Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,765 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:39 PM

Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? (830 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom / Aig-imoukhede, Chair Of Presidential Panel On Subsidy Verification, Is Oil Cabal / The Nigerian Oil Cabal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Mandelaguy(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2012
AIG'S report took into account the house of reps reports on the subsidy scam,went a step further to carry a kind of forensic investigation to bring out the facts on the subsidy scam,going further to work with CBN ,checking accounts,payments,vessel discharges and dates....a report most Nigerians will always be proud of because a good number of the marketers did fraudulent things. The initial uproar became calm,because of the thoroughness of the job and the evidence of flow of funds in the banks and the indictment of some marketers who gave us vessels discharging their products while those vessels were actually in Europe(scam), in comes the govt,Okonjo Iweala made it clear that "we will not pay subsidy to people who are owing govt and are saying that the govt is owing them while they did not supply what they were paid to do"

Why are they trying to hold us to hostage,a whole nation? They have sold their conscience on the altar of money,we say no to these,no one is bigger than Nigeria. The federal govt has ordered tankers and taking delivery of vessels to supply fuel.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Mandelaguy(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2012
We need to remove this subsidy completely....thank you to this govt,they feel our pain and we as Nigerians should support them at this defining moment to reposition our country.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Pupita(f): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2012
This is supposed to be a holiday,a day for friends and family to hang out,they chose this period to frustrate the efforts of the GEJ administration in the sanitisation of the oil sector, They will not succeed. I have really missed NL,am back,at least now that work has permitted me. Media should play their role well, and the govt should not succumb to their subtle blackmail.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Mandelaguy(m): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2012
The fuel queue is turning to something else.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Mandelaguy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
Maybe, the bigger target is Abuja,because reports reaching me is that other parts of the country are not experiencing this hardship.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by zakkyboy: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
The oil marketers are economic saboteur. God will consume them. They have no interest of Nigeria at heart. They are after the money.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Mandelaguy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
zakkyboy: The oil marketers are economic saboteur. God will consume them. They have no interest of Nigeria at heart. They are after the money.
Sheer wickedness
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Johndoe100(m): 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
Let be honest, if we were in the marketers shoes we would have chopped as well. What we have against them is that now that they have been caught, they should accept it and move on. They are now causing shortages in Abuja and as I understand it Nupeng wants to spread the shortages nationwide. I have never understood Nupeng, do they think that ANY government can allow itself to be blackmailed like that?

We will have to stand up to them once and for all.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Mandelaguy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Johndoe100: Let be honest, if we were in the marketers shoes we would have chopped as well. What we have against them is that now that they have been caught, they should accept it and move on. They are now causing shortages in Abuja and as I understand it Nupeng wants to spread the shortages nationwide. I have never understood Nupeng, do they think that ANY government can allow itself to be blackmailed like that?

We will have to stand up to them once and for all.
Don't mind them,Abuja has become a shadow of herself,but we must trudge on,we will not succumb to their blackmail no matter how tough it gets,this is a make or break fight. Are they not the same set of people that took us to the streets with talk that Subsidy removal is evi,that GEJ's govt htes us,while they are raping us all and carting our wealth away? Now,we don catch them finish,dem wan use another style enter us again. We no go gree!
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by Zutchy: 11:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Mandelaguy: Don't mind them,Abuja has become a shadow of herself,but we must trudge on,we will not succumb to their blackmail no matter how tough it gets,this is a make or break fight. Are they not the same set of people that took us to the streets with talk that Subsidy removal is evi,that GEJ's govt htes us,while they are raping us all and carting our wealth away? Now,we don catch them finish,dem wan use another style enter us again. We no go gree!
We no go gree at all my brother,they were able to hoodwink and decieve the masses in January but now everybody's eyes are open and watching them,we will not let them continue to steal our commonwealth for themselves and their generations to come,while Nigerians suffer on the ,street this Govt will catch all of you one by one.
Re: Are The Oil Cabal Trying To Hold Us To Ransom? by DVanguard: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2012
Hmmmm, very funny. Who is blackmailing who? if the govt is sure they have paid the marketers let the govt prove them wrong by publishing their names, amount paid and also those who owes the govt. This would enable Nigerians know who really who is guilty. We have a govt that speaks with two sides of their mouth. Look we have genuine marketers and ingenuine marketers. The last protest open lots of cancerworm in the petroluem industries. Here lot of this allocation are giving to friends of those in govt and who resale some to the marketers. There are lots of questions to be asked. I feel the marketers knows what they are doing, they deal with the govt and know the govt better than we in the public dormain. There is something fishy between the govt and the marketers which they are not saying. This marketers knows much about how they fianance govts friends and associate, their campiagns and elections, their trips abroad etc.
My candid opinion is for the govt to open up the subsidy regime by letting everybody knows who and who is involved, who gets what for bringing what and leave the rest to the public to deal with, not coming on board to accuse some people of blackmail. blame game wont help the situation but opening up the info to everyone to see and draw out his or her own conclusion or arrest who ever you think is guilty and procesute immediately.

(1) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iwuala Seeks Reform Without The Godfathers / Fg’s Anti-corruption Initiative Is Finally Paying Off-transparency Int'l / Two Governors Gone In A Day!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.