Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms (16296 Views)

Boko Haram: Fg Considers New Law On Explosives / Okigbo Report: Fg Considers Action Against Babangida / FG Considers Sacking Sanusi ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by otodeluxe(m): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
Na wa oo. Am not even sure this news is real Its so disgusting
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by taharqa: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
@Suchie. The USA is presently negotiating with d Taliban, an extremist group responsible 4 d deaths of hundreds of US soldiers and thousands of oda civilians. They also negotiatd wit sm armed groups in Iraq( though not wit Al Queda) wen they were.....I hv my deep reservatns about dis move and still do, yet I undastad dat dis is a complex(actuali a very complex) issue and so require a more sophisticated perspective. Simple options may not exactly cut it dis time
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by strangest(m): 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2012
JTF is really winning them with the massacre in Borno, they should keep it up. Negotiation should be out of the question, though I doubt if the government will just release the fund to them, a fund that they have refused to release to yusuf since 2010, some intelligence work is definitely going on.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
What about the stewpeed idea of islamization of Nigeria, hope that would be forgoten too? Mtcheeeww... Nonsense, cos of just #48m.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
jamace: If govt claims members of BH are faceless and now somebody is negotiating on their behalf, hope govt is not falling into the hand of a 419ner?

The Govt itself is made up of 419ners
It is made up of crooks and Rogue.

The same people that claim to know nothing about boko haram will come out, now that money is involved.

No wonder money is our National god.

Has govt compensated the victims of BH?
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Beync(f): 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
How much did govt compensate innocent victims of boko haram with? Just asking. It seems violence and crimes pays now, at least u can negotiate with gvt. Wow!
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by floridam(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
Boko haram is politically sponsored to destabilize president Goodluck government.
Now that jTf have started killing tens in retaliation of boko haram bombing and shooting, the sponsors are beginning to shout genocide.
In my opinion, let boko haram continue with their bombing and also let JTF continue with their job and see who will run at a lose.
Gov't should not negotiate with terrorists.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by starboy3(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by dont8(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
Which one is political boko haram, didn't know they have factionsgrin

Seriously we're in more trouble, expect more groups and individuals like Sen. Ndume to spring up.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by starboy3(m): 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
Mehn...
Dis boko condition no strong my mind @ all ooo..
Well lets pray dat dey rest after d 48milla enta dia hand(praying tins)
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Les: 2:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
Mandelaguy: The past errors by past leaders can only be corrected through careful dialogue and planning. Violence or retaliation will never get this country anywhere. Niger delta militants decided to embrace peace and now,they live. If BH has decided to make a u-turn(realising that they were doing more damage to their region than good),they should be accepted back and forgiven for their ignorance and stu.pidity.
and the u-turn includes bein compensated, pa jona bein a muslim?*speechless*
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by dasparrow: 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2012
@Post

My fear is that after the FG gives them the money, they might come up with a fresh set of demands thereby blackmailing the government into giving them more money. FG should also consider that another sect (political or religious) might arise and begin to terrorize the nation in hopes that the FG will equally give in to their monetary demands. Is that how we are going to continue as a nation? I smell problems ahead.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by belovedaja(m): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
I support any move that will bring peace in nigeria. But why should terms be secret, what is thet guaranty that this will not happen again since this is not the first time .
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by luq4u(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
It's better to negotiate,to know why&who you are fighting. This are condition for cease fire,it ll be nice if govt can broke peace like this. But govt must not let down the security,cos you never say never
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by belovedaja(m): 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2012
After killing innocent people they want to dialogue and pay compensation. What will happen to the victims. The families of victims might take up arm tomorow.
FGN should be careful because i forsee bh using the tool of black mail against them.

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
This is a trap.. FG if you concur to thse diya stuff then be ready to setlle over 30 groups claiming to be Boko Haram
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Suchie(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2012
taharqa: @Suchie. The USA is presently negotiating with d Taliban, an extremist group responsible 4 d deaths of hundreds of US soldiers and thousands of oda civilians. They also negotiatd wit sm armed groups in Iraq( though not wit Al Queda) wen they were.....I hv my deep reservatns about dis move and still do, yet I undastad dat dis is a complex(actuali a very complex) issue and so require a more sophisticated perspective. Simple options may not exactly cut it dis time
My dear am short of words..my ques is will they eventually stop after this negotiations?Wat abt the families of the pple dat were killed..will they also be compensated?it's really crazy hw things r been handled in dat country.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Bukkyade: 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
Hmmm. I reserve my comments
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Walexz02(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2012
...;..
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by gbadexy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2012
Believe it or not, the open condemnation of boko haram and appeal to reason by sheikh gumi is the major influence for the peace initiation by boko haram.
I even doubt if the real boko haram were behind the attempt on the sheik's life. The man is an obviously well respected Islamic scholar in the north and his condemnation would have caused serious uncomfortable situations where there gullible foot soldiers starts questioning their actions.
I wish the government and the boko haram can both make this peace deal work. We will begin to hear of confrontation with fake boko harams and I would want the government to step aside and let them trash it out.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by belovedaja(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
Tompolo, ateke, asari etc took up arm against fgn and in the event innocent lifes were wasted. Today they are not only billionaires but allies of fgn.
Shekau, qaqa, etc followed suit now fg is negotiating a reward for them.
So fgn is emporing it citizens financially through.
So terrorism pays.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by kokoA(m): 3:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
floridam: Boko haram is politically sponsored to destabilize president Goodluck government.
Now that jTf have started killing tens in retaliation of boko haram bombing and shooting, the sponsors are beginning to shout genocide.
In my opinion, let boko haram continue with their bombing and also let JTF continue with their job and see who will run at a lose.
Gov't should not negotiate with terrorists.
Oju-olegba weed at work. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Yerimzo(m): 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2012
Guess the 100mil initially given to 'em got finished.Their reservoir just got depleted,dey wan use our money 4 d re-filling.Mallam Gej pls dnt fall 4dis.God bless 9ja.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
nelllove: @mandelaguy, you cant compare boko haram with niger delta militant, the latter fought against their marginalization and the former what?
Help me ask am abeg...
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Blackbody20(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Wise word
kool J: If govt pays bombers (suicide And otherwise) millions of taxpayers' money for wasting Nigerian (and foreigners') lives, what will they do for the thousand victims of bh bombings? How much ll they be paid?

This is synonymous to patting crime on the back; who knows just like other polithiefians, they ll give a thanksgiving (whatever its called) for being 'vindicated'. I laugh in allahu akbar!

So if that's the case, I quickly settle for crime and get 'compensated' by the FG and live like its the most honest thing ever. Well so will several other million youth.

Really, just how clueless can this government be? Bribing bombers? Who does that in this day and age

I need a masterplan in organised crime undecided
you are damn right my brother.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by kokoA(m): 3:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
undecidedWhat about GEJ becoming a muslim? Hope the government is looking into that option to.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Acidosis(m): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2012
jamace: If govt claims members of BH are faceless and now somebody is negotiating on their behalf, hope govt is not falling into the hand of a 419ner?
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by bravehost4u(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
First, they said their fight is against western education but it did not work.
Secondly, their fight is to islamize the north again it was unattainable.
thirdly, their fight is to remove GEJ and they failed woefully.
Fourthly, they want an islamized Nigeria which is like building an upside-down castle in the air.
They want GEJ to convert, answer was NO.
Finally they said all the innocent lives wasted is just because of a paultry sum of 48 million.
Who is a fool? What is BKHM fighting for?
Do these Abokis think we are fools or maybe they needed a break from JTF.

Pls WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST!!
PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Bastiger(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2012
If this piece of information is anything 2o go by,then it's a pity.if really the FG is going 2o dole out 48million for those Godforsaken terrorists that were "unjustly" sent to hell,what about the thousands of lives that those bloodthirsty demons snuffed out?are their families going to be compensated too?can this fvcked up negotiation erase the pains in the hearts of the victims kith and kin?will it stop their tears laced with venom?the innocent blood you shed will hunt you down,you want to negotiate, huh? You want peace,huh?well,fvck peace cos peace will alwz elude u cold-blooded illiterate killers.i'm keeping my fingers crossed to see how this plays out.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Gozzzy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
i suspect ploy somewhere....... These people are too determined in their struggle,to derail because of paltry 48 milla...... I smell acquisition of more bomb making materials,arms ,n ammunition with the money..... This is cheap blackmail..... GEJ, muru anya o
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
My ONE and ONLY advise right from day 1, Never Negotiate with a terrorist!!!!
They neeed the money to acquire more IEDs, i hope i'll be proved wrong........... the only demand i know they made (online by their leader - one muslim guy) was for Jonathan to convert to islam.
Even if FG decide to pay(bribe) them (against my wishes), he shouldn't give out the money until that same man(one dirty unkempt man) goes online and issues the same demand, so that we would know we are dealing with the same people and not some imposters.
Re: FG Considers Boko Haram’s Terms by Sunofgod(m): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2012
This government is weak ohh . . .

See as they back down and negotiate with all those 'religious and subsidy terrorists'.

Its a shame - a big shame.

This sets a bad precedent - expect a 'boom' in terrorists groups springing up all over naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Don’t Accept Gifts From People" - Aisha Buhari / Lagos Ranked As Most Innovative City In Africa, Followed By Cape Town. / Ogun State Governors Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.