Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Spanking Your Child In Public - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spanking Your Child In Public (10444 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Nigerian Guy And A Hungry Child In Philippines (Photos) / Missing Child In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spanking Your Child In Public by saintvc(m): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2012
I was headin from work two days ago in d popular A y a junction in abuja . I saw a woman with a tree branch beating and yelling at a boy of about 9 years. Her voice was so loud. She flogd d boy all over his body .the boy helplesly cried out loud.

Though i couldnt inquire what he did as to ascertain why she had to react d way she did.

I was never beaten in public wen growin up as a kid and so find it awkward. What about u? D u spank ur child in public? Have u bin spank? D u suport it?
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2012
Babaric!
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by ifyalways(f): 9:28am On Aug 15, 2012
What could a 9 years old child do to deserve :
Being spanked with a possibly rough tree branch.
Spanked on the road.

The mom failed to nip whatever bad trait the boy had in the bud and now is trying a tad to late to correct it, and going about it in the wrong way.
I won't be caught dead shouting at or spanking @ my child on the road. It depicits a picture of a mad, failed mom and a poorly trained child. I can correct my child on the road sha.
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by engrtee(f): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
A mother can discipline her ward anytime and anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
I will only spank my kid publicly if he/she disrespects someone publicly.

7 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by ifihearam: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is african and our kids should be raised in an african way which spanking cannot be ruled out. As a matter of fact it is a vital ingredient in raising up a child in africa and nigeria in particular..spare the rod and spoil the child.

10 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by abbey37(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
saintvc: I was headin from work two days ago in d popular A y a junction in abuja . I saw a woman with a tree branch beating and yelling at a boy of about 9 years. Her voice was so loud. She flogd d boy all over his body .the boy helplesly cried out loud.

Though i couldnt inquire what he did as to ascertain why she had to react d way she did.

I was never beaten in public wen growin up as a kid and so find it awkward. What about u? D u spank ur child
in public? Have u bin spank? D u suport it?

Ajebutter ask ajepako there not only spanked in public but anywhere spankable
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by sessydoo(m): 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Let her come and try dat in the UK and she will never smell (talkless of seeing) the child again. Infact the correct usage of spank is to use your palm to slap a child at his buttock but to descend to using a branch of a tree (stick) to beat ur child in the public is barbaric. i dont subscribe to that, i will rather use my voice to correct the child

3 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
such attitude makes a child feel inferior.it demoralizes a child,and makes him worse off.....why on earth should a mother do dat?it sucks............

1 Like

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Richiy(f): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Have a child really annoyed you publicly? I guess not. If not, you will never have opened this thread. Quote me, a little spanking, if required, is a good remedy anytime, anyplace, anyday!

4 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by ebamma(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
i go beat am,na so dem been dey beat me the time i been dey small

2 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Freiburger(m): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
I 've done it once, but i can tell you it isn't the best thing.
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Chaydee(m): 6:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Depends but back den mama no send me oo grin grin
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by freshboy88(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
A spank ☺ŋ d buttocks or at most a̶̲̅ dirty slap Ȋ̝̊̅§ ok by ♍ƺ ß̲u̲t d use of a̶̲̅ tree branch? Nah
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
I would STRONGLY suggest that you never spank your children in public... EVER!!! I have to say I believe in spanking to a certain degree. I try never to spank out of anger. But the reason why you should never spank in public is because there are some people are really against it and will report you. I have seen it so many times and also I have seen some people just start yelling at the spanking mom and threatening her and embarrassing her. So I would never want to experience that. I would just take my child out of public and deal with the behavior there.
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by chic2pimp(m): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
ifihearam: This is african and our kids should be raised in an african way which spanking cannot be ruled out. As a matter of fact it is a vital ingredient in raising up a child in africa and nigeria in particular..spare the rod and spoil the child.

Yh.......And that's why Nigeria is the Moral Capital of the world.

@POST

Simply Barbaric.......Child Abuse at it's rawest form.

4 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Blackteeth(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
There are different levels of spanking. What I would do if the child provokes me to high extent is moderately tap him/her at the head or back.
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Abimbola29(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
The mentality of A̶̲̥̅n africa child Iڪ quite deferent from the one from the western world,some children deserve being flogged any where anytime and anyhow!bear in mind if Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ spear the rod Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ spoil d child

2 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Rhino5dm: 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
Lemme guess, you don't have problems with the beating when done in private? shocked

Dude, are you still living in seventh century BC? undecided

saintvc: I was headin from work two days ago in d popular A y a junction in abuja . I saw a woman with a tree branch beating and yelling at a boy of about 9 years. Her voice was so loud. She flogd d boy all over his body .the boy helplesly cried out loud.

I was never beaten in public wen growin up as a kid and so find it awkward. What about u? D u spank ur child in public? Have u bin spank? D u suport it?

3 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Yorisb: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2012

She's by no means a sane Mum, or, dare I assume/say, she ain't his biological Mother?
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nah...its too embarrassing 4 d child no matter d age.imagine hw d child wil feel when ridiculed in skul by his mates after mowing like a cow in public
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by 2sa2: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
spare the rod and spoil the child. probably the child has become resistant to mere spanking hence the mom had to use what he would respond to. #judge the mom not#

1 Like

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
I've spanked my sibling in public (the store) before.

Children think they can misbehave in public places thinking they have witnesses who can "rescue" them. It's better to let them know that "witnesses" won't stop ya.

I don't mean take-out-the-belt-and-start-whopping kinda beating o. A few slap on the azz won't kill anyone cool

Will I beat my child in Public? Best believe it!

4 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by jereal(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
most kids misbehav more when you're out with them...they believe you won't punish them out there, so they can do whatever they please...

its important to remind them once in awhile that you as a parent is still in charge...

believe me, whatever that kid did to warrant such punishment, he'd never try it again...

2 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Butoneday2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
May be her mum did something funny and want to cover up? U knw children of nowadays, they're too smart. Just saying..
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Moukafoam(f): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
engrtee: A mother can discipline her ward anytime and anywhere.

Haba! Not with a tree sha wink
Children are sometimes naughty in the public.

I have ∂ friend that have two kids; ∂ boy and ∂ girl. Both kids hadly eat at home, we always serve cain along with each meal angry Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† they like is chocolate, icecream, buscuits etc. Anytime we go out together with the kids and when they c food with other pple, they rush it as if they hav nt eaten for days Imagine Ŧħåϯ?
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by UyiIredia(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
That's harsh. I wouldn't recommend it.
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by zsch: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
I find it a chore to even shout at people how much more to beat.

Does she know how many times her husband would have loved to beat her but reigned it in. Women that beat in such a manner should get a grip
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by Butoneday2(m): 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
And he will be used to it?
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by mekaboy(m): 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
7 YEAR OLDS IN THE NORTH CAN HANDLE AK47 AND BOMBS, SO SHE HAS THE RIGHT TO DISCIPLINE HER 9 YEAR OLD, ANYWHERE ANY HOW grin grin grin grin
Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by brightmon: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
yes but it depends on what he/she did and in which country.

2 Likes

Re: Spanking Your Child In Public by kaykay123(m): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
I can't believe people born in this country are sounding as if they were given birth to in western world,so you mean if my child misbehave publicly,I should take him to a secret place and discipline him,God I will never do that,even the bible said Spare the rod and spare the child,this is the same reason,I didn't allow my kids to grow up in the states,I remember when I was a child,my mom (my mentor) can discipline me anywhere,so tell me why I can't discipline my child in the open,when he misbehave in the open.Pls for christ sake we are Nigerian's and we should learn to behave like one.Thank you

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extramarital Affair - The Warning Signs Before Getting Stuck / Does Your Husband Complain About Your Cooking? Share Your Experience. / Why Do Men Always Take Advantage Of Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.