Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? (1851 Views)

Foods To Avoid If You Plan To Have S3x / Foods To Avoid If You Plan To Have Sex / 21 Signs Of Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 16, 2012
I have been awake doing some personal research & usual brainstorming, then this topic came to my mind, and I felt like spilling it out to hear people's mind.

Today, we are youth, we are young, we are looking sexy, hot, cute, curvy, masculine, macho, virile, giant, handsome, etc...but soon, nature will take its normal course, and our bodies will start to shrink; the liquids & veins will start to dry up gradually whether with money & body works or not, they have limits, now I want to ask, how are you planning to spend your old age?

viz. would you continue to live in that busy city you are now or will go back home to a country-home, farm or anywhere else? if you are single, & not considering marrying like most male youths in Nigeria today are already thinking, how do you intend to spend it? How about starting a new less stressful sport career? building another quiet passion? and pls, is it healthy to be touring around cities when one has approached 80plus?

I would love to spend mine near a country-home side, maybe with some of my old time paddies if possible; maybe we form an old paddies club to get us united because I believe so much in unity (& for the fact that I love most of the childhood male friends I have, some within & outside the borders), then we may get a very big farm where we can go back to nature's occupation again by engaging in full-time farming- poultry, crop planting, goat rearing, making of animal feeds (rations), breed grass cutters, have a fish pond, train birds, etc so I can sit back & watch them grow & need my attention like I am very important at that time that the society maybe seeing me as less-important & people also seeing me as no longer too lively to be with cos of age. And most importantly, if God answers my prayers & give me my dream woman, then we stay together & laugh & look after those animals in the farm & maybe play with the grandchildren when they are around.

But wait a minute, before answering the question, are you even thinking of growing old or living till old age with gray hair I asked because with the way most of us live our lives today, it just seems that we aren't even interested in growing old, but I know majority would love to go back to their maker at gray hair, myself included, which is why we must consider our lifestyle now that we are young & strong!

Now to the question, how do you plan to spend your old age Pls share cheerfully!
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by ATMC(f): 4:13am On Aug 16, 2012
With my husband nd my god...and once in a while organise a lecture on life 101 for my grand children nd their friends.
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: With my husband nd my god...and once in a while organise a lecture on life 101 for my grand children nd their friends.

Wow....that sounds hilarious! Sure, I am aware that women tend to be more closer to God at old age than the males...I would also like to be more closer to God as a way of preparing my way to eternity. But wait a minute, I haven't heard of that lecture 101 before, what is it? And again, what are we going to teach our grandchildren if maybe we lived our youthful age in wander & immorality? just wondering considering how some youths are living their lives presently, as if they will never grow old
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by ATMC(f): 4:29am On Aug 16, 2012
DailyNews:

Wow....that sounds hilarious! Sure, I am aware that women tend to be more closer to God at old age than the males...I would also like to be more closer to God as a way of preparing my way to eternity. But wait a minute, I haven't heard of that lecture 101 before, what is it? And again, what are we going to teach our grandchildren if maybe we lived our youthful age in wander & immorality? just wondering considering how some youths are living their lives presently, as if they will never grow old
d lecturers of life 101 r not qualified by their good living but d grace of god in d form of opportunity to live dt long and share both their mistakes nd their achievements. I'll teach them what they should know about life which they haven't started experiencing so when they r presented with d life test, they will choose d right answers
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: d lecturers of life 101 r not qualified by their good living but d grace of god in d form of opportunity to live dt long and share both their mistakes nd their achievements. I'll teach them what they should know about life which they haven't started experiencing so when they r presented with d life test, they will choose d right answers

Oh! I see...okay, thats a cute one...but I myself believe that when one lives a wrong youthful life, he or she may not have the zeal & courage to educate others to live otherwise, I maybe wrong, just my own thought.
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by ATMC(f): 4:36am On Aug 16, 2012
Define a wrong youthful life
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: Define a wrong youthful life

Immoral lifestyle driven by youthful exuberance & pleasure thirst, & lacking good moral conduct & purpose-driven self control!
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by ATMC(f): 5:33am On Aug 16, 2012
They r part of growing up lessons. They shouldn't deterr one from teaching in old age lessons learnt either after failing or succeeding. So i think anyhow one lived, at old age...d young ones will borrow a leaf from his/her experience
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 16, 2012
Anyway, thats correct, and that was why I said I maybe wrong in my exertion.
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by ATMC(f): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2012
Moreso, i'll spend more time in my library, keeping abreast of facts...spend more time interceding for pple and making love with my husband- hope we have d strength to go:-p
And prepare for my death...i'll like to donate my vital organs few minutes after my death so my kids take note. Old age go make sense, looking forward to dt!
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 16, 2012
ATMC: Moreso, i'll spend more time in my library, keeping abreast of facts...spend more time interceding for pple and making love with my husband- hope we have d strength to go:-p
And prepare for my death...i'll like to donate my vital organs few minutes after my death so my kids take note. Old age go make sense, looking forward to dt!

Hahahaha....OMG, donate what Lol
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by pearlhapi(f): 8:21am On Aug 16, 2012
DailyNews: I have been awake doing some personal research & usual brainstorming, then this topic came to my mind, and I felt like spilling it out to hear people's mind.

Today, we are youth, we are young, we are looking sexy, hot, cute, curvy, masculine, macho, virile, giant, handsome, etc...but soon, nature will take its normal course, and our bodies will start to shrink; the liquids & veins will start to dry up gradually whether with money & body works or not, they have limits, now I want to ask, how are you planning to spend your old age?

viz. would you continue to live in that busy city you are now or will go back home to a country-home, farm or anywhere else? if you are single, & not considering marrying like most male youths in Nigeria today are already thinking, how do you intend to spend it? How about starting a new less stressful sport career? building another quiet passion? and pls, is it healthy to be touring around cities when one has approached 80plus?

I would love to spend mine near a country-home side, maybe with some of my old time paddies if possible; maybe we form an old paddies club to get us united because I believe so much in unity (& for the fact that I love most of the childhood male friends I have, some within & outside the borders), then we may get a very big farm where we can go back to nature's occupation again by engaging in full-time farming- poultry, crop planting, goat rearing, making of animal feeds (rations), breed grass cutters, have a fish pond, train birds, etc so I can sit back & watch them grow & need my attention like I am very important at that time that the society maybe seeing me as less-important & people also seeing me as no longer too lively to be with cos of age. And most importantly, if God answers my prayers & give me my dream woman, then we stay together & laugh & look after those animals in the farm & maybe play with the grandchildren when they are around.

But wait a minute, before answering the question, are you even thinking of growing old or living till old age with gray hair I asked because with the way most of us live our lives today, it just seems that we aren't even interested in growing old, but I know majority would love to go back to their maker at gray hair, myself included, which is why we must consider our lifestyle now that we are young & strong!

Now to the question, how do you plan to spend your old age Pls share cheerfully!
dunno yet!when the time comes I think things would take its course•am used to things falling into place by itself
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 16, 2012
pearl~hapi:
dunno yet!when the time comes I think things would take its course•am used to things falling into place by itself

Planning is vital in life...and don't forget that not everything do fall in place as we do believe in life...hence, need for vision, dreams and planning... smiley
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by pearlhapi(f): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2012
grin
DailyNews:

Planning is vital in life...and don't forget that not everything do fall in place as we do believe in life...hence, need for vision, dreams and planning... smiley
dailynews the guru•he must have wattu say
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2012
pearl~hapi:
;Ddailynews the guru•he must have wattu say
fe.....eling flattered... cheesy
Re: How Do You Plan To Spend Your Old Age? by chikeorji123(m): 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Live a simple life and planned ahead since l have upto 60yr on earth,while having a seat at back of my house with my grand children at my country-home.Having a grey hair in this our survivor of the fittest. Generation is not an easy task.

(1) (Reply)

....... / Boost Your Immune System And Balance Your Body PH / Husband Has A Zero Sperm Count. Please Advise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.