Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? (26559 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / How Do I Share Internet Connection Between Host And Virtual Box Windows 2008 / Which Is The Best Internet Connection In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Winnerslfc(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2012
Hello dear networking/
computer gurus.
I wanted conectin 3 systems
in my ofice so dat dey can
share internet conection,
printers, etc. So i bought D-
LINK (8 ports).
The problem is i use a USB
modem so how do i share
internet conection usin a USB
modem?
Sum1 told me dat its not
posible cuz i need a modem
dat can suply internet
conection to my D-LINK
(router) and my D-LINK wil do
d distributin to all. But in dis
case, my USB modem can only
suply to jst 1 system so how
can i distribute dis connection
to odas

Please help
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 19, 2012
Do other systems have a wireless adapter? if yes, use Adhoc mode to create and share your network by turning on ur wireless device with the usb modem connect to your system. If no, try this experiment as it worked for me. Get an ethernet cable (cat5 or 5e) connect directly from ur system to another system, if it works, get a switch and connect direct from ur system to the uplink port and connect other systems to other ports in the switch.
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by adetwin(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by samfibby(m): 5:46am On Aug 21, 2012
Get a usb enabled wan port tp link router and u are good to go.
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Chygoz2(m): 6:39am On Aug 21, 2012
Go to your network and sharing center, right click on the connection you want to share and click on the sharing tab. There should be an option with something like "share this connection with other computers". Check the box beside it then select "local area network" on the combo box below it. Then save. Connect the computers to the d-link. The ip address assignment should be done dynamically. Then dial your connection. It should work. I'm assuming the d-link is an ISR thus with switching capabilities. If it isn't then get a switch for it.
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by samfibby(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2012
i m not sure tyou can use windows ICS for more than two users. Any ways, try the instructions above
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by teribithia(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2012
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126 Maybe that help you.

On the host computer, follow these steps to share the Internet connection:
Log on to the host computer as Administrator or as Owner.
Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Network and Internet Connections.
Click Network Connections.
Right-click the connection that you use to connect to the Internet. For example, if you connect to the Internet by using a modem, right-click the connection that you want under Dial-up.
Click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab.
Under Internet Connection Sharing, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.
If you are sharing a dial-up Internet connection, select the Establish a dial-up connection whenever a computer on my network attempts to access the Internet check box if you want to permit your computer to automatically connect to the Internet.
Click OK. You receive the following message:
When Internet Connection Sharing is enabled, your LAN adapter will be set to use IP
address 192.168.0.1. Your computer may lose connectivity with other computers on
your network. If these other computers have static IP addresses, it is a good idea to set them
to obtain their IP addresses automatically. Are you sure you want to enable Internet
Connection Sharing?
Click Yes.
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by samfibby(m): 3:46am On Aug 24, 2012
Download connectify and share wirelessly
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by damola1: 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
Tested and trusted by thousands of Nigerians: https://www.nairaland.com/630374/mtn-glo-airtel-starcomms-visafone
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Don4life: 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2012
samfibby: Download connectify and share wirelessly
doesnt work for mi
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by meccomng(m): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2012
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by legalwealth(m): 5:10am On Nov 06, 2012
Winnerslfc: Hello dear networking/
computer gurus.
LINK (8 ports).
modem so how do i share
modem?
Sum1 told me dat its not
dat can suply internet
conection to my D-LINK
to odas

Please help
Download and use connectify.

It is a software.
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
Is it wirelessly?.....Are you using windows7? if yes, let me know and I'll tell you how to create a soft Access point with the command prompt for other pple to connect via wireless
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by meccomng(m): 11:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
There are so many way you can achieve this. You can call me on 07026483977 for details.
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Winnerslfc(m): 12:20am On Dec 23, 2012
Wow tanx all. I was able to fix it. Jah bless u
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by lakefist(m): 1:05am On Dec 23, 2012
Winnerslfc: Hello dear networking/
computer gurus.
LINK (8 ports).
modem so how do i share
modem?
Sum1 told me dat its not
dat can suply internet
conection to my D-LINK
to odas

Please help
it is simple all u need to do is share d dlink after u connect ur usb modem and ure gud to go u can call me for more details 08052953195
Re: How Can I Share Internet Connection Using A Usb Modem? by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Winnerslfc:
Wow tanx all. I was able to fix it. Jah bless u
Please how did you go about sharing your Internet and printer.... Am having the same issue.

(1) (Reply)

SuperBass Wireless Bluetooth Speaker With FM | Phoning System / A Dangerous Malware Known As Ransom32 Discovered - Laptop Owners Beware / Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.