Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? (2884 Views)

Poll: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity?

Yes: 0% (0 votes)
Yes ofcourse: 100% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Jesus Is More Than God, He Is Jehovah / Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2011
is it true
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by globexl: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
Ofcourse. Read the bible. Jehovah was the deity of the ancient Isrealites. Before then he was worshipped in canaan as El Shadai(god of the mountain) because his abode or shrine was in the Sinai peninsula. As with any pegan diety, the priest sacrificed animals and in some cases humans, to seek favour from him.
It was during advent of the new christian faith, that the roman bishops nominated jehovah as the god and father of the newly crowned saviour-god Jesus. Of necessity, they had to do a complete whitewash of jehovah as the ever loving creator of the universe and Redacted scripture to tally with this new doctrine.
It is therefore not surprising that the jew still wont have anything to do with chritianity and jealously guard the sanctity of their diety.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2011
^^^^

Stop writing about things that are far beyond your level of comprehension.

You will do well to study and learn, and not yell outbursts regarding matters of which you have nil knowledge.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by globexl: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
Again if you read the bible you will notice that Moses, when addressing the Isrealites, would always saw" Your God". He never ever said " god or our god". also when addressing Yahweh, he would always say " your people" and never ever refered to the Isrealites as "my people or our people".
These verses in the bible clearly shows that Moses was not an Isrealite as has been claimed and that Moses understood that every tribe had their own deity.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

is it true

How come there is no NO vote button   grin grin

crook  shocked
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by globexl: 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

Stop writing about things that are far beyond your level of comprehension.

You will do well to study and learn, and not yell outbursts regarding matters of which you have nil knowledge.

Frosbel, you are a certified religious nut. The worst type there is . I expected a rebuttal of my argument, but u didd not. Typical of your type.
You have no knowledge of anything. What could you possibly learn when you are hostage to your faith. There is no comparison between you and I. I am a free person, you are not. I live to learn and regularly upgrade my knowledge . You asume you alreeady know.
You are on on Narailand spewing poison to everyone and everything that differs from your beliefs. From experience, I 'm sensing  a mild form of mental illness .You are a HORRIBLE poster child for your faith.You are everything that is wrong with religion.

He knows not who KNOWS that he knows not is a child, teach him.
But he knows not who KNOWS NOT  that he knows not is a fool. Scorn him.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
Frosbel, you are a certified religious nut.

A compliment

The worst type there is .

Even worse than the Jihadists undecided grin

I expected a rebuttal of my argument,

Your argument did not merit a rebutall, because it was founded on foolishness.

You have no knowledge of anything.

Hmm lets see , I have knowledge of GOD which to me is everything.

There is no comparison between you and I. I am a free person, you are not.

You are not free when you are still in bondage to diverse lusts and sin. You think you are, but the reality is , you need salvation.

I live to learn and regularly upgrade my knowledge . You asume you alreeady know.

I know the bible almost 80% inside out, so most of my knowledge is based on that great book of truth.

You are on on Narailand spewing poison to everyone and everything that differs from your beliefs.

My belief is based on Christianity, any other sect that deviates from the teachings of Jesus on issues that affect the soul is a cult and a dangerous one at that.

From experience, I 'm sensing  a mild form of mental illness

Quite sane if you ask me.

.You are a HORRIBLE poster child for your faith.You are everything that is wrong with religion.

You are conceited in your understanding of GOD .

He knows not who KNOWS that he knows not is a child, teach him.

But you cannot teach someone set in their conceited ways, or can you ?

But he knows not who KNOWS NOT  that he knows not is a fool. Scorn him.

The FOOL is the one that says there is no GOD despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Now calm down and think before you reply !
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2011
Don't insult paganism by connecting Jehovah with it. Pagans worship much more evolved gods than Mr. Jehovah.
globexl:

Ofcourse. Read the bible. Jehovah was the deity of the ancient Isrealites. Before then he was worshipped in canaan as El Shadai(god of the mountain) because his abode or shrine was in the Sinai peninsula. As with any pegan diety, the priest sacrificed animals and in some cases humans, to seek favour from him.
It was during advent of the new christian faith, that the roman bishops nominated jehovah as the god and father of the newly crowned saviour-god Jesus. Of necessity, they had to do a complete whitewash of jehovah as the ever loving creator of the universe and Redacted scripture to tally with this new doctrine.
It is therefore not surprising that the jew still wont have anything to do with chritianity and jealously guard the sanctity of their diety.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by LagosShia: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2011
"Jehovah" is a word unheard of before the 16th century.so i dont know how anyone can conclude that the deity Israelites worshipped and the tetragrammaton refered to could be an image or idol of the pagans?

"Jehovah" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaH[/b]Allahu" which means "Say[b] He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so[b] YaHoWah[/b]="Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.

see here for a similar post and thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=753786.0#msg9124983
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by globexl: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2011
LagosShia:

"Jehovah" is a word unheard of before the 16th century.so i dont know how anyone can conclude that the deity Israelites worshipped and the tetragrammaton refered to could be an image or idol of the pagans?

"Jehovah" is a pressumption from the tetgrammaton or "four letters" (YHWH) by injecting vowels.those four letters are not articulated.also,if you search deep you will know that the tetgrammaton (YHWH) is not a word but an adjective phrase refering/describing the uniqueness to/of the One Almighty God who is Unseen.YHWH refers to "He that is Present" or "Oh He (who is)" in literal arabic and hebrew.the tetragrammaton can also be found in the Holy Quran in several places by the phrase "Qul HoWaH[/b]Allahu" which means "Say[b] He is Allahu"!

the prefix,"YA" is an exclamation in semitic languages meaning "Oh".if you add "Ya" to "HoWaH" it becomes "YaHoWaH" (YHWH).

"HoWaH"="He is"!

so[b] YaHoWah[/b]="Oh He (who is)".

what hapens is simply injecting vowels into the letters (YHWH) in order to make the letters pronounceable.

see here for a similar post and thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=753786.0#msg9124983
By jehovah, I'm simply refering to deity that christians believe as the ancient diety of the hebrews.
Jenwitemi:

Don't insult paganism by connecting Jehovah with it. Pagans worship much more evolved gods than Mr. Jehovah.
Jehovah or yahweh was the pegan deity of the ancient isrealites. That is undisputable. Yes , I agree.Pegans of every culture worshipped much more evolved dieties than jehovah.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2011
globexl:

globexl you are 100% RIGHT. Jehovah's consort was the ancient Canaanite Goddess Asherah. grin grin grin grin

btw wats your tribe. I think you would make a good Pagan and join my cause to liberate the narrow minds of Nigeria's xtians and muslims. cool

Jenwitemi:

TRUE. even Jehovah must have been evolved before the xtians scraped all his insides and left just the outer shell. which they worship.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2011
frosbel:

How come there is no NO vote button   grin grin

crook  shocked

there IS a vote button. This is an already confirmed fact that Jehovah is a former Pagan deity.

you just have to say whether you are 100% sure, or 200% sure. wink
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by jayriginal: 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2011
frosbel:

The FOOL is the one that says there is no GOD despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Now calm down and think before you reply !

How about the words of Jesus proclaiming one in danger of hell if he called another a fool ? Ehn Frosbel ?
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^ hear! hear! grin
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2011
jayriginal:

How about the words of Jesus proclaiming one in danger of hell if he called another a fool ? Ehn Frosbel ?

Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none that does good. The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any that act wisely, that seek after God. They have all gone astray, they are all alike corrupt; there is none that does good, no, not one.

The fool says, "There is no God", that’s why he doesn’t even try to do what’s right

Who wants to be a fool?
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by Sweetnecta: 9:32pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ you are.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^^

and aso you.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by globexl: 5:47am On Sep 13, 2011
During the early years of christianity and throughout the middle ages, there was a concerted attempt by churchmen to chritianise not only the pegans but also the pegan dieties themselve s .Pegan shrines were baptised and given christian names.Although this might have seemed like an emasculation of pagnism, it turned out to be blessing in disguise because it allowed peganis m to survive and trive, albeit, under the protective veil of their new christian equivalenece of make-overs.
For example, st. peters cathetheral in Rome sits on the baptised remains of the temple of Jove, aslo know as Jupiter, the foremost of heaven and the father of the gods. The word peter is derived from Jupiter which itself is traceable to the Egytian supreme god Ptah, who was also known as the father of the gods.It is not surprising that the roman catholic preists, who are desciples of st . peter are refered to as roman fathers. which means that they are indirectly priests of Jove or Jupiter and the egyptian supreme god Ptah.

secondly , the twelve sons of jacob and the twelve desciples of jesus are modelled after the signs of the zodiac. The birth, life,miistry, death and resurrection of jesus is also a close paralell to the daily and yearly movement of the sun in the northern hemisphere.
The story and image of mary(the madonna) and her young infant jesus, goes all the way back to ancient rome with the goddes venus and her son Apollo , and then to the greek goddess Athena and her son Adonis and then all the way to back to Egypt with the goddess Isis and her son Horus .
Christmas and easter are pegan holidays which continue to be celebrated today thanks to christian baptism and a change of name. A rose by any other name is still a rose. While the churchmen of yore were celebrating the christianization of paganism, today pegans of every clime celebrate the peganisation of christiandom.
Re: Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2011
^^^^

hehe vry good. grin grin

however, we Pagans must now come out of the darkness and stop worshipping in secret. this makes us look lyk criminals. NO. we must worship openly, educate people and fight for our rights. angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Atheist As A Friend / God's Omniscience. God's Problem. / I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.