Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

What Is So Special About Front Page? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is So Special About Front Page? (944 Views)

But What Is So Special About Mandela? / What Is So Special About Ojukwu Death ? / Self Determination In Africa - What Makes European Countries So Special? >:( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Special About Front Page? by Doctorflaky(f): 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2012
I've seen a lot of compalins about mukina or some trying to be popular and so trying to make his/her post front page. So am begining to wonder what nairalander gain front ones topic making d front page. Is there any monetary reward or other gain attached to it that am not seeing? Please I need someone to clearify that for me.
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Doctorflaky(f): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sorry... I mean complain
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Chanchit: 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
Doctor flaky: Sorry... I mean complain
I can see u r new to NL, u can jst modify ur post, if u want to make any correction, instead of posting again...
Well front page is very important, cos thats where everybody gets to see ur story, only few people see it from here, dts y u might not get people to answer your question...

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Chanchit: 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
Chanchit:
I can see u r new to NL, u can jst modify ur post, if u want to make any correction, instead of posting again...
Well front page is very important, cos thats where everybody gets to see ur story, only few people see it from here, dts y u might not get people to answer your question...
I should have checked ur profile before commenting, so u have even authored abt 4-5 stories, and u feel comfortable @ d back page...? U r really great..
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Lordave: 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
I bet you opened this thread with intention of it making the front page

3 Likes

Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by jhydebaba(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
I've seen people celebrate front page as Buhari would celebrate victory if he'd won election to be the front man in the country.
Simply put, It increases your ego.
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
No monetary gain, but the prestige, status and the feeling of a post well done is just so satisfying.

If this makes front page, you will see for ya self.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Doctorflaky(f): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
Chanchit:
I should have checked ur profile before commenting, so u have even authored abt 4-5 stories, and u feel comfortable @ d back page...? U r really great..
Everybody has purpose of joining Nairaland.
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Doctorflaky(f): 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Lordave: I bet you opened this thread with intention of it making the front page
and it does, will that add to my bank account?
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Acidosis(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
Doctor flaky:

Yes it can . .and even catapult your bank digits to a higher realm.

You are a real estate personnel. . .isn't it?

If you know how and what to do. . .you'll want your topics on the front page every day.
If you want to know how. . .then ask me!
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Lordave: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
Doctor flaky:
are you trying to let us know that you have a bank account?
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by nikkyshyne(f): 11:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Eleven(11) of my posts have made front page and I am so elated. grin
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by excondido(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2012
making the front page gives a self satisfying feel of how brilliant one is. my first topic that made the front page gives me a sense of belonging and kind of increased my enthausism abt NL.
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2012
nikkyshyne: Eleven(11) of my posts have made front page and I am so elated. grin

So you've been counting? grin
Re: What Is So Special About Front Page? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 16, 2012
Nothing special about it, just that you will get a lot of replies cuz there will be many people coming in not just the regulars.

As you know, humans we are very lazy, embarassed embarassed embarassed people are lazy to search for topics, frontpage makes it easy for them.

When am really in need of an advice, and my topic makes frontpage, I do get happy indeed. Is not a matter of getting awards, or getting notice but some folks that are not regular on NL give kick azzzzzzzzz advice from my observation.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chinnese Big Foot! Video / The Population Count Of Enugu Will Be Challenged. / Sheikh Again Defends His Stand On Troops Deployment To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.