Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,132 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW (896 Views)

Buhari Orders Re-negotiation Of Mtn’s N780bn Fine / Kaduna Carnival "Shameful, Irresponsible": Shehu Sani Slams El Rufai / The People Of Imo State And The Scam Of Free Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by vowiski(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2012
As I flipped through the Complete Sports Dailies, I was in total shock and disbelief when I saw the yellow background with MTN logo on it, promoting or rather advertising the “Ultimate Wonder Promo” promising a grand prize of an airplane or its equivalent in cash plus N200 million other cash prizes for people who recharge a specified amount regularly.

I could not imagine how things have gone from bad to worse in Nigeria, trash are being allowed to be dumped in Nigeria while the customs officers act blind, politicians are looting the treasury in the Billions, Lecturers now drive in Nissan Armanda, Hummer and Ferarri. Now our telecom corporations who naturally make billions daily have jumped into the huge corruption market in Nigeria, where subscribers are deceived to pay for a promo that is obviously a Scam. Ripping innocent Nigerians of their hard-earned money in broad-day light. What use is the Nigeria Telecommunication Commissions and other regulatory bodies if they cannot control irresponsible acts like this?

Read More
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by ifyalways(f): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2012
I heard the ad. On radio and was shocked.
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by vowiski(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2012
ifyalways: I heard the ad. On radio and was shocked.

Nigeria is a dumping ground.. Don't know how she manages to swallow everything angry
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by PaulJohn1: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2012
To me I believe it's the greedy ones that will fall for that, Since no one forces anyone to risk his money.
Notwithstanding, the custoner officers should be held responsible.
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2012
vowiski: As I flipped through the Complete Sports Dailies, I was in total shock and disbelief when I saw the yellow background with MTN logo on it, promoting or rather advertising the “Ultimate Wonder Promo” promising a grand prize of an airplane or its equivalent in cash plus N200 million other cash prizes for people who recharge a specified amount regularly.

I could not imagine how things have gone from bad to worse in Nigeria, trash are being allowed to be dumped in Nigeria while the customs officers act blind, politicians are looting the treasury in the Billions, Lecturers now drive in Nissan Armanda, Hummer and Ferarri. Now our telecom corporations who naturally make billions daily have jumped into the huge corruption market in Nigeria, where subscribers are deceived to pay for a promo that is obviously a Scam. Ripping innocent Nigerians of their hard-earned money in broad-day light. What use is the Nigeria Telecommunication Commissions and other regulatory bodies if they cannot control irresponsible acts like this?

Read More

Somebody promising "an airplane" is same as somebody promising "a car".

Interpret "car" then you can interpret "plane". Or is 1970 model beetle no a car?

Now, car experts: what will be the cash equivalent of a 1970 model beetle?
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by vowiski(m): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2012
noblezone:

Somebody promising "an airplane" is same as somebody promising "a car".

Interpret "car" then you can interpret "plane". Or is 1970 model beetle no a car?

Now, car experts: what will be the cash equivalent of a 1970 model beetle?

200 Million naira is a huge money, even Microsoft will not waste business investments like that, let alone MTN splashing the bank for an unknow individual.. We have been through this before, remember the 1billon promo? Giving out Bilions when some places have no base stations and network remains crappy at best.. I can tell you authorititaively that I have re-connected my MTN modem over 50 times, just from 6am to Now. It doesnt happens always, but when it does, Trust MTN.. they can ruin your day completely, without any explanation..
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by wirinet(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2012
They said the grand price is an aeroplane, they did not specify the type, make, model or size of the plane. They might even be talking of a toy remote control plane or one of those small agricultural planes used for fumigation.

So we need to know the specs of the plane before we can comment on whether the promo is scam or not.
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by idupaul: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2012
The aircraft is a Cessna 182T
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by alstacs(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2012
I believe there should be a mass action against these people who have obviously misplaced their priorities.
Noone really care about prizes and raffles etc when they are still grappling with basic services.
For a very long time now, you can't call on mtn network without hitches; money paid and service not delivered; customer service only exist literally.
Maybe they should offer oil blocks as their prizes next time.
Defrauders!
Re: Irresponsible NCC And The Corporate Scam Of MTN Nigeria - TBW by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
I hope its not a Dana plane! But come to think of it... Why are all these South African companies in Nigeria so heartless? And nothing is done to arrest the situation.very very pathetic! sad

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS. V.c Esut................................................. / Reaction And Comments From Engr. Frank Okon Press Statement - A Most Read / CBN: Lobby For Sanusi’s Job Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.