Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia (13333 Views)

Fidelity Bank Rebrands, To Strengthen Focus On Youth Segment / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! / Kalahari Nigeria - How Good Is The Online Shop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by TruBrotha: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
CHECK THE GROUND. THIS POST FELL DOWN!
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Sammy107d(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2012
TruBrotha: Guys,
I am the Original Owner of the Trademark "Kasuwa" and "kasuwa.com" and they have been infringing on my Trademark. They changed immediately i contacted them and sent them proof of ownership.

My legal team is preparing to take legal action against them for damages.

The full details would be posted on www.techloy.com within the next coming days/weeks. Keep your eyes posted on that Blog

Kind Regards

Ceejay

It must be flattering to think they changed names because of you. If you know Rocket Internet and the Jumia brand, you'll know that a trivial trademark claim isn't enough to instigate a major strategic move like a rebranding and integration with several African ventures (www.jumia.com).. I'm sure Amazon, Pepsico, Rocket Internet etc deal with several trademark claims every time.

1 Like

Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by TruBrotha: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Sammy107d(m): 6:35am On Aug 18, 2012
TruBrotha: Well tell your self that. Don't make me post email communications okay? Just stick to your Job of online marketing and mind what you post and respond to or you would create something bigger than you can handle.

Have a good night
C.

Hey it's your legal adventure. If publicising e-mail communications out of emotions will strengthen your case, well, open an 'exposing kasuwa' thread..

Others, I hope you are receiving your orders. You have a right to quality service. Jumia will potentially revolutionise Africa, and we should all embrace anything like it.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Sammy107d(m): 6:47am On Aug 18, 2012
Although I'd obviously be a really poor online marketer, thanks for the compliment all smiley
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Sammy107d(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2012
Em, apart from smartbuy and some others mentioned here, does anyone know of any other general online store with good services and prices?
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by TruBrotha: 7:47am On Aug 18, 2012
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Sammy107d(m): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2012
Trubrotha, I understand. Personally, I'm against rights infringement, and if you have a legitimate claim, you should go for it. I'm just against the default, ninja-assassin stance many people assume when they see any form of innovation. Unless one is truly an aggrieved customer, no reason to cry wolf. I've had my order delivered, and I know of many others like me. It's a bit hasty to conclude that it's my job to market Rocket, as I wish any sort of high-quality, innovative start-up good luck.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by TruBrotha: 8:15am On Aug 18, 2012
POST FELL DOWN
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Seun(m): 8:46am On Aug 18, 2012
@TruBrotha: Don't be a litigious parasite. It's not a rewarding path. Remember the Winklevii.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by TruBrotha: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2012
POST FELL DOWN
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by DavidRossi: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2012
@ Trubrotha (ceejay)

92.3 FM
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by TruBrotha: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2012
POST FELL DOWN
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by pufectskin: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2012
@sammy or wateva u call urself, kasuwa or jumia is all hype...u better pray wat befell kalahari doesn't befall dem too. And u talk about them n revolution in Africa as if dey r d first in ecommerce over here (is it cos dey represent a foreign firm? Rocket internet? So what? Boy please!) Or rather, nigger please! if their customer service continue to b shitty and dey continue making silly mistakes such as stealing other business IP....den I am sorry...u r on a roll
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by papagiddy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
Thank God,jumia.com have refunded money paid for some books i ordered for 2 months ago which they cant deliver!. I think there are still honest Nigerian.....in as much as am happy for the refund,i just hope they will get their acts together coz i intends to do business in millions of NGN with them.either on POD or otherwise.anyway praise God!!!
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by alstacs(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
papa giddy: Thank God,jumia.com have refunded money paid for some books i ordered for 2 months ago which they cant deliver!. I think there are still honest Nigerian.....in as much as am happy for the refund,i just hope they will get their acts together coz i intends to do business in millions of NGN with them.either on POD or otherwise.anyway praise God!!!

Just refund? Whst about interest on your money for that period? Or do you think your money just laid quietly in the bank?, it became part of their capital for that time!
Did they apologise? Were they calling you regularly explaining why your order was delayed?
That is what good business people should do especially if they are in this kind of business (online marketing) where trust is always an issue from the begining.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by Sammy107d(m): 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
You all are right. Customer service/communication is critical. I really believe we'll see more and more improvements. Glad you got your refund Papa giddy. I hope they apologised profusely. The opportunities Jumia promises is profound...

@Pufectskin: I can't finger a reasonable point in your statement.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by lumzi23: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
afam4eva: lol grin when market no move dem go begin change name.

Dude they had 1.8 million views in 6 WEEKS! I think they are doing just fine.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by cokenla: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2012
Dear Teslim and the rest of the unhappy Jumia customers,

I am indeed sorry as regards your customer service experience due to the order you made at Jumia,i am very sure the delay was due to the fact they had lots of order at the same time and because the company is relatively new,you would still expect some teething issues,Please bear with Jumia,i am sure your issues will be treated soonest and your calls will start getting picked up.
Sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused you and do have a great day.
....Christiana
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by FLYBOY(m): 5:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
Jumia...A SCAM?

I placed an order on the 12th of October 2012 and PAID ONLINE
Items were 3 BOOKS and a pair of Shoes.
I called Jumia Customer Service(CS) on the 22nd of October only to be told my order has been cancelled.
The CS agent told me that they had a problem with THEIR Bankers and she would replace my order.

I call today 31st October again with no prior call from Jumia only to be told the items I ordered were UNAVAILABLE!!!!!

Hmmmm...JUMIA has used my funds for 19days...What is the cost of FUNDS 23%?

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
They are good if they have your goods intact. But they sometimes do delay a lot.
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by temilistic: 4:55am On Nov 02, 2012
hey i'm seriously asking has any one used www.sunglasses.com.ng/ .please ill like to know how their delivery is like..thanks in advance tongue
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by shamsuy: 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
bro. please what jumia or kasuwa means with coupon code please
or can somebody help me and explain me the procedure of buying from them using money transfer from acc no.
thanks
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 2:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
you can also check this guide about online importation business www.importationbiz..com
Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by gbonsy(f): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2012
I wish I'd read this post before ordering the blackberry playbook rapid charger from them. Unfortunately I paid the 4700 as I placed the order. What was delivered to me was a useless charger which wasn't even a BB phone charger, I wouldn't pay 500naira for that charger. if you use a playbook, you'll know that if you let the battery drain, the charger will not be able to charge it past the 'battery critically low' page except you charge with the rapid charger, or you take it to a technician to work their magic. So I decided to arm myself with this important tool. Long story short, I have called and emailed them plenty times, now they won't answer my mails, and they keep posting me. I know my money is gone. Bloody thieves![q[color=#990000][/color]uote author=blank]

Do you think you are talking to an illiterate? I bought a book as well as the dvd. Did u miss where I stated that I called them on numerous occasions but they kept on telling me lies? Even after they changed their number from a mobile number to a landline nos. I sent a stinker of a mail yet no response. Since you work there, I will send you my order number so you can check if I am lying. Although I know you will switch it around cos everytime I called they kept on trying to make it seem like I had just placed the order when I had placed it long before then. [/quote]

Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by gbonsy(f): 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2012
[quote author=gbonsy]I wish I'd read this post before ordering the blackberry playbook rapid charger from them. Unfortunately I paid the 4700 as I placed the order. What was delivered to me was a useless charger which wasn't even a BB phone charger, I wouldn't pay 500naira for that charger. if you use a playbook, you'll know that if you let the battery drain, the charger will not be able to charge it past the 'battery critically low' page except you charge with the rapid charger, or you take it to a technician to work their magic. So I decided to arm myself with this important tool. Long story short, I have called and emailed them plenty times, now they won't answer my mails, and they keep posting me. I know my money is gone. Bloody thieves! Here are pictures. the one on top is what was advertised and what i need,the one below is the rubbish delivered

Re: Online Shop, Kasuwa Rebrands To Jumia by michaelbiz: 1:57pm On May 20, 2013
Sammy107_d: You all are right. Customer service/communication is critical. I really believe we'll see more and more improvements. Glad you got your refund Papa giddy. I hope they apologised profusely. The opportunities Jumia promises is profound...

@Pufectskin: I can't finger a reasonable point in your statement.

Mr. Sammy, I took some time to read every comment you have written on this thread, and Seun came to your rescue. I still feel you are fronting for Jumia and it seems you work there or own a stake. Correct me if I am wrong, anyway.

But the issues are clear and well spelt-out. Customers are NOT happy with Jumia, and for whatever reason I thought you would show them some respect and attend to their claims in the bid to defend the 'Kasuwa' rebrand, but you didn't.

You just enjoy arguing and that would hurt your new 'Jumia' brand more.
Hope you have learnt your lesson after chasing them away. *shaking_my_head*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Bank Agrees To Give Nigeria $2.5bn Loan / Crude Oil Price In Further 5.6% Fall / Get Free Foreign UK Phone Number That Redirect To Your Nigeria Phone FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.