that we're one, just to deceive others and benefit from it.

For how long are we going to continue this way?

1 Like

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: This thread is all about tarnishing the perceived achievements of Stella Odua who is not a Yoruba

You can camouflage your intentions to appear neutral to your unsuspecting like minds but your choice of propaganda threads and commentaries are political and equally sectionalized

You keep silence when you are required to contribute and make much noise with issues propagating South West supremacist ideology.

I am not in your league because I have a stated mission among many objectives to bring to public domain people like you who use their intellectual prowess for only political gains.

It is on record that you and most (not all) of your learned class from South West are setting two standards of judgement for Nigerians, high ladder for others and moderate and permissive level for South Westerners.

You may use deceitful and ambiguous political editorials and commentaries to promote your party and people and make them more electable using all social and print media while discrediting and questioning the credibility of your opponents.

Stop thinking that nobody is decoding your pranks and other tribal monikers.

The conclusive rants of paranoid delusions. Why not ask Afam4eva or any other mod about "Other tribal monikers" I use here? State any, right now, and let Afam4eva simply confirm those user names have ever posted from the same IP address I post from.

You must think I am the jobless loser you are with time to be creating several ID's. Who am I trying to deceive here or convince of anything? You and the other cretins and losers here who clearly don't have a life and take this forum far too seriously than is healthy?

You are simply another paranoid charlatan indoctrinated to see "hatred" and 'persecution' in the eyes of others. I have no time for folks like you because, sadly, what afflicts you cannot be cured. You were indoctrinated and raised with it so I only have pity for people like you. It must really suck to go through life with all the insecurity, paranoia, inferiority and persecution complex that makes you such a deluded loser.
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
Emperor_007: Is it today that you realized the poor state of Nigerian Aviation Sector?

You people want to start again, huh?

If your campaign is about changing the Minister for Aviation, and appoint your person that ruined the sector, FORGET IT.

Noiseless2: Gbawe must do what his people are known to be doing all the time, GREEN SNAKES hidding in GREEN GRASS poping up seaching for who to strick, very deadly serpents they are.

Look at them. Clannish, shameless people. Must you people always display your aberrant conduct so foolishly? Peddle all the stereotypes as much as you want and make this an ethnic issues as your sort are predisposed to doing but wrong remains wrong for balanced people. It is the same way GEJ is stinking up the joint with the sort of poor leadership now drawing unprecedented and direct condemnation worldwide. Yet it is folks like you who clannishly support mediocrity blindly.

Perhaps David Cameron, The Ghanaian economist Ayittey or even the American who asked for GEJ's impeachment are Yorubas. Nonsense. Some of you are so blinded with empty and arrogant bigotry you don't even appreciate how insane you sound to normal folks. I don't know why any leader should be above criticism from any section of the country for poor performance. That is why, at the very start, I said GEJ and the "40 thieves" i.e all his poor Ministers, most selected without recourse to merit, to include Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws or Igbos. You are all sad and should get a life. It is unthinking "foot soldiers" like you Nigerian leaders use while they, from all corners of the nation, loot Nigeria dry and incompetently hold back th so called "giant of Africa".
Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by PointB: 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
The report leaned more on the incompentency of the airline operators despite government best efforts to help the industry. Anyone noted how he carefully avoided where government intervention by means of fund injection and otherwise was overlooked.

Unfortunately the Op would rather twist and turn it the other way round just to score cheap point and whip up sentiment against the hard working avaiation minsiter and current aviation industry transformation efforts. It's refreshing to note though that many are beginning to pay attention to the op and his ilk whose agende is simply to promote disaffection and whip up sentiment. I have long aptly termed him Resident Hypocrite and ACN laptop #1. Folks like him are dangerous breeds - slow but sure poison!

6 Likes

Re: Failed Business Model Brings Aviation Sector To Its Knees by Gbawe2: 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2013
Sibrah: ^^Tarnishing what ? . . . all the airlines are closing shop under her and you are here talking about achievements. Look specify your achievements for all to see (+ve or -ve) so i can be sure you are not trying to rival my initial representation of GEJ-Forever army here.

You know , these sort are mentally sick. It is when I am in other African nations, because you don't see outright good or bad being made an ethnic issue, that I appreciate how badly Nigeria's challenges have been complicated by the ethnocentric antics of her people. You cannot even point out correctly there is problems in a sector without some paranoid maniac working an ethnic angle into your submission or saying you want to replace some leader with "your people". The sad thing about these losers is that they do not understand that some exist who just want a well-run Nation. GEJ has simply assembled a bunch of mediocrities to run the affairs of the nation. They are from all ethnic groups and are messing up everywhere because many, like GEJ himself, were not chosen on merit.

WHy, for example, are prominent world leaders and non-Nigerian commentators bucking the diplomatic trend to openly take GEJ to task? It is because the incompetence of the man and his cabinet is too much even for Nigeria !!!! Is it not Reuters that leaked the Ribadu report in which GEJ was advised to put a stop to Nigeria abetting graft against itself via continuing, as the only major exporter of crude to do so, selling oil through traders? Many months later, the entire world sees GEJ still ignoring this common sense advise that will benefit Nigeria.

This is the sort of thing that disgraces GEJ and his incompetent team and reveal their lack of will and devotion to corruption. If some cannot admit the truth and would rather invoke ethnicity every time, then that is their own personal problem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno / Meet A 13-year-old Girl With An IQ Higher Than Albert Einstein’s / What Will UN Seat Get For Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.