Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... (5430 Views)

Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! / Lagos Carnival What Do You Feel About It / Nigerian Children Ashamed Of Their Names ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by nyameke: 4:19am On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

Just continue to stoop your head in cowardice, I have no time for the likes of you. If you want to continue with your coconut ways, then by all means do so. I for one am proud of my culture/ancestry. You will never see me change my name to Bob or Timothy.
No you're the coward obviously.. you are proud of your culture and you assume others are not proud of theirs yet you can't define to me what culture really means to you? Yea that's what I thought. Your kind of people with no ounce of intelligence is the reason why the continent is regression

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 4:21am On Aug 24, 2012
nyameke: No you're the coward obviously.. you are proud of your culture and you assume others are not proud of theirs yet you can't define to me what culture really means to you? Yea that's what I thought. Your kind of people with no ounce of intelligence is the reason why the continent is regression

The reason I say you are not proud of yours is because I'll summarize it for you brethren

you said Westernization = more Successful

Being Westernized does not make someone automatically do better or become more successful. You completely did not comprehend one thing of what I said. I said Africans should be themselves and stop being followers of the West.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by ezotik: 4:24am On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

(who the heck quotes posts from other users like Royal without creating their own). It shows you are weak-minded if you can not create your own insults friend.

mohammed... oops sorry, muhammadu.. i usually dont have time to start describing people like u... i only have one word for ur likes... dumbass

so i quoted someone who had the time. but the fact that u are still stuck on that instead of responding to my response, i guess it really shows u lack intelligence, abi?

If you are a female, then I apologize for arguing with you, I do not like arguing with ladies it is against my moral code.

moral code ke? grin not after all the arguments u've had on this forum with women, esp miss u know who.

If you are male, then I will continue to see you as a puppet

yeah, call me a puppet while the tip of ur head is touchin the ground praying to ur arab master in the east. okpe!
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 4:25am On Aug 24, 2012
ezotik:

mohammed... oops sorry, muhammadu.. i usually dont have time to start describing people like u... i only have one word for ur likes... dumbass

so i quoted someone u had the time. but the fact that u are still stuck on that instead of responding to my response, i guess it really shows u lack intelligence, abi?

moral code ke? grin not after all the arguments u've had on this forum with women, esp miss u know who.

yeah, call me a puppet while the tip of ur head is touchin the ground praying to ur arab master in the east. okpe!

...Ok whatever you say Ezotik
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by nyameke: 4:28am On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

The reason I say you are not proud of yours is because I'll summarize it for you brethren

you said Westernization = more Successful

Being Westernized does not make someone automatically do better or become more successful. You completely did not comprehend one thing of what I said. I said Africans should be themselves and stop being followers of the West.
lol your ignorance knows no bounds quote me where I said westernization= more successful or even alluded to that..

Btw if you ask me I don't really think you are proud of your culture at all. I think its more like you hate your culture for being dominated by another
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 4:30am On Aug 24, 2012
nyameke: lol your ignorance knows no bounds quote me where I said westernization= more successful or even alluded to that..

Btw if you ask me I don't really think you are proud of your culture at all. I think its more like you hate your culture for being dominated by another

LOL not in a million years, actually I'm too proud of it. It is what separates me from say an American or Brit, a French person, a German, etc.

Many Nigerians do not even want to be seen as different, and they feel that being different and not themselves (aka an original) is a bad thing.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by ezotik: 4:33am On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

...Ok whatever you say Ezotik

awww muhammadu, nothing more to say now that u know i have two black ballz? so it is women u really like arguing with all day long.
...fvcking hypocrite!
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 4:35am On Aug 24, 2012
ezotik:

awww muhammadu, nothing more to say now that u know i have two black ballz? so it is women u really like arguing with all day long.
...fvcking hypocrite!

If you are a man bring it on, however, only women tend to say "awwwww" unless if the man I'm speaking to is a ..... (but I won't use that term because it is rude).
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by nyameke: 4:39am On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

LOL not in a million years, actually I'm too proud of it. It is what separates me from say an American or Brit, a French person, a German, etc.

Many Nigerians do not even want to be seen as different, and they feel that being different and not themselves (aka an original) is a bad thing.
Lmao about not in a million years. You re definetly really ignorant like a lot people out there.. So this begs the question " define culture in your own words ".
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by ezotik: 4:43am On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

If you are a man bring it on, however, only women tend to say "awwwww" unless if the man I'm speaking to is a ..... (but I won't use that term because it is rude).

im using 'awwww' because im treating u like a b!tch. thats how i respond to women when they start acting unladylike. and unless u are a woman pretending to be a man online, then u are acting like a b!tch right now because instead of responding to my comment, u are busy b!tching about irrelevant issues.
...b!tch!
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by tpia5: 4:44am On Aug 24, 2012
It is what separates me from say an American or Brit, a French person, a German, etc.

are you white?

those of us who are BLACK, AFRICAN AND NIGERIAN know what it is to be different!!!!

culture isnt the determinant of being different or the same in such instances!!!!!

if you are referring to sagging pants and whatever, then say so.

if, however somebody's accent is what's giving you a hard time, then i just hope you learn to stop taking panadol over what doesnt concern you.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by ezotik: 4:47am On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 5:00am On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:

are you white?

those of us who are BLACK, AFRICAN AND NIGERIAN know what it is to be different!!!!

culture isnt the determinant of being different or the same in such instances!!!!!

if you are referring to sagging pants and whatever, then say so.

if, however somebody's accent is what's giving you a hard time, then i just hope you learn to stop taking panadol over what doesnt concern you.

Tpia, I'm beginning to wonder if you have a reading comprehension problem:

Fulaman198: Some of you are really a disgrace to even call yourselves Africans. You attribute success with a Western moniker, shame on you. I bet your ancestors are shaking in their graves. How does being more Westernized = more successful, only a fool would think so.

You are right I am Martian and from outerspace, now you are sounding ridiculous. What do you even know about Fulani culture, let alone the vast traditional Nigerian cultures, so you go follow Akata man Blyss na? am I correct?

I am a 3rd generation settled Mbororo from Mayo Belwa if you know what that is, if you don't, conduct some research; my family comes from very humble beginnings and we are a traditional family that will never forget where are roots lie like a lot of you sell outs have.

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by ezotik: 5:23am On Aug 24, 2012
How does being more Westernized = more successful, only a fool would think so.

btw, isnt what u arabized slaves believe in the north? that until u travel to mecca and go bow down to a stone, u will not have the title alhaji?

and alhaji = success, and one who is spiritually purer than u church rats (pun intended) who have not been able to afford the trip to become more arabized?

and isnt that why u all strive to make the trip in ur lifetime no matter how poor u are? and oh, the arabs are ever so happy to see their flock of sheep.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by tpia5: 5:39am On Aug 24, 2012
fulaman

my question was why do you consider your culture as the only thing separating you from a brit, an american or the average european?

and yes, what i responded to what i read on this page.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by MrsChima(f): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2012
Lmao@fulaman sonned by hjs own people and internationally.

Buhahaababbababba.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by MrsChima(f): 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman was denied papers and he is mad at anyone that even mention anything western BUTHIS TRADITIONAL IGNORANT ARSE CONTINUING USING INTERNET AND MODERN DEVICEZ.

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH FULAMAN.

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Lmao@fulaman sonned by hjs own people and internationally.

Buhahaababbababba.

I don't consider brainwashed puppets (Illeke, Suyu and a few others are not puppets of your society) my own people. They are Coconuts like you.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2012
I will continue to use my youth to realize my own dream and that of true Africans like the man pictured.

Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman I don't mean to come off as rude or annoying, But you sorta scare me. It seems like you have the same Ideologies as that of boko haram. Once again, I'm not trying to be rude here.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:
fulaman

my question was why do you consider your culture as the only thing separating you from a brit, an american or the average european?

and yes, what i responded to what i read on this page.

It is because it is, so many cultures in the world are kneeling before the West and imitating them. This is due to Westernization and it hurts the more traditional cultures of the world. When Africans start going by the imaginary territories placed before them by EUROPEANS, and saying nomads must do as they say, it is destructive to those traditional cultures who want to keep living the way they have for thousands of years.

I won't let my culture or any traditional culture disappear, as long as this body of mine has life and God gives me strength I will not waste my youthful energy being a faceless puppet to society.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Fulaman198(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Fulaman I don't mean to come off as rude or annoying, But you sorta scare me. It seems like you have the same Ideologies as that of boko haram. Once again, I'm not trying to be rude here.

Boko Haram has a far different thought process, they kill and murder innocent people for no reason (both Muslim and Christian)

For me I am telling Africans to be themselves, and stop being copycats and to be proud of who they are as people.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
lol@this thread.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Blyss: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

Boko Haram has a far different thought process, they kill and murder innocent people for no reason (both Muslim and Christian)

For me I am telling Africans to be themselves, and stop being copycats and to be proud of who they are as people.

LOL. Don't you have some cows that need tending to? undecided
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
tpia@:
^ type in music according to tribe, not nigeria.

[size=18pt]and please, stop your whining- it's getting so annoying.[/size]

i'll really try to leave you to yourself and others of like minds, but you are working people's nerves.

take a break if the internet is starting to get to you. [size=18pt]Go home if you find western culture too offensive[/size].

seriously, [size=18pt]this is bordering on paranoia[/size]. Stop before you hurt somebody for goodness sake.

you're just as bad as that ghanaian fellow.

get a grip (we know it's post ramadan)

I am really starting to feel bad for harassing this lady.
She makes a hell of a lot of sense more often than not.

Tpia big up!! SPOT ON!
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Blackberry phones and Facebook is heavily engulfed with Africans...

And many Africans still mantain their identity using westernization....

[size=28pt]Fulaman...Yabba Left said pudding and juice time.[/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

i CAN'T believe this is the same Fulaman that I "looked up to".

smh.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
Fulaman198:

That is correct, Blues music, Rock, American Country all have it's origins in Africa (mainly present day Mali, Burkina Faso, and Niger).

SO IT'S OK for Africa to influence others...

BUT GOD PUNISH Africans who except outside influence?

NONSENSE.
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
JallowBah:

Like people throwing babies in the woods to die because they for example have downs syndrome or other handicaps. It is going on in Africa, Asia, and arabic countries.

People giving birth to more kids than they can feed.

Killing humans for the sake of juju.

Not -everything- about every culture is a good thing. Sorry.

"GUNSHOT!" grin grin

Spot on Jallow! cool
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
Blyss:

LOL. Don't you have some cows that need tending to? undecided

grin grin grin

I need to get off this thread.

Shout out to Fulaman for producing one of the funniest threads in this section! grin
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by nyameke: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2012
Fulaman198:

It is because it is, so many cultures in the world are kneeling before the West and imitating them. This is due to Westernization and it hurts the more traditional cultures of the world. When Africans start going by the imaginary territories placed before them by EUROPEANS, and saying nomads must do as they say, it is destructive to those traditional cultures who want to keep living the way they have for thousands of years.

I won't let my culture or any traditional culture disappear, as long as this body of mine has life and God gives me strength I will not waste my youthful energy being a faceless puppet to society.
you still have not defined what culture means to you..

Btw the bolded is soo ignorant, stupi.d and hypocritical and stems from low self esteem that I cant begin to even take you serious. Dude even your barbaric forefathers would not want to live how they lived 1000s of years ago if they lived until the present time.. People evolve dummy and so does their cultural beliefs and ways. Only fools live in the past. The target is always moving and when you keep firing at the same spot, you’ll miss the mark. I have already told you that what was a good way of doing things in the past might not be the best way in the present..

You're not a very smart man. You want to live like how your forefathers lived 1000s of years ago yet you are here using the internet. Writing in a foreign language and probably living in a western world. You watch tv Etc and use all of the modern stuff invented by modern men and yet you're here talking nonsense..
Only cowards talks the talks but never walks the walks. Shouldn't you be in a cave or tent somewhere living the nomadic lifestyle that your forefathers lived?
Re: Don't You Feel Ashamed When You Kiss Up To Someone Elses Culture More So Than... by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 25, 2012
I Would say something in this thread about Fulaman, but it's already like 98 against 1, so fhuuck it

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mboho Mkparawa Ye Ubo Ikpa Akwa Ibom / Far East Asian Languages Are Near African Languages / Ifa Is Not Evil,but A Source Of Spiritual & Social Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.