Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

What Will Make You Disown Your Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will Make You Disown Your Child? (14935 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / What Can Make You Disown Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2013
Ujujoan: Any parent who disowns his/her child is an irresponsible parent!

If you played your part as a parent there would be no reason to dis-own the child now will there

You should know that parenting(either good or bad) is not the cause of certain/various behaviours and attitudes in kids. There are bad kids from good parents and vice-versa.

@OP,
I will disown my son if he's an unrepentant killer, Armed robber/criminal or homosexual.

For my daughters, I can't think of any.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by hpk(m): 11:53am On Jan 26, 2013
when my child sees a brief-case filled with pounds and takes it to the police station.

3 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by joe4christ(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2013
[size=15pt]The word of the lord cannot be broken;

Proverb 22:6
1)The bible says; Train up a child in the way he should go and when he grows up he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 13:24 NIV
2)Spare the rod and spoil the child

Not abiding by this divine principle of raising up kids, you will surely regret it someday. [/size]
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by valicious1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ujujoan: Any parent who disowns his/her child is an irresponsible parent!

Who are you disowning him/her for?

When you were doing that it, it was so delicious that you forgot you'll be responsible for the outcome - a child!

If you disown him, who will then own him?

If you played your part as a parent there would be no reason to dis-own the child now will there
Both you and the people 'liking' your posts reason like inexperienced kids. There are numerous situations where children have done so many wicked & unimmaginable things to parents, actions that would make any sane heart drown in tears. Some years ago while I was serving in ughelli lga delta state, their was a case where a boy strangled his elder sister just because his friend got her pregnant, when the father discovered the hidden corpse in his (the son's) room the next day & was about alerting the neighbours, the boy dealt him with severe deep matchet cuts which left his skull open & ran away to an unkown destination. So if you are in the father'as shoes you would welcome him back to your home with open arms if he returns the next day.

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by klax(m): 12:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
Child like Charlie Boy

No offence that is my on view
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by ceejayluv(m): 12:19pm On Jan 26, 2013
Homosexuality...
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by joe4christ(m): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2013
hpk: when my child sees a brief-case filled with pounds and takes it to the police station.

And if he does'nt, then he sure cant be yours cos a thief only beggot a thief, it ought to be in the blood Huh?
I think i quite understood you!
Ole buruku!
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 26, 2013
byvan: I can never disown my child for any reason,disowning him does not stop people from associating you with him or her.What is the point of being a mother if you can actually disown a child you don't want?My child will always be my child.
wat of if he beats u up?
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Omen100(m): 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
engrtee: At times when i go through journals and ,newspapers . I hear parents who disown children for several reasons. Notable among them are

TENAGE PREGNANCY

Fathers often disown their daughters with unwanted pregnanancy for bringing shame to the house

DISABILITY

Parent after given birth to a child discover he is born blind,lame ,deaf and dumb etc and dont want to carry the stigma often abandon d child

NONBIOLOGICAL FATHER

husbands discovering that one of d children isnt his own through DNA asks d wife to let go of the child.

UNAPPROVED BEHAVIOR

Parent who have tried to disuade their ward from smoking,drinking,womanising,armed robbery,tatooing, etc disown their child

The list goes on and on.u can add more.

What wil make you ever think of disownin ur child.is it worth it? Does it help curb d issue or does it worsen the case?

None of the reasons stated above will make me disown my children, but I will disowned if they should hurting their mother physically, emotionally & otherwise because I won't tolerate any child child hitting their mother because I myself doesn't raise my hands on their mother, so its an unforgivable sin.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by stexsy(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
NOTHING::::::: ;DNOTHING:::::::
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by stexsy(m): 1:07pm On Jan 26, 2013
alpha conde: I will disown only if the child say am not his/her father
we don hear
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Frostyzone(m): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2013
Blood is thicker than water, so absolutely nothing!
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by lifesabeach: 1:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Well, sometimes parents do their part but the said children choose another path in life. I have seen a lot of wayward pastor/ imam's children, especially when they are abroad!! It's left for you to pray for them and distance yourself if necessary but I cannot disown any child, no matter what. I have to forgive as my God keeps forgiving me.
Now, if he/she wan kill me, that na another story oooo!!! dem go see my fury!! No matter how tall okra plant fit grow, the farmer who plant am go fit cut am down anytime. angry

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by MRMICKMEN: 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
if the child is older than the father(me)i will disown him

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by HAH: 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2013
In the biologicaL sense your child will always be your child but socially one can do away with a child and forget him.

Personally I will disown my child if he commits "RIDDA"
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2013
Roliks09: What about diowning a child cos of the mother's bad behaviou? Like refusing to have anything to do wit the kids if the mother for example, tried to kill the father?

That is verrrry mean. Why would the children suffer for the sins of their mum? It's not right...
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by famousg: 2:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Am not capable of doing such shirt period.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
nothing...so long that child came out of me he/she will know how to act right
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by crackhaus: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2013
I've come to realize that children from apparently stable/good/religious homes grow up with a keen knowledge of right Vs wrong. The only reason a child from such a home would become rebellous, angry, stubborn and mischievous is because he/she is trying to get back at his parents(mom or dad or both) for something they must have done that hurt the child really bad even if he/she never said so.
I think any parent wanting to disown a child as a result of bad behaviour should look back attentively & try to recall exactly when the child's character worsened. I bet you, you will find out that something triggered that rebellous behaviour, something the parents were the cause of. So instead of dis-owning, why not sit this child down and with open heart, without judgements ask him why. When he/she tells you & you see its actually something the parents did, parents should learn to say 'I'm sorry' to their kids. This is something most nigerian parents never do because they believe everything they do is always best for their children, in actual reality, this is very far from the truth

3 Likes

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by remecy(f): 3:12pm On Jan 26, 2013
I CAN NEVA DISOWNED MY CHILD FOR ANYTHING. IF YOU TRAIN UR CHILD PROPERLY THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO DISOWNED HIM EVEN PEERS CAN NOT INFLUENCE HIM. AND REMEMBER THAT THE ATTITUDE YOU DON'T LIKE WAS NOT BOUGHT FROM THE MARKET THEY INHERITED IT FROM YOU
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by manmustwac(m): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2013
Muslims will disown their children or even kill them if they foundout they foundout they left their religion to become a christian or atheist. Its called honour killing
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
Roliks09: What about diowning a child cos of the mother's bad behaviou? Like refusing to have anything to do wit the kids if the mother for example, tried to kill the father?
Are u a baby? if parent hv problem ,what dose that hv to do with d Children eh.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
alpha conde: I will disown only if the child say am not his/her father
Then u are nt the one disowning the Child.instead he/she did.
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by etalker: 3:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
I'll only disown him when he turns gay

1 Like

Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by salt1: 3:58pm On Jan 26, 2013
valicious1:
Both you and the people 'liking' your posts reason like inexperienced kids. There are numerous situations where children have done so many wicked & unimmaginable things to parents, actions that would make any sane heart drown in tears. Some years ago while I was serving in ughelli lga delta state, their was a case where a boy strangled his elder sister just because his friend got her pregnant, when the father discovered the hidden corpse in his (the son's) room the next day & was about alerting the neighbours, the boy dealt him with severe deep matchet cuts which left his skull open & ran away to an unkown destination. So if you are in the father'as shoes you would welcome him back to your home with open arms if he returns the next day.

Sounds like the young man had psychiatric problems. Possibly from smoking weed. The case isn't normal at all. It rarely gets this bad.
Parents know that children pass through a rebellious teen/adolescent stage as they struggle to define and discover themselves independent of their parents' values. But they usually outgrow this.
Disowning is like killing a mosquito with a gun. Absolutely unnecessary and people won't believe you
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by lifesabeach: 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2013
Well, sometimes parents do their part but the said children choose another path in life. I have seen a lot of wayward pastor/ imam's children, especially when they are abroad!! It's left for you to pray for them and distance yourself if necessary but I cannot disown any child, no matter what. I have to forgive as my God keeps forgiving me.
Now, if he/she wan kill me, that na another story oooo!!! dem go see my fury!! No matter how tall okra plant fit grow, the farmer who plant am go fit cut am down anytime. angry
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing..............not on earth
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 26, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Then u are nt the one disowning the Child.instead he/she did.
i wld instead pray for him........and advice him...
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
remecy: I CAN NEVA DISOWNED MY CHILD FOR ANYTHING. IF YOU TRAIN UR CHILD PROPERLY THERE WILL BE NO NEED TO DISOWNED HIM EVEN PEERS CAN NOT INFLUENCE HIM. AND REMEMBER THAT THE ATTITUDE YOU DON'T LIKE WAS NOT BOUGHT FROM THE MARKET THEY INHERITED IT FROM YOU
ryt on point........fact
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
mondi_cheeks: nothing...so long that child came out of me he/she will know how to act right
incredible
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
Hackin: wat of if he beats u up?
ewo oro ni igboro enu.............and wat on earth wld initiate such act
Re: What Will Make You Disown Your Child? by WAM1(f): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
Nothing! I could have the child arrested or disciplined for bad conduct but never disowned. What is mine is mines...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Poor People Have So Many Kids / I Want My Husband To Be My Slave / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.