Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? (2645 Views)

Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / Jesus Is More Than God, He Is Jehovah / Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 2:28am On Aug 16, 2012
@ Ndupe . Yaaa right at least they werent expecting the coming to earth of their Almighty JEHOVAH to be nailed on a cross by his own creations to save his own creation, abi You will tell me the jews were expecting JEHOVAH himself?
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 16, 2012
The fact is we serve a God who has a son and we serve him by believing in His son Jesus Christ, any other thing contrary to this is not christianity.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by doctorbabs(m): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=TrueSeeker]I think this is a recycle of Old Topic. Old Nairalanders will know that we have discuss this in the past. In nutshell Allah is not the same with Jehovah. Jehovah is the Most High God the creator of heavens and earth, known by Hebrews, Jews and Christians in the Bible. Jehovah was never mentioned once in the Muslim Quran even though the Hebrews, Jews and Christians have all existed and know Jehovah/Yahweh before the advent of Quran. History has it that [b]Allah was a moon tri.
NAME OF GOD BY DIFFERENT TRIBES
YORUBA CALL HIM OLODUMARE/OLORUN/ELEDUMARE
IBO CALL HIM CHINEKE
JEW CALL HIM YAHWEH/JEHOVAH
ENGLISH CALL HIM GOD
ARAB CAL HIM ALLAH
CALABAR CALL HIM OBASI AND SON ON. MY DEAR BRODA, BROADEN UR KNOWLEDGE, SEARCH FOR TRUE RELIGION OTHERWISE JESUS HIMSELF WILL DENIE U ON THAT DAY
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by doctorbabs(m): 7:26am On Aug 16, 2012
Benito69: He is not the same, the God of the Jews and Christians (He is Jehovah) is different from Allah. I give an example from the Bible; Jesus Christ makes mention that He is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through him...that approach alone shows the major difference.
*All religions don't lead to God, just like not all roads lead to your house. wink
. Google for the religion of isreal despite jesus came from them, they are not christian, the population of christian in jerusalem/isreal is just 2% minority, stop fooling urself, search for true God tmorow may be too late
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2012
Let us get this clear, Christians worship God not the Jewish God.

Yahweh is for all . The fact that he chose the ancient nation of Judah to fulfil his promise of salvation to mankind , does not in anyway make the Jews more special than any other nations.

Christians do not worship the same GOD with either Muslims or Judaic Jews. We worship Yahweh through Jesus Christ ,for there is no other way.

To suggest that we worship the same God with the Jews without a qualifier, suggests that Christianity and Judaism are two covenants acceptable to God. This is wrong and heretical. The Jews today who reject Christ do not worship the same God with us, period !!

The only covenant standing today and forever , is that which has been established with the blood of Christ Jesus.

If you do not believe this , whether you are Jew, Muslims, Gentile or whatever, we certainly cannot be and do not worship the same GOD.

God has provided one route to salvation not a million others, not all roads lead to God, only one road leads to God , and that is the narrow path through Christ Jesus.

Do not be deceived.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2012
^^^The only thing you've said is that the other two Abrahamic religions have different ways of carrying out their worship and that they do not accept that Jesus' death was an atonement for their sins. That is all you've said. Jews worship Yahweh and Muslims worship Allah. If you look up the etymological origins of the names they have for God, you would find that they have the same roots and and are used to refer to the same God.
Their failing to believe that God is a murderous parent that has to kill His child when He can simply forgive the sins of humanity does not mean that they don't worship God.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey: ^^^The only thing you've said is that the other two Abrahamic religions have different ways of carrying out their worship and that they do not accept that Jesus' death was an atonement for their sins. That is all you've said. Jews worship Yahweh and Muslims worship Allah. If you look up the etymological origins of the names they have for God, you would find that they have the same roots and and are used to refer to the same God.
Their failing to believe that God is a murderous parent that has to kill His child when He can simply forgive the sins of humanity does not mean that they don't worship God.

Actually , they do not worship the same God.

For us to worship the same God, there has to be consistency in the message of salvation and system of worship.

Fact is , by your last statement, you have confirmed the impossibility of us believing in the same Person.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

Actually , they do not worship the same God.

For us to worship the same God, there has to be consistency in the message of salvation and system of worship.

Do you honestly believe what you wrote up there?
That statement is fallacious, people can have different ways of worship but still have the intention of worshipping one same God. You can say that your personal understanding of the scripture leads you to believe that Jews and Muslims do not worship the God of the Christians, stop saying it as if it is the ultimate truth. Common sense and simple logical explanations dictate that they have the same Abrahamic God.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=E_monkey]
Do you honestly believe what you wrote up there?

Yes

That statement is fallacious, people can have different ways of worship but still have the intention of worshipping one same God

Intention is different from fact.

For example, I can have the intention of going to Abuja but if I enter the wrong flight I will end up in a different place. So having the right intention is not enough , it must be aligned to fact.

You can say that your personal understanding of the scripture leads you to believe that Jews and Muslims do not worship the God of the Christians,

So far as they reject Jesus as the Son of God and the atonement for our Sins, I say a resounding YES.

stop saying it as if it is the ultimate truth.

What is the ultimate truth

Common sense and simple logical explanations dictate that they have the same Abrahamic God.

They intend to worship the Abrahamic God, but their mode of worship is man's preference not God's preference.

God has provided his own way, they reject this and approach him in their own way , which he rejects.

We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind - Isaiah 64:6-12
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TrueSeeker(m): 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Dont muslims refer to Allah as the God of Jesus amd Abraham? Who else can they be referring too.
The fact that Muslims refer to Allah a moon god in Arabian peninsular as god of Abraham does not make him so. You should understand the fact that pre-Mohammed Arabs are polytheism where they worshiped hundreds of gods, Allah was just one of those gods which Mohammed exonerate over others, because that is deity of his clan. Is like someone who is worshiping Ogun, a god of Iron in Yorubaland trying to put him over other gods like Sango, a god of thunder. And you need to understand that the term Allah does not equate the English word god, but rather is name of a god, just like Ogun or Sango is a name.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2012
Frosbel, everything you wrote about worship is based on your own personal convictions. Other people have their own ideas of how God should be worshipped, you only think your opinion is the truth because your understanding of the scripture leads you to think that. Anything you say about the three faiths not worshipping God would be your opinion, that is based on your faith, not on common sense.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey: Frosbel, everything you wrote about worship is based on your own personal convictions. Other people have their own ideas of how God should be worshipped, you only think your opinion is the truth because your understanding of the scripture leads you to think that. Anything you say about the three faiths not worshipping God would be your opinion, that is based on your faith, not on common sense.

Common sense requires consistency and logic.

One GOD cannot deliver 3 different messengers.

If we were to take your logic, then we will have to accept that God allows :

1. Worship through Christ - Christianity
2. Worship by sacrificing animals in a temple and holding onto the oral traditions of the Babylonian Talmud - Judaism
3. Worshipping ALLAH by the pattern set out through the prophet Muhammad - Islam

If you ask me , this can only be allowed by one confused GOD and we all know that God is not the author of confusion.

Remember the key word is consistency in one universal message not 3.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TrueSeeker(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
[quote author=doctorbabs][/quote]
Do not make mistake Jehovah/Yahweh is a name, just like Jesus, Moses, David is not a title. Whereas God is a title which means Olorun in Yoruba or Chineke in Igbo. Hence you have expression like Jehovah God in the Bible.In pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was not considered the sole divinity.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:

[b]Common sense requires consistency [/b]and logic.
Common sense does not require consistency in the way matters of faith operate.
frosbel:
One GOD cannot deliver 3 different messengers.
Lmao, frosbel are you not committing blasphemy by claiming to know what God can or cannot do in certain situations?
frosbel:
If we were to take your logic, then we will have to accept that God allows :
1. Worship through Christ - Christianity
2. Worship by sacrificing animals in a temple and holding onto the oral traditions of the Babylonian Talmud - Judaism
3. Worshipping ALLAH by the pattern set out through the prophet Muhammad - Islam
If you ask me , this can only be allowed by one confused GOD and we all know that God is not the author of confusion.
You are just making me repeat myself. The fact that they have different modes of worship does not mean they are worshipping different Gods. Their worship is directed to the same God, there are different names in different tongues but their acts of worship are directed to the same God. Geez.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
E_monkey:
Common sense does not require consistency in the way matters of faith operate.

It does actually . God is consistent, no one wants to follow an unstable individual .

Lmao, frosbel are you not committing blasphemy by claiming to know what God can or cannot do in certain situations?

You shot yourself in the foot here, you say that I claim what God can or cannot do , while you ignorantly claim that God could not have sent his Son to die as an atonement for our sins.

You are just making me repeat myself. The fact that they have different modes of worship does not mean they are worshipping different Gods. Their worship is directed to the same God, there are different names in different tongues but their acts of worship are directed to the same God. Geez.

God has 1 Method not 1000 Methods.

There is one message.

Allah has no partners .

Yahweh has a Son.

Therefore Allah is not the same as Yahweh
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
frosbel:
It does actually . God is consistent, no one wants to follow an unstable individual .
Have you read the Old Testament? The Old Testament is filled with violent verses that talk about waging war and pillaging cities and killing both unborn babies and little children. The New Testament on the other hand talks about turning the other cheek and forgiving others so that God can forgive us. Did the same God not give the directives in these Testaments? The messages are not consistent. You shouldn't be worshipping God then, since your Bible teaches you that He revealed inconsistent messages.
frosbel:
You shot yourself in the foot here, you say that I claim what God can or cannot do , while you ignorantly claim that God could not have sent his Son to die as an atonement for our sins
No I did not claim that God could not have sent a son to die. I said that other religions don't believe that He did.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:17am On Aug 17, 2012
E_monkey:
Have you read the Old Testament? The Old Testament is filled with violent verses that talk about waging war and pillaging cities and killing both unborn babies and little children. The New Testament on the other hand talks about turning the other cheek and forgiving others so that God can forgive us. Did the same God not give the directives in these Testaments? The messages are not consistent. You shouldn't be worshipping God then, since your Bible teaches you that He revealed inconsistent messages.

No I did not claim that God could not have sent a son to die. I said that other religions don't believe that He did.

You are soooo lost, from your comparison of the Old and New testament it shows u know nothing about the Bible, have u read it or are u spitting what your imam said at the mosque. The answer to your question is very simple, i could tell you but i want you to find out more about Christians(bible), u wont be disappointed so i would say to you, 'find out why Jesus came to this world - apart from to save us' also in the process Google difference between old and new testament........ you will also find out why we don't do sacrifices(killing goats and Rams) so God will forgive our sins like they did in the Old testament.
Good luck, May you find the truth so you will be set FREE
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheIkoro(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
Question: When you enter an embassy of the United States of America; where art
thou, regardless of where thou art? And why?

Answer: The United States of America. There being one in the embassy standing
for the most high authority in the United States of America; be the one by the name of
Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, or The Ikoro.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rwanda's Kagame Closes 6000 Churches, All Pastors Now Require A Theology Degree. / Bible Does Not Condemn Abortion - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Is masturbation a sin or not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.