Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? (10000 Views)

One Piece (anime/manga) / The Most Violent Or Action Packed Movie Ever / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
all these people sef... lol..

haven't watch much animes apart from the popular naruto, bleach, death note, one piece...

about to download beserk and the rest... for christmas viewing.. grin
too many exams now.. cry
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Oh yes and if on enjoyed dragonaut (I loathed it, stoopid gonzo time wasting bast***s, but I'd still recommend these) you might as well see ikkitousen, queens blade, and particularly QWASER. They all have brilliant plots, action, xter development, logic among many other things...
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lol. Dude! I checked your list. You mean to tell me you ranked Rurouni Kenshin, one of my favourite anime EVER, 4/10?!!!! Waaaaat?!!!!!
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
vescucci: Lol. Dude! I checked your list. You mean to tell me you ranked Rurouni Kenshin, one of my favourite anime EVER, 4/10?!!!! Waaaaat?!!!!!

I've changed my mind a bit with regards to those scores with time, so some of them are off, but I still would rank kenshin an average 6 even now. To me it's generic shonen lol, not much to see. I don't particularly care for the xters, plot, etc..
I wonder if hunter x hunter will appeal to you if you like kenshin, but it's a bit long.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
Anything more than 3 seasons is not for me. Actually, Rurouni Kenshin probably enjoys the nostalgic effect. I watched it when I was 14. I used to be maaaaad about Pokemon then and could recite them like scripture. So, I guess you're right. Please recommend adult stuff that will be really serious and not more than 3 seasons. Elfen Lied is cool but these people are children sad
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
I know not what you speak of, pokemon is relevant to all ages, even grand pas smiley
A lot of elfen lied is disturbing, and probably senseless or gratuitous. It does have one the better last 1-2 episodes of anime though.

If you want to see children in, erm, situations, 'Now and Here, There and Then'. No naked kiddies here (thankfully), in fact, not so much violence as well. But the stuff that happens...

Top pick though, If you're fairly new and just want to be entertained, watch code geass.

ALL HAIL BRITTANIA!!!
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
Lol. Yeah. I have been told about Code Geass. I will download it presently. Arigatou gozaisamu
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
have you guys seen this-[b]Can’t You Hear My Heartbeat? by Herman’s Hermits[/b]lord ve mercy!!!Aaaah! Too much blood! Need some non-violent anime to cleanse my eyes! shocked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5-Y9vLq0dt0
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Wordsmith(m): 3:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
How come nobody has mentioned Korokuza amongst violent animes?

Other mentions:

High School Of The Dead tongue

Elfin Lied

Claymore

Beserk

Ninja Scroll

Hellsing

Deadman Wonderland

Gantz (particularly sick tongue)

If you read manhwa as well, this titles are pretty violent as well -

Veritas

Dangu (Shaman Warrior)

Choonchu
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2012
wiegraf:

My inability to focus probably got in the way, 3x3 eyes is probably one of the softer I recommended as far as violence is concerned. Looking at that list, I'd say they are more, what word to use... disturbing (still can't think of a better term) than violent shonen-like. I suppose something like s-cryed or gun x sword would qualify as violent, they each have a monster of the week (and are directed by oga goro from code geass, does code geass qualify as violent?).
Then again, they are also more or else regular shonen which are sort of ubiquitous. Stand out, as far as having a different feel and being fairly violent I would think would be shigurui, maybe baccano (def different, well, seinen at least, I'm just not a huge fan, but it's undeniably good). 3x3 eyes does have its charm though, you could say it has its own unique feel, and the prerequisite hapless immortal violently dying rather creatively again, and again, lol (personally, I'd rather watch 3x3 over say baccano, but I can't say it's the more violent).

Others violent, fairly disturbing,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpse_Princess
Is a strange beast, didn't pick up for me till later episodes, when it did though it did well. has it's unique feel too, fairly violent, some great action scenes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdy_the_Mighty
Never really grabbed me as far story is concerned. Action scenes different, but perhaps the best I've seen. Some are just ridiculous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga-rei
Never finished this, can't remember why, story was meh I guess. action? violence? Has one of the best opening episodes I've seen as far those 2 categories were concerned, and sort of maintained the pace.

I got the kip thorne book you reccommended a while back, thanks, its been useful, I hope to digest it properly soon enough

Glad you liked the Kip Thorne book and thanks for the other suggestions as far as other anime to check out. I wouldn't really consider Code Geass "violent" although there is clearly combat and violence. It's not really more violent than most anime that have some combat in them. Still one of my favorite anime ever though - the story/writing is just brilliant. The only anime that you mentioned in this post that I've watched so far are Baccano and Code Geass, both of which I liked a lot. I'll try to look at those other ones. Also, I watched the first 2 episodes of 3*3 eyes yesterday. It had an interesting start, although it hasn't really impressed me like Mnemosyne did.

Getting back to the subject of violent anime, Durarara is a great anime that is sometimes violent and has great writing/storylines.

Another anime I liked that is pretty violent at times is Black Lagoon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lagoon

I also noticed your username is an RPG reference. Are you watching Sword Art Online by any chance?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2012
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2012
LightningLord: @ves,
This isn't everything I've seen, but a lot of my favs are there, and ranked. And not too many never ending shonen around anyways

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/whatanimu

That's a long and a good list. I probably haven't watched that many anime, but a lot of my favorites are on that list (Neon Genesis, Cowboy Bebop, Last Exile, Mushishi, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and some others) and I agree with your ratings for most of the ones there that I have seen, but did you really think Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was only a 4/10 and Samurai Champloo was only a 6/10? Just a bit surprised. Also, I can recommend watching Serial Experiments Lain, Tenjho Tenge, Trigun and Paranoia Agent if you're looking to add any more great anime to that list.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2012
off topic, a bit, but has anyone picked interest in the Japanes language (Nihongo)?

I speak a bit, took it up as a language course last year. It's a fairly easy language to learn. And in a way, makes watching animes a tad more interesting..
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by MacDaddy01: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: off topic, a bit, but has anyone picked interest in the Japanes language (Nihongo)?

I speak a bit, took it up as a language course last year. It's a fairly easy language to learn. And in a way, makes watching animes a tad more interesting..

You are mad. I am learning japanese. Hiragana alone is difficult.

Baka
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 11:11am On Oct 09, 2012
musKeeto: It's a fairly easy language to learn.

You aren't human, are you?

Well, I'm actually terrible with languages other than english so it might be more difficult me. The only thing I've picked up is 'baka', and maybe 'dozo'

English sef na manage, considering the confusion I seem to create in various situations
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Glad you liked the Kip Thorne book and thanks for the other suggestions as far as other anime to check out. I wouldn't really consider Code Geass "violent" although there is clearly combat and violence. It's not really more violent than most anime that have some combat in them. Still one of my favorite anime ever though - the story/writing is just brilliant. The only anime that you mentioned in this post that I've watched so far are Baccano and Code Geass, both of which I liked a lot. I'll try to look at those other ones. Also, I watched the first 2 episodes of 3*3 eyes yesterday. It had an interesting start, although it hasn't really impressed me like Mnemosyne did.

Getting back to the subject of violent anime, Durarara is a great anime that is sometimes violent and has great writing/storylines.

Another anime I liked that is pretty violent at times is Black Lagoon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lagoon

I also noticed your username is an RPG reference. Are you watching Sword Art Online by any chance?

no, I haven't seen anything new in a bit (even code geass ova, gundam unicorn, eva movies, last exile 2 (have you seen, is it as good as 1? I saw opening ep or 2, sort of glad to see Dio alive)..... I could go on and on sad ). Could you tell me what's worth seeing from maybe 2010?

Black lagoon I dropped. Everyone I know that's seen it calls me baka as a result. I guess I'll have pick it up again and see what I'm missing.

Oh yes, durarara is in the spirit of baccano, just maybe less violent.

Yeah, 3x3 has a bit (note: bit) of the studio ghibly feel, I think that's why I like it, but it's not particularly violent or too different.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 12:43pm On Oct 09, 2012
PhysicsQED:

That's a long and a good list. I probably haven't watched that many anime
Lucky you, if only I could get a refund for my time from certain studios

PhysicsQED:
but a lot of my favorites are on that list (Neon Genesis, Cowboy Bebop, Last Exile, Mushishi, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and some others)

You sir, have near impeccable taste. Almost as good as mine (true impeccability)

PhysicsQED:
and I agree with your ratings for most of the ones there that I have seen, but did you really think Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex was only a 4/10 and Samurai Champloo was only a 6/10? Just a bit surprised.

With time, some of those have aged well, other not so much. SAC 1 I found boring. Also, I thought the xters a bit hypocritical (probably not a fair assessment), and I took it as trying to appear derper than it actually was. I probably thought it a bit overrated, hence the slightly silly rebel-against-the-man score. But even now I wouldn't grade it past 6. SAC 2 was all meh-ish as well for me till the rather spectacular final arc. That was truly beautiful, so I could grade SAC 2 maybe a 7, but it would get that score only because of that arc.

Shamploo was just meh for me, nothing new or particularly special. Also cowboy bepop trounced it mercilessly in every single category, so maybe a bit of disappointment as well. To be fair, cowboy bepop I think is a bit special, tough task to ask him to top that. It probably was a fluke actually

PhysicsQED:
Also, I can recommend watching Serial Experiments Lain, Tenjho Tenge, Trigun and Paranoia Agent if you're looking to add any more great anime to that list.

Tenge I've seen to a point, then read manga past the point the anime stopped at. Oh great!'s writing clusterbeep and excellent art work, a style comparable bleach's kubo
. The writing, it's like they are on some really strong drugs... But I'd say Great is better, definitely. He at least puts backgrounds in his work (good ones too, lazy a$$ kubo), and is perhaps more mature and ambitious . Have you read air blade, oh great's other famous manga? I'm not sure if there's an anime adaptation. It's in the spirit of tenjou.

Lain, paranoia agent I've always wanted to see. Trigun I usually ignored. Thanks, will give them a try.

If you haven't seen planetes, perhaps you should. I know, garbage men in space, but at least it's the same writer/director crew from code geass. It is NOTHING like geass, but just as brilliant (for any others, if it's action or constant entertainment a la geass you want to see, ignore this recommendation). Geass and planetes are arguably my all time favorites. They also worked together on infinite ryvius, which is something like lord of the flies in space, but ryvius is nothing too fancy (though I enjoyed it).
And the original mangaka of planetes has a manga called
vinland saga, very good, very very violent. Vikings...

Btw, you've played ff tactics?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2012
Badt guys!!! grin

I need to find a living torrent for Code Geass. sad. Most of the sites to download anime have been cracked down upon by the powers that be
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
Got banned angry. Won't be around here for a while. But just had to reply my non-Japanese speaking friends.. tongue

MacDaddy01:

You are mad. I am learning japanese. Hiragana alone is difficult.

Baka
Yeah, I'm mad. I take crazy options, prob why I'm in India. Why learn hiragana when there's romaji. I've also memorised a few kanji. It's an interesting language, really..
as to baka, fuzakeiru na... dolt tongue

wiegraf:

You aren't human, are you?

Well, I'm actually terrible with languages other than english so it might be more difficult me. The only thing I've picked up is 'baka', and maybe 'dozo'

English sef na manage, considering the confusion I seem to create in various situations

I'm also terrible with language, still can't speak Igbo.. But I probably had the interest that's why it was easy. Or cos my other choices were french and german.. who knows?

Hoping to do an internship at NEC Japan this Christmas .. fingers crossed

see y'all next week when my ban expires.. keep kicking anony and ihedinobis ass by the way.. grin
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2012
mosquito2
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
muskeeto2: Got banned angry. Won't be around here for a while. But just had to reply my non-Japanese speaking friends.. tongue

Yeah, I'm mad. I take crazy options, prob why I'm in India. Why learn hiragana when there's romaji. I've also memorised a few kanji. It's an interesting language, really..
as to baka, fuzakeiru na... dolt tongue

I'm also terrible with language, still can't speak Igbo.. But I probably had the interest that's why it was easy. Or cos my other choices were french and german.. who knows?

Hoping to do an internship at NEC Japan this Christmas .. fingers crossed

see y'all next week when my ban expires.. keep kicking anony and ihedinobis ass by the way.. grin

Nippon, that could be cool. I sort of considered a program they have where they recruit teachers from all over the world for 2-3 years, I forget what it's called, but it's supposedly popular. Of course I didn't follow up, but you could check it out if interested. However, iirc, you can't get in with a 9ja passport.... $deity bless us, and you'd probably have to finish your program first

And I've been trying to figure out why you were banned. I can't see you making any threats (in fact some dude threatened to beat you up, lol, good job), so it looks like censorship to me..

@ves, lemme get on a real pc later tonight, I'll look for good torrents and post it probably before tomorrow, unless of course you find them before them before then. And that's why I don't usually have a list of 'watch anime online' site, they rarely last more than 6 months. I wonder if crunchyroll is still worth the money....
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2012
Double post
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
wiegraf:

Nippon, that could be cool. I sort of considered a program they have where they recruit teachers from all over the world for 2-3 years, I forget what it's called, but it's supposedly popular. Of course I didn't follow up, but you could check it out if interested. However, iirc, you can't get in with a 9ja passport.... $deity bless us, and you'd probably have to finish your program first

And I've been trying to figure out why you were banned. I can't see you making any threats (in fact some dude threatened to beat you up, lol, good job), so it looks like censorship to me..

@ves, lemme get on a real pc later tonight, I'll look for good torrents and post it probably before tomorrow, unless of course you find them before them before then. And that's why I don't usually have a list of 'watch anime online' site, they rarely last more than 6 months. I wonder if crunchyroll is still worth the money....

Arigatou gozaimas!!!!
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 3:06am On Oct 10, 2012
@ves
Maybe you could tell me exactly where you had problems. Following usual procedures I use there were no issues.

Do you have utorrent? Of course there are others, and they should work, but I used utorrent for this purpose...
http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

Installed? Then

1. Search for torrent or magnets, this url
http://thepiratebay.se/search/code%20geass/0/7/0

2. Sorting by seeds I chose this one
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5356148/Code_Geass_Seasons_1__amp__2_%5BSubbed%5D_%5B.avi%5D
10 gig for both seasons, fairly reasonable

3. Click on "get this torrent", beside a small magnet jpeg.

4. Your browser should open utorrent and add the file automatically

5. Give it a little time to pick up, say 5 mins. After that check, its status in utorrent, it should be downloading by then. I'm not sure as to how magnet links work, but it seems they do not immediately pickup.

I used mtn, no blocking..

Good lucking, any issues?

edit: looking up magnet links, they work in an awesome way, but they might take a while to locate the files, so depending on your connection speed I could see it taking more than 5 mins to start, but ~15 should be the limit
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 10, 2012
if torrents are blocked.. use zbigz.com

they provide this awesome service, they convert the torrent link to http downloads. And their servers are much faster.. saves you some data usage as u dont have to upload at the same time..

@wiegraf: thanks for d advice. They came to my school and gave an impromptu test some months back. I got shortlisted and wrote another test a week back. Tbh, Im not too sure I did well on that one. Still waiting to hear from them.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by vescucci(m): 9:40am On Oct 10, 2012
wiegraf: @ves
Maybe you could tell me exactly where you had problems. Following usual procedures I use there were no issues.

Do you have utorrent? Of course there are others, and they should work, but I used utorrent for this purpose...
http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete/os/win/track/stable

Installed? Then

1. Search for torrent or magnets, this url
http://thepiratebay.se/search/code%20geass/0/7/0

2. Sorting by seeds I chose this one
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5356148/Code_Geass_Seasons_1__amp__2_%5BSubbed%5D_%5B.avi%5D
10 gig for both seasons, fairly reasonable

3. Click on "get this torrent", beside a small magnet jpeg.

4. Your browser should open utorrent and add the file automatically

5. Give it a little time to pick up, say 5 mins. After that check, its status in utorrent, it should be downloading by then. I'm not sure as to how magnet links work, but it seems they do not immediately pickup.

I used mtn, no blocking..

Good lucking, any issues?

edit: looking up magnet links, they work in an awesome way, but they might take a while to locate the files, so depending on your connection speed I could see it taking more than 5 mins to start, but ~15 should be the limit

Thanks! 8% downloaded so far.

muskeeto2: if torrents are blocked.. use zbigz.com

they provide this awesome service, they convert the torrent link to http downloads. And their servers are much faster.. saves you some data usage as u dont have to upload at the same time..

@wiegraf: thanks for d advice. They came to my school and gave an impromptu test some months back. I got shortlisted and wrote another test a week back. Tbh, Im not too sure I did well on that one. Still waiting to hear from them.

Thanks also. That thing will be useful sometime for torrents sometimes don't download at your connection speed.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Feraz(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2012
musKeeto: off topic, a bit, but has anyone picked interest in the Japanes language (Nihongo)?

Is it an online course? Been wanting to learn....help needed...
Who said naruto is violent? Is it compared to bleach??
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by Wordsmith(m): 1:19am On Oct 13, 2012
Ah yesm how could i forget the Blood franchise in the midst of violent animes? FMA too had its violent parts.

Yeah, also Jorgumand, similar to Black Lagoon and some other anime i saw three years back - Soul Of The Samurai or something like that. About some samurai that was cursed by some akuma to continue killing and never know death till he killed more than a thousand or something like that.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by firestar(f): 1:35am On Oct 13, 2012
Japanese is an interesting language which equals learning:
3 or 4 sets of 'alphabets'- Katakana, hiragana and kanjiYou might as well learn Chinese if you head big reach. and romanjiJapanese in latin alphabets.
It's motivating to learn with soundtracks.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by wiegraf: 2:30am On Oct 13, 2012
Wordsmith: Ah yesm how could i forget the Blood franchise in the midst of violent animes? FMA too had its violent parts.

Yeah, also Jorgumand, similar to Black Lagoon and some other anime i saw three years back - Soul Of The Samurai or something like that. About some samurai that was cursed by some akuma to continue killing and never know death till he killed more than a thousand or something like that.

I wouldn't say blood is violent, especially the tv series, you think? FMA too I thought more disturbing than violent, no?
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:23am On Oct 14, 2012
wiegraf:

no, I haven't seen anything new in a bit (even code geass ova, gundam unicorn, eva movies, last exile 2 (have you seen, is it as good as 1? I saw opening ep or 2, sort of glad to see Dio alive)..... I could go on and on sad ). Could you tell me what's worth seeing from maybe 2010?

Black lagoon I dropped. Everyone I know that's seen it calls me baka as a result. I guess I'll have pick it up again and see what I'm missing.

Oh yes, durarara is in the spirit of baccano, just maybe less violent.

Yeah, 3x3 has a bit (note: bit) of the studio ghibly feel, I think that's why I like it, but it's not particularly violent or too different.

I didn't even know there was a second series of Last Exile. I assumed they ended with one series and I hadn't even bothered to check. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I haven't watched the other anime that you mentioned either, unfortunately so I can't give any opinions on those.

I don't know about anime specifically from 2010, but some shows that I've watched over the last two years in my free time that I liked a lot and would recommend are:

Steins Gate

xxxHolic

Twelve Kingdoms

Great Teacher Onizuka <- I know this is an old series, but I only found out about it last year. I thought it was hilarious and enjoyed it a lot.

Occult Academy

Gankutsuou (The Count of Monte Cristo) <- though of course, I prefer the classic book that it's based on, I thought this was a good adaptation and had an interesting visual style

Hyouka

Katanagatari

Eden of the East

Another

And I'm currently watching Sword Art Online and Mirai Nikki, both of which I'm liking a lot.
Re: The Most Violent Anime You've Ever Watched? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:38am On Oct 14, 2012
wiegraf:
Lucky you, if only I could get a refund for my time from certain studios

You sir, have near impeccable taste. Almost as good as mine (true impeccability)

lol

With time, some of those have aged well, other not so much. SAC 1 I found boring. Also, I thought the xters a bit hypocritical (probably not a fair assessment), and I took it as trying to appear derper than it actually was. I probably thought it a bit overrated, hence the slightly silly rebel-against-the-man score. But even now I wouldn't grade it past 6. SAC 2 was all meh-ish as well for me till the rather spectacular final arc. That was truly beautiful, so I could grade SAC 2 maybe a 7, but it would get that score only because of that arc.

Shamploo was just meh for me, nothing new or particularly special. Also cowboy bepop trounced it mercilessly in every single category, so maybe a bit of disappointment as well. To be fair, cowboy bepop I think is a bit special, tough task to ask him to top that. It probably was a fluke actually

I see. Well, I enjoyed both SAC 1 & 2, and of course, I liked all of Samurai Champloo and would rate it at least an 8, though I agree that Cowboy Bebop is better in every aspect.

Tenge I've seen to a point, then read manga past the point the anime stopped at. Oh great!'s writing clusterbeep and excellent art work, a style comparable bleach's kubo
. The writing, it's like they are on some really strong drugs... But I'd say Great is better, definitely. He at least puts backgrounds in his work (good ones too, lazy a$$ kubo), and is perhaps more mature and ambitious . Have you read air blade, oh great's other famous manga? I'm not sure if there's an anime adaptation. It's in the spirit of tenjou.

Lain, paranoia agent I've always wanted to see. Trigun I usually ignored. Thanks, will give them a try.

I haven't read Air Blade (or many manga at all, really) and hadn't heard of it at all until you mentioned it. If they do make an anime adaptation, I'll check it out.

If you haven't seen planetes, perhaps you should. I know, garbage men in space, but at least it's the same writer/director crew from code geass. It is NOTHING like geass, but just as brilliant (for any others, if it's action or constant entertainment a la geass you want to see, ignore this recommendation). Geass and planetes are arguably my all time favorites. They also worked together on infinite ryvius, which is something like lord of the flies in space, but ryvius is nothing too fancy (though I enjoyed it).
And the original mangaka of planetes has a manga called
vinland saga, very good, very very violent. Vikings...

Thanks for this recommendation. I'll check out Planetes in the near future after I finish up with the other stuff I'm watching.

Btw, you've played ff tactics?

No, I haven't played that game. I just looked up the quote in your signature and from that I found out who Wiegraf was, so I figured you were probably into RPGs and so you might like Sword Art Online. I played a lot of FF games back when I had more time, and a lot of Squaresoft games besides, but not that particular game. Though, from what I've read about it online, it seems like I missed out on a great game.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Nollywood Eclipsing Hollywood In Africa / Silent Scandal: Another Big Nollywood Hit Premiers In Lagos / Korean Series Download Site,eg A Man Called God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.