Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born (880 Views)

APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / REVEALED! Most Northern PDP Leaders Behind Buhari's Presidential Bid, Says APC / Let The Truth Be Told Before It Is Too Late - EK Clark's Letter To Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by Boazizzy08: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2012
Prominent Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark has been in the news over his verbal battle with some Northern leaders whom he has blamed severally for complicating Nigerian problems under this present administration. Chief Clerk yesterday again, confronted his critics in another war of words, saying that at 85, he was not seeking any kind of relevance in the nation.

Clerk who lambasted his critics over their comment that he was only talking so as to get the attention of the nation as well as Jonathan, said those who made such comment would need to go back to history and find out that he had been a very relevant figure in the country years back, and that he couldn’t be looking for any kind of attention at the age of 85.

Receiving a group from Delta State under the aegis, Anioma Agenda led by its Chairman, Mr. Alex Onwuadiamu at his Asokoro residence in Abuja, Clerk affirmed that Dr. Junaid Mohammed and others have insulted him for making an unremarkable comment about him.

Also speaking on the 2015 race in Delta state, Clerk had affirmed that there was no second class citizen in the state, hence every tribe I Delta state have the right to produce a candidate as far as the election is concerned.

“We are all one in Delta State, everybody is entitled to be governor in Delta, there is no second class citizen; once you are qualified, you are free to contest. We need love, we must love one another. If we are fair and we exhibit equity, there will be no reason for Ika South or Ika East because everyone is Ika, it is a political division, there must be no differences. You have the right to fight for your right and if you don’t fight, you don’t exist; some people should not be denied what they are entitled to,” he said.

In a reaction to the statement and claims by some people who said that the country will not exist until the president comes from a particular region of the country, Clerk said, “Let no one present Nigeria as if anyone is adopted. If we are fair in this country, we will not worry where the President of this country comes from, so no one should say that if they are not president, Nigeria will not exist.

“I don’t care whatever anyone says. At 85, I am not looking for money, when I was already relevant; some of these people were not born. I am not seeking relevance because Jonathan is President, it is an insult; I am not seeking relevance, Jonathan or no Jonathan, I am there and already relevant, I have become very relevant even before he became the Vice President of this country. I am mentally alert, I am strong, not senile.

“If anyone occupies Jonathan’s position, if he is being harassed, intimidated, no matter where the person comes from, I will stand and speak in the person’s favour. I am not a child in this country seeking relevance; I was a senator, a minister, a commissioner, chairman of various boards, an activist, I was a member of Zikist movement both in Nigeria and London; I have played prominent roles in this country. So at 85, I can’t be seeking relevance.”
Prominent Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark has been in the news over his verbal battle with some Northern leaders whom he has blamed severally for complicating Nigerian problems under this present administration. Chief Clerk yesterday again, confronted his critics in another war of words, saying that at 85, he was not seeking any kind of relevance in the nation.

Clerk who lambasted his critics over their comment that he was only talking so as to get the attention of the nation as well as Jonathan, said those who made such comment would need to go back to history and find out that he had been a very relevant figure in the country years back, and that he couldn’t be looking for any kind of attention at the age of 85.

Receiving a group from Delta State under the aegis, Anioma Agenda led by its Chairman, Mr. Alex Onwuadiamu at his Asokoro residence in Abuja, Clerk affirmed that Dr. Junaid Mohammed and others have insulted him for making an unremarkable comment about him.

Also speaking on the 2015 race in Delta state, Clerk had affirmed that there was no second class citizen in the state, hence every tribe I Delta state have the right to produce a candidate as far as the election is concerned.

“We are all one in Delta State, everybody is entitled to be governor in Delta, there is no second class citizen; once you are qualified, you are free to contest. We need love, we must love one another. If we are fair and we exhibit equity, there will be no reason for Ika South or Ika East because everyone is Ika, it is a political division, there must be no differences. You have the right to fight for your right and if you don’t fight, you don’t exist; some people should not be denied what they are entitled to,” he said.

In a reaction to the statement and claims by some people who said that the country will not exist until the president comes from a particular region of the country, Clerk said, “Let no one present Nigeria as if anyone is adopted. If we are fair in this country, we will not worry where the President of this country comes from, so no one should say that if they are not president, Nigeria will not exist.

“I don’t care whatever anyone says. At 85, I am not looking for money, when I was already relevant; some of these people were not born. I am not seeking relevance because Jonathan is President, it is an insult; I am not seeking relevance, Jonathan or no Jonathan, I am there and already relevant, I have become very relevant even before he became the Vice President of this country. I am mentally alert, I am strong, not senile.

“If anyone occupies Jonathan’s position, if he is being harassed, intimidated, no matter where the person comes from, I will stand and speak in the person’s favour. I am not a child in this country seeking relevance; I was a senator, a minister, a commissioner, chairman of various boards, an activist, I was a member of Zikist movement both in Nigeria and London; I have played prominent roles in this country. So at 85, I can’t be seeking relevance.”
http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/16/i-relevant-even-born-clark-replies-critics/
Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by IjeomaObasi: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2012
Boazizzy08: Prominent Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Kiagbodo Clark has been in the news over his verbal battle with some Northern leaders whom he has blamed severally for complicating Nigerian problems under this present administration. Chief Clerk yesterday again, confronted his critics in another war of words, saying that at 85, he was not seeking any kind of relevance in the nation.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/08/16/i-relevant-even-born-clark-replies-critics/
but that's the truth na.make them leave this old Papa alone o.Lol !
Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by BlackMamba2: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2012
Ok.... now you are expired.
Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by apala911: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
The answer to all these altercations is what is the way forward
Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by Dede1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
Edwin Kiagbodo Clark was as relevant as church rat before Gowon picked him up as a tribal tool.

2 Likes

Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by Dhelake: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
i wasnt alive then ... Buh i cant find ur name in d history books ... Both on d gud and on d bad side ..
My conclusion .. U were only alivf then, u were not relevant ....
Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by Dhelake: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
I tink dis man is kinda sick .... U claim u've been relevant b4 they were born and at d same time u're exchanging words wit them ... Then u're wat a yoruba man will call 'Agbaya'(Old Fool)
Re: Clark - I Have Been Relevant Even Before Most Northern Leaders Were Born by mpumalanga: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
Those that became relevant by supporting injustice against others
should keep quiet.He is happy that he is receiving what he can never
give from the IGBOS.Being relevant from the proceed of wickedness is not
worth boasting of.

(1) (Reply)

Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW / Nigeria: Thrown Into Chaos And A State Of Civil War: The Role Of The IMF . / Ex-comptroller General Of Prisons, Jarma Katagun, Dies After Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.