Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Ex-enugu Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani, Is Alive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-enugu Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani, Is Alive (834 Views)

Nnenna Agnes Nnamani Is Dead (Ex-Enugu Governors Wife) / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch / Chimaroke Nnamani Is Not Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ex-enugu Governor, Chimaroke Nnamani, Is Alive by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
Associates of a former governor of Enugu State, Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani, on
Friday debunked rumours of his death. There has been anxiety since some blogs posted reports that Nnamani had
passed on. But his associates, who spoke to PUNCH, said Nnamani was in Washington
DC, United States recuperating after undergoing a “medical procedure.” Dr. Dan Shere, the 2011 governorship candidate of the People for Democratic
Change in Enugu State and Pro-chancellor of University of Port-Harcourt, said,
“This is wicked and I know it is the handiwork of evil people who have chosen
to play dirty politics. “I spoke with him (Nnamani) about one hour ago (3.15 pm on Friday) and he
was sounding very well. He has only undergone a successful medical
procedure and is recuperating very fast. “I don’t know why people should be spreading such malicious rumours. What
they want to achieve with it, I don’t know.” A former Commissioner for Information during Nnamani’s reign as Enugu State
governor (1999 – 2012), Mr. Ogazimora Igbonekwu, also said, “This is wicked.
Why are people doing this? Has politics in Enugu State degenerated to this
level?” In an official statement he made available to journalists, Ogazimora noted,
“Here is stating that there is no truth whatsoever in the claim by some people
that former governor of Enugu State, Chimaroke Nnamani, is dead or gripped
by a terminal illness.” The statement also reads, “Yes, Nnamani undertook a successful surgery two
months ago and has been recuperating. He personally spoke twice to me
yesterday (Thursday) and at exactly 4.35 pm today, Friday, August 17.
Friends and well-wishers are advised to ignore the rumour as Nnamani is alive
and well, though currently staying out of Nigeria because of the surgery.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/nnamani-is-alive-associates/

(1) (Reply)

Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? / Enemies Within / LASTMA Official Attacking A Danfo Driver On The Steering (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.