Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,682 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment (9221 Views)

Asari-dokubo Gives FG 7-day Ultimatum To Hands Off Alleged Rigging Plot / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Abia Lifts Embargo On Employment (2) (3) (4)

Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Idokojimmy: 5:43am On Aug 14, 2012
Ijaw graduates from oil and gas bearing communities of Egbema and Gbaramatu Kingdoms in Delta State, operating under Kombot Employment Front, KEF, have issued a 7-day ultimatum to Chevron Nigeria Limited, CNL, to employ successful Ogere trainees among them or face a disruption of its operations in their areas.

Other demands include annual recruitment of 20 graduates into Chevron Nigeria Limited as regular staff, conversion of Egbema and Gbaramatu indigenes who are contract staff to permanent staff and immediate recruitment of their graduates into Escravos Gas to Liquid Project operation team.

In a petition to CNL by Messrs Ojusin Innocent (Chairman), Bebenimbo Alex (Secretary and Nimi Peter, (PRO) KEF, respectively, said ‘’Having explored all available peaceful means of resolving these vital issues, which are critical to our livelihood as a people, we shall make the area turbulent for Chevron this time.

“We had written series of letters to Chevron drawing her attention to the high unemployment rate in our communities but all these approaches failed to yield the desired result. Chevron is insensitive and nonchalant about the welfare of the Ijaw communities, therefore never took us serious.

Several protest letters have been dispatched to relevant authorities intimating them of the wicked attitude of Chevron towards us. Therefore, we are calling on Chevron to immediately address the issues raised above or face our wrath at the expiration of the 7-day ultimatum. We want to take our destiny into our own hands’’.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/ijaw-graduates-give-7-day-ultimatum-to-chevron/
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by donlet(m): 5:49am On Aug 14, 2012
ok oooooo
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by excondido(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2012
na by force...what if dem no qualify?

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by miteolu(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2012
They even try not like the abokis (hausas) that fail to know the different between their left & right

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2012
Ok. W've heard you
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by proudly9ja(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2012
We had written series of letters to Chevron drawing her attention to the high unemployment rate in our communities but all these approaches failed to yield the desired result. Chevron is insensitive and nonchalant about the welfare of the Ijaw communities, therefore never took us serious.

loool...Chevron don turn government now??

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2012
Na by force or na birth right? So the Ijaws must blackmail to get employed into supposedly competitive positions. Bunch of ......
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by talktrue1(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2012
They should recruit them and let them work On-shore
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2012
miteolu: They even try not like the abokis (hausas) that fail to know the different between their left & right

grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2012
No be small tin o...nothing wey we no go see for this country..
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by agaz08(m): 10:42am On Aug 14, 2012
this people must b senseless.na chevron send dem go sch.so i should start forcing all companies in my area to employ me.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2012
talk true: They should recruit them and let them work On-shore

Just like that? Even Charity organizations have a procedure on recruitment.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by TalkingBird: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2012
I think all International Ooil Companies's (IOC's) should learn from Total E & P Nigeria (TEPNG) the operators of OML-58 amongst others. Recently the symbiotic relationship between Total and a host community came to the fore. On Friday, June 22, 2012 a new Memoranda od Understanding (MoUs)that will last for 5 years was signed between Total and Egi Oil & Gas Families/Communities and Total and Egi Clan.
The new agreements deals with the following issues:
Infrastructure development
Skills development
Scholarships
Employment
Agriculture

Total has worked with its host communities such that the communities eg Egi clan is on the path of sustainable development (SD).
Total is worthy of emulation by other IOC's

Enough of high handedness and the divide and rule tactics of some of these IOC's in the Delta, learn from Total
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2012
TalkingBird: I think all International Ooil Companies's (IOC's) should learn from Total E & P Nigeria (TEPNG) the operators of OML-58 amongst others. Recently the symbiotic relationship between Total and a host community came to the fore. On Friday, June 22, 2012 a new Memoranda od Understanding (MoUs)that will last for 5 years was signed between Total and Egi Oil & Gas Families/Communities and Total and Egi Clan.
Skills development
Scholarships
Employment
Agriculture

Total has worked with its host communities such that the communities eg Egi clan is on the path of sustainable development (SD).

Enough of high handedness and the divide and rule tactics of some of these IOC's in the Delta, learn from Total

Good idea and development in this regard. But failure to do like Total should not result into threat and blackmail.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Maxdiamond(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2012
Things should b done in a proper way not that they should ask chevron 2 recruitment their people by "a must".Recruitment are not done that way.protocol have 2 b follow.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2012
TalkingBird: I think all International Ooil Companies's (IOC's) should learn from Total E & P Nigeria (TEPNG) the operators of OML-58 amongst others. Recently the symbiotic relationship between Total and a host community came to the fore. On Friday, June 22, 2012 a new Memoranda od Understanding (MoUs)that will last for 5 years was signed between Total and Egi Oil & Gas Families/Communities and Total and Egi Clan.
Skills development
Scholarships
Employment
Agriculture

Good idea and development in this regard. But failure to do like Total should not result into threat and blackmail.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by worldman(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2012
My own point of view i thing dey are taking the right step CNL should employ the qualify once
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2012
worldman: My own point of view i thing dey are taking the right step CNL should employ the qualify once

"Qulify once" like you!

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by gegee(m): 10:58am On Aug 14, 2012
they said they've written series of letters to the authorities without any result. so i dont blame them for taking matters into their hands. their government does not care abot them and so it does not monitor the activities of the oil companies.all the government cares about is squeezing all the money it can out of the delta.the oil companies and the government get to eat the food and the people of the niger delta get the sh1t.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by nzenze2: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2012
damas11111:

"Qulify once" like you!

kettle calling pot black... grin grin grin grin

Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Rhino5dm: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2012
Go Ijaw youths GO!!! Time to take your destinies in your fuccking hands.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by worldman(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2012
damas11111:

"Qulify once" like you!

i m from the west u can check my profile i m a fresh graduate i did my N.Y.S.C 2010 immediatly i passed out i got a secured job wit ENI AGIP you think say every body na empty fork like u
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Lamasta(m): 11:03am On Aug 14, 2012
shocked shocked shocked na wa o Employment has turned to its either you employ me or I scatter your operation haba is CNL the only company there? Or must they force them to employ?
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 11:04am On Aug 14, 2012
worldman: i m from the west u can check my profile i m a fresh graduate i did my N.Y.S.C 2010 immediatly i passed out i got a secured job wit ENI AGIP you think say every body na empty fork like u

Good luck to you and your employers!
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by damas11111(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2012
nzenze2:

kettle calling pot black... grin grin grin grin

?? Elaborate please.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Ogegod87: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2012
[quote
author=Max'diamond]Things should b done in a proper way not that they
should ask chevron 2 recruitment their people by "a must".Recruitment
are not done that way.protocol have 2 b follow.[/quote]

lmao @ recruitment deir ppl...
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by doctokwus: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2012
damas11111:

"Qulify once" like you!

Reminds me of a certain DameP;maybe d oil company is not too sure of d worth of d certificates some of dem are presenting
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by doctokwus: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2012
worldman: i m from the west u can check my profile i m a fresh graduate i did my N.Y.S.C 2010 immediatly i passed out i got a secured job wit ENI AGIP you think say every body na empty fork like u
How can u b a fresh graduate if u did ur service in 2010,meaning u graduated probably '09;wat is fresh in dat?
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by TalkingBird: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2012
doctokwus:
Reminds me of a certain DameP;maybe d oil company is not too sure of d worth of d certificates some of dem are presenting

They can conduct a selection test. There will always be very good ones amongst them. So no excuse for any IOC.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by Jayloy: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2012
My own point of view i thing dey are taking the right step CNL should employ the qualify once.

O boy, go back to school. 'Qualify once' indeed.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by deandavid(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2012
damas watin b ur own? Na their fault say God no bless ur community? As far as those host communities are concern, they signd a mou to employ 60% of qualified graduates from the host communities. So wats d na by force? Yes na by force or u pack 4rm my land. Simple. Ekpan graduate is even coming very soon to demand their own.
Re: Ijaw-Graduates Give Chevron A 7-day Ultimatum On Employment by deandavid(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2012
damas watin b ur own? Na their fault say God no bless ur community? As far as those host communities are concern, they signd a mou to employ 60% of qualified graduates from the host communities. So wats d na by force? Yes na by force or u pack 4rm my land. Simple. Ekpan graduates are even coming very soon to demand their own.

160,000 MW Possible By 2014 - Minister / My Challenge In Managing Brand Buhari – Adesina / Imo: Panel recommends sacking of VCs, Rectors appointed by Okorocha