Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch (96096 Views)

Reception For Enugu Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi In Nsukka (photos) / Governor Chime Denies Detaining His Wife / Governor Chime In London Hospital With Heart Disease - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by TeenageMoney(m): 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2012
Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, was feared dead on Saturday.

Unconfirmed reports had it that Chime passed on at an Indian hospital after battling an undisclosed ailment for some months.

Meanwhile, The PUNCH’s Enugu State correspondent, Ozioma Ubabukoh, was harassed by seven men who claimed to be security agents in front of his apartment in Enugu around 11.45pm on Saturday.

The men seized Ubabukoh’s phone and his laptop in order to stop him from sending stories to the head office.

As at press time, the men were still in Ubabukoh’s apartment and insisted that they were not leaving until 3am.

Efforts to get across to some commissioners in the state were not successful as their phones were switched off.

http://www.punchng.com/news/chime-feared-dead/
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by TeenageMoney(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
How sad. may his soul RIP

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by WarriPikin1: 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2012
While other countries like South Africa have proper medical facilities to treat their citizens and even Mandela within their border, Nigerians are forced to seek quality medical care abroad. Especially with sometimes half baked Indian doctors. It's so sad. Nigeria's ineptitude has claimed another illustrious son.

15 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by austertee01(m): 12:14am On Dec 16, 2012
Why this news again... This is becoming too much and sad... God save Nigeria. 3rd to comment sha
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Biim: 12:17am On Dec 16, 2012
This is so sad,RIP Gov.Chime
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2012
Sullivan is not dead, my uncle is not dead....whoever is peddling thed rumour is the one that died...why are people this wicked

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by luluosas(m): 12:50am On Dec 16, 2012
If this news is true, may his soul rest in peace.
But, why will Nigeria be in this dark period right now?
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by jayjam(m): 12:55am On Dec 16, 2012
Sometimes i am left to wonder if its actually worth moving them abroad,most of them dont usually return alive.lets develop our health sector,we can better off the indian's achievement.Rip yak,azazi and nw Chime,abt 8 R I P's within 5hours.God save us

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by DuduNegro: 1:03am On Dec 16, 2012
may his soul rest in peace, Amen.
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by ayox2003: 1:30am On Dec 16, 2012
*sighs*

This is where I hate you- death.

Death, if you could kill Chime, Azazi and Yakowa on the same day, what are corrupt politicians, boko-haram sponsors and the troublemakers of this nation still doing on earth? Ehn?

All these have killed millions of people indirectly by stacking billions meant for the masses into their personal accounts.

Maybe you are saving the best for the last. Please this time next year, let them be gone. Why? Because the carcass of those children who have died of hunger is begging for revenge, the blood of those who have died on bad roads is clamouring for justice, the souls of those who have been killed by randy policemen cos of N20 is hankering for revenge, the spirit of those mothers who died during child-birth cos of the poor state of our hospitals is crying out loud for justice (while the politicians go abroad for medical attention), the family of those who died from carbon mono-oxide emitted from generators are in sorrow.

Death, you got have enough reasons to act!

Just do the Ghana thing and let's have peace.

Frawzey

134 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by auwal87(m): 1:37am On Dec 16, 2012
ayox2003: *sighs*

This is where I hate you- death.

Death, if you can kill Chime, Azazi and Yakowa on the same day.

Death, what is Ibori, IBB, Lucky Igbinedion, Alameiseghia, Bode George, Gbenga Daniel, Akala, OBJ, Dariye and others still doing on earth? Ehn?

All these names have killed millions of people indirectly by stacking billions meant for the masses into their personal accounts.

Maybe you are saving the best for the last. Please this time next year, let them be gone. The carcass of those children who have died of hunger is begging for revenge, the blood of those who have died cos of bad roads is clamouring for justice, the souls of those who have been killed by randy policemen cos of N20 is hankering for revenge, the spirit of those mothers who died during child-birth cos of the poor state of our hospitals is crying out loud for justice (while the politicians go abroad for medical attention).

Death, you got have enough reasons to act!

Just do the Ghana thing and let's have peace.

Frawzey

Keep hoping for another person's death, and they will bury you. angry

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by malele(m): 1:48am On Dec 16, 2012
auwal87:

Keep hoping for another person's death, and they will bury you. angry
Lol
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by emiye(m): 2:07am On Dec 16, 2012
I still want to believe it is not true cry
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by saintneo(m): 2:26am On Dec 16, 2012
I don't want to believe that this is true.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by DuduNegro: 3:07am On Dec 16, 2012
Chime no well, people dey die for US, Hamburg, Germany, England, France.....hin carry go for Mexico go die.

anyway, may his soul rest in peace, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Nobody: 3:09am On Dec 16, 2012
I thought this was a rumor.

O ga o. rip
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Nobody: 3:33am On Dec 16, 2012
Can someone confirm that this is true

Let's not jump into the RIP wishes yet.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Afam4eva(m): 6:02am On Dec 16, 2012
Any reliable source to the story?

This is really sad if true...

The good ones keep dying while the evil ones remain alive.
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:08am On Dec 16, 2012
Kill them all.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by pendusky(m): 6:14am On Dec 16, 2012
This is Serious! what of Gov. Liyel Imoke of Cross River?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by wengerjay(m): 6:19am On Dec 16, 2012
Within a month:2 gov dead,1 gov brain-dead.God delivers our nation frm infirmities and deaths.
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Ivynwa(f): 6:20am On Dec 16, 2012
How true is the news? They want to tell us hey! he is dead and expect us to start going "RIP" just like that without knowing the veracity of the news.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by BetaThings: 7:12am On Dec 16, 2012
Abdul Adam56: Kill them all.
You need to make taubah for this. May Allah forgive you

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by adaoraogbonna: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2012
Teenage Money: A heavy cloak of mourning falls on the nation once more today as news of Governor Sullivan Chime’s death filters in.

A reliable source who confirmed his death to SouthEastNigeria.comsaid he gave up the ghost an hour ago in India. (9pm Nigerian Time)
His Excellency, the late Governor Sullivan Chime had battled an undisclosed illness for months.

When citizens began questioning his prolonged absence from Enugu, the official story was that he was on a long vacation accrued over a period of 5 years.

News of his death puts an to the many speculnaations that the Governor was indeed terminally ill.

Minute rest in peace.

Source: southeastnigeria.com

na U̶̲̥̅̊​​ kill am mtchew. Nairaland una too dey gossip.the man is not dead.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Odunnu: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2012
The rumour was rife in town all evening yesterday but as at this morning, his excellency is still alive. He is seriously ill but who among us has never been ill? Yet we all pulled thru. What he needs most now is our good prayers.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by slap1(m): 7:46am On Dec 16, 2012
If he's still alive, quick recovery. If dead, well. . .what can I say?
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Super1759: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2012
what is TA orji still doing?

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by abes(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2012
Odunnu: The rumour was rife in town all evening yesterday but as at this morning, his excellency is still alive. He is seriously ill but who among us has never been ill? Yet we all pulled thru. What he needs most now is our good prayers.

No, what he needs now is to be transparent about his illness and if possible resign to save the entire state this drama. Remember Yaradua? We all screamed.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by Lawconfessor(f): 8:09am On Dec 16, 2012
Not praying for ur death sir
But whichever way, death is inevitable.
RIP sir if d story turns out to be true...
Quick recovery if U're still critically ill
Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by RickyRoss1(m): 8:19am On Dec 16, 2012
Hmm, is this for real or what? This rumor has been circulating for weeks now, I hope its not true. This man is among the best governors in the East.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by RickyRoss1(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2012
Warri _Pikin: While other countries like South Africa have proper medical facilities to treat their citizens and even Mandela within their border, Nigerians are forced to seek quality medical care abroad. Especially with sometimes half baked Indian doctors. It's so sad. Nigeria's ineptitude has claimed another illustrious son.

Last month i said similar thing in one thread and people wanted to eat me alive. I will repeat it again, the worst place to go for medical attention is India.
Yeah India has better docs/facilities than Nigeria but they are far from being the best and corruption is very rife there.
I know 7 people who went to India for medical attention, some breast cancer, liver, heart surgery, stroke, etc, none of them came back alive. Only my village girl that had breast cancer died in Nigeria, just 2 months after returning to Nigeria.

From what I know, poor people prefer India bc its far cheaper than Europe and America. But I will rather die in Nigeria than India. But for a state governor to go to India I dont know what he wants to achieve. One thing is certain, when our time is up even the best doctors/medical facilities in the world cannot save us. Yaradua and Ojukwu are clear examples bc they were both admitted in the best hospitals but yet they died bc their time was up. But I dont support India at all.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari's Media Chat (Video) / Nigerian Presidential Election 2023 (Live Updates And Monitoring) / Meet Abdullahi Bashir – Herdsman Who Wanted To Marry Hanan Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.